• 10,349,969 Posts
• 409,554 Topics
• 23,410 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anderson Supporters, Where are the Goalposts now?  (Read 477 times)

Peter Porker

• All-American Hogvillian
  • It's skin deep.
Anderson Supporters, Where are the Goalposts now?
« on: January 16, 2019, 11:14:05 am »

At first it was year 3, then year 5, and now it's year 10. When will you say, "enough is enough"?

Hogmatic

• All-American Hogvillian
Re: Anderson Supporters, Where are the Goalposts now?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 11:18:09 am »

We expect more than Mike's performance.  We used to play championship caliber ball, but now programs like UF, UT, AU, etc have stolen our position in the SEC hierarchy. Our fan base still has a MEMORY of top 5 finishes, top 10 finishes, conference championships, Sweet 16s, Final Fours, 2 straight National Championship games, & ONE National Championship.  We had prestige via the Ark vs. Ky game being Nationally Televised on Super Bowl Sunday for many years. We have become somewhat irrelevant and that is terrible.... and Mike is not making it better. We are regularly embarrassed by teams that know us or are in our conference and know how to use Mike's scheme/style against him. Quite simply the program has had way too many embarrassing moments with Mike at the Helm.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

code red

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • You can't handle the truth!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 11:22:04 am »

Mike is starting a new tradition.  Unfortunately.

Smithian

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 11:27:23 am »

I said at beginning of season he deserved to be back after 3 out of 4 NCAA's, barring disaster. I consider disaster under 5 SEC wins. That is possible at this point.

Next year would have to be NCAA or bust, and even then another first weekend exit and I'm not sure he is guaranteed a return.

AirWarren

• Football impotence of the Midwest
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 11:31:27 am »

The stove burner has been cranked up a notch.

Danny J

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2019, 11:34:47 am »

I said at beginning of season he deserved to be back after 3 out of 4 NCAA's, barring disaster. I consider disaster under 5 SEC wins. That is possible at this point.

Next year would have to be NCAA or bust, and even then another first weekend exit and I'm not sure he is guaranteed a return.
He's coming back unless he loses most of the remaining games, control of the locker room or some off the court mishap which the latter isn't going to happen and may come back even if the former 2 things do happen. I think it's likely he'll finish with a .500 overall record and be back next season. The real question should be can he keep our core starting roster together which should be Joe, Chaney, Jones and Harris along with Sills and KES. That's the real question and would almost bet he loses at least 1 to transfer if the past trends hold true.

hawgfan4life

• Hogvillian
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2019, 11:51:25 am »

We haven't been what I want or expect, but we have been trending up in play and recruiting the past few years.  There will always be peaks and valleys.  Everyone knew this season would be a valley, but we have improved recruiting still in front of us with a good young group.  Some were posting asking if MA had his best team early in the non-conference and now we have the haters coming out with torches lit.  I will wait until the season is over to decided if I am leaning toward change, but I am not happy with what we have at this time. 

Hatfield wasn't fired, but fans were hyper critical of him and some had openly talked about change after he lost a few select games during a five season run of three-10 win seasons and two-9 win seasons.  It was bad enough Hatfield bolted from his dream job and home school.  Fans were so vocal with hate after Nolan Richardson's second season that it was anyone's guess whether Broyles was going to fire him.  Wally Hall openly stated on his television show that he felt NR should get one more year, but it was said with a lot of second guessing and uncertainty in his tone.  Broyles actually wanted to fire NR and was overruled by someone higher up.  Those were emotionally charged decisions just like this would be right now after losing to a team everybody expected us to lose to when the season started.  I will wait and see how we finish.  I agree that there are better coaches, but every coaching change is a role of the dice.  I would rather stay with MA if he can continue trending better over time with success and recruits, despite this being a hard year to watch.  I don't want to repeat the trend we had before in football and basketball where it is a new coach every few years and more and no real success.

jabberjawls

• Senior
  • Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2019, 03:38:20 pm »

I remember when we used to be the #2 program in the SEC, easily.

Smithian

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2019, 08:25:23 am »

I remember when we used to be the #2 program in the SEC, easily.
Someone has that stat rolling around over the past few years we have the second most wins in the SEC.

The program, before the past few weeks, isn't a dumpster fire. Just spinning its wheels. Good facilities and big time fan base make it a good program. Not worth giving up.

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2019, 02:54:50 pm »

We will see!

Danny J

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2019, 06:24:47 pm »

Someone has that stat rolling around over the past few years we have the second most wins in the SEC.

The program, before the past few weeks, isn't a dumpster fire. Just spinning its wheels. Good facilities and big time fan base make it a good program. Not worth giving up.
Exactly...to prove this point just put yourself in Pearls shoes or Howlands shoes...Ark or Auburn/MSU? How about Davis at Ole Miss? Let's be honest...there are 4 fan bases that look at basketball as a serious sport and not a wintertime distraction before spring football begins...UK, Tenn, Vandy and...Arkansas. The timing has to be right to hire a known "at the time HR hire". If it's not I would in no way settle for a up and comer. I would simply send out feelers and if there's nothing there bring MA back.

ErieHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Life as a Politics Mod....
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2019, 08:11:28 pm »

When he starts actually underperforming.

Which he still hasn't.  He's performing about at expected levels.

hamARchy in the USA

• Hogvillian
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2019, 10:54:21 pm »

When he starts actually underperforming.

Which he still hasn't.  He's performing about at expected levels.

There's some truth in that.  When he was hired it was expected that he couldn't handle this job and that's exactly what he's shown for the 8th straight year.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas