RB Sports Discussion > SEC Sports

Kumar Rocker..........Vandy pitcher

(1/1)

Ghost Writer in the Sty:
Kumar Rocker on the mound right now for Vandy is the son of former Razorback assistant football coach Tracy Rocker, who coached under Nutt.

Pudgepork:
Yeah.  Odd to think of him as a baseball pitcher when his dad was a hugely talented defensive lineman.   Rocker is a very talented pitcher.   I would rather he be in a mlb uniform these days

sickboy:
Dudeís pitching a gem tonight.

SugarHillGaHog:
Duke pitcher with a thumb bleeding.  That's a tough place to get it to stop.

Franchise_Hog:
16 strikeouts and no-hitter thru 8

ASUHog:
Will he come out for the 9th?  Lots of pitches.

Franchise_Hog:
Kid just threw a no-hitter with 19 strikeouts.

porkchopsdontfloat:
Finished the no hitter. 19ks. Unbelievable.

ASUHog:
He did it. Kids a stud. Threw 130 pitches.

hoglady:

--- Quote from: Pudgepork on June 08, 2019, 10:19:10 pm ---Yeah.  Odd to think of him as a baseball pitcher when his dad was a hugely talented defensive lineman.   Rocker is a very talented pitcher.   I would rather he be in a mlb uniform these days

--- End quote ---

He looks like he could play a little football.
But looks like he's got a bright baseball future.

SugarHillGaHog:

--- Quote from: hoglady on June 08, 2019, 11:08:15 pm ---He looks like he could play a little football.
But looks like he's got a bright baseball future.

--- End quote ---

Yep.  It's the best part of watching these games.  You see kids you haven't had a chance to hear about.  It's fun.  Women's track was that way with that sprinter from LSU.  I think she set a college record.  It's just simply fun to forget about your allegiance for a bit and see young people stepping up.

BroyledNutts:

--- Quote from: SugarHillGaHog on June 08, 2019, 11:14:53 pm ---Yep.  It's the best part of watching these games.  You see kids you haven't had a chance to hear about.  It's fun.  Women's track was that way with that sprinter from LSU.  I think she set a college record.  It's just simply fun to forget about your allegiance for a bit and see young people stepping up.

--- End quote ---

You guys do realize Rocker threw 7 against us in game 2 of our series with Vandy ... He's not unheard of by any means ...

Pigonometry:
Maybe the most dominant pitching performance I have ever seen.

Wow.

SugarHillGaHog:

--- Quote from: BroyledNutts on June 08, 2019, 11:17:49 pm ---You guys do realize Rocker threw 7 against us in game 2 of our series with Vandy ... He's not unheard of by any means ...

--- End quote ---

I understand.  Some of us can't catch every meet or game.  I personally hadn't heard of him or Sha'Carri Richardson.  I enjoyed watching them.

rightdp:

--- Quote from: BroyledNutts on June 08, 2019, 11:17:49 pm ---You guys do realize Rocker threw 7 against us in game 2 of our series with Vandy ... He's not unheard of by any means ...

--- End quote ---

Exactly.  He was pretty dominant against us too.  Only allowed 4 hits and struck us out 7 times in those 7 innings.  Vandy won that game 12-2.    Itís not going to be fun having to face him for the next two years.

311Hog:
wow so an almost first time ever no hitter and then this kid actually does it

Pig in the Pokey:

--- Quote from: Franchise_Hog on June 08, 2019, 11:04:20 pm ---Kid just threw a no-hitter with 19 strikeouts.

--- End quote ---
They look like they are going to win it all. I hate to say it.

pigachu:

--- Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 09, 2019, 12:09:10 am ---They look like they are going to win it all. I hate to say it.

--- End quote ---

Funny you didnít post this yesterday when they were getting blown out 18-5

hawg1221:
He pitched well, BUT they should have been less aggressive on their swings.

onebadrubi:

--- Quote from: pigachu on June 09, 2019, 01:40:18 am ---Funny you didnít post this yesterday when they were getting blown out 18-5

--- End quote ---

That wouldnít be bandwaggon then

OS2 (SW) Razor Back:
Impressive.

King Kong:
I was pissed. We need Duke to win. I donít want Vandy in Omaha

Amityvillehogger:
His curveball was electric. Follow that up with 92-95.

Amazing performance.

Loved his reaction to striking their guy out after Dukes HC called the timeout to try to get him out of his rhythm.

#1 STUNNA:

--- Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 09, 2019, 12:09:10 am ---They look like they are going to win it all. I hate to say it.

--- End quote ---
you must not have watched friday nights game.. lol

micali:
Maybe he didnt save his best for when it really counts and sucks during the CWS when we face them.

vandybuff:
Good luck today ... and thanks for the kind words re:  Rocker.

HogsonHicks:

--- End quote ---

Comical overreaction. Vandy is clearly very good as the #2 overall seed, but theyíre in a battle in their own Super.

rinds:

--- Quote from: King Kong on June 09, 2019, 07:39:10 am ---I was pissed. We need Duke to win. I donít want Vandy in Omaha

--- End quote ---

I am not afraid of Vandy. I want as many SEC team in Omaha as can go. We beat them there. I want to play the best beat the best.

Hogarusa:
Amazing performance by the freshman, a no hitter on a team coming off an 18 run performance. His pitches were nasty. I will be rooting for Duke to rebound and pull off the upset today.

King Kong:

--- Quote from: rinds on June 09, 2019, 10:19:50 am ---I am not afraid of Vandy. I want as many SEC team in Omaha as can go. We beat them there. I want to play the best beat the best.

--- End quote ---

I want to win a National Championship. Who we beat and if they are considered the best means nothing to me

If we only team ranked in the top 6 Iíll feel much better about that

jjdlc:
Didn't he nearly blind Duke's center fielder in the first inning?  Otherwise, a great game.

onebadrubi:

--- Quote from: jjdlc on June 09, 2019, 01:41:44 pm ---Didn't he nearly blind Duke's center fielder in the first inning?  Otherwise, a great game.

--- End quote ---

He did.  Btw I havenít heard an update on that guy

Hogarusa:
His performance even more impressive after seeing the 2 freshmen today in Fayetteville. Thats a lot of pressure for young guys.

hoglady:

--- Quote from: onebadrubi on June 09, 2019, 01:45:46 pm ---He did.  Btw I haven’t heard an update on that guy

--- End quote ---

I heard today he was back in the dugout before that game finished - he went for tests, CT Scan and it seems everything checked out OK.

Occams Razorback:
Reminded me a bit of Dwight Gooden

jjdlc:

--- Quote from: hoglady on June 09, 2019, 06:47:28 pm ---I heard today he was back in the dugout before that game finished - he went for tests, CT Scan and it seems everything checked out OK.

--- End quote ---

Good to  hear, I was watching that, and that was a scary moment for that kid from Duke.

vandybuff:
it was a very frightening moment.  i am very thankful he was not more severely injured. 

jbcarol:
https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Article/Tennessee-Vols-Baseball-Why-Kumar-Rocker-plays-for-Vanderbilt-not-Tennessee-133215047

Committed young man

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version
Mobile View