• 10,328,403 Posts
• 408,895 Topics
• 23,358 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What was the most satisfying beat down the hogs gave in your lifetime?  (Read 3909 times)

RowNorseRow

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net

Mine are much more recent. The 2014 season when we shutout LSU and Ole Miss in back to back games then went on to destroy Texas.

chaz

• Varsity

ok 78 Orange Bowl

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

HogPharmer

The 2016 beat down we put on Florida was a good one of the more recent games. I was pretty much off the Bielema bandwagon by that time after getting blown out by Auburn again. I could see the writing on the wall but I just had a good feeling about the that game going into it. I felt like they were highly overrated (which they were) and that was when the East was still pretty terrible. I thought we matched up pretty well. I think that was the last team in the SEC we had never beaten too up until that point. I may be wrong about that though.

rogersvillemohog

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Thank you for 25 years, Mike and Marcheita!

Being younger, there aren't that many in my lifetime to choose from. I've really only ever known the Hogs in the SEC. If we're talking strictly football, that 2014 LSU game was pretty magical. Storming the field after losing 17-straight SEC games, beating the #17 team in the country 17-0. The following year in Baton Rouge was pretty great too. We made that a** quit! I will forever kick myself for not going down to that game. My roommate at the time and I had gone to the Ole Miss Henry Heave game the weekend before and I thought we'd walk in hungover after such an emotional win and get trounced. My roommate played in the minor leagues and had friends in Baton Rouge, a free place for us to stay, a tailgate, and the works. Should've gone, makes me sick I didn't.

Razor1997

• Senior

120-68 over Missouri at the opening of BWA. Norm Stewart was a huge dick.

I know it wasn't football, but that game was absolutely incredible when you look back on it.

Missouri was AWESOME that season.  They went UNDEFEATED in their conference, sweeping every conference opponent including the likes of Kansas and Oklahoma.  They were a #1 seed in the NCAA Tournament at the end of that year.  They only lost three other games all year, and only one other regular season game.

And we beat that team by FIFTY TWO POINTS!

In football, I'd have to say 42-6 over Bama, 31-7 over Texas in the Texas Bowl, and McFadden/Jones running all over #2 Auburn are my favorites.  I don't remember the 1978 Orange Bowl, seeing as how I was a baby then.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 02:55:11 pm by Razor1997 »

WizardofhOgZ

1964 when Arkansas in their last six five (regular season) games held their opponents scoreless.

1978 Orange Bowl. That was unbelievable. David and Goliath in modern terms

Fixed that for ya . . .

WizardofhOgZ

This is on the football board, so even though you didn't specifically limit the discussion to football games, I assume that's what you mean.

That said, by the time I joined the conversation all of the obvious choices have already been mentioned.  But I have to say that the Bud Walton dedication game - a 120-68 dismantling of a very, very good Mizzou team - ranks right up there as well.

***Edit: I see now that Biggus had already mentioned this game - missed it scanning the posts the first time around.***
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 02:37:57 pm by WizardofhOgZ »

hogwild6700

1998 42-6 win against Alabama. Nutt's first SEC game. One of the first Razorback Football games I ever attended.

On a Basketball Note - the 104-88 beatdown against #2 Auburn was great. Without question the loudest I ever heard the Bud. We played perfect that day.

Melancholy_Pigg

Firing Fatty after the Missouri game in 2017.

GTOWNHOG

Beating Alabama 42-6 in 1998.  That was the last Razorback game that my Dad ever attended.  He was overjoyed!  He passed in 2000.

havok

I enjoyed the Hell out of that.  I was Stationed at Ft Riley Kansas, and my roommate was a loud obnoxious Missouri fan.  By Halftime he was out the door & drinking his pain away at the NCO Club.

Tejano Jawg

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs! Hit that ball!

It IS basketball season, so why not take a detour? THIS GAME is still in my top 5 funnest games I ever saw on TV. I had just gotten to Lancaster Pennsylvania (Amish country) on business. Walked into my hotel room and flipped on the tube. The first thing I saw was the big slobbering' hog!…the game had just started. The entire game I never sat down, yelling and jumping up and down, banging on the furniture. Seems there was late, long 3-pointer by big man Dwight Stewart that was just euphoric.

I'll throw 2 more hoops games out there.
-1989 SWC Tournament…Hogs 100, Horns 76. When we hit the century mark, Dallas' Reunion Arena/Barnhill South had its roof blown off. The wins of this tournament were the first of 13 straight Ws in Reunion under Nolan, and I was at every one. (MVP…the great Lenzie Howell.)
-1991 SWC Tournament…Hogs 120, Horns 89. And the Horns thought 1989 was bad! Outrageous! This was our last SWC basketball game…what a way to go out. (MVP…the Big O.)

Combine these 2 with the 1981 Longhorns football game, I see a trend. If we're going to utterly destroy another team, who better than the University of Texas??

redleg

• Hogvillian

1. 42-11 over #1 Texas in 1981. - ANY win over Texas is very satisfying.
1a. 27-6 over Texas in the 2000 Cotton Bowl.
1b. 31-7 over Texas in the 2014 Texas Bowl.
2. 31-6 over #2 Oklahoma in the 1978 Orange Bowl.
3. 42-6 over #22 Alabama in 1998. - still the biggest blowout for the Hogs over Bama.
4. 38-24 over Ole Miss in 2010 - not really a blowout, but beating HDN was sweet.
5. 31-14 over #13 Tennessee in 2006. - ESPN College Gameday was in town!

Grunt

• We put our best playuhs on deefense.

Easily the 1978 Orange bowl.

EconHawg

Being younger, there aren't that many in my lifetime to choose from. I've really only ever known the Hogs in the SEC. If we're talking strictly football, that 2014 LSU game was pretty magical. Storming the field after losing 17-straight SEC games, beating the #17 team in the country 17-0. The following year in Baton Rouge was pretty great too. We made that a** quit! I will forever kick myself for not going down to that game. My roommate at the time and I had gone to the Ole Miss Henry Heave game the weekend before and I thought we'd walk in hungover after such an emotional win and get trounced. My roommate played in the minor leagues and had friends in Baton Rouge, a free place for us to stay, a tailgate, and the works. Should've gone, makes me sick I didn't.

Pretty much hits the nail on the head for me too. Got to rush the field for the LSU game as a student with my brother, a recent grad. Then, sat through the rain the following week when we shut out Ole Miss. The next year I had some family in town and we all watched the Henry Heave game together at Grubs.

WizardofhOgZ

Just thought of another VERY satisfying butt-kicking that we did down in Reunion Arena.  People remember that we took out UNC in the 1995 Final Four, but forget that we ran away from them in the second half of the 1990 Sweet Sixteen match-up (before we beat Texas) that led to a Final Four appearance in 1990.  It was a close game until midway through the second half, and then we put one of our patented runs on them to win by 23.

I was at this game (and Texas a couple of days later) with some of the best seats I've ever had for a big game.  Was sitting right behind the cheerleaders on the baseline in a small set of bleachers, about 7 or 8 rows up.  I was close enough that I could hear Oliver Miller talking trash to the Horns in the Regional Final when the Hogs were at the free-throw line.  One of my favorite all-time Hog moments. 

Sivad

The 22-7 beatdown of #5 Southern Cal in LIttle Rock in 1974.
Watching Dennis Winston shut down their storied running back Anthony Davis was sweet nectar.
The WMS crowd just went crazy the whole night. Pat Haden the USC QB later said they weren’t prepared for a crowd like that, that there was nothing like it on the West Coast and that he probably didn’t appreciate Southern football like he should have.

LZH

Just thought of another VERY satisfying butt-kicking that we did down in Reunion Arena.  People remember that we took out UNC in the 1995 Final Four, but forget that we ran away from them in the second half of the 1990 Sweet Sixteen match-up (before we beat Texas) that led to a Final Four appearance in 1990.  It was a close game until midway through the second half, and then we put one of our patented runs on them to win by 23.

I was at this game (and Texas a couple of days later) with some of the best seats I've ever had for a big game.  Was sitting right behind the cheerleaders on the baseline in a small set of bleachers, about 7 or 8 rows up.  I was close enough that I could hear Oliver Miller talking trash to the Horns in the Regional Final when the Hogs were at the free-throw line.  One of my favorite all-time Hog moments. 

I know it's MMQB, but few things would get me fired up in those days like Arkansas running a fast break and Mayberry (or Day) would have a clear and easy layup/dunk with no one else even in the screen, but would pull up and shoot a three-pointer just for the hell of it.....and nail it.  Miss those days.....I really do.

Pudgepork

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Horse Racings most unlikely champ

The 22-7 beatdown of #5 Southern Cal in LIttle Rock in 1974.
Watching Dennis Winston shut down their storied running back Anthony Davis was sweet nectar.
The WMS crowd just went crazy the whole night. Pat Haden the USC QB later said they weren’t prepared for a crowd like that, that there was nothing like it on the West Coast and that he probably didn’t appreciate Southern football like he should have.

That was my first game to attend.  The crowd was LOUD as most WMS crowds were.  There was a black guy sitting about 10 rows below us in the north end zone wearing an Abe Lincoln stove pipe hat.  It had a spigot on the front and I guess it was full of beer. People were passing cups to him throughout the 2nd half and he'd put a little beer in them and pass them back.

flynhog

Forida in Fayetteville in the 2017 season, after getting screwed several years on national TV by the Forida Gators (and the BS Hog-hating refs).

Mjs84

For me, it's McFaddens entire body of work.  Didnt know it at the time, but more specifically, Darren running Spurrier out of Reynolds stadium before he slighted us, yes Razorback fans too, of the Heisman trophy.

Hawgzinbowlz

'78 Orange Bowl...watching Switzer and his hot rod wishbone backfield on the sideline in bewildered shock.

" GO HOGS "

diveplayon4thn20

The 2016 beat down we put on Florida was a good one of the more recent games. I was pretty much off the Bielema bandwagon by that time after getting blown out by Auburn again. I could see the writing on the wall but I just had a good feeling about the that game going into it. I felt like they were highly overrated (which they were) and that was when the East was still pretty terrible. I thought we matched up pretty well. I think that was the last team in the SEC we had never beaten too up until that point. I may be wrong about that though.

You were right, Florida was the only SEC team we had never beaten since joining the SEC. However, we did beat Florida in a bowl game after the 1982 season.They were not the power program they became on the 90s under Spurrier and later Urban Myer, but still that was a fun win. Gary Anderson had a great game if I recall correctly.

liljo

Man they had Barnhill South rockin’!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

• Gold Hogvillian
  • One tusk over the line sweet Jesus...

Alabama at our home one year. Don't know about now but at the time was their worst in their  history.
Nutt's 1st year... It shut up many of my Bama fan friends.

Stealth

78 Orange bowl. I had the pleasure of attending that game. The OU  fans were very obnoxious. Load mouth and complete jerks.  I have a cousin who was a tackle for the Razorbacks and had acquaintances on the OU team.  The following weeks after the game and asked them what went down. He  was told  Some of the players had snuck out and went partying the night before unto the early morning hours. They just did not take the Razorbacks seriously  especially since three of the Hogs best players had been suspended and would not  play that night

I also happened to attend the "69 Shoot out" with Texas. Did not care for the outcome of that game. For those of you who are to young to know anything about it just Google " Arkansas/OU 69 shoot out " and find out the particulars of that game. Quite a story with President Nixon attending that game. He visited both locker rooms that day. Probably to be considered the worst loss ever given to an Arksnsas football team.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 04:36:19 pm by Stealth »

Big Boi

• Senior
  • The Rodney Dangerfield of Razorbacks

A good one was I believe 03 we went to #2 Auburn and beat the stripes off of them.
I was at that game! Auburn fans were surprisingly very respectful and complementary after the loss.

Mo_Better_Hogs

• DE FENSE!! DE FENSE!!

It IS basketball season, so why not take a detour? THIS GAME is still in my top 5 funnest games I ever saw on TV. I had just gotten to Lancaster Pennsylvania (Amish country) on business. Walked into my hotel room and flipped on the tube. The first thing I saw was the big slobbering' hog!…the game had just started. The entire game I never sat down, yelling and jumping up and down, banging on the furniture. Seems there was late, long 3-pointer by big man Dwight Stewart that was just euphoric.

I'll throw 2 more hoops games out there.
-1989 SWC Tournament…Hogs 100, Horns 76. When we hit the century mark, Dallas' Reunion Arena/Barnhill South had its roof blown off. The wins of this tournament were the first of 13 straight Ws in Reunion under Nolan, and I was at every one. (MVP…the great Lenzie Howell.)
-1991 SWC Tournament…Hogs 120, Horns 89. And the Horns thought 1989 was bad! Outrageous! This was our last SWC basketball game…what a way to go out. (MVP…the Big O.)

Combine these 2 with the 1981 Longhorns football game, I see a trend. If we're going to utterly destroy another team, who better than the University of Texas??

All these basketball recollections are bumming me out. I lived in DFW during 2 of these Southwest Conference Tournament years. And what Reunion Arena was like back then was TRULY something to behold in all of Hogdom.

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis

1981 Hogs,punk Longhorns !

ivanhog

Big wins over USC, Texas, Oklahoma, and Tennessee.  Hard to pick a favorite.  I was present for USC, Texas, and Tennessee and the crowd went wild.

JOKERHOG

1981 No.1 texas on the hill

TheRazorback500

• It's better to burn out than fade away.

"The" Orange Bowl. I lived in Oklahoma for a while and ragged their butts unmercifully.

DuffMcHog

78 Orange Bowl and 81 Longhorns

Tie for best beat downs!!
These two were no doubt greatest of my lifetime. But I'll throw another out there that has so far not been mentioned. 1989 Win over Houston was a Huge one. We'd just lost to Texas, and this win over the run and shoot Cougars got us back to 2nd straight Cotton Bowl. Not many gave us a chance as Houston was so explosive at the time, and we were so conservative with Flex bone offense. But Quinn G had 2 TD passes and Hogs controlled the ball and made enough stops to get the win.

Jek Tono Porkins

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Defense Wins Championships

2011 Auburn deserves a mention. We got hosed in 2010. They came out and built a 14-7 lead in the first quarter but after that we just beat them into submission and they didn't score for the rest of the game. The 92-yard toss sweep to Joe Adams that went to the house was icing on the cake.

greenEGnHAWGS

• Another day in HV Paradise...

2011 Auburn deserves a mention. We got hosed in 2010. They came out and built a 14-7 lead in the first quarter but after that we just beat them into submission and they didn't score for the rest of the game. The 92-yard toss sweep to Joe Adams that went to the house was icing on the cake.

Fun game to watch.

Dr. Leonard Ford

I also happened to attend the "69 Shoot out" with Texas. Did not care for the outcome of that game. For those of you who are to young to know anything about it just Google " Arkansas/OU 69 shoot out " and find out the particulars of that game. Quite a story with President Nixon attending that game. He visited both locker rooms that day. Probably to be considered the worst loss ever given to an Arksnsas football team.

Thanks for that!  I've never heard of that game. What a story but gosh I sure wish we would have won.

JeffSpicoli

ambush in austin
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas