• 10,409,155 Posts
• 411,343 Topics
• 23,503 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31]   Go Down

Author Topic: GAME THREAD 65, COLLEGE WORLD SERIES: #5 ARKANSAS (46-18) vs FLORIDA ST (41-21)  (Read 13075 times)

hoglady

No. We didn’t get screwed. You can’t say we got screwed when we didn’t score. And that’s not what happened. There was nothing nefarious about that play.

I was looking for an intentional swipe at the glove by the baserunner - I didn't see it on replay, looked like a clean play to me, too.
(ARod did that in 2004 in the ALCS against the Red Sox and got called out for it)

pigbacon

• Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net

Emotions aside, that was one heck of a game to watch. I hope Martin’s wrist and Ezell’s foot are both ok. What’s up with these pitchers trying to field with the bare hand? I get it...laying it on the line in the CWS!

It was nice to see Franklin hitting the ball. Several others ripped it but right at someone. Nice dig by Nesbit at 3rd. 

Baseball is truly a game of inches. Had Heston’s ball carried a little further, or Fletcher just had another step when out at first.

These guys need to shake this one and get back after it. I don’t see FSU beating us again.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Catholic High Hog

Two things are certain
1. We lost tonight
2. Everybody in this thread hates everybody else

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Eric Musselman!

And how can our hitting put Florida State runners on base?
When our pitcher "hits" their batter!  That's how!

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Eric Musselman!

I was looking for an intentional swipe at the glove by the baserunner - I didn't see it on replay, looked like a clean play to me, too.
(ARod did that in 2004 in the ALCS against the Red Sox and got called out for it)
He stuck it in there too far.  Hindsight, but tag the runner and make the throw to first.  End of threat.

TebowHater

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • DMAC > teBLOW

SeldomHere

• Senior
  • My all-time favorite gender.

I really do not understand what all the arguing is about. We lost, it was not one play, it was a culmination of every play. That is what a baseball game is.

rinds

He stuck it in there too far.  Hindsight, but tag the runner and make the throw to first.  End of threat.

I was thinking the same thing but it was a bang bang play. The play's went FSU's way and not ours.

Hogginintheville

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net

There is an old saying that defense wins championships but offense win games. The defense was there tonight unfortunately the offense couldn’t win the game. THIS IS BASEBALL!! The way I see it, now we get two extra games of watch BDD and Company

TebowHater

• DMAC > teBLOW

The coin flip has occurred and we will be the visitors on Monday.

Beaverfever

• Your site for Razorback news.

I really do not understand what all the arguing is about. We lost, it was not one play, it was a culmination of every play. That is what a baseball game is.
people melting over college baseball.  Lots of emotional people on both sides it seems.

swineology

PorkSoda

Man, helluva game, too bad we lost. 

Gotta shake it off, and get ready to win out in the loser bracket.

ucahogfan

One defining trait about this team is that they are at their best when the back is against the wall.  They are just a tough bunch of ball players and DVH is going to get the best out of them moving forward.

BroyledNutts

LOL at Bob Holt, loser

I couldn't be a ball player and have Bob Holt ask me anything after a loss like this ... I'd be in jail on multiple charges.

Razorbax

We are playing with house money. We were predicted to finish fourth. Yes, I want to win it all and losing hurts. However, I am enjoying this unexpected ride.

factchecker

• RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!

I am enjoying this unexpected ride.
Amen

BroyledNutts

Two things are certain
1. We lost tonight
2. Everybody in this thread hates everybody else

I hate you for saying that ....
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31]   Go Up

KARK