• 10,311,540 Posts
• 408,463 Topics
• 23,339 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Chad Morris has the ‘Hammer Down’. This is GREAT!  (Read 8822 times)

urkillnmesmalls

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Experience: You get it just after you needed it!
Re: Chad Morris has the ‘Hammer Down’. This is GREAT!
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2019, 02:09:22 pm »

All I know is I see wayyy more people on here now that didn't like him early than I ever did when we was early in his tenor.

What does his singing voice have to do with anything?  No way he was a soprano, and doesn't seem quite low enough for bass.

Maybe that was the issue with his coaching...he's spending too much time singing.   

jhogg

« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2019, 02:15:13 pm »

This team needs discipline,  it's been way to soft the last couple years

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2019, 02:16:59 pm »

This is just a way to appeal to old fans. Personally, I wish they’d use modern technology when it’s an option. You think that Dabo, Saban, or Belichick would pull this?

So ask coach if that appeal to Old fans is why. I’m sure he’ll say differently. And yes I’d bet other coaches would try anything. Heck Belichick would just fire them. Good grief some people will use anything to dog coach.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 02:33:21 pm by Inhogswetrust »

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2019, 02:19:20 pm »

Hell, this is how Belichick dresses for games.

Ding, ding, ding we have a leader for post of the day.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 02:32:58 pm by Inhogswetrust »

HogPharmer

« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2019, 02:21:58 pm »

What does his singing voice have to do with anything?  No way he was a soprano, and doesn't seem quite low enough for bass.

Maybe that was the issue with his coaching...he's spending too much time singing.

Nobody has a tenor voice as nice as Ronnie Dunn's

Knot2brite

« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2019, 02:36:59 pm »

That will turn those two wins into four wins for sure....or it won’t...that is all sound and fury but in the end...it may not matter what they are wearing

Uberanubis

« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2019, 02:41:18 pm »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1092789049562226689

i hope this works. its supposed to be a link to a video of the same practice from the pics.

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Eric Musselman!
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2019, 02:57:32 pm »

He's just pandering to his bass...

Redhogs

« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2019, 03:06:14 pm »

I don't have a problem with it.  It's Morris's team to run as he sees fit.  I think things that are earned mean more in the end than the things that are handed to you.  So I can see a lot of upside with this tactic. 

Still, I'm going to remain a Debbie Downer until we win some dang football games.  Every day of the week besides game day, Morris seems to knock it out of the park.  Offseason always looks good and the recruiting in the early signing period gives me a lot of hope. 

But it will take some results on the field for me to get on the hype train.
Think everyone feels this way...or at least they should. It's pure logic.

010HogFan

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • I Got Dat Wood Coach
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2019, 03:09:29 pm »

This is really just dumb.  Wearing ugly gray sweats during work outs isn't going to make the play calling any better next fall. 

And it seems everything Chad Morris does is just super great.  I'm sure his poop doesn't stink, either.  Then, when he's inevitably fired, everyone will make fun of the gray sweats and the stupid hammer down crap!  It will happen.

Shut up.

Pigs in Zen

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Chico’s Bail Bonds
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2019, 03:13:08 pm »

That will turn those two wins into four wins for sure....or it won’t...that is all sound and fury but in the end...it may not matter what they are wearing

Well, you certainly live up to your handle, cheers. 😉

Anyone here familiar with the concept of breaking down the individual through very difficult training to build esprit de corps among your peers? If only there was an example that I could point to that prepares recruits for all elements of what they are going to face as a group: the physical, mental and emotional demands of their work. Something tangible that gives recruits the basic tools necessary to perform their roles in complete cohesion that will be asked of them for the duration of their scholarships.

If only there was an example of a similar process. 🧐😑

« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 03:28:21 pm by Pigs in Zen »

tconey1

« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2019, 03:27:12 pm »

He's just pandering to his bass...

He has a pet fish?

Justifiable Hogicide

« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2019, 04:47:11 pm »

Seems pretty silly to me.

Pigs in Zen

• Chico’s Bail Bonds
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2019, 04:54:15 pm »

Seems pretty silly to me.

I’m sure it does, you were never much a “solutions” guy.

Knot2brite

« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2019, 05:01:19 pm »

Anyone here familiar with the concept of breaking down the individual through very difficult training to build esprit de corps among your peers? If only there was an example that I could point to that prepares recruits for all elements of what they are going to face as a group: the physical, mental and emotional demands of their work. Something tangible that gives recruits the basic tools necessary to perform their roles in complete cohesion that will be asked of them for the duration of their scholarships.

Yeah that isn’t always effective with scholarship athletes...they are not taking the country’s salt. Trust me...I have seen it used many many times in athletics. Sometimes it works....most of the time it doesn’t ....

jhogg

« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2019, 05:07:32 pm »

yes I served in the army that's what they do in basic training, tear you down and built you back up, also it builds character , team work. I agree 100% with your post

Knot2brite

« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2019, 05:15:38 pm »

yes I served in the army that's what they do in basic training, tear you down and built you back up, also it builds character , team work. I agree 100% with your post
Again....if they were in the military that would be how to approach it. They aren’t. They are athletes and while they do crave and need discipline...modern day athletes do not always respond to this and I am betting the vast majority won’t. This method seldom produces the desired effect athletically but may help to bring about focus. I have worked for several coaches who have tried this method with very mixed results.

Pigs in Zen

• Chico’s Bail Bonds
« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2019, 05:22:53 pm »

Yeah that isn’t always effective with scholarship athletes...they are not taking the country’s salt. Trust me...I have seen it used many many times in athletics. Sometimes it works....most of the time it doesn’t ....

The Junction Boys say hello...

I’ve lived long enough to know that when someone say “Trust me”, I don’t.

If you’ve worked effectively in Athletics then you know there are times when a Program needs a cultural change. It’s quite obvious to everyone who’s paying attention that the Hogs have had a serious problem with mental/physical toughness and the “will” to finish strong. No one should actually confuse this with actual bootcamp but it’s quite clear they are using similar techniques to breaking down the individual to build team cohesion and mental toughness.

I’m sure these athletes understand why this process is happening and why it will be mutually beneficial to them, if not, they will leave after spring. It seems pretty basic to me.

Pigs in Zen

• Chico’s Bail Bonds
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2019, 05:32:12 pm »

Again....if they were in the military that would be how to approach it. They aren’t. They are athletes and while they do crave and need discipline...modern day athletes do not always respond to this and I am betting the vast majority won’t. This method seldom produces the desired effect athletically but may help to bring about focus. I have worked for several coaches who have tried this method with very mixed results.

Not trying to be difficult but the point went clear over your head. They are using techniques from this training process to get a very specific and desired result.. They are NOT putting them through ACTUAL bootcamp. This isn’t hard.

HogPharmer

« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2019, 05:32:19 pm »

The Junction Boys say hello...

I’ve lived long enough to know that when someone say “Trust me”, I don’t.

If you’ve worked effectively in Athletics then you know there are times when a Program needs a cultural change. It’s quite obvious to everyone who’s paying attention that the Hogs have had a serious problem with mental/physical toughness and the “will” to finish strong. No one should actually confuse this with actual bootcamp but it’s quite clear they are using similar techniques to breaking down the individual to build team cohesion and mental toughness.

I’m sure these athletes understand why this process is happening and why it will be mutually beneficial to them, if not, they will leave after spring. It seems pretty basic to me.

Clearly he's never watched Remember The Titans either...

Knot2brite

« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2019, 05:44:33 pm »

Not trying to be difficult but the point went clear over your head. They are using techniques from this training process to get a very specific and desired result.. They are NOT putting them through ACTUAL bootcamp. This isn’t hard.

When the darn doesn’t work and you don’t get the desired effects then don’t be upset

Pigs in Zen

• Chico’s Bail Bonds
« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2019, 05:59:42 pm »

When the darn doesn’t work and you don’t get the desired effects then don’t be upset

I can see given your emotional response that bootcamp would be difficult for you.

Knot2brite

« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2019, 06:00:15 pm »

I can see given your emotional response that bootcamp would be difficult for you.
It wasn’t

Pigs in Zen

• Chico’s Bail Bonds
« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2019, 06:05:46 pm »

From this combat veteran, thank you for your service Sir.

jhogg

« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2019, 06:25:29 pm »

From this combat veteran, thank you for your service Sir.
thank  you for your service

Deerhunter

« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2019, 06:27:37 pm »

This is really just dumb.  Wearing ugly gray sweats during work outs isn't going to make the play calling any better next fall. 

And it seems everything Chad Morris does is just super great.  I'm sure his poop doesn't stink, either.  Then, when he's inevitably fired, everyone will make fun of the gray sweats and the stupid hammer down crap!  It will happen.

Most factual post I’ve ever read on here.  I agree.  See with every coach we get. 

hawg66

« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2019, 06:31:16 pm »

Hell, this is how Belichick dresses for games.
+++

Deerhunter

« Reply #77 on: February 05, 2019, 06:35:17 pm »

BB was almost everyone's man until he wasn't anymore.  Once critical mass hit it was okay not to like him.  It's the fan cycle.  It will happen again.

Truth.  When someone said something negative about BB they were attacked on here the same way a couple have been in this thread with Morris.  Now those that attacked people and took up for BB are the very same ones trashing him like they always saw it coming and state how worthless they feel he is.  Defiantly a bi-polar group of “fans”.  Fans of the coach that is until it’s not popular anymore.

UnknownNobody

« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2019, 06:44:05 pm »

Not a valid youtube URL

Ok..so considering your extensive Military and College Coaching background, what is your solution for getting the teams attention and then building them mentally and physically while also  building team unity?

PB&J's didn't work.

LZH

« Reply #79 on: February 05, 2019, 06:47:46 pm »

PB&J's didn't work.

He didn't use crunchy.......gotsta use crunchy.

PorkFromOrk

« Reply #80 on: February 05, 2019, 07:05:59 pm »

Will you be upset when the “darn” does work?

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Eric Musselman!
« Reply #81 on: February 05, 2019, 07:09:17 pm »

He didn't use crunchy.......gotsta use crunchy.
and Bama Grape!

LZH

« Reply #82 on: February 05, 2019, 07:18:50 pm »

LAHogfan123

« Reply #83 on: February 05, 2019, 07:22:16 pm »

You are hoping and praying it happens which means you are hoping and praying the Hogs fail.

Good job...you are obviously a superfan.

He's probably a super troll.

Sivad

« Reply #84 on: February 05, 2019, 07:24:13 pm »

This little stunt might be more effective with the players if he had a stronger record of achievement to stand on than his historic 2-10 and lackluster SMU history.

farmhawg

« Reply #85 on: February 05, 2019, 07:31:46 pm »

So, to be clear, you WANT the team to fail so you can be vindicated as the guy who said CCM will fail. Nice. 
That would be spot on. Fans like that....

AlmaHog2011

• Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #86 on: February 05, 2019, 07:34:41 pm »

Truth.  When someone said something negative about BB they were attacked on here the same way a couple have been in this thread with Morris.  Now those that attacked people and took up for BB are the very same ones trashing him like they always saw it coming and state how worthless they feel he is.  Defiantly a bi-polar group of “fans”.  Fans of the coach that is until it’s not popular anymore.

I am watching Morris and company put together a great recruiting class. I and many others are excited with what he has done coming off a terrible season. And yes he is also responsible for a lot of that.

If you want to have the attitude you have and have no hope that is sad. Like it or not a lot of us are excited and feel like for the first time in a long time we have a coach that gets it. He is recruiting and hiring coaches from the areas we have in the past done well. I really don't get guys like you??? I'm pumped to see if we have another Petrino type run in us and would love to see if a coach who works at recruiting could take us to new heights. I understand you really don't like Morris and want us to fail. Sad but that is who you seem to be. I never was a BB fan. It was so obviously a bad fit and I was never happy with the hire. But I wanted him to win and had hope after driving to Houston and watching us dog stomp Texas. Unfortunately BB was a lazy coach.

Deerhunter

« Reply #87 on: February 05, 2019, 07:44:37 pm »

I am watching Morris and company put together a great recruiting class. I and many others are excited with what he has done coming off a terrible season. And yes he is also responsible for a lot of that.

If you want to have the attitude you have and have no hope that is sad. Like it or not a lot of us are excited and feel like for the first time in a long time we have a coach that gets it. He is recruiting and hiring coaches from the areas we have in the past done well. I really don't get guys like you??? I'm pumped to see if we have another Petrino type run in us and would love to see if a coach who works at recruiting could take us to new heights. I understand you really don't like Morris and want us to fail. Sad but that is who you seem to be. I never was a BB fan. It was so obviously a bad fit and I was never happy with the hire. But I wanted him to win and had hope after driving to Houston and watching us dog stomp Texas. Unfortunately BB was a lazy coach.

So... since you didn’t like BB you wanted us to fail?  Lol, Goes both ways...

Now learn to read.  I never said anything about Morris in this thread positive or negative.  I stated posters defended BB and trashed others for being critical then turned on him when he left. The same way they are doing Morris.  Not difficult to understand. 

Now don’t be so sensitive and calm down.  Its ok.  It really is.  Not everybody has to agree with “everything” Morris does. 

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Nadine Coyle shakin it for the Hogs!!!!
« Reply #88 on: February 05, 2019, 07:59:51 pm »

All depends on who you are dealing with, what their backgrounds happen to be, the families and high school programs that they come from. You can't paint with a broad brush when it comes to these things. Notice the attrition that has taken place in the program since Morris took over. That wasn't an accident. It was players and coaches making purposeful choices while knowing what lies ahead.

We may find that we have a more disciplined, self sacrificing group that are willing to give up more to become a better team and win more games.

EastexHawg

« Reply #89 on: February 05, 2019, 08:19:58 pm »

Do as I say, not as I do.

Pretty much walked right into that one.

hogsmash12

« Reply #90 on: February 05, 2019, 09:54:26 pm »

I heard they were wearing old leather helmets with no face mask.

And kickers kicking barefoot

jvanhorn

« Reply #91 on: February 05, 2019, 10:08:20 pm »

This is just a way to appeal to old fans. Personally, I wish they’d use modern technology when it’s an option. You think that Dabo, Saban, or Belichick would pull this?

Young and dumb

jvanhorn

« Reply #92 on: February 05, 2019, 10:10:00 pm »

Shut up.

Well how has the other way worked out for us?

« Reply #93 on: February 05, 2019, 11:12:42 pm »

Now learn to read.  I never said anything about Morris in this thread positive or negative.  I stated posters defended BB and trashed others for being critical then turned on him when he left. The same way they are doing Morris.  Not difficult to understand. 

Now don’t be so sensitive and calm down.  Its ok.  It really is.  Not everybody has to agree with “everything” Morris does.

I suggest you calm down and read for comprehension instead of finding things to back your obvious agenda.
Nowhere did almahog say he wanted us to fail. as a matter of fact he said he wanted us to win.
He simply stated he thought it was a bad hire and a bad fit.
I for one totally agreed with those 2 positions.

« Reply #94 on: February 05, 2019, 11:25:46 pm »

For anyone who saw CCM's first team meeting
none of this should come as a surprise.

"sit up straight, put your feet on the floor"

Clearly the team he inherited lacked discipline and focus.
A blind man could see it.
This is just part of the process of changing the culture.
it is just one step in taking a bunch of losers and transforming them into champions.

Another part of the process we have seen already with the departure
of those not willing to buy in.
This not being pro football he could not just fire people since the APR
would have taken too large a hit.
We may see some more leave after spring ball and I am fine with that.
Those that remain will be the ones we want, the ones that want to win
and be the foundation for THE NEW ARKANSAS.

Will any of this work?
We will see next fall until then I am on board.
And btw I have yet to hear anything from the critics
to convince me they have any better ideas, or actually any ideas at all.

Joe Davis (USS Razorback)

• Varsity
  • Attention on deck!
« Reply #95 on: February 06, 2019, 04:06:59 am »

Do it for Caretaker.

Jonbo

• Senior
« Reply #96 on: February 06, 2019, 05:21:49 am »

All I know is I see wayyy more people on here now that didn't like him early than I ever did when we was early in his tenure.
I, um... actually liked him (CBB) for quite awhile. How wrong I was.

Jonbo

• Senior
« Reply #97 on: February 06, 2019, 05:34:33 am »

How well would it work if the soldiers weren't basically in prison, although they've volunteered for it, knowing what they're doing? College players have a lot more ways and opportunities to rebel than soldiers in basic training do, especially nowadays with the rejection of authority being more or less socially sanctioned compared to past times. I don't know, just asking.

jkstock04

« Reply #98 on: February 06, 2019, 08:07:57 am »

Saban would do worse. Modern technology? What does that mean exactly?

Thinking back to the integrity era...are you talking about the showbiz of pimping TV shows, playoff committees, and GPAs?

What doesn't need to happen is to keep doing the exact same thing. I adhere to the thinking that drastic times calls for drastic measures. This program has been without discipline for years on end...YEARS.

I won't be completely shocked if the team comes out and wins only 3 games this season...but at least this off-season is giving off the impression that real effort is being made to change things for the better.

Superhog1959

« Reply #99 on: February 06, 2019, 08:29:33 am »

For anyone who saw CCM's first team meeting
none of this should come as a surprise.

"sit up straight, put your feet on the floor"

Clearly the team he inherited lacked discipline and focus.
A blind man could see it.
This is just part of the process of changing the culture.
it is just one step in taking a bunch of losers and transforming them into champions.

Another part of the process we have seen already with the departure
of those not willing to buy in.
This not being pro football he could not just fire people since the APR
would have taken too large a hit.
We may see some more leave after spring ball and I am fine with that.
Those that remain will be the ones we want, the ones that want to win
and be the foundation for THE NEW ARKANSAS.

Will any of this work?
We will see next fall until then I am on board.
And btw I have yet to hear anything from the critics
to convince me they have any better ideas, or actually any ideas at all.
Good post, I get what your trying to communicate.

Talking about BB, I supported him because I wanted our team to succeed. Then there came a point where it became oblivious that wasn't going to happen. I am the same with Coach Morris, I want him to do well, because we all benefit if he does.

As far as liking a coach or anyone for that matters, it doesn't matter. I have had coaches and other players I played with that I couldn't stand. But they was on my team, so I had their back no matter what. Once they saw that, it changed them and made them better team players.

Coach Morris is our coach, we should all hope for his success. If he does succeed, great. If he doesn't, we will at some point move on. Give the man a chance.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas