• 10,660,955 Posts
• 417,881 Topics
• 24,501 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trey Flowers  (Read 5763 times)

razorbacker3

Re: Trey Flowers
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2019, 02:29:56 pm »

5-year, 90 million with 40 million at signing according to ESPN just now

DCHawg

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Conformity is the jailer of freedom
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2019, 03:18:13 pm »

Worst city in America

15-20 years ago maybe.  Detroit has become a destination for artisans and entrepreneurs of all stripes.  Cost of living is low and optimism is high.  Outdated stereotypes are...outdated. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/20/travel/detroit-michigan-downtown.html

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

A Hogwork Orange

« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2019, 04:33:43 pm »

15-20 years ago maybe.  Detroit has become a destination for artisans and entrepreneurs of all stripes.  Cost of living is low and optimism is high.  Outdated stereotypes are...outdated. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/20/travel/detroit-michigan-downtown.html

I am from Detroit. I would say even 5 years ago that place was horrible, but if you go there now it is actually pretty nice. The bad areas are still really bad though.

k.c.hawg

« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2019, 06:29:05 pm »

Most likely he will get the most guaranteed money in this free agent class. $56.5 million guaranteed!! Congratulation to Trey!!

Cambridge Hog

« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2019, 06:37:55 pm »

I wonder what the Patriots were willing to pay.  Three super Bowls and two wins by the age 25 is a huge deal. But if you hang around in New England and play in a couple more Super Bowls that would put Trey in some elite company.  I know football careers are short but I would be tempted to hang around in New England for less money for a chance at sports immortality.

some players get a bad taste in their mouth from the process in New England. they feel like they are being disrespected. i can't blame them for wanting to get paid based on how short their career can be and the threat of injury.

no doubt they wanted to keep him. but they keep winning because they don't have to manage a ton of cap dead weight each year. no one player can be bigger than the team. they have a good system and coach it well. look at the O line coach. the year or two he was gone the line was really bad. look what he did for Trent Brown. got him a huge payday. let's see how he does with that fat paycheck and with the Raiders coaches.

Will also say the ONLY thing I miss about Bret being coach at Arkansas was that Belichick trusted him and drafted several of his players( like he did with schiano at rutgers).

best wishes to Trey and congrats.

k.c.hawg

« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2019, 07:20:02 pm »

some players get a bad taste in their mouth from the process in New England. they feel like they are being disrespected. i can't blame them for wanting to get paid based on how short their career can be and the threat of injury.

no doubt they wanted to keep him. but they keep winning because they don't have to manage a ton of cap dead weight each year. no one player can be bigger than the team. they have a good system and coach it well. look at the O line coach. the year or two he was gone the line was really bad. look what he did for Trent Brown. got him a huge payday. let's see how he does with that fat paycheck and with the Raiders coaches.

Will also say the ONLY thing I miss about Bret being coach at Arkansas was that Belichick trusted him and drafted several of his players( like he did with schiano at rutgers).

best wishes to Trey and congrats.

Probably didn't offer much of anything. BB knew he would get a 3rd round pick as compensation. Probably valued that more than the player. He drafted him in the 4th, gets several years of cheap production, turns him into a compensatory 3rd. The Patriot way.

younghog

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Keep em coming
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2019, 11:32:02 am »

Better move for sure.. Put in your 5 and hang it up..

GO HOGS
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas