• 10,312,388 Posts
• 408,484 Topics
• 23,342 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why do you like tennis?  (Read 102 times)

kane54131

• Walk-On
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Why do you like tennis?
« on: June 12, 2019, 02:55:48 am »

I absolutely love the game. It is a big part of my life and many of my friends are people that I met through tennis. It is a game that you can play most of your life. I have played with people in their 80s and 90s. Men and women (best tennis shoes) can play together and compete together. It is great for families. It is good for physical fitness. It is a game that is easy to play at a fairly high level, but difficult to master. Almost anyone can play. The late great Vic Braden once said, “if you can take your index finger and place it on your nose, then I can teach you how to play tennis.”

It is a great stress reliever. There are so many mental aspects of the game as well, including strategy and court positioning, that can have as much if not more impact on your game as the strokes, themselves.

I played a couple of hours ago and I am going to be teaching kids, tomorrow morning. What a wonderful game!
AND
Why do you like tennis?

Großer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Everything from did-il-I-doh to darned if I know
Re: Why do you like tennis?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 07:45:25 am »

Some of the best athletes in the world. Rare combination of speed, power and coordination.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Adam Stokes

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 04:11:10 pm »

It is the great equalizer of sports. I've been smoked by 12 year olds, 60 year olds, and women alike. Most diverse field of international athletes.

Though I'd argue it is pretty difficult to pick up. You can take a good basketball player and they can play football or soccer half decent. Throw them on a tennis court and they get humbled pretty quick.

Großer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Everything from did-il-I-doh to darned if I know
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 07:39:08 pm »

It is the great equalizer of sports. I've been smoked by 12 year olds, 60 year olds, and women alike. Most diverse field of international athletes.

Though I'd argue it is pretty difficult to pick up. You can take a good basketball player and they can play football or soccer half decent. Throw them on a tennis court and they get humbled pretty quick.

Yep.

1highhog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat.
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2019, 05:23:37 am »

I love tennis, used to play it all the time when I was younger.  I haven't played it in years but it's a game that a novice can easily pick up just to hit the ball over the net back and forth to a partner.  Now, with that said, put someone on the other side with just a little experience and the novice will never even come close to returning a ball.  The conditioning it takes to play tennis, especially at a mid to high level, is one of the better sports out there to play.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas