• 10,306,502 Posts
• 408,354 Topics
• 23,331 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: SEC West  (Read 3838 times)

hawgfan4life

Re: SEC West
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2019, 01:07:11 pm »

Well when it comes down to decimal points then by god youíre close. I mean if someone can tell me how they can tell a kids a 0.88 vs a 0.865 then Iíll kiss their ass

It is because they are rated .015 better.  Pucker up...

The Kig

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Hogville Heroes
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2019, 01:13:18 pm »

A little food for thought, but In the Big 12 this class would be #3 in conference.  But, I do Understand that part of the appeal to The Hill is that we are in the SEC.  So, just stirring the pot. 

Some of our recruiting appeal is playing in the SEC.  While this class may have ranked #3 in the Big 12, not sure we would sustain that level.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Piggyback78

« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2019, 01:24:56 pm »

Some of our recruiting appeal is playing in the SEC.  While this class may have ranked #3 in the Big 12, not sure we would sustain that level.

When schools are playing kids that cant read or write its time to go. Academics remember?

Con el Cerdos

« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2019, 02:06:12 pm »

Aggies #4 thats hilarious!

How so?

If #4 is hilarious, I'd like to be laughing my ass off every year with Arkansas' #4 classes.

Con el Cerdos

« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2019, 02:14:20 pm »

Aggies #4 thats hilarious!
Whatís hilarious are the posters here who laughed when they hired Jimbo. Now thereís a man whoís flat out  recruiting. We are about where Bret was considered we now have better WR and he had better OL. We shall see whatís more important.

Doesn't matter how good the WRs are, really, really difficult for a QB to complete a pass lying on his back.  Ask Austin Allen.

With damn near everyone in the conference ahead of us in the class-rankings, I don't see this one class as being a major game changer in conference play for the Razorbacks.

Piggyback78

« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2019, 02:15:13 pm »

How so?

If #4 is hilarious, I'd like to be laughing my ass off every year with Arkansas' #4 classes.

It looks worse than ole miss having a top #5 class in my opinion.

Con el Cerdos

« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2019, 02:22:33 pm »

[quote author

What’s hilarious are the posters here who laughed when they hired Jimbo. Now there’s a man who’s flat out  recruiting. We are about where Bret was considered we now have better WR and he had better OL. We shall see what’s more important.

They'll figured it out in about four or five years. 

Personally, I don't think he or anyone will roll bama while Saban is there.  But Jimbo is going to be a ball-buster for the Arkansas football program as long as he is there.  He just has access to too many really great high school players within a three or four hour truck ride from the A&M campus that already want to be Aggies.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 02:57:55 pm by Con el Cerdos »

Piggyback78

« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2019, 02:33:00 pm »

They'll figured it out in about four or five years. 

Personally, I don't think he or anyone will roll bama while Saban is there.  But Jimbo is going to be a ball-buster for the Arkansas football program as long as he is there.  He just has access to too many really great high school players within a three or four truck ride from the A&M campus.

If he ever does beat Alabama it'll be the beginning of the end for the Aggies. We all know how they get their recruits nothing has changed in 40 years at a$m

RyanMallettsEgo

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Let me buy you lunch
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2019, 02:39:39 pm »

If he ever does beat Alabama it'll be the beginning of the end for the Aggies. We all know how they get their recruits nothing has changed in 40 years at a$m

God this is so ignorant.

HognitiveDissonance

• Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2019, 02:43:54 pm »

Not as ignorant as those who were saying A&M joining the SEC was somehow going to HELP Arkansas.

You can read a lot of crazy stuff around here, but that's got to be in the Top 5. Because it was said by more than one person.

Piggyback78

« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2019, 02:44:57 pm »

God this is so ignorant.

How is it ignorant?

Piggyback78

« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2019, 02:49:58 pm »

Not as ignorant as those who were saying A&M joining the SEC was somehow going to HELP Arkansas.

You can read a lot of crazy stuff around here, but that's got to be in the Top 5. Because it was said by more than one person.

We played in the swc for years with the aggies and destroyed them. Something has changed all of a sudden and sudden changes don't look good for a school thats never won anything..

RyanMallettsEgo

• Let me buy you lunch
« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2019, 02:50:39 pm »

We played in the swc for years with the aggies and destroyed them. Something has changed all of a sudden and sudden changes don't look good for a school thats never won anything..

You mean things have changed since that '64 Arkansas team?

You sure?

Piggyback78

« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2019, 02:51:30 pm »

Well they've always had alot of money which never helped them in sports.

Piggyback78

« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2019, 02:53:13 pm »

You mean things have changed since that '64 Arkansas team?

You sure?

Yea just think if aggies win 15 or 20 more games in a row against Arkansas you guys might up us by 1 lol.

RyanMallettsEgo

• Let me buy you lunch
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2019, 02:56:11 pm »

Yea just think if aggies win 15 or 20 more games in a row against Arkansas you guys might up us by 1 lol.

Ah, "you guys." There it is. I look at things from an objective lens, so of course I'm in infiltrator. I've called been an Ole Miss fan, a Kentucky fan (what?), and now an A&M fan on this board.

Try to understand the world around you and look at it from all points of view.

Piggyback78

« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2019, 03:08:22 pm »

Ah, "you guys." There it is. I look at things from an objective lens, so of course I'm in infiltrator. I've called been an Ole Miss fan, a Kentucky fan (what?), and now an A&M fan on this board.

Try to understand the world around you and look at it from all points of view.

Oh i do see whats going on in the world around me cupcake! Im not naive like most people and realize how corrupt money has made sports!

RyanMallettsEgo

• Let me buy you lunch
« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2019, 03:21:50 pm »

Oh i do see whats going on in the world around me cupcake! Im not naive like most people and realize how corrupt money has made sports!

Then I guess we better start doin' what the big boys do or else just fold it up and go home.

Piggyback78

« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2019, 03:28:42 pm »

Then I guess we better start doin' what the big boys do or else just fold it up and go home.

We might already be thats alot of 4 stars in a single class! Im just mad about losing lakia at the last minute..

HogPharmer

« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2019, 03:40:07 pm »

lol

Tick Hog

« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2019, 04:34:42 pm »

You can "see" year three?!?!

PM me, man, I got some stocks I need you to check out while you're "there."

I, for one, by the way, never thought BB was "piss poor." I didn't like him because I didn't trust him. Just couldn't believe a guy with his background could ever truly feel a loyalty to the UofA. And, as soon as he got the "BIG Contract Extension with the Buyout Guarantee" I knew the writing was on the wall. The man stood to make a ton of money by simply not working hard for a school and state he couldn't care less about to begin with. It wasn't that he was "unable" to succeed here. It was that his definition of success was "get rich and get gone." For BB, it was "mission accomplished" the day he was fired.

I know Coach Morris may head off somewhere else later in his career, but he'll absolutely HAVE to build something at Arkansas first, if he wants a head job at any other big-time program. He has gambled a lot taking this job, and seems to be pouring his heart and soul into succeeding here. But all too often on HV, I see some poster who thinks they know something about coaching insulting the man's abilities.

Right now at Arkansas heís a 2 win man and Ofer in the SEC. As a head college coach heís 16-32. Nothing more and nothing less. Thatís what I know about his abilities.

hawginTN

• Band Nerd
« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2019, 04:53:00 pm »

It looks worse than ole miss having a top #5 class in my opinion.

Some here seem to be a bit too dismissive of the Aggies. They are out of Texas's shadow, have big time money, fertile recruiting grounds, excellent facilities, a big name coach, and now play in the premiere conference in America.  It is not surprising to me that they are recruiting so well.

IMHO, A&M joining the SEC has been a bad thing for Arkansas. It has made the Arkansas job tougher. Arkansas used the be the western recruiting edge of the SEC. LSU in some ways has been hurt as well. East Texas has always been good to them. It is certainly more competitive for them too with A&M now in the same division. LSU and Arkansas could sell to Texans the glamour of playing in the SEC. Still can....  but it is tougher with a major Texas school now in the SEC.

Our successes have diminished immensely since SEC expansion. This may not be a coincidence. The fact is, that the already competitive environment we operated in became even more competitive in 2012. And we've basically been down since.

The Jeff Long haters have probably overlooked one thing they maybe could have held his feet to the fire on. He was a big proponent of A&M getting into the SEC. I would not have been so eager to let them in. Their impact on Arkansas may be greater than some fans here are willing to admit. Or just not really aware of.

I could be wrong. I'm wrong a lot. My wife says so.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 05:16:24 pm by hawginTN »

HognitiveDissonance

« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2019, 05:19:28 pm »

Of course. A&M in the SWC days is NOT = A&M today.

They are not Texas's little 'bro any more. Huge difference.

Our biggest recruiting pitch was 'come play in the SEC and leave Texas'. Now we can't say that anymore.
A&M can now say 'stay at home in Texas and still play in the SEC'.

Huge difference.

Coaching matters, and this is not the only factor. But anyone who thinks A&M joining the SEC helps Arkansas is crazy.
A&M joining the league probably hurt Arkansas more than any other school.

And it was the best move A&M ever made. Good for them. Bad for us. They can now stand proudly on their own two feet and no longer have to bow to Texas, as they're not even in the same league anymore. They're completely independent and have the state of Texas all to themselves, at least from an SEC standpoint.

This is not a death blow to Arkansas...but it hurts.

hogsmash12

« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2019, 06:23:10 pm »

I remember that talk but had just the opposite thought when that move happened.  I donít remember where that thought originated but it had to be spin / damage control.

PORKULATOR

• knows how to 'dunk the crumpets'
« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2019, 09:23:02 pm »

A little food for thought, but In the Big 12 this class would be #3 in conference.  But, I do Understand that part of the appeal to The Hill is that we are in the SEC.  So, just stirring the pot. 
I hope you break your spoon.
😁😆😂

« Reply #76 on: February 08, 2019, 09:45:55 am »

Of course. A&M in the SWC days is NOT = A&M today.

They are not Texas's little 'bro any more. Huge difference.

Our biggest recruiting pitch was 'come play in the SEC and leave Texas'. Now we can't say that anymore.
A&M can now say 'stay at home in Texas and still play in the SEC'.

Huge difference.

Coaching matters, and this is not the only factor. But anyone who thinks A&M joining the SEC helps Arkansas is crazy.
A&M joining the league probably hurt Arkansas more than any other school.

And it was the best move A&M ever made. Good for them. Bad for us. They can now stand proudly on their own two feet and no longer have to bow to Texas, as they're not even in the same league anymore. They're completely independent and have the state of Texas all to themselves, at least from an SEC standpoint.

This is not a death blow to Arkansas...but it hurts.

Agree totally.

On top of that we had an idiot coach who did nothing but insult
high school coaches and players in Texas.

We now have a coach who is from Texas, coached high school football
there, won big and is well respected by the high school coaches there.

We have 6 players from Texas in this class ( not counting PWO's)
We will see many more in years to come. This staff knows where
the fertile ground is for recruiting and they know how to recruit.

In it well to remember that in the last 5 years Clemson has averaged
11.8 in recruiting while Bama averaged about 1.5.

Anyone remember what Clemson did to Bama in the championship game?
BTW they did that with CCM's offense.

The future's so bright I gotta wear shades

farfromgroovins

• Varsity
« Reply #77 on: February 08, 2019, 11:38:24 am »

Just keep adding those 4-stars at this rate and the Hogs will have a much better product on the field.  This was a great start considering what we've seen lately.

Right now it is working on getting back to being competitive......winning comes next.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas