• 10,348,393 Posts
• 409,497 Topics
• 23,408 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Blayne Toll Crystal Balls  (Read 19099 times)

JaketheSnake

Re: Blayne Toll Crystal Balls
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2019, 09:55:45 am »

Uh nah, quite literally quoted you in JB saying i wish HY had been involved with this search instead of Jerry Jones.

This will be 3, i don't care if you or anyone else wants to give him a mulligan or whatever for 18 but he was the coach. Based on this thread about crystal balls for Toll to OU, and the fact they have decided the best player in the state is not worthy of their time, we will have signed a maximum of 6 of the top 15 the past 3 cycles in state talent.
Jumping ahead much?  Itís April and this class doesnít sign for many months.  We have signed 6 of the top 9 in the past three cycles in state.  And Bohannon was Baylor bound for a long time.

Did Morrisí first true class disappoint you?  Not the first class when he had a little more than a week to get kids lined up... but this almost recent class.

Hogmatic

« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2019, 10:03:36 am »

I care that he talked darn about us on his recruiting trips and is talking darn to our instate targets now.

Wilkins will regret his negativity if he ever wants to return to Arkansas to live. 

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Hogmatic

« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2019, 10:05:26 am »

Uh nah, quite literally quoted you in JB saying i wish HY had been involved with this search instead of Jerry Jones.

This will be 3, i don't care if you or anyone else wants to give him a mulligan or whatever for 18 but he was the coach. Based on this thread about crystal balls for Toll to OU, and the fact they have decided the best player in the state is not worthy of their time, we will have signed a maximum of 6 of the top 15 the past 3 cycles in state talent.

Aren't you the guy that loved Bielema so much that you carried a torch for him last year and dogged our coach?

Hogmatic

« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2019, 10:37:40 am »

I think the commitments are going to be slower this year.  I am excited because it seems like we are continuing to upgrade to better prospects and that is a different dynamic than in year's past on the hill.  We should continue to find the underated kids but the # of 4 stars we are connecting to is great.   We are competing with the BIG boys on many of these kids and we don't have playing time to entice at as many positions as last year.   

I love that we are getting kids on campus because they are going back to their towns and talking up the visit.  Arkansas is an unknown in most States outside of Arkansas.   Yes the Texas kids are uninformed but you would be amazed at how uninformed kids in Memphis, Miss and LA are about Arkansas.  All the result of decades of negative recruiting.   We are getting high 3* and 4* kids from Texas, Memphis, Miss and LA that are surprised about the UofA and talking it up.  This is going to snowball.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2019, 11:24:31 am »

wasnt me, Baw. Not something I would even have said. Im the guy that was relieved we got Morris, he's a perfect fit for us. And I was unimpressed with HY until teh Musclemaniac hire, now Im sold.
 And if we'd hired Willy Gump or Barney Foofoo, i wouldnt GAF as long as he could recruit b/c that means Bert is gone, and if Gump fails too at least he'll leave some talent instead of the scortched turf that Bert left..

TWO FACTS for you since you seem so lost and confused.

1. Hunter Yuracheck did not hire Morris.
2. The recruiting class of 2018 was BERT's CLASS with a mere handful of last minute reaches by Morris. That is NOT "a full cycle" like you said. 2019 was his first (and ONLY) full cycle. Yet, somehow your addled mind came up with " averaging 2 of the top 5 in-state recruits over 3 cycles in a 1 school state is not a good look." which is incorrect, uninformed, biased, and ignorant. Let it go, Fatty is gone and won't ever be a Head Coach ever again, which yo Bertlovin self.

hawginbigd1

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2019, 02:52:38 pm »

Aren't you the guy that loved Bielema so much that you carried a torch for him last year and dogged our coach?
Nope just the guy that thinks the current coach is the one most responsible for the current results than the former coach.

imtad16

« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2019, 03:09:42 pm »

Nope just the guy that thinks the current coach is the one most responsible for the current results than the former coach.

Responsible for the win-loss record yes, but for the state of the program no. QB and OL was in the worst shape it's been since we have been in the SEC.

BaconTheSaddleAgain

« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2019, 03:23:33 pm »

I hope we can fight OU off and keep him in state. I don't care if he plays at Hazen or if we picked him up playing sandlot football in a pasture out south of Des Arc. Guys that are 6'5" 245 and are athletic don't grow on trees.

rtr

« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2019, 10:17:45 pm »

Just not when Bielema was coach, double standard much?  Coach Morris maybe our best recruiter since Frank Broyles. 

Otis Kirk

• Global Moderator
  • All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2019, 10:03:17 am »

If I had to guess right now I too think Toll goes to OU.

island hog

« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2019, 11:00:35 am »

If I had to guess right now I too think Toll goes to OU.
  By all accounts of those who seem to know about Blake, it seems that he and his family are big Hog fans... if this is correct, why would he choose to go anywhere else? 

195bc

« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2019, 12:37:15 pm »

By all accounts of those who seem to know about Blake, it seems that he and his family are big Hog fans... if this is correct, why would he choose to go anywhere else? 

I'm a serious Hog fan. Born and raised in Arkansas and graduated from UofA. If one of my sons was a blue chip player, and he had the potential and desire to play in the NFL, and he had offers from OU or Arkansas, I likely tell him to go to OU. OU probably provides him with a better chance to achieve his goals on the football field. You can't argue with their history (including recent past) and the number of players they put in the NFL. With that said, I'm not a huge fan of central Oklahoma (I've lived there, it's OK, not great). Fayetteville is far better, but college is about preparing for life after college.

Now, my recommendation may be different based on strength of his position group, environment of the program, attitude of the coach, opportunity for playing time, how well Morris improves this year, a particular degree program that my son is interested in that Arkansas excels at, etc. But right now, OU would win out in that decision most of the time.

To take it a step further, if said son also had offers from Notre Dame, Stanford, or similar schools, I advise him to go there over OU. In that case, he would not only be part of an excellent football program, but he would also be receiving an excellent education and remarkable business networking opportunities. Note, as a place, I still prefer Fayetteville over Palo Alto, South Bend, etc. Actually, I prefer Fayetteville over most towns.

hawgfan4life

« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2019, 03:13:57 pm »

If I am a serious Hog fan and I have a son that is offered by OU and AR, I tell him to go to Arkansas.  Once a player is on a D1 team, it doesn't matter nearly as much what team he plays for in order to get drafted and a shot in the NFL.  Fayetteville is one of the top places to live in the nation and NWA provides a tremendous lifetime of opportunity to Arkansas athletes that play for the UofA and do well.  If my kid is wanting to leave the state forever, then I send him to another school that I believe provides the best fit for him at his projected position.  Early playing time and quality of the program and competition are all factors to consider.  I doubt very seriously that OU makes my list. Bottom line is the kid should go to AR if that is the team he and his family love.  It is close, he will appreciate being there, there is ample opportunity to play as early as his ability enables him to play, and he will play against the best competition in D1 football.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2019, 03:15:00 pm »

I'm a serious Hog fan. Born and raised in Arkansas and graduated from UofA. If one of my sons was a blue chip player, and he had the potential and desire to play in the NFL, and he had offers from OU or Arkansas, I likely tell him to go to OU. OU probably provides him with a better chance to achieve his goals on the football field. You can't argue with their history (including recent past) and the number of players they put in the NFL. With that said, I'm not a huge fan of central Oklahoma (I've lived there, it's OK, not great). Fayetteville is far better, but college is about preparing for life after college.

Now, my recommendation may be different based on strength of his position group, environment of the program, attitude of the coach, opportunity for playing time, how well Morris improves this year, a particular degree program that my son is interested in that Arkansas excels at, etc. But right now, OU would win out in that decision most of the time.

To take it a step further, if said son also had offers from Notre Dame, Stanford, or similar schools, I advise him to go there over OU. In that case, he would not only be part of an excellent football program, but he would also be receiving an excellent education and remarkable business networking opportunities. Note, as a place, I still prefer Fayetteville over Palo Alto, South Bend, etc. Actually, I prefer Fayetteville over most towns.
I'm sorry , but that's just sad. I'd tell the kid to go to the school he loves and if teh NFL happens then Great!~ But, it's most likely NOT going to happen so might as well chase your dreams. OU, spit.

navyhog24

« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2019, 03:18:07 pm »

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

Steef

• Idylically living in the Valley of the Cats
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2019, 03:26:07 pm »

Ark vs OU = Ark

Ark vs Stanford = Stanford

Perspective.

island hog

« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2019, 03:29:53 pm »

I don't know... maybe it's just me but I never had the chance to play for the Hogs but if i had, just wearing a helmet with a Hog on it, representing the university would be more than I could ever dream of.  It wouldn't matter what our record was or who the coach was or anything else... just to put that uniform on and run out of the A would a dream come true.  But then again, I bleed Razorback red. 

RaisinHog

« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2019, 03:51:02 pm »

If I am a serious Hog fan and I have a son that is offered by OU and AR, I tell him to go to Arkansas.  Once a player is on a D1 team, it doesn't matter nearly as much what team he plays for in order to get drafted and a shot in the NFL.  Fayetteville is one of the top places to live in the nation and NWA provides a tremendous lifetime of opportunity to Arkansas athletes that play for the UofA and do well.  If my kid is wanting to leave the state forever, then I send him to another school that I believe provides the best fit for him at his projected position.  Early playing time and quality of the program and competition are all factors to consider.  I doubt very seriously that OU makes my list. Bottom line is the kid should go to AR if that is the team he and his family love.  It is close, he will appreciate being there, there is ample opportunity to play as early as his ability enables him to play, and he will play against the best competition in D1 football.

Gross

RaisinHog

« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2019, 03:57:31 pm »

Serious question does OU really send that many more guys to the NFL than we do ? I mean I know the big 12 in general doesn't send all that many

31to6

« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2019, 04:02:04 pm »

Serious question does OU really send that many more guys to the NFL than we do ? I mean I know the big 12 in general doesn't send all that many
We have 21 on rosters. They have 32.

So about 50% more.

Fact of the matter is that if you have NFL talent you are going to be seen at either school.

Indeed, I would argue that you are at a higher risk of languishing in development behind other players at OU right now.

Any NFL-ready body is going to get massive focus by our staff.

Steef

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2019, 04:32:02 pm »

Anyone who is NFL worthy, will get  looked at as a Hog.

There used to be a valid argument about TV exposure for major programs, but with every game on somewhere every week, that doesn't apply any more.

And with combines, this is a non issue.

Jerry Rice went to Miss Valley State Univ. for crying out loud.

You're gonna be there at least three years, year round. Go where you'll be happy.

RaisinHog

« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2019, 04:37:50 pm »

We have 21 on rosters. They have 32.

So about 50% more.

Fact of the matter is that if you have NFL talent you are going to be seen at either school.

Indeed, I would argue that you are at a higher risk of languishing in development behind other players at OU right now.

Any NFL-ready body is going to get massive focus by our staff.

That's about what I figured .. obviously they are competing for NC's and we are not real close to that but as far as NFL goes if your good enough they will find you .. and everyone always talks about the stanford degrees and stuff but go look most elite college athletes college major most of them are getting a do you want fries with that degrees . I sports medicine or criminal justice degree from stanford has just as little value as one from Arkansas

UnknownNobody

« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2019, 06:06:18 pm »

I don't know... maybe it's just me but I never had the chance to play for the Hogs but if i had, just wearing a helmet with a Hog on it, representing the university would be more than I could ever dream of.  It wouldn't matter what our record was or who the coach was or anything else... just to put that uniform on and run out of the A would a dream come true.  But then again, I bleed Razorback red.

When I was a Senior in HS I wanted nothing more than to leave the state however if I had a scholarship offer from the UA it would have never been a question I would have gone to the UA.

hvsupastar

« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2019, 07:28:36 pm »

His measurables are like Jamario Bell but he doesnít play like Bell at all. Bell wanted to play wide receiver and always avoided contact on defense, Toll is ultra physical. Would be a huge loss for Arkansas and blow to Chad Morris and staff if he goes elsewhere

WOOPIGDOOIE

• Senior
« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2019, 07:32:48 pm »

His measurables are like Jamario Bell but he doesnít play like Bell at all. Bell wanted to play wide receiver and always avoided contact on defense, Toll is ultra physical. Would be a huge loss for Arkansas and blow to Chad Morris and staff if he goes elsewhere
Blow to Chad Morris by losing Toll? No, no its not. I would love for Toll to be a hog, but its clear that he isnt on the top of the board for this staff. They are in the running for bigger fish at that position

hvsupastar

« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2019, 07:39:22 pm »

Blow to Chad Morris by losing Toll? No, no its not. I would love for Toll to be a hog, but its clear that he isnt on the top of the board for this staff. They are in the running for bigger fish at that position

They have a full court press on Toll. If they lose the top kid in the state who they want, itís a huge blow

cpohog

« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2019, 07:51:30 pm »

The only true recruiting class of this staff was very impressive by Ark standards. If this staff wants to fill up on Texas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama high school athletes who play against much higher talent every Friday night than an Ark kid, I am good with that.
The only way the Hogs get back to winning is to take the best talent available regardless of where it comes from.

High school athletes that play against better talent ever Friday are better prepared to play in the SEC.

Some people have a hard time accepting this.....SOME people want to take Arkansas kids regardless.....and trust me there are some SMALL school Arkansas kids that can play in the SEC...not many but some..

WOOPIGDOOIE

• Senior
« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2019, 08:01:22 pm »

They have a full court press on Toll. If they lose the top kid in the state who they want, itís a huge blow
Full court press? Seeing how the staff didnt even offer until several other SEC schools offered, i highly doubt it.

And he might be the highest rated in the state currently, but the staff doesn't think he is the top in the state. He is a 6'5 kid that benches a lot and doesn't really even have a dedicated position. They offered the ones they thought were the best early and locked up the DE/LB they wanted the most. And by his recent camp score, it shows the staff was correct in that assessment. 

Seebs

« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2019, 08:13:47 pm »

I pray you have daughters and they go to A&M

navyhog24

« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2019, 08:48:50 pm »

Full court press? Seeing how the staff didnt even offer until several other SEC schools offered, i highly doubt it.

And he might be the highest rated in the state currently, but the staff doesn't think he is the top in the state. He is a 6'5 kid that benches a lot and doesn't really even have a dedicated position. They offered the ones they thought were the best early and locked up the DE/LB they wanted the most. And by his recent camp score, it shows the staff was correct in that assessment. 

I will definitely trust a Steve Caldwell evaluation over some random recruiting analyst's or HV poster's evaluation.

UnknownNobody

« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2019, 08:49:58 pm »

If Toll wants to be here he will but it seems we have other needs Stewart and Sims are higher on our board. I think they saw Toll as a TE but he wants to play DE, Chavis may not think he has the speed.

WOOPIGDOOIE

• Senior
« Reply #81 on: April 15, 2019, 09:03:46 pm »

If Toll wants to be here he will but it seems we have other needs Stewart and Sims are higher on our board. I think they saw Toll as a TE but he wants to play DE, Chavis may not think he has the speed.
They love having speed on the ends. Just look at Soli and Williams from the 2019 class. They are on a whole other level as Toll at DE..

195bc

« Reply #82 on: April 15, 2019, 09:08:09 pm »

I'm sorry , but that's just sad. I'd tell the kid to go to the school he loves and if teh NFL happens then Great!~ But, it's most likely NOT going to happen so might as well chase your dreams. OU, spit.

Then youíre doing your child disservice.

UnknownNobody

« Reply #83 on: April 15, 2019, 09:21:34 pm »

They love having speed on the ends. Just look at Soli and Williams from the 2019 class. They are on a whole other level as Toll at DE..

And they have raved about Gregory's speed and quickness at 280lbs.

195bc

« Reply #84 on: April 15, 2019, 09:22:30 pm »

Ark vs OU = Ark

Ark vs Stanford = Stanford

Perspective.

Current players in the NFL: Arkansas 13, OU 23.
Record over the past five years: Arkansas 28-35, OU 44-13.
Playoff appearances in past five years: Arkansas (not a sniff), OU (3).
Heisman winners in past five years: Arkansas (nothing close), OU (2).
Conference titles in past five years: Arkansas (nothing since the Ď80s), OU (4).
Top 10 recruiting classes ... you want me to continue.

OU is rated, by some metrics, as the greatest college football program in history.

Thatís perspective. The inability of some to admit another program is better, and provides players with a better stage to succeed, is sad.

195bc

« Reply #85 on: April 15, 2019, 09:34:53 pm »

Academically, A&M is far superior to Arkansas. And their football program has been better since Petrino screwed up. I strongly considered going to A&M.

Folks, Iíve invested as much or more into Arkansas football than most here. I want them to win as much as anyone. But Iím also not blind to the facts. As a major university, Arkansas is very average academically. As a P5 football program, especially since we joined the SEC, Arkansas is average at best. Weíve finished in the top 25 FIVE TIMES SINCE 1990. That may be below average.

Randohoggie

• Varsity
« Reply #86 on: April 15, 2019, 10:00:04 pm »

Conference titles in past five years: Arkansas (nothing since the Ď80s), OU (4).

OU is rated, by some metrics, as the greatest college football program in history.

Thatís perspective. The inability of some to admit another program is better, and provides players with a better stage to succeed, is sad.

Not only sad, but weird, that an Arkansas fan would go so far out of their way to kiss ass on OU.  I believe what has been said is that you'll get just as much exposure at Arkansas as you will at OU and if you are good enough, you will get your NFL shot.  If you would still prefer OU, that's fine, but if you prefer Arkansas, there is no reason to go to OU for a "better shot."

31to6

« Reply #87 on: April 15, 2019, 10:22:10 pm »

Not only sad, but weird, that an Arkansas fan would go so far out of their way to kiss ass on OU. 
On our recruiting board.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 11:41:01 pm by 31to6 »

RaisinHog

« Reply #88 on: April 15, 2019, 10:24:10 pm »

The definition of fan is fanatic .. no fanatic of the razorbacks would give a rats cahoot about any of the above .. so you may like the hogs and you may make donations  but you are no fan sir.

Steef

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2019, 10:30:20 pm »

All of your stats...have absolutely nothing to do with my point.

Steef

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #90 on: April 15, 2019, 10:31:31 pm »

Let's dial back the personal insults please.

texas tush hog

« Reply #91 on: April 15, 2019, 11:01:11 pm »

I care that he talked darn about us on his recruiting trips and is talking darn to our instate targets now.

He needs to be personna non grata along with his family.

imtad16

« Reply #92 on: April 16, 2019, 12:58:49 am »

Academically, A&M is far superior to Arkansas. And their football program has been better since Petrino screwed up. I strongly considered going to A&M.

Folks, I’ve invested as much or more into Arkansas football than most here. I want them to win as much as anyone. But I’m also not blind to the facts. As a major university, Arkansas is very average academically. As a P5 football program, especially since we joined the SEC, Arkansas is average at best. We’ve finished in the top 25 FIVE TIMES SINCE 1990. That may be below average.

Thank you for putting us in our place. (sarcasm)

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #93 on: April 16, 2019, 08:44:57 am »

LOL

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #94 on: April 16, 2019, 08:45:30 am »

Then youíre doing your child disservice.
Not even close. Give it a rest, Stacey.

010HogFan

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • I Got Dat Wood Coach
« Reply #95 on: April 16, 2019, 08:51:12 am »

A&M isn't that much better than Arkansas academically. This guy is talking like it's Harvard or something. A&M's most prestigious degrees are in Meat Science and Agriculture. Oh wow. Sounds about like Arkansas, but a business degree from the U of A's Walton College has got to be worth more than one from A&M.

hoggusamoungus

« Reply #96 on: April 16, 2019, 08:59:19 am »

I dont think it will be that big of a loss, sorry guys.  When was the last time a Arkansas class 2A football player been a difference maker for the hogs? IMO he is the next Jamario Bell.

I would guess Mitch Petrus from Carlisle.  Came in as a walk-on and eventually made all conference as a guard.

hvsupastar

« Reply #97 on: April 16, 2019, 09:04:09 am »

Full court press? Seeing how the staff didnt even offer until several other SEC schools offered, i highly doubt  And by his recent camp score, it shows the staff was correct in that assessment. 

He was the highest rated defense line prospect at the opening LOL

Boared Out Of My Mind

• Varsity
« Reply #98 on: April 16, 2019, 09:05:54 am »

Just doesn't make sense if you're a die-hard Hog fan growing up from the boonies like this kid and then choose to go to blOwU. Sucks losing in-state kids  :-\ You have guys like Hill and Tenpenny that choose big programs, then Luke Jones (even though he's coming back) another big program. Then Wilkins (what an ass) who is related to an all-century Hog player and he acts like that and spurns the Hogs for OU? And now ANOTHER one??? C'mon now...

hvsupastar

« Reply #99 on: April 16, 2019, 09:07:32 am »

Just doesn't make sense if you're a die-hard Hog fan growing up from the boonies like this kid and then choose to go to blOwU. Sucks losing in-state kids  :-\ You have guys like Hill and Tenpenny that choose big programs, then Luke Jones (even though he's coming back) another big program. Then Wilkins (what an ass) who is related to an all-century Hog player and he acts like that and spurns the Hogs for OU? And now ANOTHER one??? C'mon now...

Maybe he reads hogville and realizes the "die hard" fans don't think he is really good enough to play here anyways.  Just a thought.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas