• 10,306,106 Posts
• 408,350 Topics
• 23,328 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UK baseball program gets commitment from nationís No. 1-ranked junior college re  (Read 998 times)

hogwild04

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net

Rutledge will not make it back to a campus, but see he did commit with UK,  heard he hit 100 numerous times in his last outing  4 innings 9 ks, , not SEC competition but control might be coming around, 

UofA🐗Alumna

I don't know and won't pretend to know all the workings behind Rutledge's transfer but it wouldn't surprise me if it was caused by the horrible, dumb, and downright ridiculous 11.7 scholarship rule.  The scholarship limit forces coaches to make management moves that leave development players in a bind.  Plenty of worthy players are forced to walk on or play for little stipends.  I know every team has to deal with this but it doesn't make it any better.

The game would benefit tremendously if we could at least increase scholarships to somewhere around 20.

Best of luck to Rutledge.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net

I don't know and won't pretend to know all the workings behind Rutledge's transfer but it wouldn't surprise me if it was caused by the horrible, dumb, and downright ridiculous 11.7 scholarship rule.  The scholarship limit forces coaches to make management moves that leave development players in a bind.  Plenty of worthy players are forced to walk on or play for little stipends.  I know every team has to deal with this but it doesn't make it any better.

The game would benefit tremendously if we could at least increase scholarships to somewhere around 20.

Best of luck to Rutledge.

Im fairly certain the scholarhsip limit had nothing to do with it, actually Ibet if he were on full scholarship guaranteed for 4 years he would have left.

BroyledNutts

From what I understand his leaving was about playing time. Or the lack thereof.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas