• 10,333,316 Posts
• 409,063 Topics
• 23,365 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who told Dabo how to score on Saban?  (Read 4204 times)

dsf

Re: Who told Dabo how to score on Saban?
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2019, 04:17:33 pm »

It probably was Morris.  We scored 31 points on Alabama, the most they gave up their entire SEC campaign.
Pretty close to 38...fumbled and lost it on the
Alabama one.

Paul

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2019, 05:49:16 pm »

This ^^^^.  He can stay at Clemson and not have the pressure that's brought on by the Alabama job, not be in the tough SEC West, and yet recruit in the top 5 every year while being  in the ACC, win win.
heís making what? 2.5 mil, the same as Arandaís making as LSUís DC. He could have gone anywhere after he won the NC 2 yrs ago. Danny Ford didnít go back to Bama after he won the NC at Clemson

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Pigsknuckles

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • When you least expect it...
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2019, 05:55:30 pm »

Dabbos next stop is the NFL ..

Nah...lateral move. ;)

AugustaHog

« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2019, 06:01:12 pm »

Dabo has made it a point before that money is not an issue for him.  He has taken money from his own salary to help reward his assistants.  If he continues this run, he'd be a fool to leave.  He's already their Bear Bryant.  If he goes to Bama, at best he's the third man on the totem pole of coaches.  At worst, they run him out of town for winning 9 games for a couple seasons.

rhames

« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2019, 06:01:45 pm »

I didn't see Clemson run tight end screen after tight end screen. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

rhames

« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2019, 06:02:24 pm »

lol.

He basically said it was morris.

You basically don't know what "basically" means.

RyanMallettsEgo

• Let me buy you lunch
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2019, 06:04:47 pm »

lol.

He basically said it was morris.

So, in one thread, Morris is responsible for last night's offense, despite being what, 5 years removed from the program?

Now, he gave Dabo the tips 'n trix to beat Saban last night.

I love Morris. But holy darn our fanbase is a special breed.

The NewEra

« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2019, 06:05:01 pm »

I don't care if Santa Clause provided the insight to beating bama; I just enjoyed the thorough butt whooping that the Tide suffered. Years of stockpiling 5 star after 5 star after 5 star, poaching top players from other states and all the favoritism that has been shown to Saban and Alabama over the years just came crashing down as he was out coached, out played and manhandled all night. Let the rednecks grab their torches and pitchforks and burn it ALL down. I'm sick and tired of all things bama.
I sure do like the way ^^^^^^You think!

MemphisBossHog

« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2019, 06:41:31 pm »

He would be crazy to leave Clemson for Alabama.

Yep, he would be the one that the Bama GOBN would go after since he is an alum, but can you imagine being the guy who follows Nicky Nick Saban?   If you dont win 12 games year and go to the SEC Championship EVERY year and get the playoff, everyone will be saying that you failed and you are no Nick Saban.   

Dabo should want to be the guy who follows the guy who follows Saban.   Anybody remember Ray Perkins?  He followed Bear Bryant left for the NFL after 4 years. Just too much pressure.   That is a heckuva coach to follow as will Saban be as well.

MemphisBossHog

« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2019, 06:54:19 pm »

It probably was Morris.  We scored 31 points on Alabama, the most they gave up their entire SEC campaign.
Hey, I want to have something to be excited about concerning Hog football as much as the next guy but I got to believe that the last couple of scores ARK made against Bama, while the Tide was on their way to scoring 62 pts of their own, were against a defense that was not near as focused as the Bama D was last night.  I bet there were some players who dont normally play a lot in for Bama when ARK was scoring its last couple of scores. Still a bunch of 4 and 5 stars to be sure but not the same as what CLEM faced last night.

There simply is not much similarity between the Hog offense with Storey at the helm and last night's Clemson offense with 5 star once in a generation college QB Trevor Lawrence at the controls.   Did you see the speed that CLEM has?  That freshman receiver is simply amazing.     I want to be positive about the Hogs and CCM, but I just didnt see anything last night that reminded me of Ark's offense unfortunately.

HogFoo

« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2019, 07:14:58 pm »

No, he said they're doing some things other teams did that we didn't practice against. Now, could that be Morris? Sure. It could also be that someone at Clemson has ESPN and watched their games.
He said they were doing things other teams did against them and it worked, then said he'd make adjustments and stop that tho.

Its pretty obvious it was Morris. Morris or Dabo had posted a pict about a week or two ago daying "always good to see friends".  Ya cant tell me Morris didnt give a few ideas to Dabo or that Dabo didn't ask a few things from hi former OC.  Which, who cares if he did?  We could have scored more than we did, possibly even 2 more TDs.   We were also able to stuff Bama on short yardage.  It woulsnt surprise me if we shared ideas on how to stop bama on goaline or 3rd short. 

Again who cares.  Now Saban might remember when we play them next season.  And if he gets the chance he might try to run up the score. I think we'll be able to score more with a better offense and defense will be better as well. 

UnknownNobody

« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2019, 02:49:50 am »

He said they were doing things other teams did against them and it worked, then said he'd make adjustments and stop that tho.

Its pretty obvious it was Morris. Morris or Dabo had posted a pict about a week or two ago daying "always good to see friends".  Ya cant tell me Morris didnt give a few ideas to Dabo or that Dabo didn't ask a few things from hi former OC.  Which, who cares if he did?  We could have scored more than we did, possibly even 2 more TDs.   We were also able to stuff Bama on short yardage.  It woulsnt surprise me if we shared ideas on how to stop bama on goaline or 3rd short. 

Again who cares.  Now Saban might remember when we play them next season.  And if he gets the chance he might try to run up the score. I think we'll be able to score more with a better offense and defense will be better as well.

That can't be true, according to Hogville Morris is in over his head and can't coach a lick. You do know Clemson scrapped the
High School offense Morris ran and runs something else...right?

This whole deal with recruiting? Everyone wants you to beleieve that it's just great but it's not as good as Bama or even Auburn so we won't ever be able to win.

Let's move to the Big12

/sarcasm

Pulled(PP)pork

« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2019, 03:56:47 am »

Saban, in his half-time inter view, stated that Clemson was using some information on offense garnered from opponents Bama had played this season. 

Who would Dabo be talking to who had played Bama?  Could it be the team coach that scored more on Bama than anybody else?  Could it be one of Dabo's best friends?  Could it be the architect of Clemson's offense that caused them to rise out of the ashes to the top of the world of college football?

It takes a premium quarterback like Lawrence, among many other things.  Is that quarterback in the process-Noland?  Jones? Jefferson? Morris? Others? 

Morris has the blueprint.  He must climb to the top of the SEC west.  Part of that plan surely is to help an old friend take down Saban.  Morris may be aiming higher that most of us imagined.
it's quite possible he talked to OU

(notOM)Rebel123

« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2019, 06:46:04 am »

it's quite possible he talked to OU

They have TV & DVRís at Clemson too. ;)

King Kong

« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2019, 06:55:12 am »

Just as an FYI. If Saban believes Morris provided some tips to Dabo that help lead to this beat down, Bama will destroy us next year

(notOM)Rebel123

« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2019, 07:10:00 am »

Just as an FYI. If Saban believes Morris provided some tips to Dabo that help lead to this beat down, Bama will destroy us next year

Surely people arenít shocked that Bamaís opponents may talk to each other? Especially Nick. Pretty weak excuse by Saban.

gmarv

« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2019, 07:56:16 am »

I don't care if Santa Clause provided the insight to beating bama; I just enjoyed the thorough butt whooping that the Tide suffered. Years of stockpiling 5 star after 5 star after 5 star, poaching top players from other states and all the favoritism that has been shown to Saban and Alabama over the years just came crashing down as he was out coached, out played and manhandled all night. Let the rednecks grab their torches and pitchforks and burn it ALL down. I'm sick and tired of all things bama.
Amen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HotlantaHog

« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2019, 11:04:00 am »

Re Dabo going back to Alabama:

1. He got a head coaching job after being promoted from wide receiver coach, basically something that never happens anywhere.
2. He's been at Clemson 10 years as head coach and 16 years overall -- Clemson is home. He spent four years in college at Tuscaloosa.
3. The ACC is considerably easier to win at than the SEC West.
4. His assistant coaches have been together for years and they feel loyalty to each other.
5. Dabo's kid is a player on the team.
6. Following a legend as coach which Saban is, is a great way to get fired.
7. There will be statues of Dabo at Clemson before it's all over.

Hoggish1

« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2019, 11:56:36 am »

It would be unthinkable that one of the SEC coaches gave information to the enemy to try and take down the mighty Nicky

hogginbama

« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2019, 12:16:53 pm »

So, in one thread, Morris is responsible for last night's offense, despite being what, 5 years removed from the program?

Now, he gave Dabo the tips 'n trix to beat Saban last night.

I love Morris. But holy darn our fanbase is a special breed.

Holy smokes, since ole CMM gave Dabo the low-down on how to beat Saban and the Tide, that means we will be playing for all the marbles next year!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas