File 13 > Trash

Fayetteville hires former Arkansas QB Casey Dick

Pages: (1/4) > >>

Otis Kirk:

https://www.nwahomepage.com/sports/pig-trail-nation/fayetteville-high-school-hires-former-arkansas-qb-casey-dick/1950534307

hobhog:

Good for him. Hope he does well...

CandleStick:

Nope

Arkansas Hog in Dallas:

--- Quote from: CandleStick on April 24, 2019, 03:23:22 pm ---Somewhat of a slap in the face to coaches who have worked a lifetime for a job like that. First year head coach with a losing record. Not saying heís a bad guy or bad coach but heís not qualified for it. Iím happy the guy could land a dang good gig but Fayetteville just sent a message about their job going forward.

--- End quote ---

He got excitement back in VB in year one

RyanMallettsEgo:

--- Quote from: CandleStick on April 24, 2019, 03:23:22 pm ---Somewhat of a slap in the face to coaches who have worked a lifetime for a job like that. First year head coach with a losing record. Not saying heís a bad guy or bad coach but heís not qualified for it. Iím happy the guy could land a dang good gig but Fayetteville just sent a message about their job going forward.

--- End quote ---

The most qualified isn't necessarily the best fit.

twistitup:

--- End quote ---

You sound butt hurt....be happy for the guy.

It's not the amount of time spent coaching that qualifies a person for the job - if that was the case - John L would still be coaching at UofA.

CandleStick:

--- Quote from: twistitup on April 24, 2019, 03:47:45 pm ---You sound butt hurt....be happy for the guy.

It's not the amount of time spent coaching that qualifies a person for the job - if that was the case - John L would still be coaching at UofA.

--- End quote ---

You must of missed the part where I said "Im happy the guy could land a gig like Fayetteville".

twistitup:

--- Quote from: CandleStick on April 24, 2019, 04:00:41 pm ---You must of missed the part where I said "Im happy the guy could land a gig like Fayetteville".

--- End quote ---

I always forget what comes after the BUT....

--- End quote ---

FANONTHEHILL:

He was OC at Bentonville West in 2017 when they made a solid playoff run. Fayetteville has seen this offense and will run it with better athletes than Dick had at West or Van Buren.  This is a solid hire.  Also after losing Bill Blankenship and then Billy Dawson the last few years, Fayetteville was looking for a young coach that wanted to be in Fayetteville.

thebignasty:

Head coaching resume is 1 year with a 4-7 forfeit aided record at Van Buren.

I was pretty sure they'd go after Zak Clark.

CandleStick:

--- Quote from: twistitup on April 24, 2019, 04:04:07 pm ---I always forget what comes after the BUT....

--- End quote ---

Dark Helmet Hog:

Probably the best high school job in the state right now. Set up for winning by being the last city with one high school in NWA.

Dwight_K_Shrute:

JFC I can't believe some of the ish that seems to carry over from board to board to board.  Former much under appreciated Razorback lands HC job at Fayetteville and some can't just congratulate him and leave it at there.  There are no need for qualifiers period.  Just be happy for a former Hog.  It's a great opportunity for him and pi** on anyone who says he doesn't deserve it or hasn't earned it.  The guy has been coaching since he got out of college.

Hawggy_Style:

--- End quote ---

Sounds like something Iíve heard before involving a head coach from SMU in Fayetteville....

thebignasty:

--- Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on April 24, 2019, 05:46:01 pm ---JFC I can't believe some of the ish that seems to carry over from board to board to board.  Former much under appreciated Razorback lands HC job at Fayetteville and some can't just congratulate him and leave it at there.  There are no need for qualifiers period.  Just be happy for a former Hog.  It's a great opportunity for him and pi** on anyone who says he doesn't deserve it or hasn't earned it.  The guy has been coaching since he got out of college.

--- End quote ---

Can be happy for Casey and wonder what Fayetteville is thinking at the same time.

oldhawg:

--- End quote ---

Not sure what you mean by the "message about their job going forward? 
Preference for youth movement in their coaching ranks? 
Money saver ---- ability to pay someone less than  a more experienced coach?
Succumbing to outside pressures because he is a former Razorback?
Connections as in nepotism or political connections?
Other favoritisms?

Guess I just don't have the "inside" information.

FANONTHEHILL:

--- Quote from: oldhawg on April 24, 2019, 07:07:05 pm ---Not sure what you mean by the "message about their job going forward? 
Preference for youth movement in their coaching ranks? 
Money saver ---- ability to pay someone less than  a more experienced coach?
Succumbing to outside pressures because he is a former Razorback?
Connections as in nepotism or political connections?
Other favoritisms?

Guess I just don't have the "inside" information.

--- End quote ---
Word around Fayetteville is that the two previous coaches wanted to bring their own sons in as assistants.  The district balked on the idea and they both left.  Not an issue when the hireís son is a toddler.  As a Fayetteville Alum, Iím very happy about the hire.

247Hog:

Hope he does well and can help develop more backyard talent for the Hogs.

I have heard from several people that the players and most that's around Casey, hate dealing with him. I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing but i'm not sure how well that will go over in Fayetteville if true.

twistitup:

--- Quote from: 247Hog on April 24, 2019, 07:24:57 pm ---Hope he does well and can help develop more backyard talent for the Hogs.

I have heard from several people that the players and most that's around Casey, hate dealing with him. I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing but i'm not sure how well that will go over in Fayetteville if true.

--- End quote ---

?

CandleStick:

No

majestic:

Nothing against Casey Dick, but this seems like a strange hire to me. I hope he's successful at Fayetteville but I have to think there were a bunch of more qualified applicants for the job.

BigE_23:

--- End quote ---
Sounds like the same logic people use when a guy from SMU with a losing record lands a solid SEC job...are you against that hire too?

CandleStick:

--- Quote from: BigE_23 on April 24, 2019, 08:43:35 pm ---Sounds like the same logic people use when a guy from SMU with a losing record lands a solid SEC job...are you against that hire too?

--- End quote ---

Yes, I've been against that hire from the beginning. What has he proven?

majestic:

--- Quote from: BigE_23 on April 24, 2019, 08:43:35 pm ---Sounds like the same logic people use when a guy from SMU with a losing record lands a solid SEC job...are you against that hire too?

--- End quote ---
100%

twistitup:

--- Quote from: CandleStick on April 24, 2019, 08:51:46 pm ---Yes, I've been against that hire from the beginning. What has he proven?

--- End quote ---

Did you get passed over for the job?

CandleStick:

--- Quote from: twistitup on April 24, 2019, 09:21:39 pm ---Did you get passed over for the job?

--- End quote ---

not at all I had no dog in that fight.

yraciv:

If you guys think hiring Casey Dick is a strange hire, what do you think about HY hiring a 23 year old Gold Medal Olympian with limited coaching experience to take over a Top 20 Gymanastics program?

In all seriousness, I've always liked Casey since going to U of A with him. Very nice guy! Yes I question if he is qualified for what I think is the best job in the state, but he loves Northwest Arkansas, and will be there a long time if he has success.

In other news, former Hog Crosby Tuck has been named his replacement at Van Buren.

Hawggy_Style:

--- Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on April 24, 2019, 03:37:17 pm ---The most qualified isn't necessarily the best fit.

--- End quote ---

Agreed. Hugh Freeze once applied for the Rogers job. (Pre becoming an NCAA coach)

HardingHog:

Congrats to Casey! Never hurts to have a former Hog at one of the high profile schools in the state. Woo Pig!

sickboy:

--- End quote ---

Welcome to life. A reality star is our President. Connections go farther than experience.

East Clintwood:

--- Quote from: Hawggy_Style on April 24, 2019, 11:41:03 pm ---Agreed. Hugh Freeze once applied for the Rogers job. (Pre becoming an NCAA coach)

--- End quote ---

They don't have hookers in Rogers?

Hawggy_Style:

--- Quote from: East Clintwood on April 25, 2019, 12:46:20 am ---
They don't have hookers in Rogers?

--- End quote ---

Theyíre up in McDonald county.

Lanny:

Interesting hire for Fayetteville High

Redhogs:

--- Quote from: CandleStick on April 24, 2019, 08:51:46 pm ---Yes, I've been against that hire from the beginning. What has he proven?

--- End quote ---
Give the guy more than one season and half a recruiting class before declaring him a failure...fat boy did leave a massive dumpster fire , in case you memory has failed you.

FANONTHEHILL:

Fayetteville saw first hand what Casey can do directing an offense with higher level talent.  He was OC at Bentonville West in 2017 when West made a strong playoff run.  Van Buren didnít have the athletes across the board to have a great deal of success vs teams like Bentonville, Bíville West, Har-Ber, Springdale, and Fayetteville, but the scheme was sound.  As the father of a Fayetteville player Iím very happy with the hire.  The formal introduction/press conference is Friday afternoon at 3 and a team meeting just prior. The kids are excited about the hire and thatís a good start.

HF#1:

--- End quote ---

Sorry you didn't get the job man. There's always next time.

HF#1:

Casey still owns the greatest TD throw to end a career of any QB at Arkansas, ever.

A Hogwork Orange:

--- Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on April 25, 2019, 07:45:07 am ---Fayetteville saw first hand what Casey can do directing an offense with higher level talent.  He was OC at Bentonville West in 2017 when West made a strong playoff run.  Van Buren didnít have the athletes across the board to have a great deal of success vs teams like Bentonville, Bíville West, Har-Ber, Springdale, and Fayetteville, but the scheme was sound.  As the father of a Fayetteville player Iím very happy with the hire.  The formal introduction/press conference is Friday afternoon at 3 and a team meeting just prior. The kids are excited about the hire and thatís a good start.

--- End quote ---

Think you said all that needs to be said. When you get a former UofA star as a coach, it is going to excite the high school kids. They are going to be super pumped to have a young, star coach like that and are going to play really hard for him.

Ex-Trumpet:

Some of y'all could win the $200M Powerball and bitch about it not being $400M.

LZH:

--- Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on April 25, 2019, 08:10:52 am ---Some of y'all could win the $200M Powerball and bitch about it not being $400M.

--- End quote ---

Welp, $200M ainít what it used to be.....

CandleStick:

--- Quote from: HF#1 on April 25, 2019, 07:45:53 am ---Sorry you didn't get the job man. There's always next time.

--- End quote ---

Polecat:

--- Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on April 24, 2019, 04:28:14 pm ---He was OC at Bentonville West in 2017 when they made a solid playoff run. Fayetteville has seen this offense and will run it with better athletes than Dick had at West or Van Buren.  This is a solid hire.  Also after losing Bill Blankenship and then Billy Dawson the last few years, Fayetteville was looking for a young coach that wanted to be in Fayetteville.

--- End quote ---

Where is Billy Dawson now? that guy has hopped around a lot

#1 STUNNA:

Heard Elderidge from Arkadelphia turned it down.

oldhawg:

--- Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on April 25, 2019, 08:10:52 am ---Some of y'all could win the $200M Powerball and bitch about it not being $400M.

--- End quote ---

Well, the government would take a hundred million off the top for taxes.  My wife would automatically claim her half.  Relatives would remind me of all the favors they did for me (most of which I can't remember) that I need to repay.  My rent would go up.  Our church would tell me that it's time to start tithing instead of giving just what I thought I could afford week to week.  AARP would offer me all kinds of "can't miss" deals.  My financial adviser would strongly recommend insider tips that were sure to double my investment, for an extra fee.

Oh, Hell.  I think I  just won't buy a lottery ticket this week.

RazorPiggie:

As a VB alum I'm pissed. Oh well.

twistitup:

I like it when schools take a chance and go a non-traditional direction. It doesn't always work out - but it sure makes things interesting.

Young men seem to be taking over football coaching on all levels. I think it's about relating to the players; the old school style is being phased out for a fresh, young, open approach to coaching. We are on our second round of trying this approach at UofA - CBB was a failure, then we went back for more w CCM

Maybe it works...maybe we go back to hiring old codgers in 5-10 years - who knows.

When I was playing HS/College ball it was not out of the ordinary for coaches to grab a player by the facemask, jerk him around the field while screaming cuss words and belittling the player -  that was their way to 'coach' ....I think those days are gone for the most part.

root_hawg:

Great hire

Kevin:

sure, glad he stayed and built the pointer program.

pigachu:

--- Quote from: thebignasty on April 24, 2019, 04:30:32 pm ---Head coaching resume is 1 year with a 4-7 forfeit aided record at Van Buren.

I was pretty sure they'd go after Zak Clark.

--- End quote ---

A couple of skeletons in zakís closet

Amityvillehogger:

--- Quote from: pigachu on April 25, 2019, 09:14:55 am ---A couple of skeletons in zakís closet

--- End quote ---

Yep. He isn't the beloved alum anymore like he once was.

Pages: (1/4) > >>

Go to full version