• 10,451,015 Posts
• 412,596 Topics
• 23,583 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Not necessarily Hog related WBB news  (Read 3279 times)

psycHOGlogist

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Skepticism is a virtue.
Not necessarily Hog related WBB news
« on: March 26, 2019, 03:03:26 pm »

GA Tech fired their coach today after an investigation turned up accusations — from every single student-athlete who was interviewed — of emotional player abuse.

There have been several changes in the coaching ranks, but I’m mentioning this one because they have a former Arkansas Banshee kid on the roster, Liz Dixon from Memphis, who had a nice relationship with the Hog staff (she had committed to GA Tech before CMN took over).

Just pondering about whether she might transfer. She is a 6’4”/6’5” very athletic post who made the All-ACC Freshman team. Absolutely ZERO inside information. I know that she was excited about going to school in Atlanta, so she may not transfer, but ... I’m keeping my eye on it.

logic

Re: Not necessarily Hog related WBB news
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 07:37:51 pm »

GA Tech fired their coach today after an investigation turned up accusations — from every single student-athlete who was interviewed — of emotional player abuse.

There have been several changes in the coaching ranks, but I’m mentioning this one because they have a former Arkansas Banshee kid on the roster, Liz Dixon from Memphis, who had a nice relationship with the Hog staff (she had committed to GA Tech before CMN took over).

Just pondering about whether she might transfer. She is a 6’4”/6’5” very athletic post who made the All-ACC Freshman team. Absolutely ZERO inside information. I know that she was excited about going to school in Atlanta, so she may not transfer, but ... I’m keeping my eye on it.
Thank you for the info.  Per http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/221658 she was a 5 star player.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

samhog49

• Band Nerd
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 08:28:28 pm »

Yes psycHOGlogist that's a good find concerning Liz Dixon, she was not only a great player for the Banshees but just a really good kid. I'm not sure but I think the two sports talk guys that I listened to on Monday, Average Bros show also are the same guys who run the Banshees organization in Fayetteville. They had Coach Neighbors on again this past Monday talking about the Ladybacks super win this past Sunday and the up coming game with TCU.  From what I understand the Banshee program is loading up again with some of the top players in the region who have caught the eye of several college coaches.

BWS

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 09:34:23 pm »

This seems to be a growing trend in women's basketball. Within the last few years, coaches from Wichita State, Nebraska, Loyola, Illinois and others have been fired over verbal and mental abuse allegations. Currently, there's a abuse allegation going on with Northern Kentucky's coach. Meanwhile, these type of allegations are rarely heard in men's basketball. The most notable was Dave Rich, the former Rutgers coach. Why are these allegations more common in women's sports?

psycHOGlogist

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2019, 01:12:23 am »

Yes psycHOGlogist that's a good find concerning Liz Dixon, she was not only a great player for the Banshees but just a really good kid. I'm not sure but I think the two sports talk guys that I listened to on Monday, Average Bros show also are the same guys who run the Banshees organization in Fayetteville. They had Coach Neighbors on again this past Monday talking about the Ladybacks super win this past Sunday and the up coming game with TCU.  From what I understand the Banshee program is loading up again with some of the top players in the region who have caught the eye of several college coaches.

The Banshees’ facebook and twitter feeds have recently posted pics of early season practices that look to include several players who had played elsewhere last year, but seem to have come back to the Banshee fold. I think that’s good news for player development in the state. Keep us posted on what Nate and Lee have going, Samhog!

samhog49

• Band Nerd
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2019, 06:40:47 pm »

I was watching channel 7 sports tonight and their awards banquet and the first young lady Mr. Steve Sullivan introduced was Miss Jersey Wolfenbarger. I believe she was at the Banshee's practice this past weekend along with a bunch of top notched players from all over, NW Arkansas, Oklahoma, and I'm not sure where else. I had seen on twitter that she was adding her talent to this special group of young ladies, Miss Goforth, Harjo, Taylen, Collins and Embry all have Arkansas offers and play for the Banshee's. Man if only!!!!!!

AlmaHog2011

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2019, 08:31:05 pm »

Collins at Muldrow? I have heard she was a lock for OK State. Her dad played there. She is a good all around player with great handles and plays tough defense.

I hope we can pull her she is a winning type player with a lot of talent. Can't shoot at this point but can always improve. The Northside kid Wolfenbarger is also a winner and she is just getting better all the time. Mike is doing work I have seen both these kids play a lot and we can win big if he can get some low post size and I think he will.

Coaches who are abusive just disgust me! It's one thing to be tough but to make kids miserable on a daily basis is terrible. Why would anybody think kids will work harder or play harder when being abused? It doesn't work and never will. Administrators aren't doing their job it's their job to monitor these coaches.

AlmaHog2011

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2019, 08:31:37 pm »

Banshees are they the top AAU team in Arkansas?

CandleStick

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2019, 08:40:10 pm »

Collins at Muldrow? I have heard she was a lock for OK State. Her dad played there. She is a good all around player with great handles and plays tough defense.

I hope we can pull her she is a winning type player with a lot of talent. Can't shoot at this point but can always improve. The Northside kid Wolfenbarger is also a winner and she is just getting better all the time. Mike is doing work I have seen both these kids play a lot and we can win big if he can get some low post size and I think he will.

Coaches who are abusive just disgust me! It's one thing to be tough but to make kids miserable on a daily basis is terrible. Why would anybody think kids will work harder or play harder when being abused? It doesn't work and never will. Administrators aren't doing their job it's their job to monitor these coaches.

The banshees have a coach that loves to yell. I believe he's out of Oklahoma. He's their Oklahoma connection for those kids.

CandleStick

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2019, 08:41:02 pm »

Banshees are they the top AAU team in Arkansas?

I would say they are one of the better ones.

Mavs elite
Mavs Ludgood
Woodz elite
Dazzlers
Banshees

All good programs

pigroots

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2019, 08:47:29 pm »

CMN is going to attract great talent in the coming years. Good to have a guy like him at the helm. Good times coming for the Ladybacks

AlmaHog2011

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2019, 08:48:44 pm »

CMN is going to attract great talent in the coming years. Good to have a guy like him at the helm. Good times coming for the Ladybacks

Yep he lets them have fun and they play hard. I really think this year will help him tremendously.

AlmaHog2011

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2019, 08:49:14 pm »

The banshees have a coach that loves to yell. I believe he's out of Oklahoma. He's their Oklahoma connection for those kids.

Do you know his name? Where does he coach?

CandleStick

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2019, 09:08:43 pm »

Do you know his name? Where does he coach?

I do not

samhog49

• Band Nerd
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2019, 09:24:54 pm »

I failed to mention earlier and it was not intentional, but the Banshee's have a very talented 9th grade young lady, Karley Johnson from Oklahoma who posses the talent to win and the desire to work hard to attain her goals. I'm thankful that Arkansas has a coach like Coach Neighbors whose personality and demeanor are about relationships and treating his players with respect and dignity. Hopefully he will be able to sign some of these young ladies into becoming LadyBacks. Go Hogs!!!! 

samhog49

• Band Nerd
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2019, 09:45:38 pm »

I DM'd the Banshee's about the coach from OK and they replied he is Mr. Brian Morgan, he is the director of OK/Coach of 17U. Hope that helps.

psycHOGlogist

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2019, 01:03:15 am »

I failed to mention earlier and it was not intentional, but the Banshee's have a very talented 9th grade young lady, Karley Johnson from Oklahoma who posses the talent to win and the desire to work hard to attain her goals. I'm thankful that Arkansas has a coach like Coach Neighbors whose personality and demeanor are about relationships and treating his players with respect and dignity. Hopefully he will be able to sign some of these young ladies into becoming LadyBacks. Go Hogs!!!! 

Karley Johnson is playing with the Banshees this year? That’s great - she was with one of the OK AAU squads last year, I believe (Swish?). She has a Hog offer - and it was one of the first, if not THE first, that she got. She is a baller. 

logic

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2019, 03:18:10 am »

This seems to be a growing trend in women's basketball. Within the last few years, coaches from Wichita State, Nebraska, Loyola, Illinois and others have been fired over verbal and mental abuse allegations. Currently, there's a abuse allegation going on with Northern Kentucky's coach. Meanwhile, these type of allegations are rarely heard in men's basketball. The most notable was Dave Rich, the former Rutgers coach. Why are these allegations more common in women's sports?
Do you need to ask why?

I can understand that coaches want to win and lose patience with players that don't appear to be putting forth enough effort. Regardless, it's very difficult to force someone to put forth maximum effort with yelling and criticism.  However, that might be a way to get marginal players to quit which could be the coach's intent.

In any event, it is better when players are self motivated. And, girls especially are more likely to try their best when receiving encouragement and praise rather than criticism.

Screamster

• Varsity
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2019, 09:18:25 am »

Girls share with their parents, most boys do not. You can coach them just as hard but they better know you love/care about them! In 25 years of coaching both boys and girls, I had very few conferences with boys parents, too many to count in girls.

psycHOGlogist

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2019, 11:50:12 am »

Looks as though Dixon IS in fact looking around, at least.

https://twitter.com/Raoul_000/status/1114190426519609344?s=19

psycHOGlogist

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2019, 03:21:21 pm »

Was just poking around a bit on Raoul's WBB blog. He has a transfer list there - some very big names have apparently put themselves into the portal - some from schools undergoing coaching changes (not just the Georgia Tech folks - Dixon, Fletcher, and Balogun - referenced above and elsewhere), and some that I assume are playing time related:

They include:

Evina Westbrook - SO, 6' G, U Tennessee (their best player last year, ESPN's #2 from 2017)
Destiny Littleton - SO, 5'9" G, U Texas (ESPN #33 from 2017)
Kianna Smith - SO, 6' G, Cal (ESPN #17 from 2017)
Taja Cole - RS JR, 5'7" G, UGA (ESPN #26 from 2015, had already transfered from Louisville to UGA, now grad tx'fering)

I don't know that we would have any appeal to any of these players, but that's quite a bit of high level talent that's moving around.

LadybackBBFan

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2019, 05:06:49 pm »

Mike is very familiar with Westbrook as he recruited her at Washington as she is from the West coast.

CandleStick

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2019, 10:44:59 pm »

I don't understand what people don't understand that we aren't taking transfer guards. The only transfers we are taking may be a massive post like Liz Dixon yet I doubt we would even take her as long as she is still connected to her trainer. Our 20' class is very important and the only reason we'd take one less kid in it is because we took a big time post player. We will not take anymore transfer guards until we have 20's that tell us no.

logic

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2019, 04:43:58 am »

I don't understand what people don't understand that we aren't taking transfer guards. The only transfers we are taking may be a massive post like Liz Dixon yet I doubt we would even take her as long as she is still connected to her trainer. Our 20' class is very important and the only reason we'd take one less kid in it is because we took a big time post player. We will not take anymore transfer guards until we have 20's that tell us no.
I don't know if any of the aforementioned players have any interest in Arkansas and, although you may have insight that I don't, I find it difficult to believe that we would wait until Arkansas players tell us "No" before recruiting and signing other players as good or better.

psycHOGlogist

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2019, 03:30:27 pm »

No one has suggested we would recruit or are recruiting any of them, Candle Stick. Just noting that they are on the market. The most likely target out there on the transfer market for us would be a post, obviously.

logic

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2019, 08:51:16 am »

No one has suggested we would recruit or are recruiting any of them, Candle Stick. Just noting that they are on the market. The most likely target out there on the transfer market for us would be a post, obviously.
I believe that is true and for now our primary interest may be recruiting players for 2020.  I understand that we have offered several Arkansas girls in the 2020 class and although I'm delighted when they choose to be Razorbacks, I see little indication that is the case for 2020 Arkansas girls.  For example Sasha Goforth is considering about a dozen colleges including UCLA, Missouri, Texas, and Mississippi State. 

Therefore, I don't believe Coach Neighbors is putting all in eggs in one basket and will also be recruiting out-of-state and transfer players. In fact it seems to me that girl basketball players are as likely as not and perhaps even more likely to leave their state.  I don't know why.  Perhaps because they mature faster than boys and are not as prone to be homesick.

psycHOGlogist

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2019, 10:51:36 am »

In an interesting development, GT has hired Nell Fortner, formerly of Purdue and Auburn, and for several years more recently of ESPN, as their head coach. I'm not sure about this one. She had one very good year at AU (out of 8 total), largely due to DaWanna Bonner, but otherwise was pretty mediocre and struggled with recruiting. Toward the end of her tenure, AU was consistently at or below the .500 mark overall. None of her teams - at Purdue or Auburn - ever made it past the second round of the NCAAT.

Not sure if this will help keep kids in the GT program or not.

On the upside - at least we won't have to sit through any more of those cringeworthy "Nell Yes!" segments on ESPN.

CandleStick

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2019, 11:45:15 am »

In an interesting development, GT has hired Nell Fortner, formerly of Purdue and Auburn, and for several years more recently of ESPN, as their head coach. I'm not sure about this one. She had one very good year at AU (out of 8 total), largely due to DaWanna Bonner, but otherwise was pretty mediocre and struggled with recruiting. Toward the end of her tenure, AU was consistently at or below the .500 mark overall. None of her teams - at Purdue or Auburn - ever made it past the second round of the NCAAT.

Not sure if this will help keep kids in the GT program or not.

On the upside - at least we won't have to sit through any more of those cringeworthy "Nell Yes!" segments on ESPN.

Agreed, glad there's no more Nell Yes segments.

This looks to be a hire more on the side of perception. This GA tech program has more issues than just how their coach treated them. They need someone to come in and run a clean program to get them back on track. It can be a very good job if ran right.

psycHOGlogist

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2019, 04:11:11 pm »

I agree - it's got a great recruiting area and good facilities, and the ACC is probably (with Syracuse and Notre Dame now) just ahead of the SEC in overall quality (though maybe not for long). Some good things to sell, and Fortner has a reputation for being a good person.

I just don't think that this pick -- or the TN hire -- does much to advance their program. Put it this way, other coaches out there are not exactly going to be shaking in their boots at the thought of competing for recruits against Nell Fortner and/or Kellie Harper.

brs_hogfan

• Varsity
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2019, 06:01:52 pm »

Interesting development ... http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26481510/herbert-harrigan-3-transfer-sc

Three players transferring from S. Carolina

EHog97

• Band Nerd
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2019, 08:39:21 pm »

Any size that we could add would be great moving forward, by far the biggest thing we lacked this year. I imagine the coaches are already thinking about their moves with Liz. This coaching staff seems to get the best out of 5-star transfers  ;)

psycHOGlogist

« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2019, 08:50:49 pm »

Interesting development ... http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26481510/herbert-harrigan-3-transfer-sc

Three players transferring from S. Carolina

Really kind of a surprise about Herbert-Harrigan, imo. She contributed a great deal this year. The others were highly touted recruits but saw limited time, and SC’s incoming class is just flat out loaded. They could see the writing on the wall, I suspect.

LaDazhia Williams is a 6’4” post, and the Hogs’ staff have some connections to her AAU coaches. No idea if there’s any interest on either side, though.

logic

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2019, 07:19:21 am »

LaDazhia Williams is a 6’4” post, and the Hogs’ staff have some connections to her AAU coaches. No idea if there’s any interest on either side, though.
Other than a grad transfer or Elizabeth Dixon and assuming that either would be interested in playing for Arkansas, I don’t know if there is any or much interest in signing a transfer post player.  She would have to sit out a year and by then we would have Destinee Oberg, Destinee McGhee, and perhaps Macy Weaver if she stays and develops into a better player.

I really don't know; however, since transfer players must sit out a year, I suspect we would choose the high school player if given a choice between signing a high school player and a transfer.

psycHOGlogist

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2019, 11:51:45 am »

Generally I agree with you. A couple things to consider, though:

1) Neither Oberg nor McGhee is really tall. They are both strong, skilled, wide-body players. The body type that Williams and Dixon have is different and would allow us to use them differently in CMN's offense (and defense). Dixon, in particular, is a franchise type player. If you can bring her into your program, you do (in my fairly worthless opinion).

2. At least with Dixon, there is a non-zero chance that she might not have to sit out due to the pretty significant drama surrounding the firing of the GA Tech coach. There is no doubt in my mind that Williams would have to sit, both as a transfer (no coaching change at SC) and because of intra-conference transfer rules. My bet is that she finds a (likely non-SEC?) school in her home state of Florida to transfer to.

3. Having "extra" bigs would be a very nice insurance policy against injury, transfer, or future recruiting disappointments (if Dauda and/or Amauri Williams go elsewhere, for example).

I think the idea that Macy Weaver is ever going to be a player of the caliber of LaDazhia Williams or Elizabeth Dixon is extraordinarily unlikely. I have no inside information, obviously, but I strongly doubt that she is part of the coaching calculus about whether to go after anyone on the transfer market. I like Macy and wish her well, but I am not convinced that her future at Arkansas includes increased playing time.

psycHOGlogist

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2019, 08:47:49 pm »

Well, Dixon is not coming to Arkansas. She, Balogun (also from GT), and Kianna Smith from Cal are all going to transfer to Louisville.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Raoul_000/status/1117602696293437441

This is my skeptical face when it comes to fair recruiting.

nwahogfan1

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2019, 10:50:31 am »

Well, Dixon is not coming to Arkansas. She, Balogun (also from GT), and Kianna Smith from Cal are all going to transfer to Louisville.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Raoul_000/status/1117602696293437441

This is my skeptical face when it comes to fair recruiting.

So the women's game is getting into the mud with the men when it comes to recruiting.  JUST GREAT!

CandleStick

« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2019, 11:05:08 am »

It's been there for a while. Only difference is the amount of money being passed around. 10k for the girls game is pretty significant. There're several "trainers" benefiting on the girls side where as in the boys side its coaches and families.

logic

« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2019, 04:03:34 pm »

It would have been nice if Dixon had chosen Arkansas.  However, there are so many great colleges that the odds of any girl basketball player choosing any particular college is remote.

Unless a graduate student transfers in and I don't know that are any, I suppose for next year, our inside players will be Kiara Williams, Destinee Oberg, Taylah Thomas, and maybe Macy Weaver. I don't expect Macy Weaver to start, but perhaps she will improve enough to give the starters a few minutes rest.

LadybackBBFan

« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2019, 04:20:40 pm »

It would have been nice if Dixon had chosen Arkansas.  However, there are so many great colleges that the odds of any girl basketball player choosing any particular college is remote.

Unless a graduate student transfers in and I don't know that are any, I suppose for next year, our inside players will be Kiara Williams, Destinee Oberg, Taylah Thomas, and maybe Macy Weaver. I don't expect Macy Weaver to start, but perhaps she will improve enough to give the starters a few minutes rest.
Barnum could still be a possibility.

psycHOGlogist

« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2019, 12:33:33 pm »

Total subject change here, but I didn't want to start another thread just to comment on a non-Hog player, so I am adding it here. But I feel really bad for in-state product Kennady Tucker from Little Rock.

Originally, she committed to Vic at Miss St the day after prime target Jayla Hemingway committed (who was also coveted by the Hogs), so her commitment was sort of drowned out by the "big fish" that MSU caught. Then she was quietly shown the door by Mississippi State, who basically recruited over her. That's difficult, but I think Kennady handled it very professionally with a minimum of drama.

She remained uncommitted for quite a while, and she recently committed to the Tar Heels ... who then promptly had their head coach forced out due to accusations of inappropriate racial comments and pressuring injured players to play despite medical guidance. So Kennady, a top 100 player by ESPN, now finds herself committed to a team without a staff.

Hope it all works out well for her!

CandleStick

« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2019, 04:09:49 pm »

Total subject change here, but I didn't want to start another thread just to comment on a non-Hog player, so I am adding it here. But I feel really bad for in-state product Kennady Tucker from Little Rock.

Originally, she committed to Vic at Miss St the day after prime target Jayla Hemingway committed (who was also coveted by the Hogs), so her commitment was sort of drowned out by the "big fish" that MSU caught. Then she was quietly shown the door by Mississippi State, who basically recruited over her. That's difficult, but I think Kennady handled it very professionally with a minimum of drama.

She remained uncommitted for quite a while, and she recently committed to the Tar Heels ... who then promptly had their head coach forced out due to accusations of inappropriate racial comments and pressuring injured players to play despite medical guidance. So Kennady, a top 100 player by ESPN, now finds herself committed to a team without a staff.

Hope it all works out well for her!

This kid was really good as a freshman and even better as a sophomore. She got hurt in the semi finals against VB at VB with a foot injury that curtailed her career. She tried to come back way to quickly and from what I understand did more damage to her foot. Since then the kid just hasn't been the same player. She wasn't as quick and her confidence just looked like it went down and down. She was dealt a difficult hand with that injury. Hopefully the new staff at UNC wants her.

AlmaHog2011

« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2019, 07:45:18 pm »

So the women's game is getting into the mud with the men when it comes to recruiting.  JUST GREAT!

It's been muddy for years. I could tell you some stories that involve HS Girls transferring to two or even three different HS. In fact our best player this year Dungee transferred twice that I know of and have heard did the same thing in jr high. It's dirty but not the caliber dirty that the boys AAU game is.

CandleStick

« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2019, 09:34:44 pm »

It's been muddy for years. I could tell you some stories that involve HS Girls transferring to two or even three different HS. In fact our best player this year Dungee transferred twice that I know of and have heard did the same thing in jr high. It's dirty but not the caliber dirty that the boys AAU game is.

Maybe you should do some research on dungee. There’s a reason why she left her high school. A pretty traumatic event happened to her and her family and a move may of been the best option to be able to move on.

HS girls transferring and what not is completely different than college. HS girls are not getting paid to move high schools  unlike college

logic

« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2019, 11:07:22 pm »

Also the girls usually choose what college to attend or whether or not to transfer.  In high school, most likely, the parents make decisions. So I believe that is a difference.  And, for scholarship players, in high school, they are always a starter.  In college they may not play much.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see how pay would be a factor because, at least for Div I basketball scholarships, I believe that they are all limited to about the same.  That is, I believe, tuition, books, room and board.

CandleStick

« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2019, 12:25:56 am »

Also the girls usually choose what college to attend or whether or not to transfer.  In high school, most likely, the parents make decisions. So I believe that is a difference.  And, for scholarship players, in high school, they are always a starter.  In college they may not play much.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see how pay would be a factor because, at least for Div I basketball scholarships, I believe that they are all limited to about the same.  That is, I believe, tuition, books, room and board.

Well not all scholarships are created equally my friend. Some come with handshakes that are filled with cash. Others have money funneled through third parties aka trainers, parents, summer coaches and so on. Yes these type deals happen on the women’s side just like for the men. Only exception is the amount of money.

logic

« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2019, 04:00:42 am »

Well not all scholarships are created equally my friend. Some come with handshakes that are filled with cash. Others have money funneled through third parties aka trainers, parents, summer coaches and so on. Yes these type deals happen on the women’s side just like for the men. Only exception is the amount of money.
That is what most people believe they have heard it so many times, but there never any proof.

CandleStick

« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2019, 07:50:37 am »

That is what most people believe they have heard it so many times, but there never any proof.

So you don’t believe women’s players are getting paid to go to certain colleges or aau teams?

Scott7703

« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2019, 09:46:10 pm »

Don’t be naive.

logic

« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2019, 11:19:20 pm »

So you don’t believe women’s players are getting paid to go to certain colleges or aau teams?
I don't know.  I do know that most people don't need proof. Instead they will believe anything if they hear it often enough. Years ago I read that Wilt Chamberlain admitted he receive cash with handshakes so I don't doubt there is some of that.   With handshakes and other methods I don't doubt that some players receive a little nominal cash.  However,  large amounts of money leaves a trail that is easy to follow.

Therefore, if there is evidence that players are paid more than nominal amounts, I have to see it to believe it.  You don't prove negatives, so  the burden of proof is on those making the claims.

brs_hogfan

• Varsity
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2019, 07:59:38 pm »

S. Carolina continues to be on a recruiting roll ... https://twitter.com/dstnylttltn24/status/1125458115992915970
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas