Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mexico  (Read 533 times)

Cotton

Mexico
« on: May 09, 2019, 02:40:53 pm »

Going to Mexico in a couple weeks.  Anybody ever been to Ixtapa/Zihua area?  Andy Dufresne (Shawshank) has told me nice things about it.

oldman1015

Re: Mexico
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 03:18:43 pm »

How are you getting over the wall?

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

EconHawg

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2019, 03:39:50 pm »

Going to Mexico in a couple weeks.  Anybody ever been to Ixtapa/Zihua area?  Andy Dufresne (Shawshank) has told me nice things about it.

He asked me to meet him down there once, but I forgot the name of the town.

Cotton

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2019, 04:08:19 pm »

How are you getting over the wall?
Rice is loaning me his private jet

Cotton

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2019, 04:09:27 pm »

He asked me to meet him down there once, but I forgot the name of the town.
Zihuatanejo, Guerrero

ricepig

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2019, 04:16:44 pm »

Rice is loaning me his private jet

Ill make sure they wash it before they pick you up.

Cotton

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2019, 04:19:26 pm »

Ill make sure they wash it before they pick you up.
Please have them clean the inside this time.

EconHawg

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2019, 04:21:23 pm »

Zihuatanejo, Guerrero

Have fun down there. I'm headed to Cancun in July.

Cotton

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2019, 08:27:46 am »

Have fun down there. I'm headed to Cancun in July.
I'll let you know how it goes... apparently the Mexican government developed Ixtapa around the same time as Cancun with similar ideals, just a different type of destination compared to the Caribbean. 

Cotton

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2019, 09:15:12 am »

Guerrero state Level 4: Do Not Travel

Do not travel due to crime.

Armed groups operate independently of the government in many areas of Guerrero. Members of these groups frequently maintain roadblocks and may use violence towards travelers. U.S. government employees may not travel to the entire state of Guerrero, including Acapulco, Zihuatanejo, Ixtapa, and Taxco.

Dillar Dog

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2019, 08:50:55 am »

I spent a few days in Zihuatanejo. Nice little laid back place. There's a little sports barb there called Zorro's that's owned by a Canadian guy that visited and decide to move there.

He has a friend that hangs around there named Kevin, also from Canada. Really cool guy. Might take you fishing and get you high.

Cotton

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2019, 08:57:26 am »

I spent a few days in Zihuatanejo. Nice little laid back place. There's a little sports barb there called Zorro's that's owned by a Canadian guy that visited and decide to move there.

He has a friend that hangs around there named Kevin, also from Canada. Really cool guy. Might take you fishing and get you high.
I love running into people like that... Honestly thats my dream.

Dillar Dog

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2019, 10:31:40 am »

If you go there you will. Just ask if he's around and tell him one of the guys in the old sailboat that came through 5 years ago told you to look him up.

holeinthewall

• Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2019, 11:22:35 am »

If you are looking for a place to try out your new fire arm drive to Brownsville and cross over into Metamoros.  Should be a fun time.

jabberjawls

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2019, 04:20:54 pm »

If you go there you will. Just ask if he's around and tell him one of the guys in the old sailboat that came through 5 years ago told you to look him up.
Has it already been 5 years since you sank?

Dillar Dog

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2019, 05:01:53 pm »

Has it already been 5 years since you sank?

5 years ago in February

jabberjawls

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2019, 04:33:19 pm »

5 years ago in February
I really enjoyed reading your posts of the trip up until you sank.

Dillar Dog

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2019, 05:36:12 pm »

5 years ago in February

Thanks, man.

It was a great trip until that last night on our boat. The trip on the oil tanker was pretty good too though.

Dillar Dog

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2019, 05:38:16 pm »

Not real sure why I quoted me.

majestic

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2019, 05:40:22 pm »

Guerrero state Level 4: Do Not Travel

Do not travel due to crime.

Armed groups operate independently of the government in many areas of Guerrero. Members of these groups frequently maintain roadblocks and may use violence towards travelers. U.S. government employees may not travel to the entire state of Guerrero, including Acapulco, Zihuatanejo, Ixtapa, and Taxco.

Acapulco is the only one of those I'd be worried about. Z-Town is as safe as Springdale if you stay out of the Mexican neighborhoods. Hahaha!

Rudy Baylor

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2019, 06:04:11 pm »

If you are looking for a place to try out your new fire arm drive to Brownsville and cross over into Metamoros.  Should be a fun time.

Getting hung from a bridge or getting a bullet to the back of the head could be fun

majestic

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2019, 07:22:54 pm »

Getting hung from a bridge or getting a bullet to the back of the head could be fun
You are more likely to get struck by lightning while riding a shark.

Cotton

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2019, 08:34:35 am »

Well, I'm back and very impressed with the west coast of Mexico. 100% recommend.

majestic

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2019, 03:30:45 pm »

Well, I'm back and very impressed with the west coast of Mexico. 100% recommend.
Tell us all about it. Where did you go, what did you do, etc.  I'm heading to Playa next week.

Cotton

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2019, 08:35:24 am »

Tell us all about it. Where did you go, what did you do, etc.  I'm heading to Playa next week.
Spent the week in Queretaro, we drove down to Ixtapa for 3 days.  Beautiful place and not overly crowded at all. The drive was gorgeous as well.  Only hiccup was on the drive back the toll road was shut down due to an accident with a 18 wheeler burning so we had to get off the "safe" road and take the free road up to the next city to get back on the toll road.  The most interesting part was the road sign that said "Aqui termina tu seguro" - Your safety ends here... when we got off the toll road.

At the resort we had a blast.  Walked up and down the boulevard at night and ate some of the most delicious seafood I've ever had.  The Marlin Tacos (carnitas style) were by far my favorite. We stayed in a villa that was 3 bed, 3 bath with a balcony on the second floor and a hot-tub. It was part of the resort high rise, but had its only carport and entrances.

The black flag was out due to a strong rip current so the lifeguards didn't allow anybody to get in the ocean more than ankle deep, which was fine for me.

I really enjoyed the Pacific Coast and not fighting the crowds of Americans in Cancun. I actually did not see any other Americans the entire time I was there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas