• 10,333,305 Posts
• 409,023 Topics
• 23,362 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3rd loss in BWA this year  (Read 2856 times)

hobhog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: 3rd loss in BWA this year
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2019, 10:37:03 am »

Bud Walton was a shell of its potential crowd last night. Saturday will be about the same. Apathy has set in but the early start to season made people think maybe we could be good. That's out the window - better start winning some games or that place will be empty, like it was for Vandy couple years ago.

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Eric Musselman!
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2019, 10:37:06 am »

FLA          ARK

FT Made-Attempted   15-19       15-26
Free Throw %            78.9         57.7

That in bold?  That is your fundamental reason for the LOSS at home tonight.
every loss this season.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

AirWarren

• Football impotence of the Midwest
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2019, 10:37:44 am »

Always been a Mike fan. Supported him. He has a good record as a head coach. Was so glad to get him from Mizzou. He cares about the program and the kids. AND the State.

But itís getting harder and harder to stand behind him. We have got to get the ball inside.

AirWarren

• Football impotence of the Midwest
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2019, 10:38:40 am »

every loss this season.

My wife gets mad at me when I talk about the free throws(former basketball player). But there is no other way to describe how bad we are at the line and we leave so many points off the board on free throws.

99toLife

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Crazy Times Make Crazy people Crazier!!!!
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2019, 10:39:19 am »

Bud Walton was a shell of its potential crowd last night. Saturday will be about the same. Apathy has set in but the early start to season made people think maybe we could be good. That's out the window - better start winning some games or that place will be empty, like it was for Vandy couple years ago.

What was attendance I heard it was a pretty big crowd.

Ironhawg

« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2019, 10:40:49 am »

What few times I saw Mike Anderson he just didn't seem concerned which is concerning.  Nolan would have walked off the court if we were playing like that. 

There was an extended shot of him in the second half when Florida was up by 16.  I thought he looked frustrated and bewildered, like he didn't understand why he was seeing his team do what they were doing.

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • The Peopleís Mod
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2019, 10:56:52 am »

There was an extended shot of him in the second half when Florida was up by 16.  I thought he looked frustrated and bewildered, like he didn't understand why he was seeing his team do what they were doing.

Sure would help MY feelings if he'd get pissed off or something.  Damn they were terrible last night and I wanted some emotion of some kind.  Everybody has bad games, but it wouldn't hurt for the coach to get pissed about it.  If I was florida's coach, I'd be embarrassed about almost losing last night. 

stronguard

• And remember, I said with all due respect.....
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2019, 11:23:01 am »

I made my annual trek to BWA last night.  Disappointing.  We've got the Jims and Joes but we lack the X's and O's.  One strech FL ran the same exact pick and roll play 3 consectuive times.  Our offense consists of running a weave and hoping one of the 2 baseline cutters is open, and if not jacking up a 3.  So disappointing.  Somebody above said BWA was a shell, it was more like a tomb.  Mike needs to go.

Nickle-Pig

« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2019, 12:00:15 pm »

I don't know if its these players are green or if Mike lacks coaches to pick up where he is missing or what.  Does the team have a coach on staff that appears to be a fundamentalist or someone who drives their butts in practice?  When players were sluggish, Nolan used to get out there and run the court with the players in practice barking at them all the way.  I'm not sure we have that right now.

I'm hopeful for this group of Hog talent, but honestly I'm not seeing the defense.  Everything stems from intense defense.  It's like one sports writer once said years ago its like "10 minutes of Hell and 30 minutes of What the Hell." 

I think we are better than an 8-5 Florida team, especially at home, but man...we sure didn't show it.  Outside of Jones probably one of the worst offensive nights I have ever seen from any Arkansas basketball team.  No bench whatsoever.  I hope they could have done something this season if this is Gafford's last year but I think after last night's performance this team will be very lucky to make the NIT.  I know Mike has a plan and his teams always get better as the season progresses, but it sucks losing at home to a team you should beat outright.  Congrats to Florida.  You guys caught us on a very, very bad night.

I agree with everything you say except the NIT. I think we will see them grow that much this season. It was one of the hardest games to watch I can recall. I was very surprised that they got back in the game at the end. If we could have shot free throws it would have been a win. We had 22 at halftime? I think it was pointed out Gafford took 2 shots the first half. ??? Bad night indeed.

riccoar

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Serving Hogville since 11-08-03
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2019, 12:13:19 pm »

Still shocking that this team had a chance to win the game. Beat LSWHO

Not really.  We had more rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks than Florida did.  We were neck and neck with them at FG% and 3PT% (Both teams shot horrible in these two categories).

Where we lost was having 4 more turnovers than Florida and missing 7 more free throws than they did.

SemperFi

• All-American Hogvillian
  • The new era of Hog dominance kicks off in 2019
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2019, 12:36:23 pm »

Just sick and tired of all the losses and excuses of why/how we lost? The young team label has been applied year after year after year. 8 seasons in and weíre still a team running around in diapers. Itís time to make a change, otherwise next year will be exactly the same. No Gafford just means more excuses for the 2019/20 season.

Mjs84

« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2019, 12:39:07 pm »

Sure would help MY feelings if he'd get pissed off or something.  Damn they were terrible last night and I wanted some emotion of some kind.  Everybody has bad games, but it wouldn't hurt for the coach to get pissed about it.  If I was florida's coach, I'd be embarrassed about almost losing last night.

This is my biggest bone to pick.  Get in a kids face and yell at him.  Put some fire on his arse.  Throw a chair.  Toss your jacket in the stands.  Kick the basketball into the rafters.  Goodness gracious, how much xanax are they giving this man.  It's disrupting his ability to coach.

Mr. Porkleone

« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2019, 12:39:11 pm »

What was attendance I heard it was a pretty big crowd.

I sat in lower bowl and pretty full. Some people up top but Iíd say 10-12k

wildturkey8

« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2019, 12:55:25 pm »

if I am very wrong then you have the burden of proving it and explain how I am an apologist since an apologist is someone who tries to defend, support, or advocate for someone and nowhere did I say I support this coach.
You are clever but not clever enough.  You made the initial assertion that no coach who wanted to win would come here. You have the burden.  We are waiting on you to present your case. 

ShadowHawg

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2019, 01:01:41 pm »

This is my biggest bone to pick.  Get in a kids face and yell at him.  Put some fire on his arse.  Throw a chair.  Toss your jacket in the stands.  Kick the basketball into the rafters.  Goodness gracious, how much xanax are they giving this man.  It's disrupting his ability to coach.

I agree. Dabo is an idiot for not taking your advice.

There are so many great coaches who never coached in that style.

hobhog

« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2019, 02:19:30 pm »

I sat in lower bowl and pretty full. Some people up top but Iíd say 10-12k

9,950 announced.

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • The Peopleís Mod
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2019, 03:22:24 pm »

But Anderson HAS done it in the past, I mean not like "walk off the floor mad" but I've seen him get in the referee's ass.  Just didn't seem to have it last night. 

010HogFan

• I Got Dat Wood Coach
« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2019, 03:46:22 pm »

Dabo went 15-0 this year and didn't have to give extra motivation to his team for them to run his system effectively.

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • The Peopleís Mod
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2019, 03:51:18 pm »

Dabo went 15-0 this year and didn't have to give extra motivation to his team for them to run his system effectively.

Not to mention Venables is over there doing all the screaming for him.  They seem to have a good cop bad cop thing going.  We have a good cop and several mimes. 

BassinHawg

« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2019, 04:58:34 pm »

Dabo tells the officials to "Do your job", Mike asks "Are you sure"

razorback1829

• Hogvillian
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2019, 12:38:24 am »

This whole thread is dumb. As somebody who is at every home game, they are the same as they have been the last 5-6 years. Apathy is really on HV. Itís really humorous. We go through this every year at some point, for one different reason or another. This team will go on a run. And when it clicks, it will be the best MA has had.

One Sweet 16 shuts the whole lot of you up. Keep watching.

Mjs84

« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2019, 01:47:24 am »

This whole thread is dumb. As somebody who is at every home game, they are the same as they have been the last 5-6 years. Apathy is really on HV. Itís really humorous. We go through this every year at some point, for one different reason or another. This team will go on a run. And when it clicks, it will be the best MA has had.

One Sweet 16 shuts the whole lot of you up. Keep watching.

If Mike lands a sweet 16, the university will cement his legacy and we will look fondly on the memory of what was our highest accomplishment.  He will coach the "mediocre 40" into his golden years until his timely passing as his assistants find their new roles, hoisting Mikes dead body around, donning some snazzy "Ray-Bans ala "weekend at Bernies".  Even the grave will not seperate Hog Nation from Mike Anderson.

Nolans championship, and Mikes sweet 16...I'm in Hog Heaven.

Mjs84

« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2019, 01:55:24 am »

Lmao, excuse me...when Mike starts a season 15-0, then he can sit the whole game on his fist and cross his legs while leaning back on his thumb.  If he's unwilling to chew on some arse, he needs to pair himself with somebody who will.  I'm assuming your old enough to remember Nolans personality.  Mike might be the kind of guy YOU want to hang out with, but YOU aren't going to be suiting up for the Hogs in this lifetime either.

Mjs84

« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2019, 02:04:00 am »

Not to mention Venables is over there doing all the screaming for him.  They seem to have a good cop bad cop thing going.  We have a good cop and several mimes.

That last sentence cracked me up.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas