• 10,303,241 Posts
• 408,295 Topics
• 23,335 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Concessions Portal  (Read 2012 times)

twistitup

Concessions Portal
« on: February 09, 2019, 06:59:34 am »

This is a place where we can transfer ideas about concessions to those that make the decisions. When Hunger (or is it Hunter) Yurachek has a meeting w Levy later this year, he will have a place to send them for ideas (since they seem to lack them)

Hogville has some great food minds, but if our ideas are not organized- they won't help anyone.

The Concessions Portal gives Hogville a true voice in concessions. Jeff L did not pay much attention to concessions while he was here and looked what happened there. It may be a good idea to improve food and beverage while we are trying to improve our product on the field.

...here's to hoping the football program and concessions peak at the same time! Cheers

twistitup

Re: Concessions Portal
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 07:00:32 am »

Get things started off right, why doesn't EVERY concessions stand have this? Frito Lay is one of our major sponsors!

The Classic Frito Pie - we can get this right without much effort- I would think......

« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 08:40:46 am by twistitup »

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

twistitup

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 07:18:04 am »

Ice cold cans of Coke.

For those that don't want to wait in the long lines....have people walking around selling cold cans of coke.

I remember down in New Orleans at the Sugar Bowl....feels like a lifetime ago, but there was a guy selling cold cokes on the street - singles right out of the cardboard box. Next to him was a guy selling bud light singles - right out of the box. Good little side hustle - but it wouldn't work outside of RRS. Hopefully concessions can handle it inside of RRS.

(notOM)Rebel123

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 08:21:29 am »

Classic Frito Pie & Coca-Cola...you came out of the gate strong.

NuttinItUp

• Gold Hogvillian
  • In Karma Nirvana for all time.
    • Bring Back Slobbering Hog
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2019, 12:12:00 pm »

Nathan's hot dogs?
Alcohol sales?

Some ideas off this list:
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/08/nfl-stadium-foods-craziest-rankings-2018-menu-teams

rzrbackramsfan

• All-American Hogvillian
  • "Winners never quit, quitters never win"
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2019, 05:24:23 pm »

Brownies laced with PCP

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2019, 06:22:22 pm »

Dodger Dogs

twistitup

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2019, 06:29:47 pm »

Big Hog Dog - Footlong - smothered / covered - 5.00

Lil Hog Dog - 8" - smothered / covered - 3.00

add 1.00 for a can of coke and small bag of cracked black pepper pork rinds
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 07:22:57 pm by twistitup »

1highhog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat.
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2019, 06:37:24 pm »

Get things started off right, why doesn't EVERY concessions stand have this? Frito Lay is one of our major sponsors!

The Classic Frito Pie - we can get this right without much effort- I would think......

You kill me twist, this thread should be stickied.

1highhog

• Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat.
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2019, 06:39:04 pm »

If someone would sell outside of RRS RC colas and moonpies I'd buy.

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2019, 07:07:06 pm »

RC cola and Moon pies as pregame treats!

twistitup

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2019, 07:09:53 pm »

RC cola and Moon pies as pregame treats!

Great Idea....staple southern treats - we ARE in the SEC

« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 07:26:57 pm by twistitup »

(notOM)Rebel123

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2019, 07:58:17 pm »

May I suggest.....

twistitup

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2019, 06:14:26 am »

Herraudura Foods out of Springdale can handle the street tacos...who better to handle the lil tacos than a local company

3.00/ea or a 6 pack for 15.00

Dr. Leonard Ford

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2019, 08:49:49 am »

If someone would sell outside of RRS RC colas and moonpies I'd buy.

Prepare for diabetes!

rhames

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2019, 08:52:30 am »

Its beyond time to bring coke back

Want to win? Bring it back.

twistitup

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2019, 08:59:49 am »

Prepare for diabetes!

...btw, those moonpies Doc:

NuttinItUp

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2019, 09:25:07 am »

twistitup

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2019, 09:32:51 am »

Prepare for diabetes!

We have some healthier options too....1/2 roasted yard bird, little salad, little rice & beans

Not perfect, but headed in the right direction.

twistitup

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2019, 09:35:11 am »

Doc said every concession stand needs one (or two) of these

NuttinItUp

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2019, 09:58:51 am »

A few ideas stolen from the Timber Rattlers of Wisconsin (baseball):

1)Mac & Cheese Dog:  A 9-inch natural casing wiener from Cher-Make topped with Mac & Cheese and chopped bacon served on a hoagie.
2)Western Dog: A 9-inch natural casing wiener from Cher-Make covered in BBQ sauce, bacon, and cheddar cheese served on a hoagie.
3)BBQ Piggy Burger:  A quarter pound burger topped with BBQ pulled pork, cheese sauce, and fried onions stacked on a fresh, grilled, split-top burger bun.
4)Barnyard Waffle Burger: The cow, chicken, and pig have joined forces to make this delicious burger. A one pound burger, a fried chicken breast, and crispy bacon combine with American cheese. The bun for this creation? Belgian Waffles drizzled in syrup!

Seebs

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2019, 10:00:13 am »

I'd like some flakey Brioche. I would enjoy some Belgian Endive and Goose Pate.  Nah, screw all that. We should and will have  taunting treats for when rivals come to our home (not in LR).
Razorback red Corndogs and Red Beignets when LSU is in town
Candy Cigarettes when Kentucky visits
When Ole Miss arrives we serve a bowl of shame with a side of the six commandments they break every recruiting season.
Miss State gets nothing special because they are nothing special
Bama gets Ice Cream covered in chocolate dollar coins wit ha side of too much makeup
Auburn gets the commemorative Malzahn bobble head. It will only bobble half the time and costs you 32 million.
A&M with get you the Skipper Trippers salt water taffy of tears. It will pull out your heart and your fillings.
Vandy will get you funnel cakes without powered sugar or chocolate. Bland for the bland.
Mizzou will provide the Capote classic of baby food and scotch sorbet. Baby food for the whiny teets that a  Mizzou fans and scotch for when they win.

Just some random ideas.

LZH

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2019, 10:05:00 am »

1)Mac & Cheese Dog:  A 9-inch natural casing wiener from Cher-Make topped with Mac & Cheese and chopped bacon served on a hoagie.
2)Western Dog: A 9-inch natural casing wiener from Cher-Make covered in BBQ sauce, bacon, and cheddar cheese served on a hoagie.
3)BBQ Piggy Burger:  A quarter pound burger topped with BBQ pulled pork, cheese sauce, and fried onions stacked on a fresh, grilled, split-top burger bun.
4)Barnyard Waffle Burger: The cow, chicken, and pig have joined forces to make this delicious burger. A one pound burger, a fried chicken breast, and crispy bacon combine with American cheese. The bun for this creation? Belgian Waffles drizzled in syrup!

+1 for coronary special of the week........looks yummy, though.

twistitup

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2019, 10:07:06 am »

for those w a sweet tooth...

the cotton candy burrito

NuttinItUp

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2019, 10:09:29 am »

+1 for coronary special of the week........looks yummy, though.

True.

If you ever go to the fair, you can see deep-fried almost everything. Oreos, Mars-bars, butter, and even peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Talk about a coronary. Dang tasty though...

Maybe we should do deep-fried PB&J in honor of the halftime meals our last coach served..

LZH

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2019, 10:20:15 am »

Ha!

OK, I admit I'd eat one.

Malvin

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2019, 10:25:30 am »

Let's be real here, the food doesn't matter if you can't buy it without missing half the game.  The biggest impact they could make is bringing some innovation to the stadium that would help people get served faster.  They need to take a trip to Disney World and look at some of the strategies being used.. for example:

Provide a pickup line at every booth for people to order through their phone... which means having a phone app that you can order and pay for the meal.  When the food is ready your phone will receive a message and you just walk up and pick it up.  This is super fast at Disney and convenient.

On hot days (early in the year) have vendors dedicated to just selling water.. this will help shorten the regular lines as people who are near death and just want some water can get just that.  On the cold days have a similar concept for hot drinks.

I think just as a general observation the level and speed of service at the games is atrocious.  It's not about the people that are actually working it, but the decisions that are being made before the season even begins.  Every game I go to I have plenty of cash, I'm ready to buy and have a big time but I can't count the number of times that cash stays in my pocket because I don't want to sit in line for 30 minutes to buy a hot dog.

Out of all the sporting events I go to.. and I go to a lot, going to a Razorbacks game seems the most barbaric.   

NuttinItUp

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2019, 10:35:33 am »

Let's be real here, the food doesn't matter if you can't buy it without missing half the game.  The biggest impact they could make is bringing some innovation to the stadium that would help people get served faster.  They need to take a trip to Disney World and look at some of the strategies being used.. for example:

Provide a pickup line at every booth for people to order through their phone... which means having a phone app that you can order and pay for the meal.  When the food is ready your phone will receive a message and you just walk up and pick it up.  This is super fast at Disney and convenient.

On hot days (early in the year) have vendors dedicated to just selling water.. this will help shorten the regular lines as people who are near death and just want some water can get just that.  On the cold days have a similar concept for hot drinks.

I think just as a general observation the level and speed of service at the games is atrocious.  It's not about the people that are actually working it, but the decisions that are being made before the season even begins.  Every game I go to I have plenty of cash, I'm ready to buy and have a big time but I can't count the number of times that cash stays in my pocket because I don't want to sit in line for 30 minutes to buy a hot dog.

Out of all the sporting events I go to.. and I go to a lot, going to a Razorbacks game seems the most barbaric.   

^^^This^^^

I love the app ordering idea.

Someone get these ideas to the decision makers on the Hill.

twistitup

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2019, 10:59:16 am »

^^^This^^^

I love the app ordering idea.

Someone get these ideas to the decision makers on the Hill.

Thank goodness we now have the HCP -  the decision makers have a place to come for concessions reminders

#noexcuses

ImHogginIt

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2019, 12:04:00 pm »

Ice cold cans of Coke.

For those that don't want to wait in the long lines....have people walking around selling cold cans of coke.

I remember down in New Orleans at the Sugar Bowl....feels like a lifetime ago, but there was a guy selling cold cokes on the street - singles right out of the cardboard box. Next to him was a guy selling bud light singles - right out of the box. Good little side hustle - but it wouldn't work outside of RRS. Hopefully concessions can handle it inside of RRS.

Can't have cans cause folks like Ponderin' are known for throwing things on the field
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 04:34:53 pm by ImHogginIt »

LZH

« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2019, 01:42:50 pm »

Read thru this and tell me you aren’t hungry. I’m eating right now......

99toLife

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Crazy Times Make Crazy people Crazier!!!!
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2019, 01:59:44 pm »

Never been to any college venue that had food that was anything other than "I'm hungry, I'll eat anything level"  NFL-MLB  oh yeah, they got food...  College not so much.   

twistitup

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2019, 02:13:54 pm »

"Never been to any college venue that hd food that was anything other than "I'm hungry, I'll eat anything level"  NFL-MLB  oh yeah, they got food...  College not so much.

?

"No longer is a simple hot dog or bucket of popcorn up to par. From Louisiana to Lincoln, Neb., fans are chowing down on delicacies as they cheer on the boys of fall. Never heard of a Badger Stacker or an Udder Delights ice cream sandwich? Well, you’ve been missing out."

https://www.si.com/college-football/2015/09/11/ten-college-football-concession-stand-food-items-try-2015-season

and that article is from 2015...you should get out more
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 02:30:12 pm by twistitup »

rzrbk4life

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2019, 02:25:38 pm »

I’d be all over that barnyard waffle burger

99toLife

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Crazy Times Make Crazy people Crazier!!!!
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2019, 02:31:45 pm »

?

"No longer is a simple hot dog or bucket of popcorn up to par. From Louisiana to Lincoln, Neb., fans are chowing down on delicacies as they cheer on the boys of fall. Never heard of a Badger Stacker or an Udder Delights ice cream sandwich? Well, you’ve been missing out."

https://www.si.com/college-football/2015/09/11/ten-college-football-concession-stand-food-items-try-2015-season

and that article is from 2015...you should get out more

Like I said, no college venue has much.. Compared to the NFL-MLB venues...

Although I agree the UofA kibble ain't good..

murthage

« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2019, 09:38:50 pm »

Twistitup...
Dang you messed with my mind.  Wife couldn't understand why I added all the ingredients for Frito Pie to our grocery shopping this afternoon.  I pulled up the picture in your post on my iPhone Hogville app, and she was relieved that I wasn't suffering from "old-timers" disease.  Great thread.  Hope you are successful in your endeavor. 

If we went full cycle, we would add SOS to the menu, with fond memories of my Army days.  ;)

Dr. Leonard Ford

« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2019, 10:16:36 pm »

Sorry but I am not eating that hot dog in the upper left pic.

NuttinItUp

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2019, 10:46:06 pm »

Sorry but I am not eating that hot dog in the upper left pic.

That one is for the kids.

twistitup

« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2019, 06:13:29 am »

Twistitup...
Dang you messed with my mind.  Wife couldn't understand why I added all the ingredients for Frito Pie to our grocery shopping this afternoon.  I pulled up the picture in your post on my iPhone Hogville app, and she was relieved that I wasn't suffering from "old-timers" disease.  Great thread.  Hope you are successful in your endeavor. 

If we went full cycle, we would add SOS to the menu, with fond memories of my Army days.  ;)

My mother made SOS occasionally back in the day...usually towards the end of the month when things got tight. That might be a good blue plate special for the fellas up in the 500's. Sometimes you can barely afford the ticket, but still need some food.... Sooie O' Sooie to the rescue.

Open Faced SOS (Sooie O' Sooie) - 2.99
(We will have 2 different versions: 11:00am w bacon / sausage... Afternoon kickoff w ground beef)

Don't hate it till you try it

Nashville Fan

• Welcome to next year!
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2019, 06:21:38 am »

ohhh delivery to your seat like GrubHub but for an extra charge.

twistitup

« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2019, 06:25:45 am »

it's a great idea....possibly groundbreaking. We should have UofA students (with a passion for concessions) design the app.

HCP is putting out the CALL for student app developers that want to change the (concessions) world. This app could change the way concessions are ordered/delivered at stadiums and arenas nationwide and it starts right here in Fville. It's more than just another app....it's all about concessions.

Think about the legacy!!

Razorback Concessions Portal  - it's as easy as putting your order into the portal.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 08:30:12 am by twistitup »

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Eric Musselman!
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2019, 10:14:11 am »

Can's have cans cause folks like Ponderin' are known for throwing things on the field
That's not what happened!  I was doing a fist pump and it slipped out of my hand.

NuttinItUp

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2019, 02:29:55 pm »

it's a great idea....possibly groundbreaking. We should have UofA students (with a passion for concessions) design the app.

HCP is putting out the CALL for student app developers that want to change the (concessions) world. This app could change the way concessions are ordered/delivered at stadiums and arenas nationwide and it starts right here in Fville. It's more than just another app....it's all about concessions.

Think about the legacy!!

Razorback Concessions Portal  - it's as easy as putting your order into the portal.

You guys are true visionaries.

The Kig

• Hogville Heroes
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2019, 03:29:59 pm »

Brownies laced with PCP

Prefer my brownies to have a more calming effect... no need for something to get my heart racing any faster than it already is during games.

The Kig

• Hogville Heroes
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2019, 03:31:03 pm »

That's not what happened!  I was doing a fist pump and it slipped out of my hand.

Did you "slip" the one that hit Gronk in the head during their SB parade? 

twistitup

« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2019, 07:07:30 pm »

the food runners could make tips just like Grubhub drivers...not just volunteers anymore, they eave w cash in their pocket. 
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 02:01:35 am by twistitup »

go hogues

• You're at an eight but we need you at a two.
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2019, 10:33:38 pm »

Upgrade to Velveeta/Rotel queso instead of the traditional nacho cheese sauce. I’d gladly pay an extra buck for better tasting nachos.

Even better, upgrade to the Paul Eels cheese dip recipe from Tailgate Central.

Tejano Jawg

• Go Hogs! Hit that ball!
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2019, 08:22:38 am »

Hard to beat this on a chilly Fall afternoon!

twistitup

« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2019, 09:31:55 am »

Hard to beat this on a chilly Fall afternoon!

At least 30,000 could be sold at every home game

Hogswarts

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2019, 11:01:00 am »

This is a great idea. But man, I have a hard enough time accessing any internet while at the stadium on game days. Imagine 50,000 people trying to order food from an app all at the same time!

I guess we need to get AT&T involved with this. Lol
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas