General Sports Discussion > NBA Board

P-Bev Sparks Largest Comeback In NBA Playoff History

Pages: (1/1)

edemire:

It was supposed to be another ho-hum Golden State Warriors blowout.

Halfway into the third quarter, the back-to-back NBA champs had former Razorback Patrick Beverley’s Los Angeles Clippers on the ropes. Actually, with a 31-point lead, they had them out of the ring, lying on the arena lobby.

Then, the tides started shifting like never before seen in a postseason NBA game.

http://www.bestofarkansassports.com/patrick-beverley-vexes-kevin-durant-sparks-largest-comeback-in-nba-playoff-history/

Pig in the Pokey:

Harrell, Gallinari, Lou Williams, and P-Bev went crazy and then Landry Shamet with the dagger. Unreal.

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9kyGJMwOmM

247Hog:

Wow what a comeback.  Thanks for sharing.

hogwood:

Love it.

Beverly is a great ambassador for Hawg Ball. Grit, toughness, defensive pride, I think he's great!

sickboy:

--- Quote from: hogwood on April 16, 2019, 10:54:32 am ---Love it.

Beverly is a great ambassador for Hawg Ball. Grit, toughness, defensive pride, I think he's great!

--- End quote ---

He's probably the best defender in the league. If not the best, he's definitely the most tenacious defender.

Biggus Piggus:

Beverley is a real pro, fun to watch. What a game.

HognitiveDissonance:

Dang. I missed out.
Was going to bed and flipped to that game and GS was up 12 with nine minutes left. Thought they would cruise home with the win.

Durant only had eight shots. That's incredible.
Either Durant was going thru the motions, or Beverly completely locked him down.

Auburn:

beverly is so fun to watch.  i love the old school 80s grit and fire

East TN HAWG:

--- Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on April 16, 2019, 12:02:06 pm ---Dang. I missed out.
Was going to bed and flipped to that game and GS was up 12 with nine minutes left. Thought they would cruise home with the win.

Durant only had eight shots. That's incredible.
Either Durant was going thru the motions, or Beverly completely locked him down.

--- End quote ---
Crazy thing is Durant must have 5-6 inches on him. 

hawg4life2202:

Durant had 8 shots, 9 TO’s and 6 fouls (4 offensive). Pretty elite defensive performance.

Hoggish1:

WPS!PB—Take that!

ErieHog:

--- Quote from: East TN HAWG on April 16, 2019, 03:25:12 pm ---Crazy thing is Durant must have 5-6 inches on him. 

--- End quote ---

More like 8 or 9.    Durant is a legit 6'10 3/4,  when measured without shoes.

PBev is 6'1.  Always has been.   He just has an extra two feet of mean-span.

checkraiser88:

Stephen A calls out Durant on first take, they talked about Bev again today! He's certainly getting the exposure now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOeamYt_LlY

UnknownNobody:

--- Quote from: ErieHog on April 16, 2019, 06:39:15 pm ---More like 8 or 9.    Durant is a legit 6'10 3/4,  when measured without shoes.

--- End quote ---

Pick-up games in Chicago can be very physical...Beverley ain't skuret.

247Hog:

I really hope P-Bev comes around the program more than in the past. I love watching the man play ball.

edemire:

--- Quote from: ErieHog on April 16, 2019, 06:39:15 pm ---More like 8 or 9.    Durant is a legit 6'10 3/4,  when measured without shoes.

--- End quote ---

"extra two feet of mean-span"
LOL

moses_007:

I never thought Beverley would make it in the NBA... boy was I wrong...

mckinneyhog5:

I hated when shorter guys guarded me. I'd rather play against a guy that was 2-3 inches taller than me.

ErieHog:

--- Quote from: edemire on April 16, 2019, 09:47:02 pm ---"extra two feet of mean-span"
LOL

--- End quote ---

Its his all-world skill.   The guy is tough, mentally and physically, and won't back down.

pigroots:

Beverly is a hard nosed, mentally tough player whose job is to be a pest and look for trouble. Put him on the other teams best guard or forward and he tries to get in their head. If he's on your team you love him but if you're playing against him he's a punk. Not really an ambassador type but definitely tough and gritty

TebowHater:

13 minute highlight tape NBA put together of PBev's best from this season:

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1118982614117945349

Paul:

--- Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 16, 2019, 09:59:05 am ---Harrell, Gallinari, Lou Williams, and P-Bev went crazy and then Landry Shamet with the dagger. Unreal.

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9kyGJMwOmM
--- End quote ---
sat in a friend's floor seats at the Grizz game.  sat 2 feet caddycorner to the end of the Clippers bench.  Harrell talked and joked with us the whole game but PBev was incredibly intense the whole time

Kevin:

durant showed who was boss last night

Hugo Bezdek:

--- Quote from: hawg4life2202 on April 16, 2019, 04:49:53 pm ---Durant had 8 shots, 9 TO’s and 6 fouls (4 offensive). Pretty elite defensive performance.

--- End quote ---

Should have put Bev on Durant when Hogs and Horns hooked up in 06.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=263540251

EastexHawg:

The Warriors thought the game was over.  Curry sat for most of the third quarter and the 31 point lead mostly evaporated.  By the time Steve Kerr got him back in the game the Clippers had confidence and the momentum.

hog.goblin:

PBev playing well tonight too.  Points, defense, and rebounds.

Clippers need to pick up Portis next season.  They can be the all-NBA intensity/effort team.

311Hog:

crazy game last night, i am not sure the Clips can play better than that. With a nice little bit of help from the bald ref in the last minute and half.  GSW need to stop making enemies with the guys in the stripes because they clearly aren't getting the calls.  That 4 point play was a hilariously bad call.

EastexHawg:

--- Quote from: 311Hog on April 25, 2019, 10:06:25 am ---crazy game last night, i am not sure the Clips can play better than that. With a nice little bit of help from the bald ref in the last minute and half.  GSW need to stop making enemies with the guys in the stripes because they clearly aren't getting the calls.  That 4 point play was a hilariously bad call.

--- End quote ---

It's amazing.  Every time Lou Williams makes an offensive move a foul is called.  I may have seen one foul called out of all the times Curry has driven to the basket.

That said, the Warriors have to take better shots down the stretch.  That 3 pointer that Draymond Green jacked up early in a possession wasn't smart, plus with Curry going 4 of 5 from three I'm not sure why you want Draymond, Iguodala, and McKinnie looking for their threes so much in the first place.  Even Durant wasn't making his threes.

Pages: (1/1)

Go to full version