Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Durant  (Read 1223 times)

Buff

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • My avatar was the owner throwing the horns
Re: Durant
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2019, 08:15:07 am »

The nba media heads are basically calling for KD to come back for their own interests at this point. After tonight's loss by GS the narrative is he'll be back next game. I wonder how bad his injury really is going into free agency?

Even as just a spot-up shooter last night he would have been a massive upgrade on the court.  They had too many players out there who couldn't buy a bucket last night.

Adam Stokes

« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2019, 09:19:09 am »

If Klay comes back in game 4 I think the Warriors will win in 7. If KD comes back in any capacity by Game 5, I think they win in 6.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

EastexHawg

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2019, 10:19:27 am »

Even as just a spot-up shooter last night he would have been a massive upgrade on the court.  They had too many players out there who couldn't buy a bucket last night.

There was no scoring threat on the court other than Curry.  Even going 14 of 31 with so little offensive help was a Herculean effort.

Draymond has to shoot better.  Livingston has to shoot better.  Cousins has some of the worst moves around the basket I have ever seen for a man his size.  He is 7 feet tall and has to weigh close to 300, but he pirouettes around like a ballerina.  I keep screaming at the TV, "Go up strong and DUNK IT!"  If Shaq caught the ball in the places Cousins is getting it there would be broken fingers from people going up and trying to block his shot like they do with Cousins.  Jerebko and Quinn Cook are role players but they need to hit their shots when they are on the court, too.

The only hope the Warriors had of winning that game last night was to play great defense and hope Toronto didn't shoot well.  Neither happened.  Look at how open the 3 point shots the Raptors are getting compared to Curry's. 

311Hog

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2019, 10:29:10 am »

the margin of error for GS last night was just to slim, and the Raptors to their credit came out and shot lights out way better than you would expect.

Green even hit some 3's IMHO it wasn't him that was lacking it was Jerebko, Cousins (big fail here), Livingston and Iggy to a degree.

Jerebko has to hit those open shots he missed them all dang near.  Both he and Cousins got smoked on the defensive end to.

Cousins started poorly, Refs refused to give him a call so his whole night was garbage.

Livingston isn't going to shoot 3s, but he missed his normally money mid range which is a terrible outcome for GS

Iggy isn't much of a shooter anyway but he needed to give more to help Curry.

I was so impressed with Curry's game if anyone of the aforementioned players showed up i think GS wins last night.

EastexHawg

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2019, 12:21:22 pm »

Yeah, I see Draymond finished 6 of 14.  He was 2 of 9 at one point so he made a few late.  Both he and Iquodala were 2 of 6 from three.  I'm not sure either can be expected to shoot much better than that.

Cousins obviously wants to be a point guard.  He wants to bring the ball upcourt, he wants to hang around the 3 point line, and when he gets the ball in the paint he wants to flip up some sort of fancy, dipsy-do shot.  He is shooting 26% in the playoffs, 48% for the season, and 46% for his career.  Those numbers are incomprehensibly bad for a man his size.  Like I said, I just want to scream, "Be a man, you big lumbering baby!"  6'11" and has to be close to 300, and people take the ball from him and block his weak shots like he's a little kid.

I would not consider spending the money it would take to re-sign him.  I would honestly rather have Bogut on the court.

311Hog

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2019, 12:46:58 pm »

Yeah, I see Draymond finished 6 of 14.  He was 2 of 9 at one point so he made a few late.  Both he and Iquodala were 2 of 6 from three.  I'm not sure either can be expected to shoot much better than that.

Cousins obviously wants to be a point guard.  He wants to bring the ball upcourt, he wants to hang around the 3 point line, and when he gets the ball in the paint he wants to flip up some sort of fancy, dipsy-do shot.  He is shooting 26% in the playoffs, 48% for the season, and 46% for his career.  Those numbers are incomprehensibly bad for a man his size.  Like I said, I just want to scream, "Be a man, you big lumbering baby!"  6'11" and has to be close to 300, and people take the ball from him and block his weak shots like he's a little kid.

I would not consider spending the money it would take to re-sign him.  I would honestly rather have Bogut on the court.

yeah man Gasol just dipped his shoulder into him time and time again.  Bogut played infinitely better.  It might be time to reunite that squad.  Bogut, Klay hopefully, Steph, Iggy and Draymond with Livingston off the bench.

1highhog

• Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat.
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2019, 08:07:53 am »

GS doesn’t need Durant to win a title this year.

GS will need Durant it seems to win now don't you think.

EastexHawg

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2019, 09:04:52 am »

I don't know.  They were 6-4 in the playoffs this year with Durant, presumably against lesser teams in earlier rounds, and are 6-3 without him. 

Toronto's offense presents challenges for Golden State.  They are long, strong, and shoot well.  Didn't the Raptors win the season series when Durant was healthy?

ErieHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Life as a Politics Mod....
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2019, 02:37:44 pm »

They need Durant desperately, because the rest of their roster isn't healthy.

If they play healthy, I think its a better series than it has been-- but credit the Raptors for playing excellent basketball.

That said, the margins for error get smaller every year, as the Warrior's core ages.   They need Durant to have any hope at coming back from this, realistically.

checkraiser88

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2019, 10:25:15 pm »

Even if KD comes back he's not going to be 100%. Leonard and the rest of that crew will likely win this series in 5 maybe 6. GS lost 2 games against an 8 seed with all their players healthy, one of which blew a 30 pt lead at home. Raptors take this.

husker71

« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2019, 04:58:08 am »

Jalen Rose says they ran Durant through some drills on Thursday but he could not do much/.  The Raptors are on a real roll for the last few weeks and if not for a 7 or 8 minute stretch in game 2 by GSW this series would be over

EastexHawg

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2019, 07:01:33 pm »

Leonard and Siakam are too big and long for Draymond and Iguodala to shut down as they have done to so many teams in the past.  That's the main thing missing from this Warriors team, the ability to take over a game defensively. 

Even when they play great defense for a possession and force a miss, the Raptors too often get the offensive rebound and score anyway.

This just looks like Toronto's series.  They are outplaying the Warriors, plain and simple.

1highhog

« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2019, 09:39:45 am »

I'll be glad if Toronto wins against Golden State, I hate Green and the smugness of Him and Durant.  Leonard plays a style of ball that I love to see, and you rarely see any type of bravado in him, just goes about his business.

311Hog

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2019, 09:45:41 am »

injuries, the great equalizer in sport.

Buff

« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2019, 09:04:00 pm »

Cousins can't even spot up and shoot without getting it packed in

sevenof400

• Is it too late to remember what was best in life?
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2019, 09:53:03 pm »

injuries, the great equalizer in sport.
How -sure- are you that Durant is -that- injured and not just putting his own interests above the team?

ErieHog

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2019, 09:58:54 pm »

How -sure- are you that Durant is -that- injured and not just putting his own interests above the team?

Positive.  When you struggle to run through drills in a consistent way,  there is a health problem.  No one with the Warriors medical staff has any question that he's injured.

Buff

« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2019, 10:30:19 pm »

Cousins has come alive.  Been a good night for him, but the Warriors need more from everyone, down 3 with 2 minutes to go.

LAHogfan123

• Senior
  • Hogzilla
« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2019, 11:12:38 pm »

I hate GSW, but the fans of the Raptors cheering the reinjury of Durant came back and bit them tonight.

EastexHawg

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2019, 12:08:38 am »

Never underestimate the heart of a champion.

EastexHawg

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2019, 08:45:12 am »

Can Serge Ibaka possibly shoot any better?  It seems like in every game Toronto has someone who just can't miss, whether it is Siakam, Danny Green, Gasol, or Ibaka.  With the way players other than Leonard have stepped up to help him in game after game, and as depleted as Golden State has been, it is borderline amazing that the Warriors are still in this series.

311Hog

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2019, 10:00:39 am »

Can Serge Ibaka possibly shoot any better?  It seems like in every game Toronto has someone who just can't miss, whether it is Siakam, Danny Green, Gasol, or Ibaka.  With the way players other than Leonard have stepped up to help him in game after game, and as depleted as Golden State has been, it is borderline amazing that the Warriors are still in this series.

most people thought it would take a super human effort to beat the warriors, who knew it would take this.  For so many injuries to pile up, and for role players to go ham for the Raptors and it still isn't over.

I think this goes 7.

I feel so bad for KD, the NBA as a whole took a major hit with his injury last night. I really really hope that he didn't have a partial achilies tear and they let him play worsening it.

HognitiveDissonance

• Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2019, 10:17:34 am »

Some feel exactly that---he's had an Achilles injury the whole time, at least partially.
What happened only reinforced that notion.
DeMarcus Cousins can tell him about that. It takes a long time to recover. This is not good for KD.
But he showed a lot of character in trying to play and help the team. For KD's image, this was actually good for him.

EastexHawg

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2019, 10:24:39 am »

Some feel exactly that---he's had an Achilles injury the whole time, at least partially.
What happened only reinforced that notion.
DeMarcus Cousins can tell him about that. It takes a long time to recover. This is not good for KD.
But he showed a lot of character in trying to play and help the team. For KD's image, this was actually good for him.

I doubt Golden State would have let him play with a known Achilles tear.  Besides, Durant and his agent would have known about it and with him entering free agency this year I don't think they would have let him play, either.

Of course all that stuff, meaning the lower leg, is connected so the tightness he was experiencing may well have contributed to the Achilles ripping.  I guess the MRI today will tell us what is going on.

husker71

« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2019, 06:19:29 pm »

I dont doubt that they would let him play at all.  Team doctors are paid by the team not anyone else.  There is a reason the players now will try and get a second opinion by somebody not paid by the team whose best interest might be getting someone back on the floor or field or ice early.  Youtube Cris Carter and his comments the last few days

EastexHawg

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2019, 07:11:19 pm »

I pick Golden State to even the series tonight, but I have been wrong over and over so my pick is worthless.

It is hard for me to see where the Warriors get enough scoring to win.  Curry and Thompson will probably need to put up 65 between them unless Draymond, Iguodala, Quinn Cook, Jerebko, or all of the above have hot shooting nights.

husker71

« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2019, 08:19:05 pm »

^^^  my thoughts too about the scoring   

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Eric Musselman!
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2019, 09:21:06 pm »

Both of these teams pass the basketball so well.  It really is fun/amazing to watch.  Leonard has had an incredible run in the playoffs.

Breems

• Gold Hogvillian
  • They grow up so fast
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2019, 10:55:06 pm »

DeRozan has to feel 2 feet tall

1highhog

« Reply #79 on: June 14, 2019, 01:24:28 am »

DeRozan has to feel 2 feet tall

Yeah, I kinda feel sorry for the guy.  But I really like Leonard and the way he plays.

311Hog

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #80 on: June 14, 2019, 10:25:27 am »

What happened to the Warriors i think further cements the NBA season is to long especially if you win.  Jesus if it went 7 games they woulda had a tough time fielding a team at this point. Congrats to Toronto for getting off the snide, and my condolences for when Kawai inevitably leaves town.

ErieHog

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #81 on: June 14, 2019, 02:38:26 pm »

What happened to the Warriors i think further cements the NBA season is to long especially if you win.  Jesus if it went 7 games they woulda had a tough time fielding a team at this point. Congrats to Toronto for getting off the snide, and my condolences for when Kawai inevitably leaves town.

Same length its been for 52 years.

311Hog

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #82 on: June 14, 2019, 03:12:49 pm »

Same length its been for 52 years.

I dont think so, the first round games use to be 5 right?  i dont remember it being this long.  It is why the 3 peat is so hard, you could see it happened to Lebron to, just over all fatigue mind body and spirit.

Just feels like the season never ends.

ErieHog

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #83 on: June 14, 2019, 04:07:13 pm »

I dont think so, the first round games use to be 5 right?  i dont remember it being this long.  It is why the 3 peat is so hard, you could see it happened to Lebron to, just over all fatigue mind body and spirit.

Just feels like the season never ends.

The season has been 82 games since '67; the playoffs have gone back and forth,  5/7,  and have had one less round at times than they do now, and have had formatting before that made travel delays and wear even more common -- but they were also on compressed schedules where the NBA season was ending in May.

The problem is most definitely not the length of the season.

HognitiveDissonance

• Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #84 on: Today at 01:48:53 pm »

They should play about 65 games or so.
They could even start the season and end at same time---which means more break between games---which means a better product.
Or, they could compress the season and start around Nov 1 as now, and get the playoffs started the weekend after the Monday NCAA title game.

This makes too much sense, but the biggest obstacle to this happening is the revenue generated from the 15-20 extra games being gone.

ErieHog

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #85 on: Today at 07:26:04 pm »

They should play about 65 games or so.
They could even start the season and end at same time---which means more break between games---which means a better product.
Or, they could compress the season and start around Nov 1 as now, and get the playoffs started the weekend after the Monday NCAA title game.

This makes too much sense, but the biggest obstacle to this happening is the revenue generated from the 15-20 extra games being gone.

Yeah, the way to make your product more popular is to reduce the amount of it.....

Might as well try to encourage folding a few franchises.  It makes the same amount of sense.

EastexHawg

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #86 on: Today at 08:22:33 pm »

As a fan I want more football, basketball, golf, whatever...not less.  The length of the season didn't cause Danny Green to foul Klay hard and make him land awkwardly.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas