• 10,467,234 Posts
• 413,038 Topics
• 23,617 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Bielema Expects to be Patriots' DC  (Read 11968 times)

twistitup

Re: Bielema Expects to be Patriots' DC
« Reply #100 on: February 03, 2019, 09:26:15 am »

...I think this may be 'tito' talking again. It's CBB's alter ego - He has three that he alternates between:

1) Tito - it's the liquid talking, no worries- He will be back in the morning

2) Uncommon Man- this is his 'early morning serious' - before tito comes knocking

3) Laid Back Reggae Cocah - flip flops, non caring, everybody's best friend (he called it recruiting while at Arkansas)

LZH

« Reply #101 on: February 03, 2019, 10:10:59 am »

...I think this may be 'tito' talking again. It's CBB's alter ego - He has three that he alternates between:

1) Tito - it's the liquid talking, no worries- He will be back in the morning

2) Uncommon Man- this is his 'early morning serious' - before tito comes knocking

3) Laid Back Reggae Cocah - flip flops, non caring, everybody's best friend (he called it recruiting while at Arkansas)

Makes ya wonder when someone said he's "practically" quit drinking just means that he's cut it down to a weekend warrior type deal.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

« Reply #102 on: February 04, 2019, 04:55:18 am »

I think performing at a championship level for 20 years sets Brady apart. That was kinda my main point. But whoever brought up Brees makes a good argument....though Iíd still take Tom.

Add:  Good work looking that up....how are those numbers compiled?

Any comparisons are purely subjective.
We are talking about a team sport.

No one player is responsible for wins or losses.
Belichik has built complete teams.

Archie Manning's record would have been entirely different had he been on a real
team instead of the AINTS

Superhog1959

« Reply #103 on: February 04, 2019, 07:49:51 am »

People on here, myself included, talk and say a lot of bad things about Brett. A lot or most is probably true. But you got to give it to him. He has probably the best timing in life as anyone I can think of. Rose Bowls, HC Arkansas Razorbacks. Does get fired, but millions in his pocket. Now Super Bowl ring.
I wish I could screw up and do so well.

mckinneyhog5

« Reply #104 on: February 04, 2019, 08:12:03 am »

People on here, myself included, talk and say a lot of bad things about Brett. A lot or most is probably true. But you got to give it to him. He has probably the best timing in life as anyone I can think of. Rose Bowls, HC Arkansas Razorbacks. Does get fired, but millions in his pocket. Now Super Bowl ring.
Itís Bret but I guess thatís better then Bert. 😀

twistitup

« Reply #105 on: February 04, 2019, 08:20:37 am »

DC announcement...presser at 4?

Boarcephus

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Houston, hell no we ain't forgettin!!
« Reply #106 on: February 04, 2019, 08:23:15 am »

After last nights defensive performance, I wouldn't change a thing on that side of the ball.  That was impressive and one of the better super bowls I've watched.

Cambridge Hog

« Reply #107 on: February 04, 2019, 08:28:13 am »

After last nights defensive performance, I wouldn't change a thing on that side of the ball.  That was impressive and one of the better super bowls I've watched.

I wish that were the case, but the DC is going to be the HC of the Dolphins.

Schiano will be DC. will be interesting to see if Bret stays on.

Redhogs

« Reply #108 on: February 04, 2019, 08:49:03 am »

Oh yea...he's as slick as they get as far as con men go, the gift of gab for sure. Somehow I believe that Belicheck is smart enough not to put Bert in charge of anything.

Redhogs

« Reply #109 on: February 04, 2019, 08:50:27 am »

Itís Bret but I guess thatís better then Bert. 😀
It's loser but I guess that's better than Bret...

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #110 on: February 04, 2019, 10:21:12 am »

DC announcement...presser at 4?

So is that New England time which would be 3 here or 4 here and 5 New England time?

hawgon

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #111 on: February 04, 2019, 10:42:11 am »

He isnít smart enough to be the DC there.  That entire staff excels at in game adjustments.  That is the ONE thing he is worst at.  Arkansas couldnít make any sort of adjustment unless it was planned in advance.  Most of the time, it took an off week before thebmost basic changes were done.

Wildhog

« Reply #112 on: February 04, 2019, 10:58:13 am »

This is pretty classic Bielema.

Rudy Baylor

• Top 5 OG Chaggy darksider. Bignasty claims he's #1
« Reply #113 on: February 04, 2019, 11:11:34 am »

I wish that were the case, but the DC is going to be the HC of the Dolphins.

Schiano will be DC. will be interesting to see if Bret stays on.

Belichick's son, the Pat's safeties coach, played for Schiano at Rutgers

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
    • Missing your favorite thread?  It's probably in Vents and Rumors
« Reply #115 on: February 04, 2019, 11:32:36 am »

Noticed Bert has dropped some LBs and started shaving again.  Seriously the dude looked like a bloated drunk that had let himself go his last year here. 

Redhogs

« Reply #116 on: February 04, 2019, 11:52:05 am »

He isnít smart enough to be the DC there.  That entire staff excels at in game adjustments.  That is the ONE thing he is worst at.  Arkansas couldnít make any sort of adjustment unless it was planned in advance.  Most of the time, it took an off week before thebmost basic changes were done.
Exactly right.

Redhogs

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
  • RIP LILY, WE MISS YOU DEARLY
« Reply #118 on: February 04, 2019, 12:11:30 pm »

some people live a charmed life. the man will now have a super bowl ring. good grief!!

OnYourToes

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Train up a child in the way they should go . . .
    • Twitter
« Reply #119 on: February 04, 2019, 12:27:21 pm »

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/super-bowl-2019-patriots-reportedly-expected-to-hire-greg-schiano-to-replace-brian-flores/

He was so close

I guess he needs to focus more on setting the edge

he knows what he's trying to do there, and his process WILL work

26.2Hog

• The future ain't what it used to be
« Reply #120 on: February 04, 2019, 12:33:28 pm »

some people live a charmed life. the man will now have a super bowl ring. good grief!!

Ain't it the truth.

I swear, he could fall into a sewer and come up with a gold watch.

twistitup

« Reply #121 on: February 04, 2019, 12:41:47 pm »

I swear, he could fall into a sewer and come up with a gold watch.

And a bottle of Tito's....the guy is unbelievable. He will end up w a solid NFL career....if he keeps his mouth closed
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 12:53:08 pm by twistitup »

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Eric Musselman!
« Reply #122 on: February 04, 2019, 12:51:28 pm »

He was so close

I guess he needs to focus more on setting the edge

he knows what he's trying to do there, and his process WILL work
He'll get that fixed next week.

hoglady

« Reply #123 on: February 04, 2019, 01:00:44 pm »

Looks like Bielema is still the big blowhard he was when he was here.
Guess it's just part of his DNA.

justmakeit2thebcs

« Reply #124 on: February 04, 2019, 01:09:04 pm »

Bret has had 2 seasons out of 12 where he won less games than Chad's best season ever.   But......keep hope alive. 

Superhog1959

« Reply #125 on: February 04, 2019, 01:32:30 pm »

Bret has had 2 seasons out of 12 where he won less games than Chad's best season ever.   But......keep hope alive.
Maybe he does good when someone tells him how to do good. He wont get the DC job at NE. Moves to the Saints next year and gets another ring. Wouldn't that be a hoot.

hoglady

« Reply #126 on: February 04, 2019, 02:03:03 pm »

Maybe he does good when someone tells him how to do good. He wont get the DC job at NE. Moves to the Saints next year and gets another ring. Wouldn't that be a hoot.

As a Saints fan - Please God Nooooooo!!!!

hog of steele

« Reply #127 on: February 04, 2019, 02:05:21 pm »

As a Saints fan - Please God Nooooooo!!!!

Your hate for BB is greater than your desire to win a super bowl ring?

hawgon

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #128 on: February 04, 2019, 02:08:23 pm »

Bill Belichek, ďOh, you thought I meant defensive coordinator?  Uh, no I meant DC as in Dip Coordinator.  You know, like the chips and dips that we always have for the coaches and staff after late night Monday film sessions.  I think youíre perfect for that job.Ē
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 04:01:44 pm by hawgon »

Redhogs

« Reply #129 on: February 04, 2019, 02:18:42 pm »

Really gonna go there....Bert has had 12 yrs as a head coach and Morris 3..get back to me in 9 years with this crap and we'll compare notes then...better yet we'll compare their records just at Ar. in 4 years and we will see who is where. Apples to apples my friend...

hoglady

« Reply #130 on: February 04, 2019, 02:21:39 pm »

Your hate for BB is greater than your desire to win a super bowl ring?

No - I would certainly root for the Saints - Wouldn't matter who the coaches or players are.

hog of steele

« Reply #131 on: February 04, 2019, 02:35:38 pm »

No - I would certainly root for the Saints - Wouldn't matter who the coaches or players are.

So it would be pretty awesome for you if BB was at the saints and the saints won a super bowl.

justmakeit2thebcs

« Reply #132 on: February 04, 2019, 03:25:28 pm »

Really gonna go there....Bert has had 12 yrs as a head coach and Morris 3..get back to me in 9 years with this crap and we'll compare notes then...better yet we'll compare their records just at Ar. in 4 years and we will see who is where. Apples to apples my friend...
only count to 3?  Chad has been a head coach for 4 years...won 7 games once.  Chad has already has more 7 loss seasons in 4 years than Bret has had in his entire career.  He will more than likely add to his total next year.  Bret needed to go, but Chad is not the second comming of Dabo, just the most glorified 4 win averagin' coach of all time.   Seriously though, I do thinkover a 5 year period Bret and Chad will be about equal.

So should I get back to you in 8 years or you still think you will need 9?...LOL 

twistitup

« Reply #133 on: February 04, 2019, 03:33:36 pm »

Chad is not the second comming of Dabo, 

He's known as Chabo around these parts

Superhog1959

« Reply #134 on: February 04, 2019, 03:48:27 pm »

Well Brett, and I don't care, that's how Brett should be speeled. Left us in the dump. So for now Chad gets a chance. Brett had his, it didn't start well or end well. And it will take some time to dig out of the hole he put us in, left with a fortune, then got a job, probably working for free. POS

hoglady

« Reply #135 on: February 04, 2019, 04:27:42 pm »

So it would be pretty awesome for you if BB was at the saints and the saints won a super bowl.

It would be pretty awesome for the Saints to win another Super Bowl.

Redhogs

« Reply #136 on: February 04, 2019, 04:30:04 pm »

only count to 3?  Chad has been a head coach for 4 years...won 7 games once.  Chad has already has more 7 loss seasons in 4 years than Bret has had in his entire career.  He will more than likely add to his total next year.  Bret needed to go, but Chad is not the second comming of Dabo, just the most glorified 4 win averagin' coach of all time.   Seriously though, I do thinkover a 5 year period Bret and Chad will be about equal.

So should I get back to you in 8 years or you still think you will need 9?...LOL
Well your god was 29-34 overall while here and 11-29 in the SEC. Hope and think you are wrong about them being the same after 5 years..I do know this he works 100 times harder than the fat man ever did. Just think that will pay off as time goes on here, but certainly could be wrong.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 06:50:30 pm by Redhogs »

Athog

« Reply #137 on: February 04, 2019, 05:22:54 pm »

What has he done to warrant that gig?

Sell Bill Belichick that he is qualified! Not an easy sell if this is true!

RyanMallettsEgo

• Let me buy you lunch

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #139 on: February 05, 2019, 01:33:57 pm »

That's dumb .. it's obvious they are good every year but the years they win super bowls are the years they have a good defense .

Why is it dumb. Having a superstar type player makes almost every coach look good most of the time. Hereís the pertinent fact for you: without Brady as his QB in his first 100 games as a head coach in the NFL Belichick was 42 - 58. He was on the verge of being fired by the Patriots until Brady took over as QB.

gawntrail

« Reply #140 on: February 05, 2019, 01:49:29 pm »

Having said that, my understanding is that Coach B has has lost about 40 lbs, and stopped drinking (probably the two are related, obviously).  I wish him the best.  He was a very good man.

For all the folks who want to pile on and say he destroyed the program, yadda yadda, I'm not disagreeing with you.  Some coaches aren't cut out to be the head coach.

Dude had no self-control.  Yet, you say now that he has some, he WAS a very good man.  Make up your mind. 

And, he was a Head Coach when we hired him.  As long as somebody else kept him in line, he did ok.  He cut ties with Alvarez at Wisky (for whatever reasons) and the stars lined up with Long stepping on all our collective D1CK$ by paying him outlandish money, and paying him again crazy money for beating a sub par Texas team in a lower tier bowl game. 

BBs career will be like one of those episodes of Bar Rescue where in spite of a successful pivot AND being shown the winning formula to be successful, he will flameout because he wants a pirate themed place to hang out.

oldhawg

« Reply #141 on: February 05, 2019, 02:26:19 pm »

Need to write contracts that require renegotiation if a college coach does not have a winning season, or if he wins ten or more games.

gawntrail

« Reply #142 on: February 05, 2019, 02:34:02 pm »

Need to write contracts that require renegotiation if a coach does not have a winning season.

^^^YES^^^

A clearly defined set of circumstances that allows the program to give notice of poor performance and lower pay accordingly.  Crazy how coaches make the most before getting fired, AND, collect the buy out.  Program left holding the bag.  Bad business relationship.

RyanMallettsEgo

• Let me buy you lunch
« Reply #143 on: February 05, 2019, 03:09:11 pm »

^^^YES^^^

A clearly defined set of circumstances that allows the program to give notice of poor performance and lower pay accordingly.  Crazy how coaches make the most before getting fired, AND, collect the buy out.  Program left holding the bag.  Bad business relationship.

So a coach should be punished if his starting QB, stud receiver, solid left tackle, and dependable running back all get hurt?

oldhawg

« Reply #144 on: February 05, 2019, 03:28:34 pm »

So a coach should be punished if his starting QB, stud receiver, solid left tackle, and dependable running back all get hurt?

Perhaps he should be recruiting depth and developing back-ups, that way the drop off in talent would not be so critical in every game played without the #1's. 

After Kelly Bryant left Clemson, Trevor Lawrence got clocked fairly early in their game against Syracuse and had to leave for the rest of the game.  Clemson's third string quarterback came in to lead the Tigers to victory. 

Doesn't happen every time, but it is possible.  Year to year accountability for coaches as well as players might not be a bad thing.

liljo

« Reply #145 on: February 05, 2019, 04:09:09 pm »

Why is it dumb. Having a superstar type player makes almost every coach look good most of the time. Hereís the pertinent fact for you: without Brady as his QB in his first 100 games as a head coach in the NFL Belichick was 42 - 58. He was on the verge of being fired by the Patriots until Brady took over as QB.

...and yet another statistic. He coached CLEVELAND for 5 years, going 36-44, explaining a lot of his pre-Brady record. His first year at NE he went 5-11, then The Run started in 2001 with his first Super Bowl victory.
Belichick took Cleveland to the AFC title game in his fourth year there. No doubt Brady has been sensational, the GOAT is an easy argument to defend, but whose to say who else may have been great in that role under the best coach of all time.

It has been amazing to see that team win with so many different skill players coming and going. They just keep plugging 'em in and playing well. Their defense was sensational against the Rams the other night, man, they just took everything away from LA. I was glad, because there isn't a team on the Left Coast I would ever root for against anyone.

gawntrail

« Reply #146 on: February 05, 2019, 05:01:54 pm »

Yes.  Itís his program, right?

RyanMallettsEgo

• Let me buy you lunch
« Reply #147 on: February 05, 2019, 05:19:15 pm »

Yes.  Itís his program, right?

Lol yeah man. Because every program in the country save Alabama and Clemson could magically salvage their season if that happened.

Bubba's Bruisers

« Reply #148 on: February 05, 2019, 05:58:41 pm »

Need to write contracts that require renegotiation if a college coach does not have a winning season, or if he wins ten or more games.

And why do you think programs haven't figured this out yet?

Bubba's Bruisers

« Reply #149 on: February 05, 2019, 06:00:14 pm »

Perhaps he should be recruiting depth and developing back-ups, that way the drop off in talent would not be so critical in every game played without the #1's. 

After Kelly Bryant left Clemson, Trevor Lawrence got clocked fairly early in their game against Syracuse and had to leave for the rest of the game.  Clemson's third string quarterback came in to lead the Tigers to victory. 

Doesn't happen every time, but it is possible.  Year to year accountability for coaches as well as players might not be a bad thing.

What are some other examples other than this 1 game for a NC caliber team?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas