• 10,544,406 Posts
• 415,536 Topics
• 23,816 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2019 HOF Class announced Tues (1/22)  (Read 397 times)

sevenof400

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Is it too late to remember what was best in life?
2019 HOF Class announced Tues (1/22)
« on: January 21, 2019, 04:24:03 pm »

And (not surprisingly I guess), a website dedicated to making a solid prediction on those who will / will not be enshrined can be found by clicking here.

Some very depressing news from this website indicates the Cheaters (Bonds, Clemens) are on the cusp of getting in.  I hope that day never comes.

But more to the positive, it appears players such as Roy Halladay, Mike Mussina, Edgar Martinez, and Marino Rivera will be inducted.

It appears that Curt Schilling may fall just short. 

Thoughts anyone?

ucahogfan

Re: 2019 HOF Class announced Tues (1/22)
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 08:10:23 pm »

I thought it was a solid class and about time Mussina got in.  While I could argue all day about Mo being the first unanimous HOF, he was definitely deserving.  I think people are also seeing just how good those guys in the 1990s and 2000s were during their career.  Sure, pitchers don't have that 300 win total, but I think we will start seeing 200 wins being more the benchmark.  Halladay was a sure fire HOF to me and he only had 203 wins because his career was cut short.  Moving forward, I could see the following:

Derek Jeter is a shoe in.  98%+ of the vote.
Could Schilling sneak in here?  I could think so.
Larry Walker could get the 10th ballot support, but he needs a 21% increase which is huge.

Probably just a two player class.

Tim Hudson is the best first timer on the ballot so it will almost certainly be existing players.
Could this be the year that Bonds and Clemens get in?  I think they are HOFs, but should have an asterisk by their names.  They were the best players in an era tainted by steroids.
Also could see Omar Vizquel getting in here.

A-Rod and Big Papi are the big names on the ballot here.  I think both of them should be first ballot HOFs, but A-Rod probably won't be.
This is also the 10th potential ballot for Schilling, Bonds, Clemens, and Sosa.  If not elected before this, will drop off a lot of potential HOFs moving into 2023.

Carlos Beltran is the biggest name on the ballot here.  While I think he gets in at some point, probably not a first ballot HOF.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Come to the Dark Side
Re: 2019 HOF Class announced Tues (1/22)
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 02:03:53 pm »

Mo!   
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas