General Sports Discussion > NBA Board

Dysfunctional Lakers add a star

Pages: (1/1)

TheRazorbackGuy:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/anthony-davis-trade-pelicans-deal-all-star-to-lakers-in-package-including-lonzo-ball-and-brandon-ingram-per-report/

Lakers give up Ball, Ingram, Hart and 4th overall pick for the often injured Anthony Davis

ErieHog:

Can't say I like the deal that much for the Lakers.

LeBron's lost a step on his defensive fastball;  their primary FA target now seems to be Kemba Walker, who is someone they have to hide defensively; they traded their best on and off ball backcourt defender, in Ball.    They're going to have to fill roster spots with cheap options, and it effectively removes any possibility they try to chase Klay, when paired with his injury.

The opportunity for high-mileage LeBron and Kemba to help turn the Lakers into Pelicans West seems high.

Oliver:

Itís really the draft picks that make me slightly worried about this trade.  Lonzo could still be a Jason Kidd type talent but he could also become a head case, Ingram has the measurables to be a star but his blood clots are worrisome, Hart was looking like the most promising young talent before the season began but then he forgot how to play basketball all across the board. 

Iím good with giving up that for a top 5 NBA player despite his injury concerns.

Three future 1st round draft picks. Thatís a lot. I know they did that to keep Kuzma but still. 

husker71:

Kemba Walker could be their next target

TheRazorbackGuy:

--- Quote from: husker71 on June 15, 2019, 10:38:00 pm ---Kemba Walker could be their next target

--- End quote ---

Vegas has the Lakers as the favorite. I'm a tad skeptical on that

Oliver:

--- Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on June 16, 2019, 12:48:14 am ---Vegas has the Lakers as the favorite. I'm a tad skeptical on that

--- End quote ---

If they add another max player I could see it.   Otherwise Iím skeptical too

husker71:

Or split up the max money and select  2 or 3 players who can play the roles the Lakers need (shooting and D)

Pages: (1/1)

Go to full version