Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday

Poll

Will the new grass hold up for game 1?

Yes
No
Fp

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: DWRRS Turf Replacement  (Read 51614 times)

ricepig

Re: DWRRS Turf Replacement
« Reply #150 on: April 18, 2019, 09:49:10 am »

Did they have Frito Pie? I'm betting YES.

I still haven't seen Slim Chicken....let me guess they have a couple stands closest to those donating thousands to see a struggling program.

What I am talking about is the Upper West Side / Upper East - the places that are lucky to get hot coffee and cold water. I'm not impressed by a couple chicken stands in the North End Zone

There was a time the blue collar folks had Kettle Corn available...we can't even get that now. It's silly. Do you see Arthur Blank offering 10% of the fans a full concessions menu? NO.

If you have a question about successful concessions....lean on Arthur - just ask yourself WWAD?
You first take care of those that take care of you, I’m guessing instead of starting countless threads on here, you should bring it to the attention of those who make these decisions, makes sense, huh?

twistitup

« Reply #151 on: April 18, 2019, 09:58:08 am »

You first take care of those that take care of you

That attitude is why ticket sales and attendance are sliding.....a good product on the field solves most problems related to 'who's taking care of you'

Most fans like a winner...

Those that make the F&B decisions know what the problems are - it's just nice to keep these issues at the top of our agenda. Food and beverage and Sod go hand in hand...off season

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

ricepig

« Reply #152 on: April 18, 2019, 10:05:33 am »

That attitude is why ticket sales and attendance are sliding.....a good product on the field solves most problems related to 'who's taking care of you'

Those that make the F&B decisions know what the problems are - it's just nice to keep these issues at the top of our agenda. Food and beverage and Sod go hand in hand...off season

Nah, losing football and every game at 11AM on the tube is why attendance is declining. We had sellouts a couple of years ago, we will again when the victories start again. We had the same concession problems then, we’ll have them again, lol.

twistitup

« Reply #153 on: April 18, 2019, 10:15:32 am »

Nah, losing football and every game at 11AM on the tube is why attendance is declining.

We agree

On another note...ask Jerry Jones what good concession do for bad football - it gives the fans SOMETHING to be happy about.

"The game sucked..we lost, but the beer and grilled ribeye sandwich hit the spot"

ricepig

« Reply #154 on: April 18, 2019, 10:19:33 am »

We agree

On another note...ask Jerry Jones what good concession do for bad football - it gives the fans SOMETHING to be happy about.

"The game sucked..we lost, but the beer and grilled ribeye sandwich hit the spot"

They barely have room for a soda machine and a popcorn maker in the upper decks, you think they have room for a Cowboy Margarita machine?

mhsbc59

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • "Cause thats how I Role"
« Reply #155 on: April 18, 2019, 10:25:15 am »

you got that right twist pretty soon its going to only be folks in the end zones at games.  people that if they knew any better would know that end zone seats are the worst seats in the stadium to WATCH a game

twistitup

« Reply #156 on: April 18, 2019, 11:14:44 am »

They barely have room for a soda machine and a popcorn maker in the upper decks, you think they have room for a Cowboy Margarita machine?

Oh...they have room. Let's not blame it on not enough available space. There is much wasted space inside of those concession areas...most of the time they are a unorganized mess of boxes, plastic, cups, stressed out teenagers and angry adults - no popcorn, no pretzels, no hot coffee, no more jerky, no hot chocolate...room temp water if you are lucky.

It's not a space issue

ricepig

« Reply #157 on: April 18, 2019, 11:16:48 am »

Oh...they have room. Let's not blame it on not enough available space. There is much wasted space inside of those concession areas...most of the time they are a unorganized mess of boxes, plastic, cups, stressed out teenagers and angry adults - no popcorn, no pretzels, no hot coffee, no more jerky, no hot chocolate...room temp water if you are lucky.

It's not a space issue

You’ll have to post a picture as proof, sorry......

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #158 on: April 18, 2019, 12:44:59 pm »

This is especially true on the West side of the stadium.

twistitup

« Reply #159 on: April 19, 2019, 01:05:25 pm »

You’ll have to post a picture as proof, sorry......

Imagine the total opposite of this...

Why do we not have easy grab / go snacks and food in EVERY concession stand instead of the unorganized disaster we see every home game at RRS

Boardon Hamsay

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Eponymous Keeper of the War Damn Mockingbird Unis
« Reply #160 on: April 21, 2019, 11:46:07 am »

Why do we not have easy grab / go snacks and food in EVERY concession stand instead of the unorganized disaster we see every home game at RRS

We should also have $3 domestic and $4 import beer (IIRC) like they do at Augusta Natl.

twistitup

« Reply #161 on: April 21, 2019, 11:56:57 am »

We should also have $3 domestic and $4 import beer (IIRC) like they do at Augusta Natl.

No doubt about it.

If we made some changes (rock the concessions boat a bit), the headlines about our top notch concessions would be priceless in free in publicity.

Use concessions to promote the University and Razorback brand...don't worry as much about profit - that will come with a powerful brand. Just like The Masters - they have gotten so much positive publicity off of some pimento cheese and beer.

ricepig

« Reply #162 on: April 21, 2019, 12:04:02 pm »

I’ll run this up the ladder, I suspect it will fall on deaf ears.

riccoar

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Serving Hogville since 11-08-03
« Reply #163 on: May 02, 2019, 06:40:42 am »

Pulling up the gray padding it looks like.  What's that beneath that?

twistitup

« Reply #164 on: May 02, 2019, 07:32:40 am »

I’ll run this up the ladder, I suspect it will fall on deaf ears.

Did you get any feedback on Boardon's idea?

ricepig

« Reply #165 on: May 02, 2019, 07:44:29 am »

Did you get any feedback on Boardon's idea?

Still $7.....

BuddyHog71

• Varsity
  • Razorback Fan for Life
« Reply #166 on: May 02, 2019, 10:18:52 am »

Pulling up the gray padding it looks like.  What's that beneath that?
Some kind of hard pack maybe?

ricepig

« Reply #167 on: May 02, 2019, 10:33:35 am »

Some kind of hard pack maybe?

Chat/gravel

twistitup

« Reply #168 on: May 02, 2019, 02:39:50 pm »

HenduHog

• Razorbacks: Hostile and mobile
« Reply #169 on: May 02, 2019, 02:42:33 pm »

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but you guys complaining about concessions do realize there is absolutely nothing you say that will influence the people who run concessions.

Additionally, from what I've seen at LR games, I don't want a bunch of drunk a$$ people who buy a case of beer during games at F'ville.

I've seen it in person and read what people post here in HV about the stupidity of drunks. Not something that is needed at F'ville games.

ricepig

« Reply #170 on: May 02, 2019, 02:48:17 pm »

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but you guys complaining about concessions do realize there is absolutely nothing you say that will influence the people who run concessions.

Additionally, from what I've seen at LR games, I don't want a bunch of drunk a$$ people who buy a case of beer during games at F'ville.

I've seen it in person and read what people post here in HV about the stupidity of drunks. Not something that is needed at F'ville games.

Do you realize the profit we could make if everyone bought a case of beer during the games at Fayetteville? Well....we could probably afford to have cold water and hot chocolate for the upper decks, thing of others, not just of yourself.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #171 on: May 02, 2019, 02:50:33 pm »

Imagine that. Another post about drunks for the 1,000 time. What will they think of next.

twistitup

« Reply #172 on: May 02, 2019, 02:51:29 pm »

Can we at least get Frito [CENSORED] Pie and cold water?

EconHawg

« Reply #173 on: May 02, 2019, 02:59:36 pm »

I'm imagining what a frito pie from the concession stands at DWRRS would look like.....

Clear plastic nacho tray holding an unopened snack pack of fritos, a tiny plastic cup of nacho cheese, and a tiny plastic cup of chili. Some assembly required.

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #174 on: May 02, 2019, 03:36:40 pm »

Imagine that. Another post about drunks for the 1,000 time. What will they think of next.

You may not like it but it's true. I don't attend games any more but back when I did, I personally witnessed a drunk man spilling his beer that he snuck in over the head of a young boy who sat in front of him. The boy's father and the drunk almost came to blows over it but security removed the drunk from the stands.

twistitup

« Reply #175 on: May 02, 2019, 03:40:45 pm »

You may not like it but it's true. I don't attend games any more but back when I did, I personally witnessed a drunk man spilling his beer that he snuck in over the head of a young boy who sat in front of him. The boy's father and the drunk almost came to blows over it but security removed the drunk from the stands.

I've attended a&m games since they started..all the alcohol you can drink for everyone in the stadium.....no problems yet.

lrar4hogs

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #176 on: May 02, 2019, 07:35:27 pm »

I did hear Yurachek say that JB Hunt will use refrigerated trucks to ship the sod over from Memphis to Fayetteville. 

jgphillips3

• Where are they now the little people of Stonehenge
« Reply #177 on: May 02, 2019, 07:41:56 pm »

I've attended a&m games since they started..all the alcohol you can drink for everyone in the stadium.....no problems yet.

One of the reasons drunks in the stands is a problem is that people get trashed before the games knowing they can’t buy anything during the game.  You would actually have less drunk people in the stands if they didn’t have to “load up” before hand to extremes.

ricepig

« Reply #178 on: May 02, 2019, 07:44:51 pm »

One of the reasons drunks in the stands is a problem is that people get trashed before the games knowing they can’t buy anything during the game.  You would actually have less drunk people in the stands if they didn’t have to “load up” before hand to extremes.

The question is will the SEC presidents bring it up in their Destin meetings at the end of May? LSU will definitely bring it up, but will it make it to a vote, I guess is the real question.

31to6

« Reply #179 on: May 02, 2019, 08:56:13 pm »

The question is will the SEC presidents bring it up in their Destin meetings at the end of May? LSU will definitely bring it up, but will it make it to a vote, I guess is the real question.
The problem is that LSU will probably be drunk when they bring it up, which will not help the cause :P

HenduHog

• Razorbacks: Hostile and mobile
« Reply #180 on: May 02, 2019, 09:21:52 pm »

Well, yeah.  I mean that should be a given

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #181 on: May 03, 2019, 01:13:52 pm »

Good thing he didn’t spill a Pepsi on him................

twistitup

« Reply #182 on: May 03, 2019, 03:12:37 pm »

Good thing he didn’t spill a Pepsi on him................

Security wouldn't have been able to break that one up.

Boardon Hamsay

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Eponymous Keeper of the War Damn Mockingbird Unis
« Reply #183 on: May 04, 2019, 07:42:36 pm »

It looks as if we will be able to watch the work inside of Razorback Stadium via the Oxblue webcams.

https://app.oxblue.com/open/universityofarkansas

One could really come to know ones self well after a solid 12 hour watch session of the sod farm cam.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

• Gold Hogvillian
  • One tusk over the line sweet Jesus...
« Reply #184 on: May 07, 2019, 02:34:10 pm »

That’s interesting. The Winstead family has rodeo horses.

Different family. My mistake

Cotton

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Formerly of ESPN 8 "The Ocho"
« Reply #185 on: May 09, 2019, 08:26:54 am »

One could really come to know ones self well after a solid 12 hour watch session of the sod farm cam.
Looks more like a rice field right now

tusked

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Clapton is god....but SRV was the big bang!
« Reply #186 on: May 13, 2019, 11:41:48 am »

So I'm assuming they're going to have to dig down about 5 feet and put in a drainage system and then bore a line to drain the water under the grass out of the stadium.

Anybody know how all this is gonna work?

311Hog

« Reply #187 on: May 13, 2019, 11:47:01 am »

this may not be true anymore but if i remember correctly all the upper deck concessions were run by "amateurs" like boy scout troops and jr girls soft ball teams in order to raise funds for their respective programs.

twistitup

« Reply #188 on: May 13, 2019, 04:33:50 pm »

this may not be true anymore but if i remember correctly all the upper deck concessions were run by "amateurs" like boy scout troops and jr girls soft ball teams in order to raise funds for their respective programs.

Raise funds? They could raise more funds if all the fans weren't pissed off about no coffee, hot bottled water, no pretzels, and being sold out of almost everything before halftime.

I feel for the young people they throw out there to try to answer for the inadequate F&B mgmt going on. They catch hell from angry fans and it's not their fault. Their ought to be a Levy representative stationed at every concessions stands to answer for the piss poor service our fans get on the upper levels (especially the Upper West, I experience this first hand)

twistitup

« Reply #189 on: May 13, 2019, 04:36:10 pm »

So I'm assuming they're going to have to dig down about 5 feet and put in a drainage system and then bore a line to drain the water under the grass out of the stadium.

I believe the field will drain into a catchment area under the field. This water will be filtered / purified and pumped into the catfish tanks being installed this summer. There is nothing better for a healthy catfish population than Ozark rain water.

ricepig

« Reply #190 on: May 13, 2019, 04:45:06 pm »

Pretty sure there is already some type of drainage installed from previous work, now it may need to be enhanced, I guess we’ll watch.

twistitup

« Reply #191 on: May 13, 2019, 04:47:57 pm »

Pretty sure there is already some type of drainage installed from previous work, now it may need to be enhanced, I guess we’ll watch.

speaking of enhanced...let's make a list of enhancements needed at RRS

ricepig

« Reply #192 on: May 13, 2019, 04:51:51 pm »

Better team

twistitup

« Reply #193 on: May 13, 2019, 04:53:56 pm »

Better team

top of the list.....if we had that, I wouldn't even talk about [CENSORED] concessions.

A better team enhances everything.... No mention of the west side cage, non working bathrooms, hot bottled water or cold coffee

I bet if we had a really good team, the cops would let fans start smoking cigs on the ramp again. Winning fixes everything...losing on the other hand puts everybody on edge, just ready to jump at the smallest thing. I got tazed for smoking a cig last year on the ramp - problem is - it wasn't a cig...I was just sucking on a candy cigarette. Crazy

If we are winning, you look in the cracks of the stadium walls and say 'that's character, a loud crowd causes cracks like that...I love kicking arse'

If we are losing, you look at those same cracks and say 'what a dump'

tusked

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Clapton is god....but SRV was the big bang!
« Reply #194 on: May 13, 2019, 04:57:32 pm »

Sell beer to EVERYONE in the stadium, not to just Rice family.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

• Gold Hogvillian
  • One tusk over the line sweet Jesus...
« Reply #195 on: May 14, 2019, 08:46:30 am »

I got flipped off by a bunch of farmers when Mallick was trowin' ore they heads...

ricepig

« Reply #196 on: May 14, 2019, 11:18:00 am »

Sell beer to EVERYONE in the stadium, not to just Rice family.

They can’t keep water, you think they could actually distribute beer to all parts of the stadium?

waphill

« Reply #197 on: May 14, 2019, 12:24:04 pm »

The last grass field was built like a golf green. Gravel base with drainage, sand mixed with organic matter on top of that, then turf. More than likely the drainage is still there in come capacity.

riccoar

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Serving Hogville since 11-08-03
« Reply #198 on: May 16, 2019, 08:48:27 am »

Looks like the drain is finished and majority of equipment removed.  When is turf scheduled to be laid?

Cotton

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Formerly of ESPN 8 "The Ocho"
« Reply #199 on: May 16, 2019, 09:19:19 am »

Looks like the drain is finished and majority of equipment removed.  When is turf scheduled to be laid?
Not sure but I did notice some action at the sod farm.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 19   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas