• 10,302,836 Posts
• 408,279 Topics
• 23,335 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Team fought hard  (Read 1627 times)

LumberBacks

Re: Team fought hard
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2019, 09:46:17 am »

Bring on another Dana Altman, Coach Pel and Stan Heath.
Or a Chris Beard, Rick Barnes.  The meek fan will always fear we could do worse than Mike.

Hogwild

« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2019, 09:53:45 am »

I think they played extremely hard, and they have a lot of talent..

It was a good entertaining game, the outcome is what we desired, but both teams played hard.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Smithian

« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2019, 09:56:19 am »

Bring on another Dana Altman, Coach Pel and Stan Heath.
A&M has made two Sweet Sixteens with a coach they pulled out of the Ohio Valley Conference. Ole Miss is doing okay with a guy they pulled out of the Sun Belt. Mississippi State and Tennessee are ranked with retread head coaches.

Just because the Razorbacks had a couple bad hires doesn't mean we're doomed.

But before we talk coaches, maybe we should cross our fingers this season turns around.

Fan701

« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2019, 10:00:19 am »

Who did they buy? Link?
Sure, kids in Connecticut and New Jersey dream all their youth of becoming LSU Tigers and will sign up for free!  May I interest you in a bridge to Brooklyn?  I will sell it to you cheap!  The FBI has recorded Will Wade bidding for players.  There are many news stories covering this.  Look it up!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 10:20:03 am by Fan701 »

Dominicanhog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2019, 10:01:28 am »

But before we talk coaches,

Too late, that started before day 1..

JenksHawg

• Varsity
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2019, 10:07:31 am »

The only ‘apathy’ I see is with some fair weather ‘fans’.  The boys fought hard.  If Joe wasn’t in this slump, we would have won.  He will come out of it and we will win some no one expects.  These piglets don’t know they are supposed to lose.  The individual new players are used to winning.  They won’t quit until they start winning again.  Then they will only stop at the final buzzer.

That’s just one reason I love this group.

They won’t quit, even though some of the ‘fans’ have, only 3 games into conference play.

And in 2-3 years, everyone will be saying “good riddance, we’ll be better without them, let the freshmen play” just like we always do - the never ending cycle. Always looking to some upcoming promising recruiting class or potential of freshmen as we flail around in mediocrity.

AirWarren

• Football impotence of the Midwest
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2019, 12:59:39 pm »

Or a Chris Beard, Rick Barnes.  The meek fan will always fear we could do worse than Mike.

Because at Arkansas. We will.

AirWarren

« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2019, 01:02:58 pm »

Too late, that started before day 1..

Yup. There will never be another Nolan. And we will probably never see another 1994/1995. Same with “64”.

I’m actually terrified of who the hire would be if we fired mike.

Personally, I’m in agreeance with most though. He has this year. I don’t think the new blood AD has any loyalty to “94” bloodlines. Plus, with Scotty’s wife being a physician and buying into “medicinal” cultivating recently in Heber springs, he won’t hurt. Mike’s on borrowed time.

raz1965

« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2019, 01:10:09 pm »

This team plays with passion, the youth will fade an this team could be special if a couple of talented bigs join the squad next year. I'm not sure it will stay together with all the unknows surrounding the program but I'm hoping I can see this team next year, regardless I love the hogs an do badly want to see great basket ball again, no prejudice as to how it happens as long as ethics prevails.

Dominicanhog

« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2019, 01:24:56 pm »

Mike’s on borrowed time.

I think your being a bit premature with that assessment.. imo, fwiw, we finish 17-19 wins, probably NIT, which will help the young team..add more talent and experience next year, even with DG leaving... the SEC will be weaker next year and we should be back in the ncaa's.. if that doesn't happen, then you could be right... and rightfully so, I'd add..

edited the wins, 18-20 may be too many for even my Hog colored glasses..
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 01:36:36 pm by Dominicanhog »

AirWarren

« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2019, 01:28:01 pm »

I think your being a bit premature with that assessment.. imo, fwiw, we finish 18-20 wins, probably NIT, which will help the young team..add more talent and experience next year, even with DG leaving... the SEC will be weaker next year and we should be back in the ncaa's.. if that doesn't happen, then you could be right... and rightfully so, I'd add..

I would buy that.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas