• 10,227,604 Posts
• 406,709 Topics
• 23,288 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hunter Henry back in today  (Read 1461 times)

Tejano Jawg

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Thank you Mike.
Hunter Henry back in today
« on: January 13, 2019, 01:50:57 pm »

I figured there'd already be a mention about it here.

Unfortunately, it looks like his 2018-2019 season will be a very quick one. :(

hawkhawg

Re: Hunter Henry back in today
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 01:53:42 pm »

To bad he has to play Flowers.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

LZH

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 02:22:09 pm »

Take a coat and hit the bench, cuz.  This is a done deal.

Iwastherein1969

• Gold Hogvillian
  • When God made me, he broke the mold of perfection.
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 02:39:05 pm »

Hunter will be one of Rivers' main targets next season. You think the Charger management is going to take the chance on ruining the career of one of it's biggest and youngest stars trying to beat the GOAT when it's 26 degrees in Foxborough ?

Iwastherein1969

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2019, 02:40:56 pm »

To bad he has to play Flowers.
and Wise, Jr

jkstock04

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2019, 02:50:37 pm »

Hunter will be one of Rivers' main targets next season. You think the Charger management is going to take the chance on ruining the career of one of it's biggest and youngest stars trying to beat the GOAT when it's 26 degrees in Foxborough ?
What is this supposed to mean? Throwaway game by the Chargers today?

Tuskarilla

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2019, 02:51:35 pm »

Chargers left guard, Feeney, has a pretty curious pre-snap sequence.

Iwastherein1969

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2019, 02:53:16 pm »

What is this supposed to mean? Throwaway game by the Chargers today?
Hunter hasn't been there all year. I have no idea why they think he would make the difference ?  Obviously, he's not. But maybe next season once he's not only physically well but mentally over his injuries. Yeah, send Hunter across the middle and have someone cut his knees when the score is 41-14. Brilliance, personified.

jkstock04

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2019, 02:58:38 pm »

Hunter hasn't been there all year. I have no idea why they think he would make the difference ?  Obviously, he's not. But maybe next season once he's not only physically well but mentally over his injuries. Yeah, send Hunter across the middle and have someone cut his knees when the score is 41-14. Brilliance, personified.
Well...they just chunked it to him on the last drive what shouldve been a pick...so obviously they arent trying to save him as a secret weapon for next season. On another note Antonio Gates looks like he weighs 300 plus pounds and lumbers around like a lurch.... probably the least athletic tight end in the entire NFL. I hope they don't shape Hunter Henry like that.

Regardless, I thouroughly enjoy watching the Chargers get their skulls caved in today.

sowmonella

• You know I'm right.
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2019, 02:59:21 pm »

Glad HH has gotten all the way back after his injury. Like him or not Brady is the GOAT. It's like being able to watch The Babe live on TV. Enjoy it while you can.

Iwastherein1969

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2019, 03:05:41 pm »

Well...they just chunked it to him on the last drive what shouldve been a pick...so obviously they arent trying to save him as a secret weapon for next season. On another note Antonio Gates looks like he weighs 300 plus pounds and lumbers around like a lurch.... probably the least athletic tight end in the entire NFL. I hope they don't shape Hunter Henry like that.

Regardless, I thouroughly enjoy watching the Chargers get their skulls caved in today.
Who said anything about a secret weapon. You feel the need to embellish because you know you are absolutely wrong on this one. Gates is at the end of his career and Hunter is not only the heir apparent but has a great future. I understand the magnitude of the game. But you are just flat out wrong that Henry needs to be out there. We can agree to disagree.

Iwastherein1969

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2019, 03:06:13 pm »

Glad HH has gotten all the way back after his injury. Like him or not Brady is the GOAT. It's like being able to watch The Babe live on TV. Enjoy it while you can.
I agree 100%.

247Hog

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2019, 03:09:40 pm »

I've barely watched NFL the past few seasons but have watched all of this game. Tony Romo has to be the worst at calling a game in NFL history.

jkstock04

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2019, 03:10:57 pm »

Who said anything about a secret weapon. You feel the need to embellish because you know you are absolutely wrong on this one. Gates is at the end of his career and Hunter is not only the heir apparent but has a great future. I understand the magnitude of the game. But you are just flat out wrong that Henry needs to be out there. We can agree to disagree.
You are the one that inferred the charger management was too smart to use him today....yet he has been playing. Perhaps you meant it as a serious question rather than a statement as to what was happening. If so my mistake.

Dr. Starcs

• Tell me what you don't like about yourself.
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2019, 03:23:15 pm »

and Wise, Jr

I think wise was inactive today

Iwastherein1969

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2019, 03:24:29 pm »

You are the one that inferred the charger management was too smart to use him today....yet he has been playing. Perhaps you meant it as a serious question rather than a statement as to what was happening. If so my mistake.
I stand by my statement. HH should have never taken the field. The NE defensive backs are small and the way they get big guys down is by going low every time. Maybe it's because HH wouldn't have gotten some type of bonus unless he played in the playoffs at some point. Who knows what and how they write incentives in the modern NFL contracts. Anyway, I would have paid HH his bonus (if, in fact that's it) and lived to play another day. I say potato and you say potatah. So be it. Does it really matter now ?

Iwastherein1969

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2019, 03:26:22 pm »

I think wise was inactive today
Okay, truth is I didn't look at their roster. Nor did I watch hardly any of the game. I worked yesterday and I slept until 1330 hrs. So you win on that one, Starcs. Strange things do happen.

jkstock04

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2019, 03:27:41 pm »

I stand by my statement. HH should have never taken the field. The NE defensive backs are small and the way they get big guys down is by going low every time. Maybe it's because HH wouldn't have gotten some type of bonus unless he played in the playoffs at some point. Who knows what and how they write incentives in the modern NFL contracts. Anyway, I would have paid HH his bonus (if, in fact that's it) and lived to play another day. I say potato and you say potatah. So be it. Does it really matter now ?
I gotcha...text lost in translation. No... doesn't really matter now.

LZH

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2019, 04:24:37 pm »

I've barely watched NFL the past few seasons but have watched all of this game. Tony Romo has to be the worst at calling a game in NFL history.

He's on and off.  I thought he did OK today.

Flowers made some money this afternoon, he looked like he was playing against a JV team.  Good for him.

hawkhawg

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2019, 05:42:56 pm »

Flowers made some money this afternoon, he looked like he was playing against a JV team.  Good for him.

Flowers was a beast today.

247Hog

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2019, 05:58:37 pm »

I watched so i can see him and Hunter play and was impressed with Flowers play. Hope he can continue to do it in next week and Super Bowl.

He reminds me of a Michael Strahan lite. Especially with the gap.

Hogs run wild

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2019, 11:22:47 pm »

Flowers was a beast today.
that penalty on his second sack was BS!

LZH

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2019, 06:30:07 am »

He reminds me of a Michael Strahan lite. Especially with the gap.

In the line of scrimmage or his teeth?

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2019, 09:03:07 am »

About to find out if Mahomes can take the torch from him next sunday at Arrowhead!!!!

Mo_Better_Hogs

• All-American Hogvillian
  • DE FENSE!! DE FENSE!!
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2019, 11:28:47 am »

It was good seeing Henry out there, even if brief. And irrelevant, but no reflection on him. When the Pats are clicking, they're hard to slow down. But glad HH is healthy enough to go. Look forward to next year.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas