• 10,306,088 Posts
• 408,350 Topics
• 23,328 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: It's time...  (Read 4364 times)

Piggfoot

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Hog Table top cooker
Re: It's time...
« Reply #100 on: May 15, 2019, 02:36:27 pm »

Whether it translates to recruiting 18 year minorities I can't say.  But Arkansas has one of the most recognizable brands in college athletics.  The running razorback.  The hog call.  Woo Pig Sooie. etc.  You can't argue that.
[/ I can argue this. Some of the uniforms do not clearly demonstrate the Running razorback. This is particularly true with the anthracite uniforms. They wore this uniform in one of the last games I attended in Fayetteville. I could not see the numbers on the jerseys nor could I see the running Hog on any part of the uniform.
As far as the Hog Call is concerned, many fans have changed that to a hideous wolf call version. That at least needs to stop or do away with the call all together. They should demonstrate the proper call on the jumbo tron and ask fans not bastardize it with the wolf call.

Grizzlyfan

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #101 on: May 15, 2019, 02:45:19 pm »

Whether it translates to recruiting 18 year minorities I can't say.  But Arkansas has one of the most recognizable brands in college athletics.  The running razorback.  The hog call.  Woo Pig Sooie. etc.  You can't argue that.
[/ I can argue this. Some of the uniforms do not clearly demonstrate the Running razorback. This is particularly true with the anthracite uniforms. They wore this uniform in one of the last games I attended in Fayetteville. I could not see the numbers on the jerseys nor could I see the running Hog on any part of the uniform.
As far as the Hog Call is concerned, many fans have changed that to a hideous wolf call version. That at least needs to stop or do away with the call all together. They should demonstrate the proper call on the jumbo tron and ask fans not bastardize it with the wolf call.
Ok so perhaps all the uniform variations don't capitalize on the brand as you'd like.  But my point was about the brand in general.  And yes the howl needs to stop.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

RyanMallettsEgo

• Let me buy you lunch
« Reply #102 on: May 15, 2019, 03:17:36 pm »

I can argue this. Some of the uniforms do not clearly demonstrate the Running razorback. This is particularly true with the anthracite uniforms. They wore this uniform in one of the last games I attended in Fayetteville. I could not see the numbers on the jerseys nor could I see the running Hog on any part of the uniform.

What's that logo on the helmet then?

UnknownNobody

« Reply #103 on: May 15, 2019, 03:22:19 pm »

What's that logo on the helmet then?

Pigfoot don't care...he wants uniforms that look like the 1964 team and nothing else.

pigz

• I am the liquor
« Reply #104 on: May 15, 2019, 03:28:43 pm »

LZH

« Reply #105 on: May 15, 2019, 04:38:27 pm »

Razorback basketball jerseys and “Hawgball” were fairly popular nationally in the early-mid 90’s.

Kids pay attention.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas