General Sports Discussion > NBA Board

Wow the Unicorn on the move?

Pages: (1/1)

311Hog:

Looks like to Dallas, it is kinda weird last night or the night before i cant remember but i was watching highlights of Dirk's last game at the Garden and i saw him and KP shake hands for some reason the thought of KP getting traded occurred i dunno why i guess because he seems like he has been out for awhile and the Knicks  blow.

anyway if this goes though big big trade for the Mavs they are the home of the international superstar still.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/mavericks-knicks-agree-on-blockbuster-kristaps-porzingis-trade/ar-BBT1jgf?li=BBnb7Kz

Oliver:

Anthony Davis requests a trade = $50K in fines

Jimmy Butler and Porzingis do the same thing = no action by the NBA

husker71:

If KP can play it is a huge win by Dallas who gave up on Dennis Smith who really plays the same position as Luka and has not played lately because he is mad about his role on this team according to some.  Just a week ago Carlisle said he did not know if he could coach him.  Great podcast on the ringer who had an emergency podcast for this trade.  Seems KP went in and said he wanted traded and very very quickly it was done.  Mark Cuban was at the last Knicks game in NY and it happened so quickly that this must have been discussed for some time.  Knicks are hoping to get Durant and Kyrie as FAs and are tanking to get Zion with the 1st choice.  By the way it was mentioned that Durant and Kyrie are very close friends   who knew??

EastexHawg:

Durant is a great player but I think mentally he needs to be on what is considered "his team".  Golden State is always going to be Steph Curry's team.  Durant has been a good addition, but he doesn't play Warriors ball...a selfless, sharing,  looking to  teammates to get  them their shots style...like Curry, Thompson, and Draymond.

I may be completely wrong but I don't think any of the Warriors will shed a tear when Kevin leaves.  That doesn't mean he won't be a great addition to another team.

311Hog:

--- Quote from: EastexHawg on February 01, 2019, 09:07:43 am ---Durant is a great player but I think mentally he needs to be on what is considered "his team".  Golden State is always going to be Steph Curry's team.  Durant has been a good addition, but he doesn't play Warriors ball...a selfless, sharing,  looking to  teammates to get  them their shots style...like Curry, Thompson, and Draymond.

I may be completely wrong but I don't think any of the Warriors will shed a tear when Kevin leaves.  That doesn't mean he won't be a great addition to another team.

--- End quote ---

I definitely think KD will leave in FA to the Knicks? i am not sure his ego can handle the NY media to be honest but that is another subject.

I am sorta hoping the warriors let KD go and try and keep Boogie, Steph Klay and Boogie would make a real real nice team.  They are going to have to have a plan for Andre and Shawn pretty soon they are getting up there in age.

I also wish Dirk had a few more good years left in him i would LOVE to watch that European connection team for the Mavs do work.

Pages: (1/1)

Go to full version