• 10,300,881 Posts
• 408,265 Topics
• 23,335 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wrestlemania Week, April 3-9 NYC  (Read 741 times)

The Lake Lizzard

Re: Wrestlemania Week, April 3-9 NYC
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2019, 12:01:17 pm »

I haven't watched wrestling in a LOOOOONG time, probably 15 years... Back when Stone Cold, The Rock, Jericho, etc. were all reigning supreme. I went to a buddy's house and watched Wrestlemania last night. I was extremely disappointed in the crowd... I remember back in the day, the crowd went nuts when the big stars came out and never sat down. It seemed like last night, all the fans were just recording with their phones and hardly cheered... Maybe that's just how it is nowadays but it definitely seems to have lost some of the magic from that era.

It was just too long and by the time the main even started, you could tell no one cared. They popped early and for Kofi's win and Cena. But other than that, the crowd was terrible. Hopefully tonight's "night after mania" crowd will be really good.

On a side note, NXT Takeover's blow anything the main roster does out of the water.

TomasPistola

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Giant Bobby Portis is tired of your crap.
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2019, 02:36:23 pm »

I haven't watched wrestling in a LOOOOONG time, probably 15 years... Back when Stone Cold, The Rock, Jericho, etc. were all reigning supreme. I went to a buddy's house and watched Wrestlemania last night. I was extremely disappointed in the crowd... I remember back in the day, the crowd went nuts when the big stars came out and never sat down. It seemed like last night, all the fans were just recording with their phones and hardly cheered... Maybe that's just how it is nowadays but it definitely seems to have lost some of the magic from that era.

It's these damn open air stadiums. The sound just goes up and out.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Eddie Goodson

• Thee Fast Eddie
  • Administrator
  • Hogvillian
    • Fearless Friday.com
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2019, 08:24:08 pm »

Easily a top five all time WM. Solid from start to finish. Four matches that could have easily main evented. Enjoyed it all.

TNhogfan

« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2019, 01:03:00 pm »

Takeover as usual was great.   I enjoy it so much more than the main roster shows.  Mania was way too long.   From pre show until conclusion almost 7 1/2 hours.  Here in the East it was almost 12:30 when it ended.  Crowd peaked at the Kofi-Bryan match.  Listening to radio shows and podcasts w/ interviews from people who were there, they said the crowd was just enduring for the last 2 hours or so. 

It'll be interesting to see how the 2 days at the Tokyo Dome works for NJPW next year and if Vince would ever consider do something similar.  I think cutting back to around 8 or 9 really good matches would be much better.   I enjoyed Kofi-Bryan, Lesnar-Rollins the most.  Could have done without the old-timers/part-timers matches.  Interested in what happens next week from Montreal and the shakeup.   I wish they would just go back a single roster or at least do like the old territory days and people move about from time to time throughout the year.  Fresh match ups are always better.

Dr. Starcs

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Tell me what you don't like about yourself.
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2019, 04:30:03 pm »

The crowd was absolutely dead for the main event.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas