General Sports Discussion > NBA Board

Where does Anthony Davis get traded to?

Pages: (1/1)

311Hog:

Feel bad for NO but he gone.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/pelicans-star-anthony-davis-wants-to-be-traded-agent-tells-espn/ar-BBSQobY

I hope its not the Lakers anyone but the Lakers.

Dropkick:

The Lakers

311Hog:

--- Quote from: Dropkick on January 28, 2019, 01:57:41 pm ---The Lakers

--- End quote ---

McKdaddy:

Iíd like for LAL to get him, but how much is too much to give up for him?

riccoar:

The Lakers for the sole reason that Lonzo gets booted to small market.

311Hog:

i saw today where AD apparently says he wants to be traded to the lakers, and that he wouldn't sign with anyone else.

I have a question, AD's agent is Lebron's agent how is this ok? because it looks to me like Lebron and his agent (AD's agent) are forcing NO to trade AD to the lakers for essentially what ever the Lakers feel like offering or waiting out the contract and losing AD for nothing.

I guess there is the small chance some other team will trade for AD's services for the remainder of his current contract and hope that AD changes his mind to stay long term other wise it just seems wrong that this can be forced to happen.

Oliver:

--- Quote from: 311Hog on January 28, 2019, 01:56:04 pm ---I hope its not the Lakers anyone but the Lakers.

--- End quote ---

The Pelicans and the rest of the league will make sure that this doesn't happen.

311Hog:

--- Quote from: Oliver on January 29, 2019, 03:55:11 pm ---The Pelicans and the rest of the league will make sure that this doesn't happen.

--- End quote ---

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/report-davis-prefers-trade-to-lakers-wont-re-sign-with-other-teams/ar-BBSU5BL?li=BBnba9I

Oliver:

--- Quote from: 311Hog on January 29, 2019, 02:38:41 pm ---i saw today where AD apparently says he wants to be traded to the lakers, and that he wouldn't sign with anyone else.

I have a question, AD's agent is Lebron's agent how is this ok? because it looks to me like Lebron and his agent (AD's agent) are forcing NO to trade AD to the lakers for essentially what ever the Lakers feel like offering or waiting out the contract and losing AD for nothing.

I guess there is the small chance some other team will trade for AD's services for the remainder of his current contract and hope that AD changes his mind to stay long term other wise it just seems wrong that this can be forced to happen.

--- End quote ---

It's not whatever the Lakers feel like offering.  The Pels aren't getting forced into anything.  If the Pelicans don't want to accept what the Lakers are offering, then they can look elsewhere for a trading partner.

This has worked out in quite a few situations for teams, i.e. Pacers and Spurs, both of which wanted anything else but to trade Kawhi and George to the Lakers.  I have a problem with this as a Lakers fan naturally. 

How do you solve this issue?  You somehow communicate to other teams that you will not re-sign with them if you are traded there without breaking the tampering rules.  This will prevent other small market teams (or hell at this point any team but the Lakers because nobody has a problem trading to the Knicks or Celtics) from offering packages that can rival or better what the Lakers offer.  Nobody wants to give up a ton of talent for a half a year or one year rental.  That and actually following through on it.  Paul George said for years that he wanted to return home and play with the Lakers.  When he finally got that opportunity this offseason, he resigned with OKC without ever giving the Lakers a conversation.  Other teams aren't going to take players seriously until one follows through with what they said.

Oliver:

--- Quote from: 311Hog on January 29, 2019, 03:59:22 pm ---https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/report-davis-prefers-trade-to-lakers-wont-re-sign-with-other-teams/ar-BBSU5BL?li=BBnba9I

--- End quote ---

See my post above this one.

311Hog:

--- Quote from: Oliver on January 29, 2019, 04:03:24 pm ---It's not whatever the Lakers feel like offering.  The Pels aren't getting forced into anything.  If the Pelicans don't want to accept what the Lakers are offering, then they can look elsewhere for a trading partner.

This has worked out in quite a few situations for team, i.e. Pacers and Spurs, both of which wanted anything else but to trade Kawhi and George to the Lakers.  I have a problem with this as a Lakers fan naturally. 

How do you solve this issue?  You somehow communicate to other teams that you will not re-sign with them if you are traded there without breaking the tampering rules.  This will prevent other small market teams (or hell at this point any team but the Lakers because nobody has a problem trading to the Knicks or Celtics) from offering packages that can rival or better what the Lakers offer.  Nobody wants to give up a ton of talent for a half a year or one year rental.  That and actually following through on it.  Paul George said for years that he wanted to return home and play with the Lakers.  When he finally got that opportunity this offseason, he resigned with OKC without ever giving the Lakers a conversation.  Other teams aren't going to take players seriously until one follows through with what they said.

--- End quote ---

i like your points a few things i feel are different.

1. lebron wasn't a laker back when George was saying that, George wanted the Lakers to "come for him" basically make a deal with the Pacers and they didn't so he felt slighted, and once he got to OKC he decided to stay, but i am pretty sure George doesn't share an agent with Lebron.

2. for me it isn't about the "package" IE Celtics having all these pieces to trade but can't until July because of Kyrie and i have no real issue with the Lakers other than it seems like Lebron and his "team" are using the fact they are AD's agent to "force" another team into giving up the top 5 player for what you know is not going to be anything near his actual worth. Hell you could give the Pelicans every player on the Laker's roster but Lebron and it wouldn't be worth AD.

I dunno how to solve it, AD saying he doesn't plan to resign with NO is fine to me and sure i guess it is "possible" that another team will make the deal for the 1.5 year rental as it worked with George but i am pretty sure Kawhi isn't going to stay a Raptor where he goes i dunno, but saying you won't sign with anyone else but the Lakers really IMHO hamstrings the Pels and knowing you are dealing with Lebron's agent basically dealing with Player/Coach/GM James lol.

Oliver:

--- Quote from: 311Hog on January 29, 2019, 04:11:25 pm ---i like your points a few things i feel are different.

1. lebron wasn't a laker back when George was saying that, George wanted the Lakers to "come for him" basically make a deal with the Pacers and they didn't so he felt slighted, and once he got to OKC he decided to stay, but i am pretty sure George doesn't share an agent with Lebron.

2. for me it isn't about the "package" IE Celtics having all these pieces to trade but can't until July because of Kyrie and i have no real issue with the Lakers other than it seems like Lebron and his "team" are using the fact they are AD's agent to "force" another team into giving up the top 5 player for what you know is not going to be anything near his actual worth. Hell you could give the Pelicans every player on the Laker's roster but Lebron and it wouldn't be worth AD.

I dunno how to solve it, AD saying he doesn't plan to resign with NO is fine to me and sure i guess it is "possible" that another team will make the deal for the 1.5 year rental as it worked with George but i am pretty sure Kawhi isn't going to stay a Raptor where he goes i dunno, but saying you won't sign with anyone else but the Lakers really IMHO hamstrings the Pels and knowing you are dealing with Lebron's agent basically dealing with Player/Coach/GM James lol.

--- End quote ---

1.  The Lakers did come after George with an offer.  It wasn't anywhere near what they'll offer for Davis but it was two of their young core players.  The Lakers didn't feel like offering much to the Pacers though because there wasn't a need to.  They weren't making the playoffs last year no matter whether they got George or not.  The idea was to keep that young talent that they had if possible and sign George and Lebron in the offseason.  And when George was presented with playing with Lebron and the young talent, he turned it down.  He's said all that other stuff about "not coming after me like the Thunder did" because he was trying to mend any bad relationship with his hometown fans after snubbing them.  A lot of Lakers fans booed him when he played there.  Why?  He WANTED to stay in OKC.  I'm fine with that.  Let a player play where they want to.  At the same time, George should just be honest.  He really liked OKC and obviously playing for the Lakers wasn't as important to him as he made it sound at one point in time.

2.  If I put my Pelicans hat on, yeah I'd rather get 4 first round draft picks from Boston in July for Davis.  But that wouldn't be worth Davis either.  The bottom line is they aren't getting back equal value for Davis no matter who they trade him to.  The Lakers "chip" in this game is that in order to compete with offers like the Celtics would offer in July, they need to scare other teams away.  But I'm sorry, AD sharing the same agent as Lebron will do nothing in the end.  The Pelicans are just another team that in my opinion would take a lesser offer to keep AD off the Lakers.  They'll wait this out until the offseason.  Boston won't offer all 4 of their picks because they wouldn't want to risk it for fear of AD leaving.  However, they'll offer something enticing enough to where the Pelicans would take it over what the Lakers offer.  And it would be somewhat worth it for Boston to do so because even if AD walks after one season, they will have a great chance of winning a championship that one season. 

I'd give the Lakers about a 10% chance of getting AD before he becomes a free agent. 

Oliver:

https://www.lakersnation.com/nba-rumors-gregg-popovich-advised-pelicans-gm-dell-demps-to-not-cave-by-trading-anthony-davis-to-lakers/2019/01/29/

Ah. And good ole Pop has already been doing work.

311Hog:

--- Quote from: Oliver on January 29, 2019, 04:25:28 pm ---1.  The Lakers did come after George with an offer.  It wasn't anywhere near what they'll offer for Davis but it was two of their young core players.  The Lakers didn't feel like offering much to the Pacers though because there wasn't a need to.  They weren't making the playoffs last year no matter whether they got George or not.  The idea was to keep that young talent that they had if possible and sign George and Lebron in the offseason.  And when George was presented with playing with Lebron and the young talent, he turned it down.  He's said all that other stuff about "not coming after me like the Thunder did" because he was trying to mend any bad relationship with his hometown fans after snubbing them.  A lot of Lakers fans booed him when he played there.  Why?  He WANTED to stay in OKC.  I'm fine with that.  Let a player play where they want to.  At the same time, George should just be honest.  He really liked OKC and obviously playing for the Lakers wasn't as important to him as he made it sound at one point in time.

2.  If I put my Pelicans hat on, yeah I'd rather get 4 first round draft picks from Boston in July for Davis.  But that wouldn't be worth Davis either.  The bottom line is they aren't getting back equal value for Davis no matter who they trade him to.  The Lakers "chip" in this game is that in order to compete with offers like the Celtics would offer in July, they need to scare other teams away.  But I'm sorry, AD sharing the same agent as Lebron will do nothing in the end.  The Pelicans are just another team that in my opinion would take a lesser offer to keep AD off the Lakers.  They'll wait this out until the offseason.  Boston won't offer all 4 of their picks because they wouldn't want to risk it for fear of AD leaving.  However, they'll offer something enticing enough to where the Pelicans would take it over what the Lakers offer.  And it would be somewhat worth it for Boston to do so because even if AD walks after one season, they will have a great chance of winning a championship that one season. 

I'd give the Lakers about a 10% chance of getting AD before he becomes a free agent. 

--- End quote ---

maybe i am wrong about this, but i thought the Celtics can't have Kyrie and AD because both of their current contracts have some kind of rule i forget what it is called, but you can only have "one" exemption on a team and both of their deals contain it so if i understand what i heard, Kyrie would have to "redo" ? his deal or the Celtics trade him away in order to trade for AD.

If i am the celtics that is a pretty tough choice if it really is an either or situation. I would probably take AD over Kyrie considering the rest of the pieces they have.

Oliver:

--- Quote from: 311Hog on January 29, 2019, 04:34:22 pm ---maybe i am wrong about this, but i thought the Celtics can't have Kyrie and AD because both of their current contracts have some kind of rule i forget what it is called, but you can only have "one" exemption on a team and both of their deals contain it so if i understand what i heard, Kyrie would have to "redo" ? his deal or the Celtics trade him away in order to trade for AD.

--- End quote ---

That's correct.  Kyrie is expected to walk in the offseason allowing for Boston to trade for AD.

Dillar Dog:

The grizzlies would be nice, but that's not going to happen.

311Hog:

--- Quote from: Oliver on January 29, 2019, 04:36:01 pm ---That's correct.  Kyrie is expected to walk in the offseason allowing for Boston to trade for AD.

--- End quote ---

i thought Kyrie wanted to stay a C?

Boston offer Kyrie for AD straight up ? heh

Oliver:

--- Quote from: 311Hog on January 29, 2019, 05:01:49 pm ---i thought Kyrie wanted to stay a C?

Boston offer Kyrie for AD straight up ? heh

--- End quote ---

There's been some reports.  https://celticswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/28/report-uncertainty-surrounding-kyrie-irvings-future-in-boston/

Who knows how reliable but it's certainly not a given. 

I doubt the Pelicans would want Kyrie unless they got rid of Jrue.

311Hog:

--- Quote from: Oliver on January 29, 2019, 05:07:49 pm ---There's been some reports.  https://celticswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/28/report-uncertainty-surrounding-kyrie-irvings-future-in-boston/

Who knows how reliable but it's certainly not a given. 

I doubt the Pelicans would want Kyrie unless they got rid of Jrue.

--- End quote ---
why not both? i would take Kyrie over Jrue every day of the week.

Oliver:

--- Quote from: 311Hog on January 29, 2019, 05:13:22 pm ---why not both? i would take Kyrie over Jrue every day of the week.

--- End quote ---

There's always the chance Kyrie would walk after the end of this season.  A lot to risk.

ErieHog:

A few things.

AD hasn't said  'Only LA'

The Celtics are still a prohibitive favorite to resign Kyrie.

And I don't look for AD to be traded, because the best mix of assets the Pels can command is going to come after the regular season is over.  Heck, they may well wait to see things like what lottery pick the Knicks end up with, as they try to weigh out what is the best offer.

Oliver:

--- Quote from: ErieHog on January 29, 2019, 08:05:37 pm ---A few things.

AD hasn't said  'Only LA'

The Celtics are still a prohibitive favorite to resign Kyrie.

And I don't look for AD to be traded, because the best mix of assets the Pels can command is going to come after the regular season is over.  Heck, they may well wait to see things like what lottery pick the Knicks end up with, as they try to weigh out what is the best offer.

--- End quote ---

A few things.

He hasnít said ONLY LA...yet.   Not that itíll matter. NO wonít trade him to the Lakers regardless.

The Celtics are still the favorite however the odds of them resigning him have dropped considerably since the beginning of the season.

And agreed on your third point

ErieHog:

--- Quote from: Oliver on January 29, 2019, 09:04:26 pm ---A few things.

He hasnít said ONLY LA...yet.   Not that itíll matter. NO wonít trade him to the Lakers regardless.

The Celtics are still the favorite however the odds of them resigning him have dropped considerably since the beginning of the season.

And agreed on your third point

--- End quote ---

I'm really curious as to the asset package the Raptors offered.   Pascal had to be a part of it, but I just don't see them not being strapped for assets after this year, if Leonard walks.

Oliver:

--- Quote from: ErieHog on January 29, 2019, 09:11:35 pm ---
I'm really curious as to the asset package the Raptors offered.   Pascal had to be a part of it, but I just don't see them not being strapped for assets after this year, if Leonard walks.

--- End quote ---

Yeah but they be pretty formidable this year with AD and Kawhi.   Would have to be the easy favorites in the East.   But I just canít see Kawhi not joining the Clippers this offseason

Pages: (1/1)

Go to full version