• 10,356,940 Posts
• 409,740 Topics
• 23,422 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pro Bowl  (Read 332 times)

alohawg

Pro Bowl
« on: January 27, 2019, 02:24:48 pm »

More like pro bore the last several years. I've been to a few games and remember a time when they actually played, at least a little, instead of walking thru the motions. Not blaming the players really, I get it, too much risk with the insane money nowadays.
At this point it just seems to me they'd be better served to eliminate all risks, drop the game already and just name the All-Pro players at the end of the season. Make the t-shirts and hat's and leave it at that.
I turned to 'Family by the ton' on TLC, it's more entertaining....atleast they have to fight to reach goals.

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: Pro Bowl
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 02:27:40 pm »

More like pro bore the last several years. I've been to a few games and remember a time when they actually played, at least a little, instead of walking thru the motions. Not blaming the players really, I get it, too much risk with the insane money nowadays.
At this point it just seems to me they'd be better served to eliminate all risks, drop the game already and just name the All-Pro players at the end of the season. Make the t-shirts and hat's and leave it at that.
I turned to 'Family by the ton' on TLC, it's more entertaining....atleast they have to fight to reach goals.

Shouldnít play the game. Too much risk.  Name the players and get them to Orlando and do some autograph sessions and events for fans. A few less risky skill competitions with qbs and kickers.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

EastexHawg

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 04:06:10 pm »

It's an abomination.  They are basically playing touch football.  I can't watch it.

It's almost as bad as the NBA All-Star joke, which is a 3 point and slam dunk contest disguised as a basketball game.

99toLife

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Crazy Times Make Crazy people Crazier!!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 04:12:17 pm »

Shouldnít play the game. Too much risk.  Name the players and get them to Orlando and do some autograph sessions and events for fans. A few less risky skill competitions with qbs and kickers.

I agree 100%, I rather they do a super stars of the 70's kind of event, rather than this dangerous waist of time...

greenEGnHAWGS

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Another day in HV Paradise...
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 07:42:38 pm »

I came here to say this exact thing. I didnít even watch it, but the video of a...Mike Evans interception (WTH?) made me click the highlight...and he lateraled to...Saquon FREAKING Barkley...playing Defense?! Youíve GOT to be kidding me! Why play? This whole thing is a joke. The players want to be named to the team? Donít blame them. Playing the game? Please stop. Itís a joke.

To add to it...itís a week before the SuperBowl...which essentially means that NO players from the TWO BEST TEAMS will be participating. Please Goodell...end this farce.

alohawg

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2019, 10:15:04 pm »

First one I attended was in 82 or 83, I forget- but atleast it appeared to be a pretty competitive game. My biggest memory from that game was watching kids get autographs from several players exiting the stadium and being ignored by one, Marcus Allen. I remember leaving thinking what a jerk he was, not just for ignoring them but for doing it like an ahole.
I rooted against him thereafter.
The ones I enjoyed most here were the early 90's that featured half my super bowl champ Cowboys.  ;D
The last one I attended was probably 10 years ago or so and even it resembled a football game....

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2019, 08:35:19 am »

Painful to watch besides when Mahomes was in at QB...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas