Non Sports Forums > Hunting, Fishing and other Outdoor Sports

Coaches Search and Big Bass Tournament

Pages: (1/1)

RockyMtnHog:

A coaching search is very comparable to a Big Bass Tournament.  There are a lot of coaches available just like there are a lot of bass in the lake.  There are only a few elite coaches just like there are only a few lunker bass.  It takes a certain lure to catch that lunker bass and the elite coach can be caught with a lure that it is too good to pass up.

Arkansas wants to lure the very best coach that they can land.  The elite coach may sniff the lure but unless it is a knock your socks off offer, it goes back in the tackle box.  Arkansas needs to prove that it wants to be a prominent program again by luring and catching that grand slam home run hire.  Arkansas needs to put its money on the hook to catch that 10 lbs bass to become a prominent program again.

HogPharmer:

This is the most Arkansas analogy I've ever seen...

It was good enough to lure me in though.

Ex-Trumpet:

Dynamite.

HognitiveDissonance:

Any fishing story is incomplete without lament for 'the one that got away'...

Boarsnest:

It is not how deep you fish but how you wiggle your worm! Sorry wrong analogy for this situation that was for, well never mind!!!

RockyMtnHog:

--- Quote from: Boarsnest on April 04, 2019, 08:15:04 pm ---It is not how deep you fish but how you wiggle your worm! Sorry wrong analogy for this situation that was for, well never mind!!!

--- End quote ---

That was good!  I like it!

RockyMtnHog:

--- Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on April 04, 2019, 05:34:23 pm ---Any fishing story is incomplete without lament for 'the one that got away'...

--- End quote ---

You always set the hook deeper especially when you've caught the tournament winner.

Pages: (1/1)

Go to full version