• 10,328,831 Posts
• 408,901 Topics
• 23,358 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SEC released '19-20 conference opponent matchups on Wednesday ...  (Read 1841 times)

Kevin McPherson

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net

* SEC released men's conference opponents for '19-20 season on Wednesday: Arkansas will host games vs. Auburn, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vandy ... road games: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, LSU, Ole Miss, MSSt, Mizzou, TN, TA&M

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/1133843437537644547

* This means that in addition to the Hoop Hogs' annual home-and-away series against Texas A&M, Missouri, and LSU, for '19-20 they'll also rotate in home-and-away against Tennessee and Mississippi State ...

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/1133843854568960002

* SEC has been among the best leagues in CBB over past 2-3 seasons, & '19-20 will be more of the same as Head Hog Eric Musselman @EricPMusselman navigates his 1st league slate ... OOC road games vs. Indiana, Georgia Tech, Western Kentucky, plus SEC/Big 12 Challenge add to the fun!

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/1133845259002236928

Lud42

Re: SEC released '19-20 conference opponent matchups on Wednesday ...
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 04:30:59 pm »

Tough schedule for sure.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

checkraiser88

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 09:12:36 pm »

Tough schedules are the way to go. Only improves seeding if you're a good team and improves chances of making tournament if a bubble team.

Smithian

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2019, 09:17:09 pm »

That is a brutal schedule. Toughest I can remember in a long time. How did they end up with that many road games? Just trying to stack home non-cons when half the team was first year on campus?

rzrbackramsfan

• All-American Hogvillian
  • "Winners never quit, quitters never win"
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 11:01:21 pm »

Luckily as far as WKU, they’re losing Bassey.  Indiana is losing Langford but they’ll probably be better next year anyways.

cardinalhawg

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2019, 12:19:14 am »

Tough schedule but having Tennessee twice next season is less on paper than this previous season for sure.  I can definitely visualize conference schedules that could be tougher on paper.  I would like to see the Hogs break the losing streak at Florida and against Mississippi State and put those in the win columns.

At Western Kentucky became more challenging with the news that Bassey was withdrawing from the draft.  I know McPherson addressed a question on Twitter earlier in response to a question quoting a tweet from Matt Zimmerman where he was thanking Indiana for agreeing to count the NIT game there as fulfilling the home and away agreement.  Maybe he was joking, but that would seem strange to count a NIT game for that purpose.  Mcpherson responded by saying he had contacted the Arkansas SID office regarding the road game still taking place at Indiana this coming season.  Musselman has also mentioned the Indian road game this coming season.

Hawg Red

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2019, 07:43:08 am »

Ain't scared.

FineAsSwine

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2019, 07:47:08 am »

That is a brutal schedule. Toughest I can remember in a long time. How did they end up with that many road games? Just trying to stack home non-cons when half the team was first year on campus?

As I recall, WKU and GT sucked last year and we shouldn’t have lost to them. We beat Indiana at home and without Gafford we dang near beat them on the road in the NIT. Doesn’t look brutal at all to me.

FineAsSwine

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2019, 07:49:54 am »

Tough schedule but having Tennessee twice next season is less on paper than this previous season for sure.  I can definitely visualize conference schedules that could be tougher on paper.  I would like to see the Hogs break the losing streak at Florida and against Mississippi State and put those in the win columns

Tennessee lost some key players and won’t be the same team next year.

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
    • Missing your favorite thread?  It's probably in Vents and Rumors
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2019, 08:04:51 am »

Luckily as far as WKU, they’re losing Bassey.  Indiana is losing Langford but they’ll probably be better next year anyways.

Bassey staying at WKU

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1133956327313727488

The_Iceman

• Gold Hogvillian
  • The Plaque for Alternates is in the Ladies room.
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2019, 09:10:11 am »

FineAsSwine

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2019, 12:53:53 pm »

Tough schedule for sure.

Not really. SEC won't be as tough this year and the OOC schedule looks to be fairly mild with road games against teams that didn't set the world on fire last year. I think this schedule gives us a really good shot at 26 - 28 wins and a high seed in the tournament which is what I would have expected with the team we have coming back plus the new additions.

Lud42

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2019, 06:19:20 pm »

Not really. SEC won't be as tough this year and the OOC schedule looks to be fairly mild with road games against teams that didn't set the world on fire last year. I think this schedule gives us a really good shot at 26 - 28 wins and a high seed in the tournament which is what I would have expected with the team we have coming back plus the new additions.

Not sure if you are trying to pull my leg or what. You don't really think this schedule sets up for 26+ wins do you?

FineAsSwine

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2019, 07:24:36 pm »

Not sure if you are trying to pull my leg or what. You don't really think this schedule sets up for 26+ wins do you?

Best case scenario,  yes.

Lud42

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2019, 11:04:58 pm »

Best case scenario,  yes.

I won't knock ya for it and I sure hope you're right, but I need to at least see the Red/White game before I would be willing to say much more than 18 to 20 wins with any confidence.

The_Bionic_Pig

• VICTORY IS MINE!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Orlando, Florida
    • My YOUTUBE profile & vids
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2019, 11:42:14 pm »

Indiana's lost a ton of talent  either Graduated, Entered the Portal or turned pro. This will not be the same team.

The_Iceman

• Gold Hogvillian
  • The Plaque for Alternates is in the Ladies room.
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2019, 08:23:34 am »

Indiana's lost a ton of talent  either Graduated, Entered the Portal or turned pro. This will not be the same team.

Starting to think Indiana didnt hire a good fit in Archie Miller.

Hawg Red

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2019, 08:32:30 am »

Extremely tough job. Archie’s a damn good coach but maybe he wasn’t ready for a legacy job like that. Dayton to IU is quite the jump.

Smithian

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2019, 10:31:54 am »

They need to fire Archie and bump my guy Tommy O one seat over on the bench.

Darren DeLoach (semohawg)

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2019, 06:25:47 pm »

Totally unrealistic. This team lost its best player. Best player by a mile, and it's only true inside presence. This was a 19-20 win team if things remained status quo, but with all the changes, it is tough to call. Anything over 22 wins and a tourney should be seen as a giant feat. You continue to make this steep win prediction, and again I ask, would you say that this team gets 26-28 wins if the former staff was here?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas