RB Sports Discussion > SEC Sports

Javon Franklin commits to Auburn

(1/1)

Hawg Red:
I know Musselman never recruited him, but looks like we’ll be seeing him every year for the next 3 years. Wished he could have ended up a Hog but it wasn’t meant to be.

raz1965:
Anderson backed off him an Muss didn't recruit him that we were made aware of,  Auburn shows up, that's a red flag to me

Hawg Red:

--- Quote from: raz1965 on June 02, 2019, 08:59:10 am ---Anderson backed off him an Muss didn't recruit him that we were made aware of,  Auburn shows up, that's a red flag to me

--- End quote ---

I wouldn't read too much into it. Anderson backed off because he was feeling the heat and needed guys that could contribute right away, and Franklin seemed to be behind in his rehab. With Musselman, you can see how he wouldn't be interested from a skillset standpoint. Auburn seems like a logical destination due to the Flanigan connection.

mhuff:

--- Quote from: Hawg Red on June 02, 2019, 09:26:11 am ---I wouldn't read too much into it. Anderson backed off because he was feeling the heat and needed guys that could contribute right away, and Franklin seemed to be behind in his rehab. With Musselman, you can see how he wouldn't be interested from a skillset standpoint. Auburn seems like a logical destination due to the Flanigan connection.

--- End quote ---

daprospecta:
This one stings. I was hoping he would be a HOG for a few years now.  I really hope this doesn't end up like most in state recruits that leave and go to the SEC.

Pig in the Pokey:
Not enough schollies for a juco 2-3* pure slasher. His game isnt well rounded enough imo.

nwahogfan1:
I think Franklin is probable a better player than Bailey but would he be in our top 8?  How much PT could we give him?  How much PT can he get at Auburn?  He is a 6'5 PF.  If he wants to play 30 mpg and not less than 15 mpg then he probable needed to go mid major.

Foshodo:
shame. i wish this could have worked out. i wish him personal but not team success.

hawg66:
He plays much bigger than 6’5”. I wish him well. Not AU though lol

HawgDyL:

--- Quote from: daprospecta on June 03, 2019, 09:41:05 am ---This one stings. I was hoping he would be a HOG for a few years now.  I really hope this doesn't end up like most in state recruits that leave and go to the SEC.

--- End quote ---

Exactly Daprosecta,
 Javon's the most explosive prospect we've let getaway this decade...

Thinkin' we'll regret it too

ballinhog:
This sucks, really wanted him to be a hog. He’s better than many of our interior players. He’d be the most explosive player on our roster this coming season if we would’ve taken him. He prolly woulda led the team in rebounding, definitely woulda led the team in dunks, and offensive put backs, and maybe even steals and blocks.

I think people put too much stock in his offensive skill set, and assume he’s another Bailey type player. Imo they’re not even close. Javon is one of the most explosive players to ever come out of this state, he plays hard, he’s very active around the rim. Shows up constantly, the dude is everywhere on the court. I wish him well at Auburn, just not when he plays us. 

Deeznutts:
Nobody cares

Muleriderhog:

--- Quote from: HawgDyL on June 03, 2019, 03:54:59 pm ---Exactly Daprosecta,
 Javon's the most explosive prospect we've let getaway this decade...

Thinkin' we'll regret it too

--- End quote ---
No hes not lol. He wont play at Auburn, dude isnt even ranked on 247, and he was like a 2* out of high school. We will be fine, we are on much bigger fish. Also, you think hes more explosive than Qualls? Lol.

Hawg Red:

--- Quote from: Muleriderhog on June 10, 2019, 08:05:57 am ---No hes not lol. He wont play at Auburn, dude isnt even ranked on 247, and he was like a 2* out of high school. We will be fine, we are on much bigger fish. Also, you think hes more explosive than Qualls? Lol.

--- End quote ---

Absolutely not laughable to say he's as or maybe even more explosive than Michael Qualls when he's at full strength. He was an absolute athletic freak before his injury. Qualls was a better basketball player, though.

Muleriderhog:

--- Quote from: Hawg Red on June 10, 2019, 08:22:32 am ---Absolutely not laughable to say he's as or maybe even more explosive than Michael Qualls when he's at full strength. He was an absolute athletic freak before his injury. Qualls was a better basketball player, though.

--- End quote ---
You are wayyyyyyyyyyy over estimating this kids ability. I doubt he ever sees the floor at Auburn.

Hawg Red:

--- Quote from: Muleriderhog on June 10, 2019, 11:58:08 am ---You are wayyyyyyyyyyy over estimating this kids ability. I doubt he ever sees the floor at Auburn.

--- End quote ---

No clue how much he plays at AU, but for a fact, he was an explosive of an athlete as you could find before his injury. Obviously his skillset as a basketball player was/is lacking, but I’d put him up there with Qualls in explosiveness.

mhuff:
The key words that keep getting repeated “Before his injury.”

Hawg Red:

--- Quote from: mhuff on June 10, 2019, 12:44:21 pm ---The key words that keep getting repeated “Before his injury.”

--- End quote ---

Yep.

We really have no clue what his explosion looks like post-injury. Not even sure where he is in his recovery. But we do see players retain their explosion after injuries all the time now with the advances in medicine and therapy. We do know that, seemingly, his rehab progress was enough to prompt Anderson to move in another direction. That could not actually be the case but that is the impression I was left with.

daprospecta:

--- Quote from: Muleriderhog on June 10, 2019, 08:05:57 am ---No hes not lol. He wont play at Auburn, dude isnt even ranked on 247, and he was like a 2* out of high school. We will be fine, we are on much bigger fish. Also, you think hes more explosive than Qualls? Lol.

--- End quote ---
I seen him at Parkview. He is a natural leaper and "before the injury", he was more athletic than Qualls. Qualls had hops but he had to wind up so to speak to get up there, Javon didn't need much wind up to be above the rim. Think Dewayne Wade athleticism before his injuries.

HawgDyL:

--- Quote from: daprospecta on June 10, 2019, 03:37:50 pm ---I seen him at Parkview. He is a natural leaper and "before the injury", he was more athletic than Qualls. Qualls had hops but he had to wind up so to speak to get up there, Javon didn't need much wind up to be above the rim. Think Dewayne Wade athleticism before his injuries.

--- End quote ---

And NEVER sleep on young people's ability to recover from injuries...

We'll REGRET him being at AubARN

HawgTide:
He's gone. Time to move on. Mods please delete this thread

draftkings33:

--- Quote from: HawgTide on June 11, 2019, 01:00:38 pm ---He's gone. Time to move on. Mods please delete this thread

--- End quote ---
Oh no he wants the thread deleted

Hawg Red:

--- Quote from: HawgTide on June 11, 2019, 01:00:38 pm ---He's gone. Time to move on. Mods please delete this thread

--- End quote ---

Delete the thread?

It would be appropriate to move it to the SEC forum at this point, but I felt it there was valid reason to discuss Javon committing since he is a LR boy and was on the Hogs radar for so long.

Luckily you aren’t a mod so go pound sand. This thread can easily be skipped by anyway that isn’t interested in the topic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version
Mobile View