• 10,401,016 Posts
• 411,093 Topics
• 23,496 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Bizarre Zach Smith, Bret Bielema, KJ Hill story  (Read 8423 times)

A Hogwork Orange

Re: Bert's Failed Attempt to Coerce KJ Hill - Wow
« Reply #100 on: June 14, 2019, 01:30:01 pm »

Right below that there's an article about Morris not recruiting his son.

That's not a good sign.

Looks like it still worked out since we got him anyways?

twistitup

Re: Bizarre Zach Smith, Bret Bielema, KJ Hill story
« Reply #101 on: June 14, 2019, 01:30:44 pm »

How does KJ know it happened? 

What if CBB told him he was going to do it?

CBB: "I'll just call my buddy CA and cancel that visit for you"....

KJ: uuhhh..OK coach?!

...Later that afternoon

KJ to his Dad: "CBB is a little nuts"

Dad: Why?

KJ: He said he didn't want me to take my OSU visit and said he would go ahead and cancel it for me....

Dad: That is B.S. He better not have done that
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 01:46:21 pm by twistitup »

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

mckinneyhog5

« Reply #102 on: June 14, 2019, 01:37:00 pm »

It's just mind boggling this drunk, bumbling idiot totally screwed our program and made a fortune doing so. Hope he gets plastered one night and chokes on that Super Bowl ring he got.
Destroyed? Lol hyperbole much? Had two losing seasons in 5 years. By year 4 everyone expected a 9-10 win season but ended with 7 wins and a loss in a bowl game. Thatís where things changed for BB. The next season just drove the point home.

Morris needs to stand on his own and from what Iíve seen heís taken responsibility for the losses. The program will get back to 7-8 wins a year, the question now is Morris the right guy and how much rope do you give him? 6 wins next year goes along way towards proving he is the right coach.

Doofus

• Band Nerd
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #103 on: June 14, 2019, 01:40:09 pm »

Somethingís fishy.  In the reported scenario, did Bielema think that OSU would just throw their hands up and say, ďWell, Bielema said is he isnít  coming this weekend.  We quit.Ē  Of course not.  He would know OSU would call the family to confirm.

Bielema didnít do a good job at UA, but I donít buy this story for one second.  It might have been a joke between Bielema and Ash but I donít think Bielema believed this would keep the kid from OSU.

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #104 on: June 14, 2019, 01:40:27 pm »

Not sure the guy is throwing rocks, but naming names? Yeah... I'll allow it. Th crap that many fans put this family through over football is ridiculous. Just because someone is talented enough to get a free ride doesn't mean that at 18 years old they deserve what he got. I hope people will read/listen to his story and take it to heart for the next kid who's trying to get a scholly to play sports. People need to lighten up themselves rather than expecting someone to endure BS because they themselves are interested in the outcome...

Didn't Montez taking money from NLR boosters get the coach fired and caused them to forfeit games or something to that effect? 

johnny cash

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Thanks for nothing Jeff Long.
« Reply #105 on: June 14, 2019, 01:40:55 pm »

I would imagine a whole lot more BS like that happened with the man who destroyed Hog Football. I like to know the time it was sent. Probably 2 am when he was well lit.

Porkys Revenge

« Reply #106 on: June 14, 2019, 01:43:47 pm »

IF the call happened, it was 100% this.  He was joking around with a friend and talking ish.  There is zero chance Bielema actually called and seriously said something like this.  Zero.
Thats like saying thereís zero chance that CBB would wear a long sleeved pullover on a 100 degree day. We have a very large sample size in which he proved to be a moron.

Porkys Revenge

« Reply #107 on: June 14, 2019, 01:49:27 pm »

Somethingís fishy.  In the reported scenario, did Bielema think that OSU would just throw their hands up and say, ďWell, Bielema said is he isnít  coming this weekend.  We quit.Ē  Of course not.  He would know OSU would call the family to confirm.

Bielema didnít do a good job at UA, but I donít buy this story for one second.  It might have been a joke between Bielema and Ash but I donít think Bielema believed this would keep the kid from OSU.
CBB wasnít exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.

The Hogfather

« Reply #108 on: June 14, 2019, 01:55:13 pm »

Thats like saying thereís zero chance that CBB would wear a long sleeved pullover on a 100 degree day. We have a very large sample size in which he proved to be a moron.

Zero chance he did this in any other way that talking shiz to who he thought was his pal.  That's if the call actually happened. 

The Hogfather

« Reply #109 on: June 14, 2019, 01:59:02 pm »

Doofus is spot on.  :)

(notOM)Rebel123

« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 02:31:46 pm by (notOM)Rebel123 »

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Hogville Executive Consulting LLC
« Reply #111 on: June 14, 2019, 02:36:00 pm »

Unfortunately for your theory, KJ Jill confirmed this story on Twitter already

Sed76

• Hogvillian
« Reply #112 on: June 14, 2019, 02:52:50 pm »

Destroyed? Lol hyperbole much? Had two losing seasons in 5 years. By year 4 everyone expected a 9-10 win season but ended with 7 wins and a loss in a bowl game. Thatís where things changed for BB. The next season just drove the point home.

Morris needs to stand on his own and from what Iíve seen heís taken responsibility for the losses. The program will get back to 7-8 wins a year, the question now is Morris the right guy and how much rope do you give him? 6 wins next year goes along way towards proving he is the right coach.

He did major damage to the program that will take years to recover from. Nonsense like this KJ story, the story of him bailing on Pittman to jet to Vegas leaving him hanging with a top recruit. Hiring an assistant to an assistant who turned the offensive line to stone statues. He created a losing culture and that resulted in last year. After what we saw last year, I'll stick by my statement that he destroyed the program and now it has to be rebuilt from the ground up. I don't give Chad a pass for his record last season but not even the great Saban would have gotten that team to a bowl.

The Hogfather

« Reply #113 on: June 14, 2019, 03:03:14 pm »

He didn't confirm anything other than that's what he thinks happened.  All of the Ohio State coaches and players are going to say/think the same thing because they are all talking to each other and saying the same thing.

hogcards

• The Glimmer Twins
« Reply #114 on: June 14, 2019, 03:10:05 pm »

He did major damage to the program that will take years to recover from. Nonsense like this KJ story, the story of him bailing on Pittman to jet to Vegas leaving him hanging with a top recruit. Hiring an assistant to an assistant who turned the offensive line to stone statues. He created a losing culture and that resulted in last year. After what we saw last year, I'll stick by my statement that he destroyed the program and now it has to be rebuilt from the ground up. I don't give Chad a pass for his record last season but not even the great Saban would have gotten that team to a bowl.

He created that culture?

You may want to check his overall record and compare it to the Razorback's overall record since joining the SEC.

Sed76

• Hogvillian
« Reply #115 on: June 14, 2019, 03:23:36 pm »

He created that culture?

You may want to check his overall record and compare it to the Razorback's overall record since joining the SEC.

The culture of blowing second half leads and guys just quitting is what I was referring to by losing culture. I don't remember that being a huge problem before he showed up. We lost our share of games but don't recall guys not even trying to tackle or offensive linemen not even trying to block during previous coaches time here.

(notOM)Rebel123

« Reply #116 on: June 14, 2019, 03:26:41 pm »

You are assuming he is telling the truth.  ;)

Doofus

• Band Nerd
« Reply #117 on: June 14, 2019, 03:49:31 pm »

OSU might have sold the story to K.J. and family as presented.  It may have even had the result as presented.  That doesnít mean thatís how Bielema intended the conversation.

Superhog1959

« Reply #118 on: June 14, 2019, 04:03:31 pm »

OSU might have sold the story to K.J. and family as presented.  It may have even had the result as presented.  That doesnít mean thatís how Bielema intended the conversation.
It does sound like something made up, then told to a recruit. Oldest trick in the book, do something bad or make something up and blame it on someone else. Might never know the truth, but at this point it don't matter anyway.

Justifiable Hogicide

« Reply #119 on: June 14, 2019, 04:10:11 pm »

Unfortunately a statement, or even a pledge, from KJ Hill doesnít add any credibility to anything.

TrueBlue

• All-American Hogvillian
  • "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up."
« Reply #120 on: June 14, 2019, 04:13:21 pm »

https://katv.com/archive/kj-hill-commits-to-arkansas

According to this, KJ Hill committed to Arkansas at the Arkansas Sports Hall of Fame. Seems like a reputable guy since he did this with a lot of fanfare. Are you saying he went elsewhere to play after this? He didn't mislead a whole state to get extra attention did he? Surely he wouldn't want the spotlight again?

Forget "business decision" and all that other crap.

THE QUESTION IS THIS:

Is KJ or Zach Smith the biggest attention 'hoe?   

italian9005

« Reply #121 on: June 14, 2019, 05:28:09 pm »

KJ who???

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #122 on: June 14, 2019, 06:38:53 pm »

Maybe he was trying to prevent skin cancer. I know Iíll wear long sleeve light colored, loose fitting, light weight shirts and a full brim hat on days when it is a blazing sun and that hot.

The Boar War

« Reply #123 on: June 14, 2019, 10:02:29 pm »

How would a call from BB stop a visit from Hill. 

Exactly.  Now if B.B. calls up OSU and tries to impersonate KJ Hill and then turns around and calls KJ Hill with his best Urban Meyer weíve got some great entertainment potential.

The Boar War

« Reply #124 on: June 14, 2019, 10:07:10 pm »

Maybe he was trying to prevent skin cancer. I know Iíll wear long sleeve light colored, loose fitting, light weight shirts and a full brim hat on days when it is a blazing sun and that hot.

Except, unfortunately, we have that shirtless picture of him from a pool in Vegas.

N HOG

« Reply #125 on: June 15, 2019, 12:38:24 am »

Unfortunately a statement, or even a pledge, from KJ Hill doesnít add any credibility to anything.

Thank you for bringing some sanity to the discussion.

Porkys Revenge

« Reply #126 on: June 15, 2019, 08:07:46 am »

We shoulda strapped him in a straight jacked and shipped him back to Wisconsin. He WAS the cancer.

hawgon

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #127 on: June 15, 2019, 08:30:09 am »

He didn't confirm anything other than that's what he thinks happened.  All of the Ohio State coaches and players are going to say/think the same thing because they are all talking to each other and saying the same thing.

So, you donít think the OSU coaches saved the recording for him so that he and his dad could hear Bert day that?

Razorbax

« Reply #128 on: June 15, 2019, 08:45:45 am »

Didn't Montez taking money from NLR boosters get the coach fired and caused them to forfeit games or something to that effect? 

That is what I remember. Also, didn't Alabama drop the recruitment of Hill right after the news of Montez monetizing KJ came out?

The Hogfather

« Reply #129 on: June 15, 2019, 09:19:08 am »

So, you donít think the OSU coaches saved the recording for him so that he and his dad could hear Bert day that?

Absolutely not.

hogshead04

Beilema and KJ Hill
« Reply #130 on: June 15, 2019, 12:08:43 pm »

K.J. Hill confirms crazy Arkansas recruiting story. States prior to visit to Ohio St Beilema called Chris Ash at OSU to tell him KJ was canceling visit. Ash called KJ parents and they were livid. That ended recruitment for Arkansas. Heard a lot of recruiting stories. Never heard of a coach from one school canceling a visit to another school. Shows you the character of the coach. Also shows recruit you canít trust him

LZH

Re: Beilema and KJ Hill
« Reply #131 on: June 15, 2019, 12:10:46 pm »

It shows his character, for sure.  But how did he actually think he was going to stop that kid and possibly his parents from getting on a plane and going to see the OSU coaches and campus?  Tito's?

hogcards

• The Glimmer Twins
« Reply #132 on: June 15, 2019, 12:11:52 pm »

I'm hesitant to 100% believe this.

LZH

« Reply #133 on: June 15, 2019, 12:16:15 pm »

I'm hesitant to 100% believe this.

I was too, but I haven't read much to refute it.  I'd say it's very possible.....stupid, but possible.

GroŖer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Everything from did-il-I-doh to darned if I know
« Reply #134 on: June 15, 2019, 12:18:59 pm »

Iím surprised that if indeed this happened, that it wasnít an open secret among the Arkansas recruiting media.

pigture perfect

« Reply #135 on: June 15, 2019, 12:19:41 pm »

eh, I donít trust KJ and his family. I donít trust CBB either.

thebignasty

• I find your lack of faith... disturbing.
« Reply #136 on: June 15, 2019, 12:25:06 pm »

eh, I donít trust KJ and his family. I donít trust CBB either.
right?

Pork Twain

« Reply #137 on: June 15, 2019, 01:54:21 pm »

He might have been douchy, but this story sounds BSy.  Why would the phone call even matter at all, KJ would still show up and the visit would still happen

HognitiveDissonance

« Reply #138 on: June 15, 2019, 01:58:01 pm »

I have no opinion on this story until hearing from all parties involved.
One very important party hasn't weighed in yet---Bret Bielema.
I would want to hear his take on this.
Overall, I find it fishy and think there's more nuance to it than meets the eye.
Chris Ash used to work here at UA in 2013, for one thing.
I just want to hear from CBB, and he probably could care less and we'll never hear from him.

So, this story is just bunk for now.

I certainly don't care what Zach wife-beater Smith has to say. Why would anybody believe him?

tusksincolorado

• I will teach you Italian....the fun way.
« Reply #139 on: June 15, 2019, 08:25:35 pm »

Truthfully....it was what, 2 or 3 years ago?

Who cares....

bkjbearcat

« Reply #140 on: June 15, 2019, 08:58:53 pm »

I have no opinion on this story until hearing from all parties involved.
One very important party hasn't weighed in yet---Bret Bielema.
I would want to hear his take on this.

Overall, I find it fishy and think there's more nuance to it than meets the eye.
Chris Ash used to work here at UA in 2013, for one thing.
I just want to hear from CBB, and he probably could care less and we'll never hear from him.

So, this story is just bunk for now.

I certainly don't care what Zach wife-beater Smith has to say. Why would anybody believe him?
Why? BB was too waisted to know if he made that call or not.

greenie

« Reply #141 on: June 15, 2019, 09:36:01 pm »

I was too, but I haven't read much to refute it.  I'd say it's very possible.....stupid, but possible.

What kind of evidence would prove it DID NOT happen?  I canít think of anything. For me, the only evidence that would prove it DID happen would be a recording of the call with a clearly identifiable BB voice.  I guess itís fun to talk about due to the absurdity of the whole thing...further fueled by hatred of BB.

hawgwash

« Reply #142 on: June 16, 2019, 05:19:52 pm »

Sed, could you (or someone) catch me up on the Pittman/Vegas story?  I somehow missed that one. Thanks.

hawgwash

« Reply #143 on: June 16, 2019, 05:22:40 pm »

I know people who do exactly that on the golf course. BB though was wearing a windbreaker.

hawgwash

« Reply #144 on: June 16, 2019, 05:24:39 pm »

Why? BB was too waisted to know if he made that call or not.
Some typos are just better than others.  :)

Athog

« Reply #145 on: June 16, 2019, 05:45:55 pm »

haha. The more threads to disparage cbb the better :)

It is not hurting BB!! It continues to focus on the Arkansas negative. It just amazes me that our fans jump right into yo discuss it. On second thought.. naw it does not!!

Mike Irwin

« Reply #146 on: June 17, 2019, 07:20:41 pm »

Iím surprised that if indeed this happened, that it wasnít an open secret among the Arkansas recruiting media.
Well, it wasn't an open secret and why is this coming out what, five years after the fact? I've stated this on Twitter, it may or may not be true but who gives a rip? Bielema is in Arkansas' rear view mirror.

He was a strange dude. Said all kinds of crazy things. A lot of fans liked the "borderline erotic" comment. I thought it was creepy. There are a number of effective ways to express the satisfaction of bulldozing Texas. That's not one of them.

But again, it really doesn't matter. He gone.

Porked Tongue

• Global Moderator
  • Senior
  • Formerly posting as Snout Says
« Reply #147 on: June 17, 2019, 08:35:44 pm »

Highly embellished to help the Hills save some face.

They were never going to get what they got to go to Ohio St.

Afterwards, the spin is there simply because they are hitting an easy target(BB).

Porked Tongue

• Global Moderator
  • Senior
  • Formerly posting as Snout Says
« Reply #148 on: June 17, 2019, 08:39:08 pm »

It's been confirmed
Just because the Hill's confirm it doesnt confirm it.

Do we not think that would have gotten our before?

Formula Hog

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas