• 10,306,108 Posts
• 408,350 Topics
• 23,328 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: McPherson: (Update) Chris Crutchfield Named Associate Head Coach for Arkansas  (Read 2002 times)

Jason Carroll

LITTLE ROCK -- The Unviersity of Arkansas on Friday announced the hiring of Oklahoma associate head coach Chris Crutchfield, who has accepted the same position on Eric Musselman's Razorbacks' staff.

Were excited to have Coach Crutchfield on staff, Musselman said. Hes one of the best recruiters and coaches in the country as proven by the Sooners being a mainstay in the NCAA Tournament. He has worked for an all-time great coach in Lon Kruger. Coach Crutchfield and Coach (Corey) Williams will make a great team at the University of Arkansas.

A source confirmed on Thursday that Crutchfield had notified Oklahoma head coach Lon Kruger that he was accepting a position at Arkansas. Crutchfield has been serving as associate head coach at Oklahoma under Kruger for the past three seasons. He has been on the Sooners' staff a total of eight seasons (2011-2019).

For more from Kevin click the link below

https://www.nwahomepage.com/sports/pig-trail-nation/ou-s-chris-crutchfield-named-associate-head-coach-for-arkansas-basketball/2009739374
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 05:57:25 pm by Jason Carroll »

UnknownNobody

That is two solid veteran coaches, I wonder if we will go with a youthful up n coming assistant next.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

raz1965

Muss continues to impress.

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
    • Missing your favorite thread?  It's probably in Vents and Rumors

This is a good article on Crutchfield scouting opponents & putting together game plans. He did the game plan for their NCAA game against OM. OU won by 23 points.

https://newsok.com/article/5626762/ou-basketball-scouting-qa-with-chris-crutchfield

Boardon Hamsay

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Eponymous Keeper of the War Damn Mockingbird Unis

Paul

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net

Big time hire!  Good things come to those who wait

Rbill

I just think it's so awesome we're putting together a staff based on some sort of ability to help us. It feels like how hiring people is supposed to work.

Hawg Red

We hired the associate head coach away from another high-major program. A top Big 12 program at that. Let that sink in. That never would have been possible a few months ago.

runner645

• Band Nerd

Musselman alluded at the Fort Smith Razorback Club meeting last night that the third coach could be an out of the box hire...  He said we would likely have all the coaches lined up by Wednesday May 22.    Should know the last hire soon!   Things are looking good for the Bball program!

UnknownNobody

Musselman alluded at the Fort Smith Razorback Club meeting last night that the third coach could be an out of the box hire...  He said we would likely have all the coaches lined up by Wednesday May 22.    Should know the last hire soon!   Things are looking good for the Bball program!

Thanks for the info but Out of the box or Outside the box? Not trying to be difficult just curious.

mhuff

Perhaps a HS coach with good connections.

kkremers

• Bench Warmer

As a Ft.Smithian,it doesn't get much better than a day when the U of A hire's a coach away from the University of Oklahoma.I ride around all day long with a co-worker and have to look at his o.u.hat all day,as well as having to hear about o.u. ALL DAY LONG.We just  hired  not one but  TWO o.u. coaches IN ONE DAY! Monday is gonna be a GREAT WORK DAY !!!

King Kong

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian

Thanks for the info but Out of the box or Outside the box? Not trying to be difficult just curious.

Outside the box. He mentioned on the Radio potentially a JUCO coach or a younger coach with little experience.

UnknownNobody

Outside the box. He mentioned on the Radio potentially a JUCO coach or a younger coach with little experience.

That is what I thought, thank you sir. I like that he thinks in terms of giving coaches a chance to move up.

rogersvillemohog

This is a great hire. Guy was in the running for the Northern Kentucky job (Kentucky native). Great recruiter and very good basketball coach. I'll be interested to see who the third assistant will be. Surprised that Argenal didn't get a job, but I'm sure he wanted to stay on the west coast and go blaze his own path.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas