General Sports Discussion > NFL Board

Super Bowl

(1/3) > >>

hawkhawg:
Two Former Hogs on the Patriots active roster: Trey Flowers and Deatrich Wise
Two on the Patriots Practice squad: Dan Skipper and Cody Hollister
Brandon Allen on the Rams Practice Squad.

Belichick seems to love former Hogs. 

Dr. Starcs:
Donít forget about Bert. He is integral in their success as a franchise.

Oliver:
Well itís wverything wrong with the world in the Pats Owner, Coach , and QB or itís the team Stan Kroenke owns.  Tough choice

hawkhawg:
Rams make the first big play.

Atlhogfan1:
That penalty is why the Pats excel in this era.  Canít touch Brady. Canít hit the receivers too hard.

Oliver:

--- Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 03, 2019, 05:47:18 pm ---That penalty is why the Pats excel in this era.  Canít touch Brady. Canít hit the receivers too hard.

--- End quote ---

I still donít know what made up penalty they called there

hawkhawg:

--- Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 03, 2019, 05:47:18 pm ---That penalty is why the Pats excel in this era.  Canít touch Brady. Canít hit the receivers too hard.

--- End quote ---

They are smarter than the other teams.

Atlhogfan1:

--- Quote from: Oliver on February 03, 2019, 05:48:45 pm ---I still donít know what made up penalty they called there

--- End quote ---

Hard to watch this era.  Wade Phillips was calling a great series before the bailout.

Dr. Starcs:
First quarter obligatory social justice plugs. Thanks cbs and nfl.

And apparently in the pregame too

alohawg:

--- End quote ---

Seems to me Donald sure touched him, lol.

bennyl08:

--- Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 03, 2019, 05:56:00 pm ---First quarter obligatory social justice plugs. Thanks cbs and nfl.

And apparently in the pregame too

--- End quote ---

Obligatory military and forced patriotism plugs as well.

hawkhawg:
All defense so far.

alohawg:

--- Quote from: bennyl08 on February 03, 2019, 06:20:37 pm ---Obligatory military and forced patriotism plugs as well.

--- End quote ---

Well otherwise it would be one sided social justice bs, and really it still is mostly that.

Dr. Starcs:

--- Quote from: alohawg on February 03, 2019, 06:27:05 pm ---Well otherwise it would be one sided social justice bs, and really it still is mostly that.

--- End quote ---

Yes! God forbid we honor America and those fighting to protect us.

Oliver:

--- Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 03, 2019, 06:29:00 pm ---Yes! God forbid we honor America and those fighting to protect us.

--- End quote ---

Which can be done in multiple ways despite certain peopleís definitions

hawkhawg:

--- Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 03, 2019, 06:29:00 pm ---Yes! God forbid we honor America and those fighting to protect us.

--- End quote ---

God forbid a Super Bowl in the city Atlanta recognizes the Civil rights struggles of the City

pigheaded:
Bud Light spent some jack

hawkhawg:

--- Quote from: pigheaded on February 03, 2019, 06:35:21 pm ---Bud Light spent some jack

--- End quote ---

The game of thrones was the best one so far.   

I am also am now looking forward to the new Fast and Furious movie.

alohawg:
I guess I'd say that Mercedes commercial was the best so far.

alohawg:

hawkhawg:

--- Quote from: alohawg on February 03, 2019, 06:44:25 pm ---

--- End quote ---

I like defensive football games.  The Pat's Super Bowls are always fun in the forth quarter.

LZH:
4th and 1, LA can't cover #11, and the Pats do what?

Atlhogfan1:
Great first half. Defensive coaching legends winning.  Refreshing when the NFL tries to give offense every advantage. 

LZH:
And LA isn't doing Gurley any favors if you ask me.  I know he's hurt (NE does too), but it's as if they're OK with him looking like he's lost his nerve.

Leadbelly:
WORST halftime show in the history of these over the top halftime shows!

sowmonella:
The church choir lady screeching was pure music. My ears are bleeding.

alohawg:

--- Quote from: Leadbelly on February 03, 2019, 07:15:45 pm ---WORST halftime show in the history of these over the top halftime shows!

--- End quote ---

A real hodge podge of crapola.

Kevin:
I am old, but I would like to see genesis

arkfan81:

--- Quote from: hawkhawg on February 03, 2019, 05:13:46 pm ---Two Former Hogs on the Patriots active roster: Trey Flowers and Deatrich Wise
Two on the Patriots Practice squad: Dan Skipper and Cody Hollister
Brandon Allen on the Rams Practice Squad.

Belichick seems to love former Hogs. 

--- End quote ---

I work downtown Atlanta, met Dan skipper and talked for about 5 minutes. All class.

Jerry Jones
Jason garrett
Leon let
Warran moon
Dan Marino
Sean Peyton
Anthony munez
Greg Olson
Chris mccaffery
Dwight Howard
Danny amendola

All were pretty pleasant considering the atmosphere downtown Atlanta

GoHogs1091:
Real mediocre/dud football so far in this game.

There was higher quality football played by Clemson in the National Championship game (2018 Clemson was basically a pro team though).

alohawg:

Airforcehawg:
Dan Skipper just got some camera time

26.2Hog:

--- Quote from: Leadbelly on February 03, 2019, 07:15:45 pm ---WORST halftime show in the history of these over the top halftime shows!

--- End quote ---

I didn't like Pepsi, but now I hate Pepsi even more after watching that insipid excuse for a halftime show they sponsored.

bennyl08:

--- Quote from: alohawg on February 03, 2019, 06:27:05 pm ---Well otherwise it would be one sided social justice bs, and really it still is mostly that.

--- End quote ---

You must be watching this game in Moscow or something because it's way more military than social justice.

alohawg:

--- Quote from: bennyl08 on February 03, 2019, 07:37:23 pm ---You must be watching this game in Moscow or something because it's way more military than social justice.

--- End quote ---

Well.....I'm all for divorcing all politics from the game if possible.

bennyl08:

--- End quote ---

Nothing wrong honoring the military. Nothing wrong with making sure that this country fights for justice for ALL, not just the privileged.

God forbid we try and make sure the government doesn't needlessly kill it's own citizens. God forbid we hold sexual predators accountable.

bennyl08:

--- Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 03, 2019, 07:00:15 pm ---Great first half. Defensive coaching legends winning.  Refreshing when the NFL tries to give offense every advantage.

--- End quote ---

Agreed. People who think that 51-48 games are the best don't like football, IMO. They like flag football. Real football also has defense. The offenses have been a bit underwhelming, but this game has been every bit as good as one where the defense is underwhelming and it's only the offense making plays.

bennyl08:

--- Quote from: alohawg on February 03, 2019, 06:44:25 pm ---

--- End quote ---

There's been a ton of highlights. Some amazing plays and playcalls.

This isn't flag football or Big 12 football.

This is grown man football and that type of football has defense.

DEVIL DOG HOG:
This is a super bore.

bennyl08:
Guarantee Brady gets a penalty if he got hit like that

alohawg:
That's right Trey!!!! Hog smashes Bulldog!

PonderinHog:

--- Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on February 03, 2019, 08:22:51 pm ---This is a super bore.

--- End quote ---
LA's punter is getting quite the workout.

hoglady:
I actually liked the halftime show - but I like Adam Levine.
Thought he sounded really good. You could actually hear and understand him.
And he, of course was easy on the eyes.

Have no idea about some of the others but they were interesting.

I laughed when they drove that car on the field and rolled out of it with the fur coat on.
I'm still laughing thinking of that one.

Atlhogfan1:

--- Quote from: bennyl08 on February 03, 2019, 08:26:08 pm ---Guarantee Brady gets a penalty if he got hit like that

--- End quote ---

Holding call on center was awful. Changed the game.

PonderinHog:
Bang, bang BOOM!

Kevin:
Amazing what happens, when you donít throw a flag on every pass play.

bennyl08:

--- Quote from: alohawg on February 03, 2019, 07:38:30 pm ---Well.....I'm all for divorcing all politics from the game if possible.

--- End quote ---

Eh, sports has been linked to politics for about as long as sports has had any spotlight on it. I'm all for divorcing money from elections, but that's probably easier to achieve than divorcing politics from sports.

bennyl08:
Young QB mistake right there from Goff. Could be the game.

Dr. Starcs:
Girl power!

alohawg:
Clinic

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View