• 10,328,842 Posts
• 408,901 Topics
• 23,358 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BEST PLACE to follow Arkansas baseball (according to players and parents)  (Read 5444 times)

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S

This is for ALL Extra Innings regular followers. I think congratulations is in order for all of us.

So, I have been receiving PM's from parents of players again this year, but more often now. It appears more parents and family of players, players and recruits are visiting our site on a more regular basis. They trust us and they know we will not bash players or recruits, yet they know we will post honest constructive criticism when warranted and they can handle that. They come to our site before games to get information about other teams and also follow along during the games.

I don't know of any players that post in here, but a few of the parents do from time to time, but not on a regular basis. Again, many players and parents do read here a lot and that is because of ALL of the regular EI posters. 

I am posting some of the most recent comments below:

ARKANSAS,
I just wanted to send you a private message and say thank you and let you know as a players parent (-------) I very much appreciate the information you provide and the way this site is managed.

Thank you A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S.  Please feel free to share the information I provided.  I think its always a good idea to let fans know that parents, players and recruits visit this site often.  (Our son) is a lurker too.

We parents can accept honest criticism and discussion on this board.  We love how it is done.

I use the information you provide to learn about our opponent but I also use it during games.  I can almost always find an honest evaluation of the strike zone (things you cant always tell from the 3rd base side) but also for reviews.  You all usually have the ruling pretty much figured out before the umps come back out with the call (except for the JMAC call the other night :-)).

Many parents and family really enjoy this site we just shy away from commenting.

Thanks again.  We really appreciate the work you and (many) others do to make this THE BEST PLACE to follow Arkansas baseball  WPS!

Sometimes I share information on a thread just trying to explain things as parent or someone who knows the players without giving away to much information.

We have kept up with the thread on ------ and really all of them.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 03:25:45 am by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S »

PintailKiller

Re: THE BEST PLACE to follow Arkansas baseball
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 07:38:40 pm »

That is awesome to read.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

snoblind

Re: THE BEST PLACE to follow Arkansas baseball
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 11:01:59 pm »

I always appreciate the perspective a parent can provide when they post, but understand why some wouldn't want to.  FANONTHEHILL posts were/are always read.

HogPharmer

Iím glad I can provide some solid insight for the parents... Just kidding of course. This part of HV is the true gem of this board and Iím glad for its structure, competence, and overall enjoyablitiy.

Roadhog82

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net

That is great to hear. Pretty sure I have figured out one parent, but I'll keep it to myself lol

Maddhog

• All-American Hogvillian
  • GO HOGS GO!!!

That is awesome.   

JHicks3636

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Razorback forever

Another thing to make it seem worthwhile. I never get contacted by anyone. LOL

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S

Another thing to make it seem worthwhile. I never get contacted by anyone. LOL
You are very valuable to Extra Innings and Hogville in general! Appreciate everything you do in all of the forums and that is a lot!

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian

We have had parents lurking here for awhile.   Stephans dad was around for awhile and shared some really good info.   I believe we currently have a CN parent and Croninís mom posting a little as well.   Those are the two Iíve noticed make a comment here or there.   

This place has some very good baseball followers.   Unfortunately sPAL will have his hands full soon as jump ball cess pool frustrations trend over here after season. 

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S

We have had parents lurking here for awhile.   Stephans dad was around for awhile and shared some really good info.   I believe we currently have a CN parent and Croninís mom posting a little as well.   Those are the two Iíve noticed make a comment here or there.   

This place has some very good baseball followers.   Unfortunately sPAL will have his hands full soon as jump ball cess pool frustrations trend over here after season.
Yes, both of Cronin's parents post here some, but they read a lot. I remember Cronin's mom made herself known at least once when she posted. Very classy people that are in contact with many of the other parents and players on a regular basis. When they do post, they do not try to lead a thread or conversation into a certain favorable way, they just go with the flow of the thread. Matt and his family will always be Razorbacks and we are lucky to have them on our side.

And, I agree that "This place has some very good baseball followers" and you are one of them. At the end of last season I tried to make a list of all of the best knowledgeable contributors to EI and it was impossible. I was going to recognize those in a post to say thank you for your contributions, but I just gave up and said thanks to all.

Also, if you think about it, spal and the rest of the moderators have had a lot of help from regular members in controlling the overflow and newbies when they get out of line. If someone gets out of line you may see 3 or 4 or more regulars jump on them before we can even get to them for moderation. The regulars have taken ownership of this forum and will not let anybody mess with the way we have it now and forever.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 03:22:09 am by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S »

swineology

Quite a few of the parents swing by our tailgate almost every home series. I've steered a few over here and have gotten quality feedback.

I appreciate all ya'll do and especially the quality of the posts and insight.

+1000

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
  • RIP LILY, WE MISS YOU DEARLY

Awesome,

parallaxpig

• Hogvillian
  • Man that ball got outta here in a hurry.

Good to know and for the parents and players who read this, thank you , thank you, thank you for drubbing Texas.

Signed

Life long member of the I hate Texas  club.  ::hornsdown::

howie76

• Senior

Good to know and for the parents and players who read this, thank you , thank you, thank you for drubbing Texas.

Signed

Life long member of the I hate Texas  club.  ::hornsdown::
what he said!^^^^^
And best forum anywhere!

Fort Dweller

Good stuff!

BroyledNutts

Yes, both of Cronin's parents post here some, but they read a lot. I remember Cronin's mom made herself known at least once when she posted. Very classy people that are in contact with many of the other parents and players on a regular basis. When they do post, they do not try to lead a thread or conversation into a certain favorable way, they just go with the flow of the thread. Matt and his family will always be Razorbacks and we are lucky to have them on our side.

And, I agree that "This place has some very good baseball followers" and you are one of them. At the end of last season I tried to make a list of all of the best knowledgeable contributors to EI and it was impossible. I was going to recognize those in a post to say thank you for your contributions, but I just gave up and said thanks to all.

Also, if you think about it, spal and the rest of the moderators have had a lot of help from regular members in controlling the overflow and newbies when they get out of line. If someone gets out of line you may see 3 or 4 or more regulars jump on them before we can even get to them for moderation. The regulars have taken ownership of this forum and will not let anybody mess with the way we have it now and forever.

Amen and Amen. That's what keeps this place my home away from home - even when I'm home ....

Also My thanks to all the parents and players who are here, known or not. Your input is valued here, and we're so glad you're part of the program we love and this board.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 09:56:52 am by BroyledNutts »

woodrow hog call

This is why people need to count to ten sometimes before hitting the "post" button(maybe read their post out loud first) during a game thread. If it was your kid out there playing and competing, you wouldn't want to see, "Oh how stupid", or "what in the world is he thinking", or "dumbest play I've ever seen".

Every player to ever play the game has had some moments where they didn't do exactly what they wanted to or thought they were going to, doesn't mean they are incompetent or dumb.

SPAL

• Administrator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • I liked Big Mike but it was a lie

This is why I won't tolerate much.

Fort Dweller

And you shouldn't.  This forum is an example of when adult behavior and mutual respect converge.  There is never 100% harmony, but everyone roots Hog and they understand how to communicate.  When someone steps out of line it's noticeable and uncomfortable.  You all do a great job.

Dawgville

• Bench Warmer

I'm a Georgia fan and I visit this board because it has the most intelligent college baseball talk on the internet.

The posters here flat out know the game.

jabberjawls

I rarely post but i do read every day.  Thanks to all of the EI people!

spdhog

I've been a member of Hogville for years, but I rarely post. What you guys are doing in E.I. is fantastic and it just keeps getting better and better every year. What you do with play by play, statistical data, and knowledgeable baseball discussion is second to none.

It may not mean much coming from someone you don't know (like me), but thanks to all of you who have taken ownership of this thing and to all the regular contributors.

Oh yeah...GO HOGS, beat Texas!!

HogFansReunited

• AKA HogFansReunited
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • USN AW2

I have to agree with everyone else, the amount of baseball knowledge here is very impressive. Also great having a place to get together and discuss a game in a rational manor. Each and every one of you is what makes this place what it is.

EconHawg

After moving Fayetteville to Columbia, MO this past year and no longer seeing anyone on a daily basis who is remotely interested in talking about Razorback baseball, I think I would drive myself crazy if I didn't have this board to interact with. Clearly everyone who has built this place through the years has done a great job if it is seen as accessible by players and their parents. It seems like players can barely log on twitter anymore without getting harassed, let alone a message board. Y'all should be proud, and as a fan, thanks.

spdhog

And one other thing...When I have to miss a game due to the obligations of life, I make a point to deprive myself of checking the box score. I love coming on here and reading through the game thread as if it was live action. You play by play guys do such a good job that I oftentimes feel the same emotions that I do when watching or listening to a live broadcast. Nicely done!

EconHawg

And one other thing...When I have to miss a game due to the obligations of life, I make a point to deprive myself of checking the box score. I love coming on here and reading through the game thread as if it was live action. You play by play guys do such a good job that I oftentimes feel the same emotions that I do when watching or listening to a live broadcast. Nicely done!

I second this. If I have to miss the first part of a game, I'll usually miss a few more minutes just so I can read through the game thread and catch up before turning the actual game on.

jcorco00

I would also like to thank everyone who runs and contributes to this board.  I almost never post, but  check this board every day, and during the season even more.  I really appreciate the fall information, as Razorback baseball rarely gets much attention then and itís great to hear about the new guys.  I started taking my kids to Omaha  in 2015 and now they are hooked. We are spending spring break in Austin to watch the dismantlement of a historical powerhouse.  My 8 year old told me last night he canít wait until we get to hang some of ďthose bannersĒ in Fayetteville. Thanks guys for the great forum.

JonClaudeVanHam

This is cool. Other than some occasional dabbling in jump ball because Razorback Basketball is an addiction I can't break, I only post here. The discussion is just incredible and rewarding.

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian

I donít buy that excuse.  We know you are just a grumpy fart.   Ha

Roadhog82

• Senior

I second this. If I have to miss the first part of a game, I'll usually miss a few more minutes just so I can read through the game thread and catch up before turning the actual game on.

That's pretty funny. I thought I was the only one who did this. I like to catch up going through each at bat until I'm current and then stay in the thread while watching or listening

rinds

If a parent reads this I would like to say how proud I am that these kids are associated with the University and the State of Arkansas. They are first class and the standard for competition and their actions. I root for the Hogs because I am from Arkansas and it's what I have always done. Having kids like this to root for makes it special IMO. Thank you!

Knot2brite

This is why I donít post everything I hear about the program unless I run it by a couple people here that I know have ears and eyes close to the program. I miss getting to post in the game threads but I watch the games on my phone ...we have some good stuff here

parallaxpig

• Hogvillian

Hopefully none go back and read thru last nights PBP thread. It was out of control with the arm chair dooms day posters....

golf2day

• Hogvillian
  • Giving Eastex a hard-on since 1997

Thatís good stuff. You guys that run this board should be proud. You do a fantastic job.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S

Hopefully none go back and read thru last nights PBP thread. It was out of control with the arm chair dooms day posters....
We cleaned it up. 95% of those were not regulars. If they keep coming back, one of two things will happen. They either learn how to post in here or they won't be here.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S

Talking about having a bunch of knowledgeable Razorback baseball fans in this forum, we also have the best Game Thread Team / PXP narrators we have ever had.

We have 5 games this week and 5 different PXP narrators are committed to calling the games and while each has their own style, they all do a excellent job. Got to love and appreciate these guys for their capabilities and commitment and their love for baseball and the Razorbacks.

Love this!                                                             
GAME WEEK 6
Tue, Mar 19, 6:30pm - Texas (LHN) = hogdollar
Wed, Mar 20, 6:30pm - Texas (LHN) =JHicks3636
Fri, Mar 22, 6:00pm - Alabama  = ucahogfan
Sat, Mar 23, 2:00pm - Alabama = EconHawg
Sun, Mar 24, 1:00pm - Alabama = HogFansReunited

Arch Hog

• Band Nerd

I don't post much but my fanny is in Section 115 most home games.  I have always enjoyed this site and greatly appreciate the mods for keeping it a place that can be enjoyed by the players and there folks. 

I have posted in the past that one reason I love Hog baseball is that over the course of a long season the hardcore fans (myself included) tend to "adopt" our players.  Those players out there are ours and after a certain age you tend to think of them as your kids.  God help anyone who messes with our kids.  GHG!

jabberjawls

We cleaned it up. 95% of those were not regulars. If they keep coming back, one of two things will happen. They either learn how to post in here or they won't be here.
Thank you. I really didn't enjoy reading all of the criticisms.

gchamblee

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Benched along with patience and reason

This board is the template of what a successful fan participating recruiting tool looks like. I feel like this board is an asset to not only the fans, but the baseball program as well.

Last year I was new to baseball but wanted something to hold my attention while waiting for football season to start again. The regulars on this board made me feel like the were scooting over and making room at the table for me while also helping me with the game. It cemented my fanhood of hog baseball and created a fan for life. I know I am not the only one to feel this way. I was excited when it was announced that this crew was taking over the other boards on this site. I do not think the others would be good recruiting tools, but I have hope that they can get there as well. This board has an amazing staff.

Every thread is swollen with quality posts by knowledgeable members. Last year there were a few games I missed, and instead of looking at the score I came here and started on page 1 of the game thread to experience the game like it was happening real time.

WilsonHog

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame Hogvillian

This is why moderate the board the way we do. The quality of baseball discussion and the comraderie among posters makes this the best forum on Hogville. I am extremely pleased that parents and players find our board a place they enjoy visiting.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 02:12:29 pm by WilsonHog »

Arkansas Hog in Dallas

The quality of discussion here is excellent. People here know their baseball.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S

Links to Related Topics:

"The Rules" thread:  http://forums.hogville.net/index.php?topic=609266.0

"For New/Infrequent EI Posters":  http://forums.hogville.net/index.php?topic=626632.0#top

EconHawg

Hog baseball fans racing to EI after a big play:

hawginTN

• Band Nerd

My first post on EI, but I've been a reader for a while.

EI is the best hog forum, period. And maybe the best sports forum I've seen. The game threads are second to none. Refreshing to read intelligent meaningful sports dialog with some good fun minus the snarky negative stuff so prevalent on most forums. Including some of the other HV forums. Great job!!

parallaxpig

• Hogvillian

Hog baseball fans racing to EI after a big play:

Watching this reminds me of my thoughts watching the games live. I wander how many ankle/knee injuries this jacked up turf will cause from people sliding  into the bags.......

EconHawg

Watching this reminds me of my thoughts watching the games live. I wander how many ankle/knee injuries this jacked up turf will cause from people sliding  into the bags.......

Parallaxpig, Superman's joints are a lot tougher than some plastic turf. I'd be more worried about him ripping a hole in their new field on takeoff.

oldbear

I too am one of those that rarely posts but reads this board each day. Just ditto to all the good things people have said about how this board is run. The game threads are fantastic and the discussion from you guys that really know baseball is great. Please keep it up.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S

"Regional Experience for Central Conn" - Hogvillians share great stories. A must read.
Link: https://forums.hogville.net/index.php?topic=682657.msg12141622#top

Cotton

• Hogvillian
  • Formerly of ESPN 8 "The Ocho"

Hey guys, just wanna say thanks for dealing with the influx of posters this time of year.  I know it can get frustrating and overbearing at times but we really do appreciate everything yall do over here.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas