General Sports Discussion > NFL Board

If the Rams somehow win the Super Bowl, would Brandon Allen get a ring?

(1/2) > >>

OPoraquê:
Looks like he's still on the practice squad.

Odds are against the young man for having a Tom Brady like NFL career, but after ALL he went through (and never winning an sc at FHS, which Austin won twice) and playing his heart out, I'd love to see this guy get some super bowl championship bling.

OPoraquê:
I guess lil' bro just answered my question:  https://twitter.com/austinallen8/status/1087128821239824384

greenEGnHAWGS:
What a game. I am so happy the Rams pulled that off!

ocsm158:
Rams won alright but there should have never been overtime.

ur:
Yes he's on the practice squad and on the sideline. Showed him and another guy writing a bunch of stuff down during the game. He's been sitting next to Goff with a headset on during some games.

texas tush hog:

--- Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on January 20, 2019, 05:31:03 pm ---What a game. I am so happy the Rams pulled that off!

--- End quote ---

I am not a Saints fan but that was the greatest injustice in the history of the NFL. Worst no call in NFL history. The FBI should be launching an investigation into those referees and charging them with felonious game fixing. Pitiful.

hawgsalot:
Biggest HS no call I've ever seen, it was pass interference and targeting and no call really?  That ref will be lucky to make it out of Nola alive.  That's up there with the phantom personal foul at Florida except it was to go to the Super Bowl.  Wow

Dr. Starcs:
Sean Payton blew the game just as bad with that first down pass call.

arkfan81:

--- Quote from: ocsm158 on January 20, 2019, 05:33:44 pm ---Rams won alright but there should have never been overtime.

--- End quote ---

One  atrocious missed call cost the saints.

Bubba's Bruisers:

--- Quote from: ocsm158 on January 20, 2019, 05:33:44 pm ---Rams won alright but there should have never been overtime.

--- End quote ---

Yep, about the worst no call I’ve seen.  Incredible there was no flag.  NFL probably just desperate for the LA market in SB.

Bubba's Bruisers:

--- Quote from: Dr. Starcs on January 20, 2019, 05:57:17 pm ---Sean Payton blew the game just as bad with that first down pass call.

--- End quote ---

I blame Brees for his terrible throw.  Wouldn’t have matter had the PI call been made.  The wrong team made the SB, but that’s just how it goes sometimes.

BassinHawg:
PI and possible Targeting. Seems like NFL Playoff games are always rigged.

Leadbelly:

--- Quote from: texas tush hog on January 20, 2019, 05:42:37 pm ---
I am not a Saints fan but that was the greatest injustice in the history of the NFL. Worst no call in NFL history. The FBI should be launching an investigation into those referees and charging them with felonious game fixing. Pitiful.

--- End quote ---
Agreed. Not a Saints fan nor a huge NFL fan, but that was the worst no call of the year. Absolutely cost the Saints a trip to the SB. Would have been 1st and goal with about a 1:45 left.

OPoraquê:
How many other Arkansas quarterbacks have either played on or been on a Super Bowl NFL team?  Forgive my lack of knowledge on this - I'm just curious.

greenEGnHAWGS:
I’m so glad the Saints lost as I can’t stand Sean Payton...but that call was horrid. I can’t understand why there aren’t repercussions against refs who don’t do their job in those high-stake situations.

alohawg:

--- Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 20, 2019, 05:58:20 pm ---Yep, about the worst no call I’ve seen.  Incredible there was no flag.  NFL probably just desperate for the LA market in SB.

--- End quote ---

We're they in on that Brees interception that set the Rams up in OT? I just think they blew they call, no conspiracy.

Btw, wasn't it not long ago the Saints benefited from a lousy call against the stealers or am I imagining that?

Dr. Starcs:
The interception in overtime was borderline PI too

alohawg:

--- Quote from: Dr. Starcs on January 20, 2019, 06:50:57 pm ---The interception in overtime was borderline PI too

--- End quote ---
That ball was tipped though wasn't it?

Bubba's Bruisers:

--- Quote from: alohawg on January 20, 2019, 06:49:44 pm ---We're they in on that Brees interception that set the Rams up in OT? I just think they blew they call, no conspiracy.

--- End quote ---

I’m being facetious about the conspiracy.  The play on the Brees interception shouldn’t have ever occurred.  Saints needed to overcome the no call.  They didn’t. 

Dr. Starcs:

--- Quote from: alohawg on January 20, 2019, 06:52:31 pm ---That ball was tipped though wasn't it?

--- End quote ---

I believe Aikman and Buck said the defender hit his arm but not the ball.

Bubba's Bruisers:

--- Quote from: Dr. Starcs on January 20, 2019, 06:50:57 pm ---The interception in overtime was borderline PI too

--- End quote ---

It looked like an attempt at a make up call, but was too little too late for the Saints.

alohawg:
Well, nobody knows how the Saints feel more than the Cowboys. We've been on our share of the wrong calls/no calls in recent playoff history.

Dr. Starcs:

--- Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 20, 2019, 06:54:03 pm ---It looked like an attempt at a make up call, but was too little too late for the Saints.

--- End quote ---

I meant the one that the rams actually intercepted

Dr. Starcs:

--- Quote from: alohawg on January 20, 2019, 06:57:00 pm ---Well, nobody knows how the Saints feel more than the Cowboys. We've been on our share of the wrong calls/no calls in recent playoff history.

--- End quote ---

Exactly my friend.

tophawg19:

--- Quote from: alohawg on January 20, 2019, 06:52:31 pm ---That ball was tipped though wasn't it?

--- End quote ---
no they hit the QB only. also there was a missed one in the 3rd where the Ram DB mugged the WR before the ball got there

hoglady:

--- Quote from: texas tush hog on January 20, 2019, 05:42:37 pm ---

--- End quote ---

I'm a Saints fan and I agree.

hoglady:

--- Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 20, 2019, 05:58:20 pm ---Yep, about the worst no call I’ve seen.  Incredible there was no flag.  NFL probably just desperate for the LA market in SB.

--- End quote ---

That's what my brother said - NFL wants Rams and New England for the East and West coast market.

greenEGnHAWGS:

--- Quote from: hoglady on January 20, 2019, 07:12:16 pm ---I'm a Saints fan and I agree.

--- End quote ---

I hate the Saints and I agree.

Bubba's Bruisers:

--- Quote from: hoglady on January 20, 2019, 07:14:08 pm ---That's what my brother said - NFL wants Rams and New England for the East and West coast market.

--- End quote ---

I’m not suggesting it was by design, but you’re brother is right.  The NFL undoubtedly wants the LA vs NE markets.  And who could blame the NFL for that?

OPoraquê:
Forgive me for asking again, but is BA the only one of Arkansas' best QBs to even be on a Super Bowl team roster?

I'm scanning wiki and can't find evidence that Mallett, Ferguson, Wilson, Casey Dick, Montgomery, Stoerner ever were...but I can't believe BA is the only one of that group (or any others) to have had this privilege.

hoglady:

--- Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 20, 2019, 07:16:19 pm ---I’m not suggesting it was by design, but you’re brother is right.  The NFL undoubtedly wants the LA vs NE markets.  And who could blame the NFL for that?

--- End quote ---

I'm sure they got what they wanted - but I doubt they are very happy about the blown call.
That's not good for the game and it's a shame that's what folks will be talking about for a couple of days.

Boomer looked like he could spit nails over it when discussing it at half time of this KC game.

007 License To Squeal:
It's difficult to believe a ref, who job it is to watch for PI, didn't see that....no way to justify that no-call....it wasn't even close.  That kind of call generates talk of payoffs and rigged games.

Bubba's Bruisers:

--- Quote from: hoglady on January 20, 2019, 07:24:14 pm ---I'm sure they got what they wanted - but I doubt they are very happy about the blown call.
That's not good for the game and it's a shame that's what folks will be talking about for a couple of days.

Boomer looked like he could spit nails over it when discussing it at half time of this KC game.

--- End quote ---

Nah, it will be forgotten in a day or so, and the NFL knows it.

LRHawg:
As a Razorback football fan, we know EXACTLY how Saints fans feel.

El Duderino:
Well I am a Saints fan and I am pissed-er than hell

007 License To Squeal:

--- Quote from: El Duderino on January 20, 2019, 07:55:25 pm ---Well I am a Saints fan and I am pissed-er than hell

--- End quote ---
You should be.....that was the most sickening display of a ref's missing a call I have ever seen...

Bubba's Bruisers:

--- Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on January 20, 2019, 08:07:10 pm ---You should be.....that was the most sickening display of a ref's missing a call I have ever seen...

--- End quote ---

It was the kind of thing that gives credence to conspiracy theories. 

007 License To Squeal:

--- Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 20, 2019, 08:15:20 pm ---It was the kind of thing that gives credence to conspiracy theories. 

--- End quote ---

Exactly!!! 

(notOM)Rebel123:

--- Quote from: alohawg on January 20, 2019, 06:57:00 pm ---Well, nobody knows how the Saints feel more than the Cowboys. We've been on our share of the wrong calls/no calls in recent playoff history.

--- End quote ---
Hahahah! Drew Pearson.
Even if Dez’s catch was ruled a catch and the Cowboys had won, they still had to go to Seattle the next week. Never mind the fact that the Cowboys got a break the week before vs the Lions on a PI call.

OPoraquê:
According to this link, BA and Ryan Mallett (2011, Patriots, also an inactive player then on the roster) are the only two Arkansas quarterbacks to be on a Super Bowl team roster as quarterbacks.  Again, "if" somehow the Rams would win in two weeks Allen would be the only one of the two on an SB-winning team.  Best to him in 2 weeks:

https://247sports.com/college/arkansas/Gallery/Looking-back-at-all-Arkansas-Razorbacks-in-Super-Bowl-history-114464097/

No further questions, your honor.

husker71:
about Brandon Allen getting a ring, he will get one for sure.  The winning team will give out maybe 150 rings??  Everybody associated with the team will get one including people in the ticket office and front office, scouts even grounds crew but not all will get the ones with diamonds etc. 

alohawg:

--- Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 20, 2019, 08:38:03 pm ---Hahahah! Drew Pearson.
Even if Dez’s catch was ruled a catch and the Cowboys had won, they still had to go to Seattle the next week. Never mind the fact that the Cowboys got a break the week before vs the Lions on a PI call.

--- End quote ---

I agree except on Pearson. Find an end zone angle and watch in slomo, no push off.

sickboy:

--- Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on January 20, 2019, 07:25:02 pm ---It's difficult to believe a ref, who job it is to watch for PI, didn't see that....no way to justify that no-call....it wasn't even close.  That kind of call generates talk of payoffs and rigged games.

--- End quote ---

That crew is a bad crew. They've been a bad crew all season. Before this game, they had thrown more penalties against the Rams than any other ref crew. They were averaging a 3:1 ratio in favor of Rams opponents this year. There was even talk before the game why the NFL put this crew on the game knowing how the Rams had had issues with them in the past. Wonder if that got to their head?

Still, go watch that game and there are a ton of blown calls throughout going against both teams. I think it just so happened that the horrible play calling happened at the worst possible time. I truly think the refs just didn't want to decide the game by blowing the whistle. Which... had they blown the whistle the game would have been over. Instead, they didn't blow the whistle and the Saints proceeded to let the Rams drive down the field with ease.

Bottom line. The simples solution is usually the answer. These referees are really bad.

hoglady:
McVay is so full of crap - when asked about the call he said "well, it was a bang-bang play".

At least Robey-Coleman laughed about it - said of course it was PI, He said - I knew it was when I hit him. Figured I'd rather get a PI than him score a TD. Said the defense was out of position, when he saw who was open he ran at the receiver as hard as he could, had no idea where the ball was.

Dr. Starcs:
God forbid I ever agree with Marcus peters, but he said “if they coach had ran the ball on first and second down, we probably wouldn’t be talking about this”

hoglady:

--- Quote from: Dr. Starcs on January 21, 2019, 08:24:29 am ---God forbid I ever agree with Marcus peters, but he said “if they coach had ran the ball on first and second down, we probably wouldn’t be talking about this”

--- End quote ---

Yep - coaches sometimes overthink things in crunch time and make head scratching decisions.
Just like Pete Carroll not giving the ball to Marshawn Lynch.

OPoraquê:
Glad to see this for that kid:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs4KXbGBI-Z/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=9jw0xqe23ck0

1highhog:

--- End quote ---

Yeah but that one would have been offensive pass interference.  The WR pushed off to get separation and it went horribly wrong for him.

idochog:
Read somewhere that 3 of the refs were from LA

AirWarren:
Coach B.
1. Huge buyout paycheck from getting ran off.
2. Landing a gig with the biggest name in NFL.
3. Lands pretty decent profit off of his home in Fayetteville.

About to probably get a Super Bowl ring. Way to land on your feet coach B. And good luck to Wise, Flowers, and BA. Looks like some of his fruit is coming to real fruition.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View