File 13 > Trash

Greatest Fans in Baseball?

Pages: (1/2) > >>

HungryHog:

I'm not saying it was Karma - but we were on here breaking our arms patting ourselves on the back for being such gracious hosts to Central Conn last week.  How many of these fans were cheering "Booger Eater" 37 times yesterday?

It's easy to not like Ole Miss.  I hate when they beat us, because they act very pompous and arrogant.  But, let's remember who we are.  It was tough yesterday when they were winning and their Hotty Toddy cheers were echoing through Baum Walker - but that is our fault.  We don't have to sit quietly.  We can cheer for our Hogs.  I heard people in my section telling the Ole Miss fans they were "sittin' in the wrong section!" = these people traveled across the state, bought tickets and have every right to cheer for their team.

Let's remember to be good hosts..  Part of that is showing them how to be gracious winners and gracious losers.  Hopefully it will be a perfect opportunity to show how to be a gracious winner today.

1highhog:

--- Quote from: HungryHog on June 10, 2019, 10:46:31 am ---I'm not saying it was Karma - but we were on here breaking our arms patting ourselves on the back for being such gracious hosts to Central Conn last week.  How many of these fans were cheering "Booger Eater" 37 times yesterday?

It's easy to not like Ole Miss.  I hate when they beat us, because they act very pompous and arrogant.  But, let's remember who we are.  It was tough yesterday when they were winning and their Hotty Toddy cheers were echoing through Baum Walker - but that is our fault.  We don't have to sit quietly.  We can cheer for our Hogs.  I heard people in my section telling the Ole Miss fans they were "sittin' in the wrong section!" = these people traveled across the state, bought tickets and have every right to cheer for their team.

Let's remember to be good hosts..  Part of that is showing them how to be gracious winners and gracious losers.  Hopefully it will be a perfect opportunity to show how to be a gracious winner today.

--- End quote ---

:puke:

Rocket23:

Not to Ole Miss.  I cannot stand them.  Any bit of gentil I had for Ole Miss fans went out the window after the two times I attended ballgames in the grove.

ricepig:

--- Quote from: 1highhog on June 10, 2019, 11:10:12 am --- :puke:

--- End quote ---
Feed em fish heads.....

GoHogs1091:

--- Quote from: Rocket23 on June 10, 2019, 11:17:17 am ---Not to Ole Miss.  I cannot stand them.  Any bit of gentil I had for Ole Miss fans went out the window after the two times I attended ballgames in the grove.

--- End quote ---

The Grove  =  Probably the most overrated group of trees in the United States

bhogs05:

I say give them heck..their fans are awful. I see no problem with fans going back and forth as long as it doesn't get too vulgar..some banter back and forth is expected with sec rivals

Wardhog85:

--- Quote from: GoHogs1091 on June 10, 2019, 11:26:06 am ---The Grove  =  Probably the most overrated group of trees in the United States

--- End quote ---
I 100% agree with you. I've been, and I have absolutely no idea what the hype is about.

Grizzlyfan:

--- Quote from: HungryHog on June 10, 2019, 10:46:31 am ---I'm not saying it was Karma - but we were on here breaking our arms patting ourselves on the back for being such gracious hosts to Central Conn last week.  How many of these fans were cheering "Booger Eater" 37 times yesterday?

--- End quote ---
If a man builds a thousand bridges and eats one booger, they don't call him a bridge-builder....they call him a booger eater.

pardsy:

I don't think chanting booger eater is necessarily being bad fans. We gave CCSU hell in the outfield when we played them just like every other team, and were gracious to them the rest of the series. In March, Nikhazy was out talking to us in the hog pen before the game, and was a very nice guy to us. Before the game Saturday he was out talking to us again, and greeted us like old friends when we called out his name. He spent almost 5 minutes during warmups just chatting baseball with us. Almost hated to see him pick his nose and slurp it down on national television. But to say we're bad fans for yelling booger eater at him isn't necessarily true. The rowdy fans on the front row of the hog pen yelling booger eater the loudest, were also the same people chatting baseball with him in the pregame.

Deep Shoat:

--- Quote from: ricepig on June 10, 2019, 11:18:43 am ---Feed em fish heads.....

--- End quote ---
and cold Lima beans!

sasnakrafan:

Nope I participated in the Booger Eater calling. Is it mean? Maybe, but it wasn't the least bit vulgar and if their fans would've caught one of our players doing it, I would've just nodded and smiled touche'. So I say if I can dish it, I better be able to take it.

Also I'd rather my child hear Booger Eater than have them memorize a chant - Hotty Toddy...... Flim Flam, Bim Bam Ole Miss by D@#*. I'd like to think that Booger Eater is the lesser of the two evils.

Pigs in Zen:

--- End quote ---

Donít break that index finger from wagging it so hard.

Itís Ole Miss. A fetid, arrogant, player buying program that has earned all the negativity that comes to them.

Hogville vs your sanctimonious post. ☝🏼

GoHogs1091:

--- Quote from: Wardhog85 on June 10, 2019, 11:31:27 am ---I 100% agree with you. I've been, and I have absolutely no idea what the hype is about.

--- End quote ---

Well, they still have William Faulkner they can promote.

I still don't know why someone would win a Pulitzer Prize and a Nobel Prize when that person's (Faulkner's) writing contains grammatically incorrect mile-long run-on one sentence "paragraphs." 

Muleriderhog:

Dude a kid ate a booger on national television... any high school, college or MLB teams fan base would chant "booger eater" if that happened to the team they are playing.

Ironhawg:

--- Quote from: ricepig on June 10, 2019, 11:18:43 am ---Feed em fish heads.....

--- End quote ---

This.

cypress rock:

Ole Miss team is a very arrogant group of athletes.

I hope we humble them today!

Bogghawg:

--- Quote from: Grizzlyfan on June 10, 2019, 11:37:47 am ---If a man builds a thousand bridges and eats one booger, they don't call him a bridge-builder....they call him a booger eater.

--- End quote ---
That is profound.  I might change my tag line.

MissippHog:

I've spent the majority of my life in Mississippi.....trust me when I say there is absolutely nothing wrong with calling that kid a booger-eater.  I promise they have called you worse.

HUNGRYHAWG:

There was this lady on the front row down the 3rd baseline shouting what do you put on your booger.  High comedy.

moses_007:

--- Quote from: HUNGRYHAWG on June 10, 2019, 12:17:08 pm ---There was lady on the front row down the 3rd baseline shouting what do you put on your booger.  High comedy.

--- End quote ---
Mustard or mayo?

HUNGRYHAWG:

--- Quote from: moses_007 on June 10, 2019, 12:23:04 pm ---Mustard or mayo?

--- End quote ---

Had to be Dijon since he made it look like a gourmet booger. 

ricepig:

--- Quote from: cypress rock on June 10, 2019, 12:02:06 pm ---Ole Miss team is a very arrogant group of athletes.

I hope we humble them today!

--- End quote ---

Olredneck was 0-4 and heíd hit a fly ball to the outfield and then just slowly strut back to the dugout like heíd done something.

razortrack:

Butt hurt over this?!!!  Wasnít this the school that pimped out itís volleyball team to recruits?

SPAL:

I don't think we lost because someone shouted booger eater.

We lost because we didn't pitch well, field well, or hit well.

Iwastherein1969:

Ole Miss, STILL the ONLY team in the SEC besides Vandy and Kentucky (but who's counting them) to never make the SEC Championship game in football. The closest they ever got to playing for the SEC Championship was this....all they had to do was stop a 4th and 25 in OT but then, a lightning bolt with the numbers #3 and #84 hit them right in the nad sack. Still the most cruel loss ever in the SEC....absolutely the UNKINDEST CUT ever...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT7vefcy6LY

Hog in Iowa:

I don't care how our fans try to justify the name calling... it was pretty classless and hope it stops.

SPAL:

--- Quote from: Hog in Iowa on June 10, 2019, 12:36:37 pm ---I don't care how our fans try to justify the name calling... it was pretty classless and hope it stops.

--- End quote ---

Maybe college athletic events aren't for you.

GoHogs1091:

All that is needed to be known about Ole Miss.

They hired Houston Nutt after we fired him (yes, it was made to look like a resignation, but we actually fired Nutt).  They ended up having to fire Nutt.

UCA pushed around their football team for 80% of the game in 2012.

They lost to Jack Crowe in 2010, a coach that we fired.

Peyton Manning chose to go to Tennessee instead of Ole Miss.

Yep, looks like Ole Miss is "top-notch." 

DeltaHog66:

--- End quote ---

LOL   :puke:   

Hog in Iowa:

--- Quote from: SPAL on June 10, 2019, 12:38:39 pm ---Maybe college athletic events aren't for you.

--- End quote ---

College athletics are just fine for me.  I just don't think one has to behave like an A$$ to enjoy them.  Perhaps you think differently, which is your choice.

nate1283:

Are we being baseball fans if we don't razz the other team?  For Pete's sake...we aren't at the opera. 

010HogFan:

LOL @ this thread. Give em hell.

moses_007:

--- Quote from: Hog in Iowa on June 10, 2019, 12:58:52 pm ---College athletics are just fine for me.  I just don't think one has to behave like an A$$ to enjoy them.  Perhaps you think differently, which is your choice.

--- End quote ---
Imagine how many more idiots will be making fools out of themselves once alcohol becomes available at our games.

ricepig:

--- Quote from: nate1283 on June 10, 2019, 01:12:40 pm ---Are we being baseball fans if we don't razz the other team?  For Pete's sake...we aren't at the opera. 

--- End quote ---

The bullpen catcher and bullpen coach were both smiling, trying to keep from laughing as he made his way to the dugout right before the game, it was all in fun, but we wanted any advantage we could get, we earned it by being a national seed.

jdlew:

I didn't think the booger eater thing was cool at all...Plus why throw  fuel on the fire...If I'm   a player and they are being personal with me.. it's just give me a little more fire...But it's done and it's your OK with yourself...then I guess all is good..

1highhog:

--- Quote from: Hog in Iowa on June 10, 2019, 12:58:52 pm ---College athletics are just fine for me.  I just don't think one has to behave like an A$$ to enjoy them.  Perhaps you think differently, which is your choice.

--- End quote ---

Baseball is not a tennis match or a golf course during a game where you're supposed to be quiet.  It's supposed to be loud, like football, basketball, when your team is at bat, be quiet, when the other team is up, be as loud and raucous as can be.  When you are playing a hated rival, even more so.

PS. And I don't get the being quiet even at golf or at tennis, John Daly agrees.

nate1283:

--- Quote from: jdlew on June 10, 2019, 01:21:11 pm ---I didn't think the booger eater thing was cool at all...Plus why throw  fuel on the fire...If I'm   a player and they are being personal with me.. it's just give me a little more fire...But it's done and it's your OK with yourself...then I guess all is good..

--- End quote ---

All of you that are upset about this probably hated this scene in this movie too.....//www.youtube.com/watch?v=usE6bHm0QSo

Razorback7281:

--- Quote from: ricepig on June 10, 2019, 01:15:23 pm ---The bullpen catcher and bullpen coach were both smiling, trying to keep from laughing as he made his way to the dugout right before the game, it was all in fun, but we wanted any advantage we could get, we earned it by being a national seed.

--- End quote ---
Booger boy will catch 10 times the hell from his own teammates and friends.  I guarantee you they have been relentlessly cracking jokes about it.  Wonder what the fine is for eating a booger in kangaroo court?

3kgthog:

There's a big difference between being courteous to fans of a small baseball program like CenConn and being courteous to fans of Ole Miss. Those Connecticut folks may never experience our state or fanbase again. They probably didn't know much about Arkansas to begin with. They'll now spread the good word.

Who cares what Ole Miss fans say about us? They've been here. They know the drill as an SEC opponent. It's not like we were torching Tiger Tail vans or giving them Houston Nutt again.

hoglady:

It's funny - I've laughed so hard talking to folks about that "booger eating" - I've had tears rolling down my face.

The kid might have been embarrassed - I don't know.
But odds are he caught plenty of one on one ribbing from teammates, friends and coaches before entering the ball park.
And was prepared for the ribbing he'd get from the Arkansas fans.

No reason to take any of it too seriously.

BroyledNutts:

Let me tell you limp wristed Sallies of a conversation I just had a few minutes ago ... This is a great place for it.

I just left Chik-fil-A on 6th street after talking with a group of folks from Birmingham Alabama, and a group of about 9 guys from Oxford. They were talking about the Auburn score, celebrating the fact that Auburn was running away with it. One of the Ole Miss guys said I should expect the same from the today - which I giggled at ... I asked the folks from Birmingham why they would drive all the way from Alabama to cheer for the Rebs, thinking they were alumni or something ... The answer was an epiphany ... "Because they're SEC", was the reply. When I pointed out that the Hogs were SEC as well, the reply was also an epiphany; "You guys may be in the conference, but you're not SEC."

Don't point your finger at me and tell me "Poo poo, you're a bad fan for being mean."

They don't like you; they don't want you here. This whole conference can kiss my Razorback a**.

I've run out of cheeks to turn.

redeye:

I think I agree with the gist here, but the "booger eater" chants didn't bother me one bit.  That's just a part of sports and it's all in good nature.  Nikhazy handled it well, so good for him.  He's probably a better man for it, and at the very least, hopefully he's learned not to eat boogers on national TV again.

If karma had anything to do with it, then Ole Miss would have lost.  We lost because we didn't play as well and that's all there is to it.

hoglady:

--- Quote from: redeye on June 10, 2019, 01:45:02 pm ---I think I agree with the gist here, but the "booger eater" chants didn't bother me one bit.  That's just a part of sports and it's all in good nature.  Nikhazy handled it well, so good for him.  He's probably a better man for it, and at the very least, hopefully he's learned not to eat boogers on national TV again.

If karma had anything to do with it, then Ole Miss would have lost.  We lost because we didn't play as well and that's all there is to it.

--- End quote ---

Alright - you've made me start laughing so hard I have tears again.
Who in the world could have imagined we'd be talking about a pitcher "learning not to eat boogers on national TV" in a college baseball thread.

Something's wrong with anyone who can't find at least some humor in that.

Muleriderhog:

--- Quote from: Hog in Iowa on June 10, 2019, 12:36:37 pm ---I don't care how our fans try to justify the name calling... it was pretty classless and hope it stops.

--- End quote ---
I heard 1000x worse when I umped t ball games when I was 16. You just shouldn't go to sporting events if calling a booger eater a booger eater bothers you. It isnt classless lol.

redeye:

--- Quote from: hoglady on June 10, 2019, 02:03:05 pm ---Alright - you've made me start laughing so hard I have tears again.
Who in the world could have imagined we'd be talking about a pitcher "learning not to eat boogers on national TV" in a college baseball thread.

Something's wrong with anyone who can't find at least some humor in that.

--- End quote ---

And here I am ashamed that I added "on national TV".

Nikhazy, don't eat boogers anytime, period!

98hogs:

The Ole Miss Player ate a booger on national tv !  SICK !  I mean roll it up and flip it but the dude ATE IT !  Deserves everything he got.  Our pitching got us in trouble  not a booger.

SquidBiily:

For the most part it was good natured ribbing.  He did something I am sure he wish he hadn't in hindsight and caught a whole bunch of grief for it.  He's no worse off for the heckling. 

I remember a football game in Auburn where some of their fans actually cheered one of our guys getting hurt.  And a football game in Vandy where their baseball coach was in the stands threatening to fight an old guy in Razorback gear two rows in front of us.  That's classless.

Donnie Baker:

--- End quote ---

Careful...I got a 24 hour ban for saying this yesterday

Grizzlyfan:

--- Quote from: Donnie Baker on June 10, 2019, 03:58:47 pm ---Careful...I got a 24 hour ban for saying this yesterday

--- End quote ---
Exactly how was that different than the hell the Hog Pen crew gives opposing outfielders every game?

Donnie Baker:

--- Quote from: Grizzlyfan on June 10, 2019, 04:51:22 pm ---Exactly how was that different than the hell the Hog Pen crew gives opposing outfielders every game?

--- End quote ---
Probably no worse. It just seemed more personal and public. You can't hear those taunts in the outfield on TV. But Booger Eater chant came through loud and clear over ESPN broadcast. Commentators never acknowledged it, but you could hear it...and see grown men laughing on national TV while saying it to an 18 year old. Just looked and sounded bush league.

Pages: (1/2) > >>

Go to full version