• 10,302,571 Posts
• 408,276 Topics
• 23,336 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Che Evans told me he won't make scheduled visit to UA this wknd ...  (Read 3488 times)

Kevin McPherson

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net

* Per source, '20 Arkansas offer Che Evans @CevansJr10 (6-6 CF, 17U Team Melo on Nike EYBL circuit, Nat'l Top 100 / 4-star) will reschedule his planned visit to Arkansas for a later date and will not be in Fayetteville this wknd ... stay tuned!

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/1136395723350695937

* '20 Arkansas offer and Nat'l Top 100 / 4-star Che Evans @CevansJr10  has confirmed with me that he indeed will look to reschedule an Arkansas visit at a later date ... was set to be in Fayetteville this weekend (June 8-9) ...

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/1136397400443105280

cardinalhawg

Re: Che Evans told me he won't make scheduled visit to UA this wknd ...
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 08:13:54 pm »

I noticed that his ranking dropped/others moving up in rankings on 247.  He dropped to #168.

I am definitely curious on the situation.  I wonder if Muss and staff will just go hard, tooth, and nail after the likes of Moody, Thompson, Walker, and Terry who all fit within that similar height and position possibilities.  Then there are also guys like Burnett and Peavy who they may go after hard.  Then there is the similar height guy in Moore who is more of an inside guy along with Williams.  I will be curious as to whether Muss and staff will just be patient with a pecking order and if they strike out or don't fill certain slots, then move on to other guys or will be confident to wait until the spring and either still be in the running for certain guys or hit the grad and transfer market hard again.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Razorod

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 09:18:48 pm »

I noticed that his ranking dropped/others moving up in rankings on 247.  He dropped to #168.

I am definitely curious on the situation.  I wonder if Muss and staff will just go hard, tooth, and nail after the likes of Moody, Thompson, Walker, and Terry who all fit within that similar height and position possibilities.  Then there are also guys like Burnett and Peavy who they may go after hard.  Then there is the similar height guy in Moore who is more of an inside guy along with Williams.  I will be curious as to whether Muss and staff will just be patient with a pecking order and if they strike out or don't fill certain slots, then move on to other guys or will be confident to wait until the spring and either still be in the running for certain guys or hit the grad and transfer market hard again.
I noticed the same thing, but was thinking he might have been injured a bit, which caused the drop.

hogwood

• Just Chillin' Like A Villain
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 12:33:17 pm »

Hate when kids don't make their visits. Looks flakey on their part but I know it's not all in their control. Always seems that at the end of the recruiting cycle something is revealed that explains it all.

Boared Out Of My Mind

• Varsity
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2019, 03:20:01 pm »

As Ariana Grande said, "Thank u, next!"

navyhog24

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2019, 03:44:33 pm »

This is why I don't get caught up too much in basketball recruiting until they actually make their official visits. That's how you know if they're truly interested verses blowing smoke up your arse.

cardinalhawg

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2019, 12:00:36 am »

According to Adam Zagoria on Twitter, Che Evans will take an official visit to San Diego State on June 28-30 and will visit Arkansas in early August.

Kevin McPherson

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2019, 08:30:15 am »

According to Adam Zagoria on Twitter, Che Evans will take an official visit to San Diego State on June 28-30 and will visit Arkansas in early August.

If it happens at all.

Hawg Red

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2019, 09:09:25 am »

*marks Che Evans off the list*

batmanfan

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2019, 09:58:24 am »

I have a hunch Evans is more interested in Arkansas than we are in him.

FineAsSwine

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2019, 12:13:41 pm »

I have a hunch Evans is more interested in Arkansas than we are in him.

Why would we offer and then lose interest so quickly? If true.

Hawg Red

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2019, 01:21:08 pm »

Not all offers are created equal.

SRV

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2019, 09:01:30 pm »

I've done that before.

UnknownNobody

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2019, 09:31:40 pm »

If it happens at all.

Ahhhh....well...tell us the whole story when ya can.

Cavosea1

nwahogfan1

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2019, 06:38:11 am »

Maybe hurt? Maybe not showing great work habits this summer and others passing him up? Maybe classroom grades need improvement?

I bet their is concern by our coaches to take a step back to reevaluate him further!

Kevin McPherson

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2019, 01:44:31 pm »

* UPDATES: Two highly regarded Arkansas offers -- '20 Che Evans @CevansJr10 (6-6 wing from Maryland) & '21 Kennedy Chandler @KChandler_1 (6-0 PG from Memphis, Nat'l No. 28) -- will now look to visit UA in Aug after initally looking to take early-to-mid-June visits to Fayetteville.

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/1139241199380893697

FineAsSwine

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2019, 02:33:31 pm »

* UPDATES: Two highly regarded Arkansas offers -- '20 Che Evans @CevansJr10 (6-6 wing from Maryland) & '21 Kennedy Chandler @KChandler_1 (6-0 PG from Memphis, Nat'l No. 28) -- will now look to visit UA in Aug after initally looking to take early-to-mid-June visits to Fayetteville.

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/1139241199380893697

Ok, that clears some of the smoke. So tired of folks dissing kids when they don't jump on board out the gate. Recruiting takes time.

247Hog

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2019, 06:59:48 pm »

Ok, that clears some of the smoke. So tired of folks dissing kids when they don't jump on board out the gate. Recruiting takes time.

Well said. Way to many fans with zero patience.

UnknownNobody

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2019, 07:20:45 pm »

What "those" people do not get is when a prospect takes his time and his visits they are making those other schools spend time and resources to get his commitment and it often raises his stature in the recruiting rankings so when they eventually commit to Arkansas we get a highly rated recruit and our competetion has wasted time and resources.

Some coaches encourage prospects who are "silent commits" to do this just for that reason.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas