• 10,678,852 Posts
• 418,409 Topics
• 24,559 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Mike Anderson to St. John's  (Read 10422 times)

FineAsSwine

Re: Mike Anderson to St. John's
« Reply #300 on: October 27, 2019, 11:39:07 am »

If Vanover gets a waiver I’ll flip sh*t, because Anderson’s Rasheem Dunn which will be a starter was denied waiver today after sitting out last year and his coach getting fired and Cleveland Stat’s AD was pushing hard for the kid to not get the waiver. Piece of Crap AD right there.

I would be really surprised if Dunn doesn't get his waiver on appeal but it's the NCAA so things don't have to make sense and they usually don't.

Didn't know about the Cleveland State AD playing prevent, maybe Jeff Goodman will duplicate his faux outrage over CMA and Rotnei Clarke's transfer.

https://nypost.com/2019/10/27/ncaa-denies-rasheem-dunns-st-johns-eligibility-waiver/

Rasheem Dunn sat out last year following his transfer to Cleveland State. His coach was then fired in July and several teammates decided to transfer, leading him to seek a different school too.

But now, the NCAA is forcing him to sit out again. The St. John’s junior guard’s waiver for immediate eligibility was denied, sources told The Post, a decision that came as a surprise to the school. There was optimism Dunn would be cleared, considering what he left behind at Cleveland State.

But sources said Cleveland State athletic director Scott Garnett, hired in April, has not supported Dunn being eligible to play right away and the NCAA’s decision not to clear him was based on the fact he could’ve stayed at Cleveland State.

VanBurenCHog

« Reply #301 on: October 27, 2019, 11:43:17 am »

I would be really surprised if Dunn doesn't get his waiver but it's the NCAA so things don't have to make sense and they usually don't.

Didn't know about the Cleveland State AD playing prevent, maybe Jeff Goodman will duplicate his faux outrage over CMA and Rotnei Clarke's transfer.
he didn’t get his waiver

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

FineAsSwine

« Reply #302 on: October 27, 2019, 11:52:54 am »

he didn’t get his waiver

Huge blow to St Johns upcoming season and will force adjustments and shuffling of other players, especially since the season ending injury to incoming freshman point guard Jonathan McGriff and the fact that Nick Rutherford, a fifth year graduate transfer who is the only other point guard on the roster, didn't even join the team until the start of fall semester while finishing up summer course work to complete his undergraduate degree.

Add in the injury to Greg Williams, the sophomore 2 guard who will have to be pressed into service at the point, and it is making of a very challenging opening season for CMA in the NYC.

“The possibility of not getting it [is stressful],” Dunn, a Brooklyn native who starred at Thomas Jefferson, said this week during media day, before a decision had came down. “I just came from sitting out a whole year. I feel like I do deserve it. [I’m a] kid who did everything he was supposed to do through his college years, high school years, got good grades.”

Instead, St. John’s will now appeal the decision, as it is doing with forward Ian Steere, who had his waiver denied next week. Unlike Dunn, Steere will be eligible in mid-December. He transferred from N.C. State in the middle of last year. Dunn would have to sit out the entire year if the decision does not get reversed.

Not having Dunn would be a significant blow to St. John’s. He averaged 15 points per game at St. Francis Brooklyn two years ago and is believed to be the Red Storm’s third-most talented player, after LJ Figueroa and Mustapha Heron. He may have also been coach Mike Anderson’s starting point guard.

His coach at Cleveland State, Dennis Felton, is now an assistant coach at Fordham.

FineAsSwine

« Reply #303 on: October 27, 2019, 11:57:37 am »

The Johnnies certainly will miss Steere and Dunn this year. The Red Storm are picked to finish last in the Big East and that was before Steere and Dunn were denied this week. Plus, St. John's faces a really tough out of conference schedule and a very strong Big East field this year.

Bad time to be shorthanded.

FineAsSwine

« Reply #304 on: October 27, 2019, 12:05:27 pm »

ooh, ooh that smell. Can't you smell that smell? The smell of cheating surrounds you.

FineAsSwine

« Reply #305 on: October 30, 2019, 04:34:15 pm »

FineAsSwine

« Reply #306 on: October 30, 2019, 07:57:32 pm »

Figueroa leads Red Storm with 28 pts and Heron chips in 26 as the Johnnies defeat DII Queens College 94-59 in an exhibition game.

1990sHogBallChild

« Reply #307 on: October 30, 2019, 09:08:58 pm »

Figueroa leads Red Storm with 28 pts and Heron chips in 26 as the Johnnies defeat DII Queens College 94-59 in an exhibition game.

For them to be a top 4 or 5 team in the Big East and make it the the dance that is the type of stuff they will need from those two guys.... Maybe not 28 and 26, but 24 and 22?

FineAsSwine

« Reply #308 on: October 31, 2019, 09:18:26 am »

For them to be a top 4 or 5 team in the Big East and make it the the dance that is the type of stuff they will need from those two guys.... Maybe not 28 and 26, but 24 and 22?

Yes you are right, LJ and Mustapha have to lead and play at a high level but they have a couple of surprising guys stepping forward to help out. Josh Roberts played really well and reminds me of Tristan Thompson with his aggressive rebounding and putbacks around the basket plus he seems to have a nice 10 footer as well.

Earlington looks to be their Alandise Harris, a 6-5 bruiser who got a lot of D1 offers to play football but he chose hoops instead. Really looked good playing in the high post. Also, Greg Williams is almost back to full speed after being slowed by a back injury. You can tell he is going to be a really good player once he gets back to full steam. This team would easily make the top half of the Big East with Steere and Dunn being cleared to play.

FineAsSwine

« Reply #309 on: November 06, 2019, 07:06:33 pm »

St Johns leading Mercer 79-52 with 10:36 left to go in the second half.

FineAsSwine

« Reply #310 on: November 06, 2019, 07:09:59 pm »

Rasheem Dunn, a Jr guard transfer from Cleveland St who was denied immediate eligibility a few days ago has seen his case take another turn and he may still get his waiver.

https://nypost.com/2019/11/05/st-johns-suddenly-has-new-hope-in-rasheem-dunns-eligibility-case/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site%20buttons&utm_campaign=site%20buttons

After his waiver was initially denied by the NCAA on Oct. 27, St. John’s produced new information last week, leading to a review process.

Now the NCAA “requires” a response to that new information from Cleveland State, Dunn’s former school, according to a statement St. John’s provided to The Post.

Cleveland State has 10 working days to respond. If the waiver is denied, St. John’s can still appeal. Dunn would lose a full year of eligibility unless this decision changes.

FineAsSwine

« Reply #311 on: November 06, 2019, 07:13:35 pm »

A look at the challenges in front of Mike Anderson in his first season at St Johns.

https://nypost.com/2019/11/06/st-johns-preview-what-to-watch-for-season-prediction/

With Mike Anderson — who was fired after eight years at Arkansas — St. John’s landed a coach who has made the NCAA Tournament at three different schools and has never produced a losing season in 17 years as a head coach. However, the Alabama native and Nolan Richardson protégé has never worked above the Mason-Dixon line, and the 59-year-old’s fit in New York won’t be as seamless as the Brooklyn legend he’s replacing.

Unlike Mullin, Anderson arrives with a proven system built on intense defensive pressure and a roster that brings back two key pieces (Mustapha Heron, LJ Figueroa) from last season’s 21-win team. But the loss of Shamorie Ponds, Justin Simon and Mar­vin Clark II — combined with an improved Big East — creates one of the greatest challenges of Anderson’s career.

FineAsSwine

« Reply #312 on: November 06, 2019, 07:16:55 pm »

What makes Mike Anderson the right guy for St Johns?

https://nypost.com/2019/11/05/mike-anderson-is-the-fresh-start-st-johns-sorely-needed/

“Following a legend like Chris Mullin is a challenge,” Mike Anderson was saying the other day. “And we all know what Lou Carnesecca did here. St. John’s means so much to the fabric of the city. I am well aware of that.”

The longer he is in the job, the more it feels right that Anderson is the one tasked with writing the next chapter of St. John’s basketball. There is no denying his coaching chops: He’s won wherever he’s worked, at UAB, at Missouri, at Arkansas. If there was one worry about him when he was hired last spring it was that he had no connection to St. John’s. He was raised at the right hand of Nolan Richardson. His greatest basketball glories are in the SEC and Big 12, not the Big East.

But maybe that’s exactly what St. John’s needs right now. Maybe an objective set of eyes isn’t the worst thing in the world. So much of Mullin’s tenure was seen through the watercolor eyes of nostalgia, wanting things to be better than they were. Anderson played at Tulsa. He’s worked in the rarefied air of big-ticket basketball his whole life. New York won’t scare him, not even a little.
see also
St. John's recruiting pattern says a lot about Mike Anderson era

“You’re on the big stage, the biggest stage, that’s how I look at and that is why I’m looking forward to this so much,” said Anderson, whose team kicks off its season Wednesday night at 6:30 at Carnesecca Arena against Mercer. “We have a chance to be very good, but one thing I know is we’re going to work awfully hard. Our fans deserve that much.”

FineAsSwine

« Reply #313 on: November 06, 2019, 07:26:21 pm »

NYC learning to love Mike.

https://nypost.com/2019/05/05/an-inside-look-at-new-st-johns-coach-mike-anderson/

ask anyone — from trainers to players to reporters to AAU coaches — who has come across St. John’s new coach in his 37 years in this business known for shady operators and win-at-all-costs coaches: The 59-year-old’s winning pedigree is always the second quality mentioned.

It’s his character that stands out, his loyalty, genuine personality and grinding work ethic that leave the biggest impression. It’s beyond reproach. His players graduate. He treats them like family members. His teams win.

“Mike is as good and as honest a person as you ever want to meet,” Arkansas Hawks AAU director Bill Ingram said.

“He’s been a father figure in my life,” said Kareem Reid, who Anderson recruited to Arkansas in the mid-1990s from The Bronx. “He was an integral part on me coming back [to college] and graduating.”

“He’s the most optimistic person I’ve ever seen in my life,” longtime Arkansas trainer David England said. “You might be down. You talk to him and you feel like you can beat the world after that.”

FineAsSwine

« Reply #314 on: November 06, 2019, 07:42:49 pm »

Mike Anderson gets the win in his debut as The Johnnie's down Mercer 109-79. Mustapha Heron led the way with 25 points.

The box: 42% from 3 and the team shot 80% from the free throw line. Only 9 turnovers while forcing 24 TO's by Mercer. Pretty good debut.

Definitely a tournament team with Dunn and Steere. Pretty sure they won't finish where they were picked (9th) in the Big East. They are better than that right now without Dunn and Steere.

kingofdequeen

« Reply #315 on: November 07, 2019, 08:22:04 am »

lol did you see Muss's team win by FIDDY?   shut this bs down bruh.

FineAsSwine

« Reply #316 on: November 07, 2019, 09:05:24 am »

lol did you see Muss's team win by FIDDY?   shut this bs down bruh.

Did you get lost on your way to Jumpball? This is the General Sports forum little fella.

FineAsSwine

« Reply #317 on: November 07, 2019, 09:14:09 am »

Not sure why this thread grates on a few people’s nerves. There’s nothing at all taking away from what Muss is doing or comparing the two coaches. This is a thread about Mike Anderson To St John’s. Read the OP if that will help your comprehension and understanding.

FineAsSwine

« Reply #318 on: November 07, 2019, 09:18:36 am »

lol did you see Muss's team win by FIDDY?

GHG!

Biggus Piggus

• Escaped Journalist
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • What does not kill you makes you almost dead.
« Reply #319 on: November 07, 2019, 10:12:51 am »

Nice win for MA and St. John's. Glad to see it.

FineAsSwine

« Reply #320 on: November 07, 2019, 10:35:41 am »

CMA bringing a blue-collar style to the NYC. New York warming up to 40 Minutes of Hell.

https://stjohns.rivals.com/news/st-john-s-mauls-mercer-wire-to-wire

The Red Storm opened the 2019-2020 season Wednesday evening with a historic outing under first-year coach Mike Anderson, cruising past Mercer 109-79 inside Carnesecca Arena. The 109 points scored was St. John’s biggest offensive explosion in 20 years and was the highest total by a coach making his St. John’s debut.

A better script couldn’t have been written for Anderson’s start to his tenure in New York City as he brings a new style of play featuring up-tempo offense and pressure defense that requires a deep bench rotation.

“It was definitely good,” senior guard Mustapha Heron said of the new system, “but coach always stresses to us that it's just like practice. People may think that we’re out of control and stuff, but a lot of stuff we do is scripted. So we just kind of went out and we try to play the same way we play in practice.”

Heron led the team with 25 points on 4 of 6 shooting from 3-point range and was aided by his running mate LJ Figueroa, who added 18 points in the win. St. John’s had eight players log at least 18 minutes with no one exceeding 30 minutes in a wire-to-wire victory.

Pat Goss

• All-American Hogvillian
  • You may still get the chance to vote against HRC
« Reply #321 on: November 07, 2019, 11:08:26 pm »

Looks as if the move was good for CMA. He found free throw shooting on his trip east.

azhog10

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Razorback Basketball on the rise!
« Reply #322 on: November 08, 2019, 08:45:21 pm »

Looks as if the move was good for CMA. He found free throw shooting on his trip east.
Some of Mikes better teams here shot well from the FT line. One year I believe ark was top ten in ncaa in FT%.

Good win and he will have more players to play his style in the northeast. Suits him much better than Arkansas IMO. He won’t have to worry about being out recruited and less of an impact if he has a down year recruiting.

VanBurenCHog

« Reply #323 on: November 10, 2019, 12:59:29 pm »

2-0, another 30 point win

FineAsSwine

« Reply #324 on: November 10, 2019, 03:49:40 pm »

2-0, another 30 point win

Got a good Vermont team coming in Saturday with wins on the road at St Bonaventure and Belmont. Will be a tough test.

1990sHogBallChild

« Reply #325 on: November 10, 2019, 07:15:15 pm »

Got a good Vermont team coming in Saturday with wins on the road at St Bonaventure and Belmont. Will be a tough test.

I love watching Vermont play. They are certainly one of the better mid majors especially from a small league they are in. Their discipline will certainly test the St. John's defense. As well as if Vermont can slow down the game it cause cause them problems too. You are right this will  be the first real test. I think I will watch this one. I always love the clashing styles of play in basketball.

If the Red Storm play clean I still think they get it done by about 10-12 points.

1990sHogBallChild

« Reply #326 on: November 12, 2019, 07:50:16 pm »

After 2 great games, Heron is off big time tonight in a sluggish game by Saint John's... Probably a good thing they came out flat tonight and not Saturday against Vermont. A team like Vermont may have beat them with a performance like tonight. St Johns finally ahead by double digits with about 5 minutes left against New Hampshire.

SWD26

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #327 on: November 12, 2019, 09:15:35 pm »

Yeah, St. Johns was really off tonight. This may have been good for them though after coming off two big wins, shows they still have a lot of work to do!

SWD26

• Senior
« Reply #328 on: November 12, 2019, 09:23:45 pm »

Not sure why this thread grates on a few people’s nerves. There’s nothing at all taking away from what Muss is doing or comparing the two coaches. This is a thread about Mike Anderson To St John’s. Read the OP if that will help your comprehension and understanding.
I know, odd, isn't it. Somehow they think your not a real Hog fan if you support any other team. I like Mike Anderson and think he's a good coach, still having a lot of good coaching day's ahead of him. I hope to see him turn St. Johns completely around into a top Big East team.

By the way, keep up the good work, I enjoy reading your updates.

jry04

« Reply #329 on: November 13, 2019, 01:17:59 pm »

Mike Anderson just landed Vince Cole, I’m stunned. He is a baller, they will have a better class than we do.
Yeah, Mike Anderson at St. John’s is about to sign the #1 JUCO in the Country for 2020 in Vince Cole, most likely this weekend. That will already be a top 30 class for him and got others stacked up, while Mussleman is waiting for a bunch of recruits to go other places, except Kyree, I think Kyree is going to Ark.
If Vanover gets a waiver I’ll flip sh*t, because Anderson’s Rasheem Dunn which will be a starter was denied waiver today after sitting out last year and his coach getting fired and Cleveland Stat’s AD was pushing hard for the kid to not get the waiver. Piece of Crap AD right there.
Nothing at all taking away from Musselman or comparing the two? You guys are literally comparing their classes and crying because players at Arkansas could be ruled eligible while SJU players aren't. Please forgive Arkansas fans for finding it odd two guys are having a conversation on a Razorback message board about how they will be mad a Razorback player gets to play immediately.

Also, could someone provide a source that states Cole is the #1 JUCO? Every site that even has him evaluated has him as a 3 star, and unranked. 247 doesn't even list him in their top 10 JUCO list. He has offers from Fresno State, Ole Miss, Buffalo, Akron, NC State, but everyone is acting like Mike is bringing in some top 10 class. VanBuren bashes Muss because he is "waiting for a bunch of recruits to go other places," yet he has a couple of 4 star commits with offers from powerhouse schools and is on pace to sign a top 10-15 class. You can cheer for Mike without tearing down the current coach, or even comparing the two. I wish Mike success, but there is a very good chance Musselman will have far more success here than Mike ever did.

FineAsSwine

« Reply #330 on: November 13, 2019, 02:21:54 pm »

Nothing at all taking away from Musselman or comparing the two? You guys are literally comparing their classes and crying because players at Arkansas could be ruled eligible while SJU players aren't. Please forgive Arkansas fans for finding it odd two guys are having a conversation on a Razorback message board about how they will be mad a Razorback player gets to play immediately.

Also, could someone provide a source that states Cole is the #1 JUCO? Every site that even has him evaluated has him as a 3 star, and unranked. 247 doesn't even list him in their top 10 JUCO list. He has offers from Fresno State, Ole Miss, Buffalo, Akron, NC State, but everyone is acting like Mike is bringing in some top 10 class. VanBuren bashes Muss because he is "waiting for a bunch of recruits to go other places," yet he has a couple of 4 star commits with offers from powerhouse schools and is on pace to sign a top 10-15 class. You can cheer for Mike without tearing down the current coach, or even comparing the two. I wish Mike success, but there is a very good chance Musselman will have far more success here than Mike ever did.

Not sure why you quoted my post and make your "you guys" comment and then your ENTIRE response was to someone else's post. I never said I would be mad if Vanover got to play, in fact I said I hoped Vanover would get a waiver. Nor have I ever criticized Muss' recruiting.

I think your sentiments are misguided.

FineAsSwine

« Reply #331 on: November 13, 2019, 02:26:26 pm »

In other news, Rasheem Dunn has gotten his waiver and is immediately eligible for this season.

jry04

« Reply #332 on: November 13, 2019, 02:37:37 pm »

Not sure why you quoted my post and make your "you guys" comment and then your ENTIRE response was to someone else's post. I never said I would be mad if Vanover got to play, in fact I said I hoped Vanover would get a waiver. Nor have I ever criticized Muss' recruiting.

I think your sentiments are misguided.

I quoted your post because you literally said "there is nothing at all taking away from Musselman or comparing the two coaches" in this thread. I showed you multiple posts in this thread that you claimed didn't exist. That was from 1 page of the 7. I didn't even look at the others because I am sure VanBuren was just letting everyone know how SJU was going to win the National Championship while Musselman wouldn't even field a team next year.

FineAsSwine

« Reply #333 on: November 13, 2019, 03:04:38 pm »

I quoted your post because you literally said "there is nothing at all taking away from Musselman or comparing the two coaches" in this thread. I showed you multiple posts in this thread that you claimed didn't exist. That was from 1 page of the 7. I didn't even look at the others because I am sure VanBuren was just letting everyone know how SJU was going to win the National Championship while Musselman wouldn't even field a team next year.

Although I wasn't clear about that what I was referring to was my own Post in this thread and this subject and for the most part what I said was true about the whole thread.

Now if you want to you can go ahead and continue your dust up but I would like to be left out of it. Thanks.

FineAsSwine

« Reply #334 on: November 13, 2019, 03:21:59 pm »

Huge news for Mike Anderson. Rasheem Dunn will provide instant offense and critical depth at the point for St John's. This rare reversal by the NCAA is especially important to the Red Storm because of a season ending injury to freshman point guard John McGriff who was expected to contribute this year.

The decision by the NCAA to reverse it's initial denial of Dunn's waiver request comes after harsh criticism the NCAA received from Dick Vitale, Jon Rothstein, Jeff Goodman and other nationally known media personalities for what was perceived as an unfair action by the NCAA. St. John's fans also led an online petition drive on Rasheem Dunn's behalf that garnered over five thousand signatures.

https://redstormsports.com/news/2019/11/13/mens-basketball-rasheem-dunn-immediately-eligible-to-play-in-2019-20.aspx

QUEENS, N.Y.  – The NCAA has granted redshirt junior guard Rasheem Dunn a Legislative Relief Waiver, making the Brooklyn native immediately eligible to play for the Red Storm.

"We're thrilled that the NCAA has made this decision and given a fine young man the opportunity to pursue his dreams," said St. John's Head Coach Mike Anderson.  "Rasheem has always done things the right way and we're very excited and appreciative that the NCAA has ruled in his favor."

"I appreciate all the support I have received from St. John's," said Dunn. "I couldn't ask for a better opportunity. It was worth the wait."

The waiver, which was originally denied by the NCAA, was reconsidered after new evidence was presented in Dunn's favor.

Dunn sat out last season as a transfer at Cleveland State, where he left following a coaching change during the summer.

FineAsSwine

« Reply #335 on: November 13, 2019, 03:40:10 pm »

After 2 great games, Heron is off big time tonight in a sluggish game by Saint John's... Probably a good thing they came out flat tonight and not Saturday against Vermont. A team like Vermont may have beat them with a performance like tonight. St Johns finally ahead by double digits with about 5 minutes left against New Hampshire.

Having Rasheem Dunn cleared for action will be a big plus because he is another scorer to go along with Heron and Figueroa so if one of them is cold, Dunn can pick up the slack.

Fortuitous ruling just in time for the Vermont game. Dunn could be the difference. However, it will be his first game as a Johnnie so he won't have time to ease into his role because Vermont is a really good team.

Pat Goss

« Reply #336 on: November 14, 2019, 12:16:39 pm »

Watching the game, CMA had the "Why the hell did I stay in Fayetteville so long" look on his face. He looks happy.

SWD26

• Senior
« Reply #337 on: November 14, 2019, 07:35:08 pm »

Watching the game, CMA had the "Why the hell did I stay in Fayetteville so long" look on his face. He looks happy.

I figure he and his wife miss Arkansas some, seeing how they had said it was home to them, but he's probably pretty happy just to be coaching.

On another note, St. Johns looks a lot better so far than I expected. I heard one of the announcers say the other night that only two players, Herron and Figeroa, played significant minutes last year and most in the preseason picked them to finish last in the Big East.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #338 on: November 15, 2019, 11:40:09 am »

All this thread is proving is your Mike love...........

1990sHogBallChild

« Reply #339 on: November 15, 2019, 02:50:39 pm »

And what is exactly wrong with that? Can't we root for Arkansas and Mike now? The odds of the two teams ever playing is extremely small anyway. We will probably never play Saint John's so what does it matter if both are doing well? It's not like they really are competition the way NCAA is set up and how little we play the Big East.

FineAsSwine

« Reply #340 on: November 15, 2019, 06:00:44 pm »

I think Mike is a great Razorback no matter where he goes. I'm interested in how his final act plays out. Why does that bother you?

Side note: did you get that piece of Hattie's Nashville style spicy fried chicken at their new Memphis location I was telling you about?

Peter Porker

• It's skin deep.
« Reply #341 on: November 16, 2019, 06:00:47 pm »

Waiting on today's update.....

JHicks3636

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Razorback forever
« Reply #342 on: November 16, 2019, 06:17:43 pm »

St. John's lost at home to Vermont 70-68

Pat Goss

« Reply #343 on: November 16, 2019, 09:08:28 pm »

same old pattern emerging: less and less points every game  109-87-74-68

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #344 on: November 17, 2019, 08:05:00 am »

I think Mike is a great Razorback no matter where he goes. I'm interested in how his final act plays out. Why does that bother you?

Side note: did you get that piece of Hattie's Nashville style spicy fried chicken at their new Memphis location I was telling you about?

He was a coach hired to do a job. No more, no less. I haven't have a chance to get over to their Memphis location yet. Thanks for the reminder though.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #345 on: November 17, 2019, 10:13:59 am »

same old pattern emerging: less and less points every game  109-87-74-68
Arkansas has done the same thing.. but our defense is for real..

FineAsSwine

« Reply #346 on: November 17, 2019, 12:04:56 pm »

Sorry to disappoint my fans on here. I was out of town on business and didn't get home until late. That's no excuse though. I'll be more prompt next time because I know people are lurking undercover for these tidbits but don't always post because they fear being outed by the anti-Mike patrol.

This is what keeps me going. The little people like you who wait eagerly for each crumb to fall from my keyboard to dull the pangs of hunger for information on the demise and rebirth of Mike The Divider. Never fear sir, I will not fail you. With great power comes great responsibility and I sir am truly humbled by your attention.

FineAsSwine

« Reply #347 on: November 17, 2019, 12:14:23 pm »

Mike Anderson's first loss at St John's came yesterday at the hands of a pretty good Vermont team. If Heron stays in his now two game slump, look for the losses to pile up this year.

A view from the front lines:

https://nypost.com/2019/11/16/furious-st-johns-rally-falls-just-short-in-loss-to-vermont/

So much had gone wrong for most of the second half Saturday, until it all began to go right.

A nine-point deficit was erased in the final three minutes. Rasheem Dunn, in his St. John’s debut, brought the large Carnesecca Arena crowd to its feet with a game-tying 3-pointer that left 19.3 seconds on the clock.

All the momentum was with the Johnnies. In an instant, it was gone.

One flick of Anthony Lamb’s wrist changed everything, ruining a valiant comeback and saddling Mike Anderson with his first loss as St. John’s new coach. Lamb, the reigning America East Player of the Year, sent Vermont home victorious, 70-68, drilling a left elbow pull-up jumpshot with 2.4 seconds left.

“He’s a great player, he hit a tough shot,” said Dunn, the Cleveland State transfer who received his legislative relief waiver Wednesday after being held out of the season’s first three games.

Anderson said the plan was to double team Lamb and force someone else to beat them. But that extra defender came late, and the 6-foot-6 Lamb shot over the slightly smaller Mustapha Heron. On the other end, LJ Figueroa stepped out of bounds attempting a last-second shot. It capped a wild finish that saw St. John’s rally from nine down in the final 3:19 against the America East favorite that has played in two of the previous three NCAA Tournaments. Heron and Dunn sank 3-pointers 11 seconds apart to draw St. John’s even at 68 with 19.3 seconds left after it had made just 3 of 17 attempts from deep.

VanBurenCHog

« Reply #348 on: November 17, 2019, 01:20:15 pm »

Vermont is projected to be a 12 seed and they have an All-American, it took 3/4 of the game for Dunn to get the rust off and when they get their real big man back Dec. 18th they should be rolling, but yes they should’ve won yesterday, if they would’ve they probably would be projected in the field but that hurt their rpi pretty bad.

southeasthog

• Resident Inspector
« Reply #349 on: November 18, 2019, 05:56:51 am »

Vermont is projected to be a 12 seed and they have an All-American, it took 3/4 of the game for Dunn to get the rust off and when they get their real big man back Dec. 18th they should be rolling, but yes they should’ve won yesterday, if they would’ve they probably would be projected in the field but that hurt their rpi pretty bad.

How did losing to a projected tournament team by 2 hurt their rpi "pretty bad"?

Vermont was at 19 going to that game. Everywhere that I've looked, it didn't hurt SJ's RPI at all.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas