• 10,398,838 Posts
• 411,027 Topics
• 23,491 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: With 60% or so of wavers being approved  (Read 2616 times)

nwahogfan1

With 60% or so of wavers being approved
« on: May 28, 2019, 03:03:11 pm »

Does that mean CV has a better than average chance of being approved?

I think he has a ailing relative and he is moving much closer?

SSFrazorback

Re: With 60% or so of wavers being approved
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 03:08:48 pm »

And a fired coach. I think he gets the waiver.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
    • Missing your favorite thread?  It's probably in Vents and Rumors
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 03:10:30 pm »

I'd say better than average but obviously not a lock.  I'd feel pretty good about it considering his situation and if 60% are getting approved you would have to think his would lean in that favorable direction.

Also with Muss's focus on guards right now that could be signaling that he feels good about CV's chances of getting approved as well.  Going to be a fun year either way, but much more so if he's cleared to play right away.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 03:30:31 pm »

And a fired coach. I think he gets the waiver.
count me in. i think so too.

Steel panda

• Band Nerd
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2019, 07:15:03 pm »

Getting all excited that would definitely boost next year's team.. pair him with cylla or chaney will be great.. I hope the best for this young man.. I wonder when we will know something? Someone said the committee will meet in june maybe..

Catholic High Hog

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2019, 10:35:15 pm »

He also has a sick grandmother as well. I believe 10 years ago Broderick Green was granted a waiver for that exact same reason. That plus a fired coach I think he should definitely get one.

joeyself

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2019, 03:20:34 pm »

I know it won't factor in, but there was a fired coach on both ends of the deal.  CV might make an argument that Anderson didn't want him...but I can't remember his recruiting at all. 

Did Anderson make an offer on him?

JcS

nwahogfan1

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2019, 08:24:32 pm »

I know it won't factor in, but there was a fired coach on both ends of the deal.  CV might make an argument that Anderson didn't want him...but I can't remember his recruiting at all. 

Did Anderson make an offer on him?
JcS

I think Connor got an offer as a junior but it was lifted as a senior. One or both of them backed off.  Mike was not a big Connor fan and it showed by the lack of excitement in their recruiting of Connor. 

nwahogfan1

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2019, 08:31:04 pm »

I think Connor has a very good chance of getting his waver approved even though I think he needs a R/S year to get bigger.  When he plays He will help with his outside shot of getting the opponents big men outside.  Definitely not a banger but will get some boards. Not a shot blocker but will make shooters alter their shots. 

But Connor can not guard a statue so he must play in a Zone defense.  I know CEM does not like to run Zone but Connor can not in my opinion guard a man on the outside..

Smithian

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2019, 08:35:23 pm »

I think Connor has a very good chance of getting his waver approved even though I think he needs a R/S year to get bigger.  When he plays He will help with his outside shot of getting the opponents big men outside.  Definitely not a banger but will get some boards. Not a shot blocker but will make shooters alter their shots. 

But Connor can not guard a statue so he must play in a Zone defense.  I know CEM does not like to run Zone but Connor can not in my opinion guard a man on the outside..
It is a heck of a lot easier to adjust for a slow footed 5 man in college than NBA. He does offer an advantage of being a possible game changer as a shot block.

Vanover isn't being brought in to to win games with his defense. He is coming in to give more on offense than he loses on defense, and safe bet is he will.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2019, 08:40:16 pm »

It is a heck of a lot easier to adjust for a slow footed 5 man in college than NBA. He does offer an advantage of being a possible game changer as a shot block.

Vanover isn't being brought in to to win games with his defense. He is coming in to give more on offense than he loses on defense, and safe bet is he will.
exactly, he's a rim protector. Tacko wasn't running out on shooters, either.

cardinalhawg

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2019, 11:41:08 pm »

Assuming the reported story of Vanover's grandmother is correct, I would make the appeal for Vanover based on that and add a few more things.  I would mentioned that he was originally committed to Memphis which is nearby, but that they had a coaching change at the end of last season resulting in their new coach and Connor parting ways.  Then, I would add how that led to a later commitment than expected and to a different destination than the original destination.  Then I would add the coaching change at California this year and how that the coaching change at Arkansas opened a door previously not open.  I think those combination of things should work in Vanover's favor to have his waiver approved.

I am one of those not wanting him to sit out and redshirt.  I think he is ready to help next season and believe he will just get better and stronger along the way anyway. 

texas tush hog

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2019, 10:19:27 am »

Assuming the reported story of Vanover's grandmother is correct, I would make the appeal for Vanover based on that and add a few more things.  I would mentioned that he was originally committed to Memphis which is nearby, but that they had a coaching change at the end of last season resulting in their new coach and Connor parting ways.  Then, I would add how that led to a later commitment than expected and to a different destination than the original destination.  Then I would add the coaching change at California this year and how that the coaching change at Arkansas opened a door previously not open.  I think those combination of things should work in Vanover's favor to have his waiver approved.

I am one of those not wanting him to sit out and redshirt.  I think he is ready to help next season and believe he will just get better and stronger along the way anyway. 

He'll get the waiver, bank on it.

1highhog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat.
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2019, 11:46:32 am »

Conner would do better sitting out a year to get more acclimated to CEM's style of play and hopefully get a little bigger weight wise.

hawg66

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2019, 02:09:34 pm »

He'll get the waiver, bank on it.
was beginning to wonder if anyone knew how to actually spell it

ballinhog

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2019, 10:00:42 pm »

If over half the waivers are being approved then I wish JD Notae would apply for one as well. Nothing to lose by applying for one. I believe with his shooting and rebounding being almost equal to Whitt’s, I think Notae would start this year if he were available.

ballinhog

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2019, 10:01:39 pm »

If over half the waivers are being approved then I wish JD Notae would apply for one as well. Nothing to lose by applying for one. I believe with his shooting and rebounding being almost equal to Whitt’s, I think Notae would start this year if he were available.

I meant just his rebounding being almost equal to Whitt, his outside shooting is obviously much better

nwahogfan1

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2019, 02:39:30 pm »

Maybe Notea would start but remember he played in a league that did not have near the talent as Whitt and SMU.  Whitt has really worked on his body and gained strength and muscle weight. He is really long and athletic.  Good pickup. But I do wish he could shoot the 3 ball better though

Adam Stokes

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2019, 08:52:04 am »

What's the general time frame for when the decisions normally come out?

Hawg Red

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2019, 09:01:07 am »

I see where you're coming from, but I think it does make more sense for a younger low-major player to sit out that year for adjustment. It's less of a concern if that player has put in 3 high-level seasons at that level. I think it would do Notae well to get to practice against these SEC-caliber players for a season before he's out there. I'd rather that happen than him struggle most of his junior season and then we only get maybe 1 good year out of him. For Vanover, I know many want him to sit out and put some weight on, but the film I saw from him at Cal showed a serious shooter who performed at a very high level late in the season. He's ready now. Much more unclear with Notae because of his age + the jump in talent level.

nwahogfan1

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2019, 09:59:53 am »

I see where you're coming from, but I think it does make more sense for a younger low-major player to sit out that year for adjustment. It's less of a concern if that player has put in 3 high-level seasons at that level. I think it would do Notae well to get to practice against these SEC-caliber players for a season before he's out there. I'd rather that happen than him struggle most of his junior season and then we only get maybe 1 good year out of him. For Vanover, I know many want him to sit out and put some weight on, but the film I saw from him at Cal showed a serious shooter who performed at a very high level late in the season. He's ready now. Much more unclear with Notae because of his age + the jump in talent level.

Totally agree with you here Red.  With only 8 or 9 guys getting 90% of the PT then why waste a Player year on mop up minutes.  I am a big believer of Red Shirting and developing your bench.   We have 13 on scholarships and with only 8 or 9 getting almost all the meaningful PT so why not Red Shirt a player or two deep on the bench.   If a player did not develop enough on his R/S year then let him transfer.  Nothing hurt.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas