• 10,458,828 Posts
• 412,806 Topics
• 23,606 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Assistant Coach  (Read 4805 times)

psycHOGlogist

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Skepticism is a virtue.
Re: New Assistant Coach
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2019, 06:31:55 pm »

Ok, itís back to being official. CMN is tweeting about it and confirming itís official. WPS!

flippinhogmana

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Nathan J Allison - Brothers to the Bone Books
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2019, 07:48:39 pm »

If you cant have a AA center/post player to recruit off of, the next best thing would be (and perhaps would even be better) to have a former AA post/center as a coach at that position.  I am also sure than Oberg and even Barnum (and the present post players) and langermann will benefit from her coaching.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

jackflash

« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2019, 09:28:08 am »

I  am glad we finally have found a coach. I don't know much about her or if she can  recruit will trust mike on that

hawg1221

« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2019, 06:59:15 pm »

If you cant have a AA center/post player to recruit off of, the next best thing would be (and perhaps would even be better) to have a former AA post/center as a coach at that position.  I am also sure than Oberg and even Barnum (and the present post players) and langermann will benefit from her coaching.

She reminds me of that commitment out of Alabama. Stocky.

jackflash

« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2019, 08:22:05 am »

she knows mike and his system was a hard worker. I agree when post players are coached by her they will get better

nwahogfan1

« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2019, 09:19:34 am »

Welcome Coach Chantel.

How much recruiting experience does Chantel have?   How much floor coaching does she bring?  Or  Was she hired mostly on her personality and friendship with Mike ? 

hawg1221

« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2019, 03:21:30 pm »

She reminds me of that commitment out of Alabama. Stocky.

Destinee McGhee

psycHOGlogist

« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2019, 08:17:54 pm »

Nice article hear from Seattle paper that followed Coach Osahorís transition from WNBA draftee to GA at Drake. Notes that she was involved in all aspects of coaching (except recruiting, which GAís canít do).

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-huskies/what-happened-to-chantel-osahor-when-wnba-cut-her-she-became-a-coach/

That said, she is a former CMN player (and an All-American to boot), a very thoughtful person and player, and has a great story to tell potential recruits about how to be successful on a Neighbors coached team. She did not come in and start from Day 1 - she built and waited out injuries and blossomed. I think she will turn out to be a strong recruiter.

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
    • Missing your favorite thread?  It's probably in Vents and Rumors
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2019, 12:03:39 pm »

I like the hire.  Mike's in a position now with the program making progress that he can take a small risk with an assistant.  I see small risk but high reward.

She's uniquely qualified to coach bigs having played the position.

Although her youth and newness to the coaching side means she doesn't have a broad network per se, she can walk into any recruits home and say I was where you are just a few years ago.  She knows what they face in recruiting, and should be able to relate to them very easily.  I'd say she could build trust and a connection with a recruit quicker than maybe a traditional hire with years of experience.

She can talk first hand about what it was like being coached by MN, how he helped develop her, and how he remained a mentor after her playing days and gave her the opportunity to be a full time D1 assistant. 

BWS

« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2019, 06:37:22 pm »

Osahor might not have much experience now, but she'll be a head coach in the future.

psycHOGlogist

« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2019, 07:45:08 pm »

Osahor might not have much experience now, but she'll be a head coach in the future.

I think I agree with this.

psycHOGlogist

« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2019, 05:22:20 pm »

Nice article here describing the hiring process and the Neighbors-Osahor relationship. Also really liked the video. I think Coach Osahor is really going to be great!

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2019/jul/19/osahor-couldnt-pass-job-neighbors-staff/

BWS

« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2019, 05:39:11 pm »

As I mentioned, I think she'll potentially be a head coach. However, the fact is we replaced our best recruiter with a coach with no recruiting experience. That is a bit concerning with the upcoming recruiting classes.

flippinhogmana

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Nathan J Allison - Brothers to the Bone Books
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2019, 06:39:54 pm »

I like her experience and with that her knowledge.  I also like her apparent confidence in her teaching ability and overall I like her positive outlook.  All those things have a tendency to rub off and inspire.

nwahogfan1

« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2019, 09:13:09 pm »

Nice article here describing the hiring process and the Neighbors-Osahor relationship. Also really liked the video. I think Coach Osahor is really going to be great!

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2019/jul/19/osahor-couldnt-pass-job-neighbors-staff/

This is a pay site.  Any way to read this for those of us who are not members?

psycHOGlogist

« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2019, 09:26:52 pm »

I sent you a DM with some suggestions, nwahogfan1.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas