• 10,303,860 Posts
• 408,319 Topics
• 23,337 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: If You Canít See . . .  (Read 2505 times)

TeufelHog

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Never Forget, Never Yield!
If You Canít See . . .
« on: January 07, 2019, 09:53:14 pm »

. . . the difference in athlete size/ability on the field tonight compared to our roster, you are blind.  Bama and Clemson are just stacked with grown men.

(notOM)Rebel123

Re: If You Canít See . . .
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 09:54:22 pm »

Wow! You just now figured that out?

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Woo Pig Sooie, brotha!
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 09:58:08 pm »

I wonder if thatís why they have 12 more wins than us?

Arazorbackguy1

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 10:14:24 pm »

When you play 12 men every down...

hawgfan4life

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 10:28:36 pm »

I'm just not seeing it with Alabama... They look erily similar to Arkansas to me.  QB turning the ball over, QB getting sacked and hurried, WR dropping balls and wearing DBs like they are part of their uniform.  The opponent running and passing at will, getting blown out before the 4th quarter even starts.  Kicking game is horrible.  Stupid penalties.  If they had a hog instead of an A, it would be Arkansas minus we would be a lot smaller, slower, and less athletic.

HogPharmer

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 10:51:15 pm »

I wonder if thatís why they have 12 more wins than us?

Make it 13...

Rzback

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2019, 04:38:45 am »

I actually noticed during the coin toss how much bigger Bama was than Clemson

EasyRider81

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2019, 05:00:57 am »

. . . the difference in athlete size/ability on the field tonight compared to our roster, you are blind.  Bama and Clemson are just stacked with grown men.

These teams look more like Colorado St and North Texas than Arkansas

Hoggish1

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2019, 07:53:12 am »

What I saw was one team with an NFL ready QB as a true freshman and the other one get rolled because of it.  Then I saw that they game is being ruined by two teams having all the marbles to play with.

It was good to see Bama lose but the game is not going in a good direction folks.

Superhog1959

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2019, 08:29:02 am »

Its kind of hard not to see that. Both teams definitely have more grown men than we do. It was truly enjoyable watching Saban get his medicine fed to him. He is a competitor I will give him that. I look forward to the day when we have 3 to 4 really good recruiting classes, and we field a team with that much talent and depth. I hope that happens sooner rather than later. 

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2019, 09:22:35 am »

Im glad we have some stud receivers coming in.

code red

• You can't handle the truth!!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2019, 09:24:10 am »

OK.  Ground breaking info.

AirWarren

• Football impotence of the Midwest
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2019, 09:50:56 am »

Clemson is an SEC program in the ACC.

Honestly behoove us to go to the big 12 and let Clemson have our spot. They will fit right in at the table.

liljo

• Hogvillian
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2019, 10:46:29 am »

I actually noticed during the coin toss how much bigger Bama was than Clemson
Bama wore their helmets to the coin toss. Clemson didn't. Plus, each team was represented by players from different positions. Couldn't judge from the four players from each side at the coin toss which team was "bigger."

My wife commented about the coin toss, "Clemson looks relaxed and loose. Alabama looks uptight, all of them trying to intimidate the Clemson players by wearing their helmets to the coin toss. I hope Clemson whips their A$$."

Yep, my wife is very insightful about such things.

liljo

• Hogvillian
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2019, 10:49:46 am »

Honestly behoove us to go to the big 12 and let Clemson have our spot. They will fit right in at the table.
I know you and me will probably get hammered for the very notion, but sometimes I think the only way Arkansas will ever have a chance to win a lot of games is to GET OUT OF THE SEC. I know it won't happen, and I couldn't begin to explain or even understand the financial implications of a move like that, but it's hard to imagine us ever being consistently better or on par with several other SEC programs.
Faith, hope, and love: I Hope we make it. I Love the Hogs. It's my Faith that is weak.

Grizzlyfan

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2019, 11:17:00 am »

Arkansas and Missouri to the Big 12 to help rebuild that conference.  Clemson and Central Florida to the SEC.

liljo

• Hogvillian
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2019, 11:20:53 am »

Arkansas and Missouri to the Big 12 to help rebuild that conference.  Clemson and Central Florida to the SEC.

I'd raise a glass to that.

AirWarren

• Football impotence of the Midwest
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2019, 12:16:19 pm »

I know you and me will probably get hammered for the very notion, but sometimes I think the only way Arkansas will ever have a chance to win a lot of games is to GET OUT OF THE SEC. I know it won't happen, and I couldn't begin to explain or even understand the financial implications of a move like that, but it's hard to imagine us ever being consistently better or on par with several other SEC programs.
Faith, hope, and love: I Hope we make it. I Love the Hogs. It's my Faith that is weak.

Agreed.

ivanhog

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2019, 12:28:55 pm »

OU and Texas strangle the life out of the big 12.  If going to the big 12 just to win more games make sense, may as well get in the Sunbelt conference and win even more, and be even more irrelevant.

Pa-Paw

• Varsity
  • Hogville.net Rocks!
    • Picturetrail
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2019, 12:48:23 pm »

Well, if you discount the money I think Arkansas might well continue to be a skinny dog in the SEC due to a number of reasons that will not be easy to overcome.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2019, 12:57:22 pm »

Hereís a great idea..........anyone that wants Arkansas to go elsewhere should simply go elsewhere themselves if they think itís so great there.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 10:34:10 am by Inhogswetrust »

liljo

• Hogvillian
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2019, 12:59:45 pm »

Hereís a great idea..........anyone that wants Arkansas to go elsewhere should simply go elsewhere themselves.

Allow me to retort:
First of all, I never said I WANTED us to go anywhere else. I said I often think it's the only way our program ever gets to a point where it wins a lot of games yearly on a consistent basis.
Second of all, I ain't goin' nowhere else. Arkansas is my home, and I'll be here when the Trumpet blows. How 'bout that.

Somebody wants me to move--come move me.

Superhog1959

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2019, 02:31:33 pm »

Allow me to retort:
First of all, I never said I WANTED us to go anywhere else. I said I often think it's the only way our program ever gets to a point where it wins a lot of games yearly on a consistent basis.
Second of all, I ain't goin' nowhere else. Arkansas is my home, and I'll be here when the Trumpet blows. How 'bout that.

We never leave the SEC     Money>Ws  At least to the ones making the calls.

liljo

• Hogvillian
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2019, 02:32:46 pm »

We never leave the SEC     Money>Ws  At least to the ones making the calls.
In complete agreement.

Hoginsavga

• Senior
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2019, 02:33:29 pm »

You do realize the Big 12 was 3-1 against the SEC in bowl games, donít you?  The SEC was 6-6 in bowl games this year while the Big 12 was 4-3. Last year the SEC was 4-5 while the Big 12 was 5-3 in bowl games. The Big 12 is not the weak sister everyone makes them out to be. Itís very likely we would have been winless in the Big 12 this year. Baylor beat Vandy, Ok State beat Missouri and Texas beat UGA. AL over OK is the only bragging rights for the SEC.

We split our last series with TCU and Texas Tech and those two teams were middle of the pack in the Big 12 when we beat them. I donít understand why so many people discount the Big 12 when discussing which conference AR belongs. Please tell which teams in the Big 12 we would have beat this year.

liljo

• Hogvillian
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2019, 02:40:01 pm »

You do realize the Big 12 was 3-1 against the SEC in bowl games, donít you?  The SEC was 6-6 in bowl games this year while the Big 12 was 4-3. Last year the SEC was 4-5 while the Big 12 was 5-3 in bowl games. The Big 12 is not the weak sister everyone makes them out to be. Itís very likely we would have been winless in the Big 12 this year. Baylor beat Vandy, Ok State beat Missouri and Texas beat UGA. AL over OK is the only bragging rights for the SEC.

We split our last series with TCU and Texas Tech and those two teams were middle of the pack in the Big 12 when we beat them. I donít understand why so many people discount the Big 12 when discussing which conference AR belongs. Please tell which teams in the Big 12 we would have beat this year.
Maybe none. But in many years past, and possibly future years, it just seems we'd have an easier time over there than in the SEC.
Don't matter. We are where we are, and all we can do is all we can do. Over the last 25 years, I feel pretty certain Arkansas would have fared better, record-wise, in the Big 12 than they have in the SEC.

Then again, maybe not. One thing is certain: We'll never know.

The SEC had 12 post season games? The Big 12 had 7 post season games? Hum...interesting.

WMHawgfan

• Hawg Football: Making Corndogs go WTH!
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2019, 02:40:20 pm »

The problem I saw last night was we are a long ways away from competing with Bama. I would be willing to bet that after Saban retires in a few years, that they go after Dabo since he is a former player and Bama grad.

Hoginsavga

• Senior
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2019, 03:16:37 pm »

Maybe none. But in many years past, and possibly future years, it just seems we'd have an easier time over there than in the SEC.
Don't matter. We are where we are, and all we can do is all we can do. Over the last 25 years, I feel pretty certain Arkansas would have fared better, record-wise, in the Big 12 than they have in the SEC.

Then again, maybe not. One thing is certain: We'll never know.

The SEC had 12 post season games? The Big 12 had 7 post season games? Hum...interesting.

Yes, the SEC had 11 out of 14 make the bowls while the Big 12 had 7 of 10. Keep in mind the Big 12 plays a round robin conference schedule (9 conference games) while the SEC teams play 8 conference games. This will have a tendency to lessen the chances of more teams in the Big 12 not making the bowls as they donít have the window of scheduling as many cupcakes. Also the NC game counted as a bowl game for the SEC bringing the total to 12   

I am not a fan of the Big 12 but at the same time I will not disparage that conference as being weak like many on HV have a tendency to do. Until we get our program back to where it should be we would have a very difficult time against OK, Texas, TCU, WVA, Baylor, OK State and Iowa State. Even Kansas State and Texas Tech would have probably beat us the past two seasons. Our only hope would have been Kansas. That is a sad thought.

Superhog1959

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2019, 03:24:27 pm »

Yes, the SEC had 11 out of 14 make the bowls while the Big 12 had 7 of 10. Keep in mind the Big 12 plays a round robin conference schedule (9 conference games) while the SEC teams play 8 conference games. This will have a tendency to lessen the chances of more teams in the Big 12 not making the bowls as they donít have the window of scheduling as many cupcakes. Also the NC game counted as a bowl game for the SEC bringing the total to 12   

I am not a fan of the Big 12 but at the same time I will not disparage that conference as being weak like many on HV have a tendency to do. Until we get our program back to where it should be we would have a very difficult time against OK, Texas, TCU, WVA, Baylor, OK State and Iowa State. Even Kansas State and Texas Tech would have probably beat us the past two seasons. Our only hope would have been Kansas. That is a sad thought.
That is the bad thing about hiring a new coach. If you make a bad hire, it can kill a program for years. 2 bad hires and its a decade or more. Bobby was not a bad hire in football, but he was a bad hire in character. JLS was a joke. BB hurt and will for awhile. Coach Morris TBD.
At this point, it don't matter what conference we are in, until we get competitive again. SEC pays the bills, so be happy.

LRHawg

• This too shall pass
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2019, 04:02:52 pm »

texas tush hog

« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2019, 04:05:49 pm »

Hereís a great idea..........anyone that wants Arkansas to go elsewhere should simply go elsewhere themselves.

Here, here, dilly, dilly.

(notOM)Rebel123

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2019, 07:19:12 pm »

Geez. Leave it to you to bring this type of comment into another thread. So they naturally get our spot over Mizzou or aTm, former Big 12 members?
smdh

OneTuskOverTheLineô

• Gold Hogvillian
  • One tusk over the line sweet Jesus...
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2019, 08:58:28 am »

Here, here, dilly, dilly.

Asking for a friend... Is it wrong (of my friend) to be so in agreement with this ^ point of view that he would gladly take a baseball bat to the toes of the low rent riding, scum sucking, dog breathed, burd turgling, lice(pube and crown)infested, Wolf yelp-Hog Calling pusillanimous jaggaloon's who have quoted and argued FOR turn tailing baby-backed-bitching our way to the Big 12.!? Seriously, my friend is wanting to get medieval with those panzy piggies...    ;)

OneTuskOverTheLineô

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2019, 09:01:56 am »

Honestly...

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
  • RIP LILY, WE MISS YOU DEARLY
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2019, 09:03:06 am »

Why do some on here want to go to a conference where we would have to take orders from Texas again.

I think some just want to play Texas every year again

OneTuskOverTheLineô

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2019, 09:12:54 am »

Why do some on here want to go to a conference where we would have to take orders from Texas again.

I think some just want to play Texas every year again

That would be Semi-noble, but whining about it(Remaining in the SEC)being too difficult and saying we'll never get there, compete, do well etc... is Beauchit.!!!!

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2019, 10:30:44 am »

Allow me to retort:

Constant whining and complaining like some on here have done is not going to change things. Itís irrational  to constantly complain and whine and moan and then profess loyalty or love. I assure you others donít want to hear it and if you asked the one you are complaining about they wouldnít want to here it either. Did you ever stop to think how many players might be here because we are in the SEC. there is absolutely no way to know we would do better in any other P5 league because we might not have the same players. Iíve read a lot of players when being recruited and then signed mentioned the desire to play in the SEC. Letís  support them where they are and want to be and not complain because youíd like them somewhere else. IF they wanted to play in another league they wouldnít be here. If someone thinks itís so great somewhere else then find a team there and root for them and youíll be all happy inside.

liljo

• Hogvillian
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2019, 10:37:04 am »

Constant whining and complaining is not going to change things. Itís irrational  to constantly complain and whine and moan and then profess loyalty or love. I assure you others donít want to hear it and if you asked the one you are complaining about they wouldnít want to here it either. Did you ever stop to think how many players might be here because we are in the SEC. there is absolutely no way to know we would do better in any other P5 league because we might not have the same players. Iíve read a lot of players when being recruited and then signed mentioned the desire to play in the SEC. Letís  support them where they are and want to be and not complain because youíd like them somewhere else. IF they wanted to play in another league they wouldnít be here.
Go and find where I've been a "constant complainer" or "whiner."

Fair to certain I'm about as positive a fan as there is on this site.

Yes, I've absolutely thought about the players that come here because we are in the SEC. And nobody is gonna cheer more or louder for the Hogs than I am.

AMF

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2019, 10:38:42 am »

And maybe thatís why heís been so successful..........

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2019, 10:40:39 am »

Go and find where I've been a "constant complainer" or "whiner."

Fair to certain I'm about as positive a fan as there is on this site.

Yes, I've absolutely thought about the players that come here because we are in the SEC. And nobody is gonna cheer more or louder for the Hogs than I am.

AMF

Good for you but you have some compatriots that do just that. Even so nobody wants to hear it but them anyway.

liljo

• Hogvillian
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2019, 10:57:57 am »

Good for you but you have some compatriots that do just that. Even so nobody wants to hear it but them anyway.
Gotcha...I think!

Anyway, man, I am All Hogs, through and through. And I DO believe Coach Morris is gonna get us on quite a run before his day is done.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas