• 10,335,439 Posts
• 409,103 Topics
• 23,366 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nebraska Opening  (Read 5344 times)

tusked

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Clapton is god....but SRV was the big bang!
Re: Nebraska Opening
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2019, 10:04:00 am »

If I was Thompson I'd wait for a southern job.  Bama is struggling and will make another move in two to three years.  Also South Carolina has struggled with their coaches since the guy that won the NC stopped coaching.  I know they just got a new one but stranger things have happened.

Vitello has turned TN around so quick don't be surprised if someday he's not coaching at LSU or MSU or another SEC powerhouse.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2019, 05:08:54 pm »

I met a former Aggie Baseball player today. Talked with him for an hour or more. Him and a lot of Aggies have no problem if their coach were to leave.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

HognitiveDissonance

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2019, 02:57:39 pm »

I met a former Aggie Baseball player today. Talked with him for an hour or more. Him and a lot of Aggies have no problem if their coach were to leave.
Don't doubt that at all, but I take what players say with a tremendous grain of salt.
After all, if speaking to Jackson Rutledge or his dad, I'm sure they would have gotten rid of Van Horn and Rutledge hang around.

Julie Maxine

• Band Nerd
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2019, 03:45:44 pm »

Some (probably many) radio personalities in Omaha are drooling for Childress. He owns land in the state, I have read.  Also mentioning Pat Casey. I guess when he retired, he said he may want to coach again.

CJ HOG

« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2019, 05:08:07 pm »

Some (probably many) radio personalities in Omaha are drooling for Childress. He owns land in the state, I have read.  Also mentioning Pat Casey. I guess when he retired, he said he may want to coach again.
I heard somewhere that Pat Casey has some sort of contractual clause with Oregon St. that allows him to be the head coach once again should he want the job in the future.  I only recall because I thought it very interesting at the time.

PorkRyan

« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2019, 06:12:16 pm »

I heard somewhere that Pat Casey has some sort of contractual clause with Oregon St. that allows him to be the head coach once again should he want the job in the future.  I only recall because I thought it very interesting at the time.

Casey has a clause but it a June 1st expiration. OSU agreed to extend that date until the Beavers lost.  After the regional loss, Casey said no.

CJ HOG

« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2019, 06:25:56 pm »

Casey has a clause but it a June 1st expiration. OSU agreed to extend that date until the Beavers lost.  After the regional loss, Casey said no.

Thanks for the additional details. That makes more sense I suppose. It seemed like it would've been a difficult position to fill, if you had the former coach looming to take back his job at some point down the road. The talking heads left out the relevant details when I heard it being discussed.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2019, 08:56:35 am »

Don't doubt that at all, but I take what players say with a tremendous grain of salt.
After all, if speaking to Jackson Rutledge or his dad, I'm sure they would have gotten rid of Van Horn and Rutledge hang around.

The guy I met played way before their current coach was hired. As a matter of fact he was recruited late by Norm since he lived in Arkansas at the time and Norm heard he was being recruited by other SWC teams as he was born in Texas and raised as a toddler there until moving to Arkansas. He had already made connections with the Aggie coach at the time and basically told Norm he was to late.

ucahogfan

« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2019, 06:47:12 am »

Someone asked Kendall Rogers on Twitter if Will Bolt was going to most likely be the guy at Nebraska.  Here is how Kendall replied:

I said in today’s buzz piece that I’ve heard Will’s name all week. That’s my expectation.

I always thought that Will Bolt was going to wind up being their hire since he is a Husker legend.

dotnet

« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2019, 07:05:42 am »

Someone asked Kendall Rogers on Twitter if Will Bolt was going to most likely be the guy at Nebraska.  Here is how Kendall replied:

I said in today’s buzz piece that I’ve heard Will’s name all week. That’s my expectation.

I always thought that Will Bolt was going to wind up being their hire since he is a Husker legend.

A&M people are happier than Arkansas fans when Todd butler got his second chance.

JHicks3636

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Razorback forever

ucahogfan

« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2019, 06:08:40 pm »

A&M people are happier than Arkansas fans when Todd butler got his second chance.
Their offense was very, very bad this year and he was in charge of it.  Like, it was worse than our 2013 offense which hit .260 as a team during the dead bat and dead ball era.

ucahogfan

« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2019, 06:10:53 pm »

Kendall Rogers' story on D1 Baseball with quotes from his most recent boss Rob Childress and his college coach DVH:

https://d1baseball.com/coaching-buzz/nebraskahiresbolt/

AlmaHog2011

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2019, 08:59:41 pm »

TAMU is a good job.  I don't think anyone with sense would put it above Arkansas though.  Our facilities are second to none.  Our tradition is pretty salty, especially recent history.  We are paying elite money to our head coach and paying for the assistants he wants.  This is a case where that hand-off (hopefully many years from now!) has to go well.  We can't miss on that hire.  If we continue the success with DVH and follow him with an absolute stud, we have the ability to put ourselves among the elite historically.  Just need a few natties!

I do not understand why A&M is somehow going to be above Arkansas? We are right now rising to the very top of College Baseball.

(notOM)Rebel123

« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2019, 10:50:45 pm »

Hush Shut yo mouth!

“But I'm talkin' about Shaft (Then we can dig it)”

Sorry....couldn’t resist.😉

Rambo Hog

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2019, 04:12:08 pm »

Everything that I hear is that Bolt was on his way out as being the hitting coach. People over there were almost celebrating getting that guy out of A&M.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas