• 10,312,403 Posts
• 408,486 Topics
• 23,342 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Luke Jones  (Read 13318 times)

Roy Bacon

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: Luke Jones
« Reply #100 on: April 15, 2019, 07:16:55 am »

He probably isn't very good or wouldn't be transferring.. plus if he was to good for us a year ago .. he can suck it .. hard pass for me

yeah, probably like Ryan Mallett.

UnknownNobody

« Reply #101 on: April 15, 2019, 07:38:54 am »

Does Otis have any info on if he's considering AR in his transfer plans or where he's going?

Otis said on RN he wants to trans to the UA, that he chose ND
because of the coaching change and because he had a good relationship
with the OL coach at ND. The ND coach then left right after he signed.

Apparently there is mutual interest, itís just about scholarship numbers
right now.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 09:13:44 am by UnknownNobody »

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Piggyback78

« Reply #102 on: April 15, 2019, 08:35:34 am »

Otis said on RN he wants to trans to the UA, that he chose ND
because of the coaching change and because he had a good
the OL coach at ND. The ND coach then left right after he signed.

Apparently there is mutual interest, itís just about scholarship numbers
right now.

We have one spot left right?

King Kong

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #103 on: April 15, 2019, 08:50:25 am »

We have 2 because Smith will enroll in August and count for next year signing class. Iím hoping for Jones we can do something similar.

But Morris confirmed in a press they have 2 to give for this summer looking at LB and DB. I personally hoping one is used for a GT OL. Preferably a Center or Guard

HogJowler

« Reply #104 on: April 15, 2019, 09:02:10 am »

He probably isn't very good or wouldn't be transferring.. plus if he was to good for us a year ago .. he can suck it .. hard pass for me

Do you eat lemons for breakfast?  I can't believe how judgmental some people are about the decisions of 18 year old kids.

Did you not ever change your mind at that age?  Just because he chose another very good prestigious school out of HS in no way implies Ark was not good enough.  He made a decision.

Not playing OL as a true freshmen likewise does not imply that he is not any good.  Most power 5 schools don't play freshmen lineman except in desperation.

Go back to bed and get up on the other side and see if your heart restarts.

Welcome home Luke.

UnknownNobody

« Reply #105 on: April 15, 2019, 09:10:54 am »

IIRC Morris said two in a Spring PC

HogJowler

« Reply #106 on: April 15, 2019, 09:15:18 am »

Do you eat lemons for breakfast?  I can't believe how judgmental some people are about the decisions of 18 year old kids.

Did you not ever change your mind at that age?  Just because he chose another very good prestigious school out of HS in no way implies Ark was not good enough.  He made a decision.

Not playing OL as a true freshmen likewise does not imply that he is not any good.  Most power 5 schools don't play freshmen lineman accept in desperation.

Welcome home Luke.[

[/quote]
I rather strongly tend to want to pass on those in-state players who choose to go elsewhere to play their college ball.  If we were not good enough for them to begin with, - then let them continue to go elsewhere.

My only perceived possible exception might be for those "home boys" who had a verifiable, legitimate personal beef of some kind with a former Arkansas coaching regime which is no longer here.  THAT former situation might be a suitable basis for reconsideration IN MY BOOK.

Otherwise, pass.

Like that old country song title; - - - "If I Can't Be Your #1, then #2 On You".      8)

Were you born and raised in Arkansas?  If nor what are you doing working and living here.  Your home state not good enough for you?  Adults follow job opportunities out of state all the time.  Doesn't mean they hate where they are.

rzrbackhogfan

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #107 on: April 15, 2019, 01:08:44 pm »

Not playing OL as a true freshmen likewise does not imply that he is not any good.  Most power 5 schools don't play freshmen lineman except in desperation.

Welcome home Luke.

EXACTLY!!!  I would take a O line made up of the 3rd string from Clemson and AL.  I think its obvious ND had a better O line than we did at AR. 

oldfart

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #108 on: April 15, 2019, 04:16:07 pm »

forgive me for asking at this late date but ive been away from hogville due to some needed surgery (fine now, thanks for asking!! :)) is he eligible to play this fall? would be great to have him in summer camp working out with the others and then jumping into fall practice...

UnknownNobody

« Reply #109 on: April 15, 2019, 04:21:04 pm »

forgive me for asking at this late date but ive been away from hogville due to some needed surgery (fine now, thanks for asking!! :)) is he eligible to play this fall? would be great to have him in summer camp working out with the others and then jumping into fall practice...

Only if he gets an exemption from the NCAA but since they seem to be giving those out like candy...

oldfart

• Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #110 on: April 15, 2019, 04:25:13 pm »

Only if he gets an exemption from the NCAA but since they seem to be giving those out like candy...

oh thats right he is not a graduate transfer...  brain fart :)

he would not want to be a walkon as he would have to wait two years before being eligible for a scholarship (if i recalll correctly)... could he blueshirt this fall?  as bad as we need good OL i would certainly try to find a way to get him on board

RaisinHog

« Reply #111 on: April 15, 2019, 04:31:59 pm »

Ok screw it feelings aside .. let's get him

Otis Kirk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #112 on: April 15, 2019, 04:33:41 pm »

No he would have to sit out a year, but that would be OK. Could still practice and then have 3 years to play 3 after the redshirt year. He is good player. He wants to be a Hog and the Hogs are working on it. The issue with Arkansas is they have 2 scholies left in 2019 and want a LB and DB with those. That has the RB from Arizona State and kicker from UTSA not going on scholie immediately.

UnknownNobody

« Reply #113 on: April 15, 2019, 04:34:00 pm »

oh thats right he is not a graduate transfer...  brain fart :)

he would not want to be a walkon as he would have to wait two years before being eligible for a scholarship (if i recalll correctly)... could he blueshirt this fall?  as bad as we need good OL i would certainly try to find a way to get him on board

From what Otis said last night it would seem there is mutual interest but Morris & Co are prioritizing LB and DB right now. I guess if they canít find a suitable LB n DB then Jones would be next.

• Woo Pig Sooie, brotha!
« Reply #114 on: April 15, 2019, 07:55:05 pm »

Luke is a good person. Heís a good player, and would likely help the team. If thatís not enough for you to support him if he comes here than I donít think your priorities are right.

Arthur pigby sellers.

• Senior
« Reply #115 on: April 15, 2019, 09:11:58 pm »

From what Otis said last night it would seem there is mutual interest but Morris & Co are prioritizing LB and DB right now. I guess if they canít find a suitable LB n DB then Jones would be next.
Hard to believe we need any positions more than OL. 

UnknownNobody

« Reply #116 on: April 15, 2019, 09:18:02 pm »

Hard to believe we need any positions more than OL.

OL isn't a position that often gives immediate help, they tend to need years of development in a system. I hope we are able to get Jones but he would at best help with numbers and depth next year.

RedRock

« Reply #117 on: April 15, 2019, 09:59:58 pm »

So he red shirted at Notre Dame, got stronger, more mature.  And he wants to play for his home state.  I'm all in on this guy.

ricepig

« Reply #118 on: April 16, 2019, 07:56:53 am »

Heís coming, the question is when will he enroll, and will he get a waiver and be immediately eligible. I say call Thomas Mars!

King Kong

« Reply #119 on: April 16, 2019, 08:24:14 am »

Heís coming, the question is when will he enroll, and will he get a waiver and be immediately eligible. I say call Thomas Mars!

NCAAís boggy man.

I think Luke would be the starter at center at some point next season if eligible

WooPig90

« Reply #120 on: April 16, 2019, 09:31:43 am »

No he would have to sit out a year, but that would be OK. Could still practice and then have 3 years to play 3 after the redshirt year. He is good player. He wants to be a Hog and the Hogs are working on it. The issue with Arkansas is they have 2 scholies left in 2019 and want a LB and DB with those. That has the RB from Arizona State and kicker from UTSA not going on scholie immediately.

The way that the NCAA is handing out waivers, you just never know lol

Pork Twain

« Reply #121 on: April 16, 2019, 10:21:05 am »

Come on home

010HogFan

• I Got Dat Wood Coach
« Reply #122 on: April 16, 2019, 10:27:04 am »

The way that the NCAA is handing out waivers, you just never know lol

we don't get those kind of breaks, we are Arkansas

247Hog

« Reply #123 on: April 16, 2019, 10:32:11 am »

Houston Nutt sucks.

If Luke can help the team, i hope the staff gives him a chance to do it.

hogsfan31

« Reply #124 on: April 16, 2019, 04:35:26 pm »

Iíll welcome him with open arms. Come on home Luke! Just create a dire emergency and you should be all set with the NCAA waiver.

ricepig

« Reply #125 on: April 16, 2019, 04:50:53 pm »

Iíll welcome him with open arms. Come on home Luke! Just create a dire emergency and you should be all set with the NCAA waiver.
There is a dire emergency, we need a center!

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Nadine Coyle shakin it for the Hogs!!!!
« Reply #126 on: April 16, 2019, 07:27:05 pm »

It would certainly help. Don't know if he is any better than Ty Clary, but it would be good to have someone on the team who had some familiarity with the position other than who we have. And by the way, this isn't meant as a knock to Clary. I think he is a more natural OG and perhaps a really good OG, he just might not possess the skill-set to be a Center, which is a really tough position to play and execute at a high level. Again, I don't know if Jones possesses that skill set either, but we certainly need more depth at that position in any case.

presidenthog

« Reply #127 on: April 16, 2019, 10:38:55 pm »

It would certainly help. Don't know if he is any better than Ty Clary, but it would be good to have someone on the team who had some familiarity with the position other than who we have. And by the way, this isn't meant as a knock to Clary. I think he is a more natural OG and perhaps a really good OG, he just might not possess the skill-set to be a Center, which is a really tough position to play and execute at a high level. Again, I don't know if Jones possesses that skill set either, but we certainly need more depth at that position in any case.

I just want to say that I didn't watch the spring game that closely, but I don't remember any bad snaps like last year.

Hopefully he has practiced it enough by now. I was not down on him last year about it. He just got told to do something he had never done before with live bullets flying.

I am glad we are getting luke. If anything it gives us depth. If he takes up one of our schollies this year I expect we use the last one on a LB over a DB. if a DB is a NFL talent, and a LB we are looking at is not then I could see us going with the DB.

Piggyback78

« Reply #128 on: April 17, 2019, 10:51:10 am »

Ain't that the truth!

Arkiebarkie

• Varsity
« Reply #129 on: April 17, 2019, 11:09:13 am »

Bo Limmer is going to play center I understand. He is tough as heck, he will be here this summer.

UnknownNobody

« Reply #130 on: April 17, 2019, 11:12:26 am »

Bo Limmer is going to play center I understand. He is tough as heck, he will be here this summer.

Help is on the way, problem is it's young and inexperienced.

navyhog24

« Reply #131 on: April 17, 2019, 11:23:48 am »

Ricky Stromberg is one to keep an eye on as well at Center.

WOOPIGDOOIE

• Senior
« Reply #132 on: April 17, 2019, 11:32:55 am »

Iíd be surprised if beaux plays center, he is more of a tackle. Stromberg appears to be the center in the 2019 class.

YellCountyHog21

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #133 on: April 18, 2019, 01:18:54 pm »

Luke Jones transferring to Arkansas, per his Twitter

ricepig

jgphillips3

• Where are they now the little people of Stonehenge
« Reply #135 on: April 18, 2019, 01:24:57 pm »

Definitely a position of need and Jones is a quality player.  Glad to see him come home and help stabilize what has been a very rocky position since Rogers ďretiredĒ.

UnknownNobody

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #137 on: April 18, 2019, 01:38:02 pm »

I hope he applies for a waiver and is eligible in the fall because the Hogs really need him.

Pork Ranger

« Reply #138 on: April 18, 2019, 01:38:50 pm »

Oughtta help with the scouting report when we head to South Bend next year

Athog

« Reply #139 on: April 18, 2019, 01:39:15 pm »

Are you serious?  I hope this is a joke!

navyhog24

« Reply #140 on: April 18, 2019, 01:50:19 pm »

I hope he gets the waiver and can take over at Center.

Adam Stokes

« Reply #141 on: April 18, 2019, 02:03:47 pm »

If he needs a sick family member near home excuse to get the waiver, I'm willing to donate my grandma.

Pork Ranger

« Reply #142 on: April 18, 2019, 02:09:31 pm »

I hope he gets the waiver and can take over at Center.

Whatís he gonna use for basis?

navyhog24

« Reply #143 on: April 18, 2019, 02:14:26 pm »

I have no clue, but the NCAA seems to be giving them out like candy lately.

King Kong

« Reply #144 on: April 18, 2019, 02:16:09 pm »

If he gets a lawyer he will get it. Tate Martell got a waiver and had no basis

little pigee

• I'll get back to you on that...
« Reply #145 on: April 18, 2019, 02:20:39 pm »

Welcome home, Luke!

UnknownNobody

« Reply #146 on: April 18, 2019, 02:27:27 pm »

If he gets a lawyer he will get it. Tate Martell got a waiver and had no basis

The NCAA is scared to death of being sued because they won't win and that will open a huge can of worms.

ricepig

« Reply #147 on: April 18, 2019, 02:28:47 pm »

The church burned? Seriously, you donít need a valid excuse these days, so, with our history, no bueno.

010HogFan

• I Got Dat Wood Coach
« Reply #148 on: April 18, 2019, 02:50:39 pm »

Great news! Perfect timing too. We need O-line depth however we can get it.

TexHog188

• Touchdown Arkansas!
« Reply #149 on: April 18, 2019, 03:05:35 pm »

He can say he is disturbed by the scandals involving pedo-priests. Shoo-in.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas