• 10,633,823 Posts
• 417,189 Topics
• 24,425 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What was your best catch/kill this past season  (Read 1418 times)

Sweet Feet

• Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
What was your best catch/kill this past season
« on: January 13, 2019, 08:33:49 pm »

what is the best fish you have caught or best deer you have killed recently?

CPO Hog

Re: What was your best catch/kill this past season
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 09:33:12 am »

My kid caught a 25lb high fin blue.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

theFlyingHog

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 10:15:37 pm »

I caught a largemouth that may have weighed a little more than my 3/8 jig

southeasthog

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Resident Inspector
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 08:13:42 am »

Best Crappie last year.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 09:02:13 am by southeasthog »

southeasthog

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Resident Inspector
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 08:28:37 am »

Best Buck this season.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 08:53:03 am by southeasthog »

Großer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Two years of Chadwick and a Coaching Search......
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 07:05:32 pm »

markmta33

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 02:33:44 pm »

2nd week of gun season

raz96

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2019, 11:49:03 am »

Late to the thread but just ran across it.  Thought I would share my daughter's  first elk, White Mountains in AZ  Largest she could legally take with her tag and worth the 4 days of patience.

raz96

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2019, 06:40:47 pm »

More meat for the freezer - nice 6x7 white mountain elk.

woodrow hog call

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2019, 08:27:44 am »

More meat for the freezer - nice 6x7 white mountain elk.

Nice looking bull raz, it looks like you know how to get it done out there. That's a bucket list type of hunt for me, do you pack in and camp, or just drive in each morning?

raz96

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2019, 12:35:05 pm »

Woodrow,

I live in Scottsdale so we take our trailer up about 6 weeks before the hunt and use that as a base camp.  My wife goes so its more glamping but I can live with it.  From their, I spend a lot of time scouting and selecting areas that holds the bulls.  Drive in every morning before dark - usually around 4 AM.  This hunt was during the rut so they are bugling away like crazy but still have to track them down.

Do you put in for tags?  I know AZ allocates a certain amount to out of state folks.  If you ever get one, look me up, happy to help anyway I can.  Also, you have any teenagers that hunt?  Let me know if you do, I can give you a great option.

woodrow hog call

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2019, 03:48:01 pm »

Woodrow,

I live in Scottsdale so we take our trailer up about 6 weeks before the hunt and use that as a base camp.  My wife goes so its more glamping but I can live with it.  From their, I spend a lot of time scouting and selecting areas that holds the bulls.  Drive in every morning before dark - usually around 4 AM.  This hunt was during the rut so they are bugling away like crazy but still have to track them down.

Do you put in for tags?  I know AZ allocates a certain amount to out of state folks.  If you ever get one, look me up, happy to help anyway I can.  Also, you have any teenagers that hunt?  Let me know if you do, I can give you a great option.

No I haven't gotten to the point financially and physically health wise to be ready to put in for one. My grand kids will be teenagers in 7-8 years, that would be a great time to go if I can keep them interested in hunting and the outdoors in general. Seeing the pic of your daughter with her kill is awesome, that gets you a ton of respect in my book, yours is ok too though, lol.

I love watching the hunting shows when the bulls are bugling, I think that has to be a hair raising experience to have one come in doing that.

What is the elevation where you guys hunt? I have always looked at the Colorado hunts, but not really looked into AZ before.

raz96

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2019, 06:45:14 pm »

When your teens are ready, let me know.  I can help them get a raghorn tag (provided they are still doing it).  Thats a great hunt to teach kids on.

Bugling bulls are a symphony.  All night and most of the day when they are moving.   We were hunting about 9300 feet, tracked it most of the day and got him right at sunset.    I had to stop every 5 minutes and catch my breath - easy to forget how less oxygen there is that elevation.

Good luck with everything!

Carl Lazlo

• Hogvillian
  • Your site for Razorback news.
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2019, 10:17:46 am »

Been to Colorado elk hunting for the past 3 seasons.  I started out around 8000 feet.  Eventually got acclimated and went to 12200 which is where I found the larger herds of elk.  Finally got a chance at a giant 6x6 that had a harem of about 30 cows.  The lead cow ended up in my wind.  They spooked, I made a call they stopped. Drew on him and took a 70 yard shot.  He lurches forward before impact and did not get good arrow placement.  This was late in the afternoon.

Went back the next morning.  It takes 4 - 5 hours of hiking to get back to the location.  I searched and found only one pool of blood.  About 6 hours into looking a storm blew up which sent me back to camp.  I went wrong on my setup by about 15 yards.  Would have made a big difference.

raz96

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2019, 06:10:40 pm »

Bad luck but sounds like a great experience.  Keep going, it will happen.   I doubt I could handle that elevation - too many years under my belt.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas