• 10,335,441 Posts
• 409,103 Topics
• 23,366 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My take on Michigan  (Read 1340 times)

Porkerpower

My take on Michigan
« on: June 13, 2019, 11:28:54 am »

I was so impressed with the way their pitching staff approached the UCLA hitters, specifically the lefties.  There game plan was to keep it low and away on the righties and inside out on the lefties.  They were good enough to hit their spots and forced those right handed hitters to start reaching for it, and would come inside and jam them.  They were very effective with that strategy, and I think that was the overriding reason they made it to Omaha.

Also, they seem to be the type of team that doesn't beat themselves, very disciplined at the plate, and they can run.  They did have a couple of nervous type mistakes late in the last game with UCLA, but overcame them with pure grit and pitching.

I look for them to beat Texas Tech and play the razorbacks after we take care of FSU.

Thoughts?

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
    • Missing your favorite thread?  It's probably in Vents and Rumors
Re: My take on Michigan
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 11:39:36 am »

I liked watching them play against UCLA and was pulling for them not just because it would make our bracket easier.  Coach and team just seemed to have the right attitude.  Playing ball and having fun.  In game 2 one of their OF made a really bad error late that gave UCLA the lead but they all rallied around him told him no big and they went out and tied the game to send it to extra innings. 

They should be loose and have nothing to lose.  I plan on going to game 1 Saturday and supporting them.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Boared Out Of My Mind

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 11:43:19 am »

Tech is too good and has experience, just like Hogs. Both of us are playing teams that barely got in regionals, but have gotten hot and played their way through, beating good teams along the way. FSU is straight rolling! So that's gonna be tough. But hopefully we can cool them off and get rid of the Martin's last year narrative. Michigan is gritty, you're right. Seemed like a few times they were about to head home, but persevered. Their regional was pretty weak though imo, and once they got to finals vs Creighton, there was no pitching left and they started raking. I beat Tech shuts them down though, and wins by a decent margin. Our game will be close if they throw their lefty and we throw Zay. I wish they'd go hard throwing righty and we start Noland, but understand how important Game 1 W is. Michigan will go 0-2 though

Hogarusa

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 12:04:18 pm »

Blue did make 5 errors from the 8th inning on in game 2.  I would be pretty stunned if either FSU or Blue won, but FSU has already gone to 2 SEC homes to advance and Michigan played on the west coast and took 2 vs the #1 team in America. Perhaps both peaking at the right time to continue advancing. I’ll stick with the favorites and their aces for game 1

GoHogs1091

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 02:54:51 pm »

Michigan has 3 very good starting pitchers.

I just don't think Texas Tech's ace is as good as Michigan's 1st game starter (Kauffmann).

Michigan is an under-the-radar team, and #1 seed UCLA found out what 3 very good starting pitchers can do for a team.

Michigan may really be the only team in Omaha to have the pitching that can somewhat contain Vanderbilt.

daBoar

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 06:41:56 pm »

Michigan led the Big 10 in Batting Average and ERA....they shouldn't have been off the radar.  They aren't now, besting #1 on their home court.

I like the idea of TTech having to stretch themselves in game 1.

Tortfeasor

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2019, 10:03:45 pm »

I wasn’t impressed with UCLA and thought they were overrated. Because of that, I can’t tell how good Michigan really is.

Porkerpower

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2019, 12:27:57 pm »

I just like the pitching approach Michigans pitchers have.  I do not know who their pitching coach is, but he personally would be the "sleeper".  Next time we go pitching coach shopping.......just sayin.

Porkerpower

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2019, 12:29:05 pm »

I expect a low scoring game between Michigan and Tech.  Michigan wins.

woodhog14

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2019, 12:41:49 pm »

I expect a low scoring game between Michigan and Tech.  Michigan wins.
I'm sure Michigan wants payback from earlier this year.

Texas Tech swept them:
1st game 11-2
2nd game 10-3
3rd game 8-5
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas