• 10,306,406 Posts
• 408,350 Topics
• 23,331 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: KeVaughan Allen, over or under?  (Read 2001 times)

HawgTrough

KeVaughan Allen, over or under?
« on: January 07, 2019, 11:54:41 am »

In his 6 career games versus the hogs, he averages 15.5 ppg. A total which he has only eclipsed once this year. The gators come to BWA Wednesday night. My question is.....over/under 15.5?

FineAsSwine

Re: KeVaughan Allen, over or under?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 12:02:10 pm »

He goes for 21 on 8 for 22 from the field and the Gaytors lose by 10-12 points.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

hawginbigd1

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 12:20:26 pm »

In his 6 career games versus the hogs, he averages 15.5 ppg. A total which he has only eclipsed once this year. The gators come to BWA Wednesday night. My question is.....over/under 15.5?
I figured his ppg was higher than that against us, seems he always has a breakout against us. I will go over.

razorback1829

• Hogvillian
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 12:30:39 pm »

I figured his ppg was higher than that against us, seems he always has a breakout against us. I will go over.

Thatís where perception meets reality my friend.

Hawg Red

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 12:31:03 pm »

I will go over just because it seems like he always has his best scoring games against us. He can have 50 if we win by 1.

HawgTrough

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 12:44:46 pm »

there's a 21 and a 28 point showing... 10, 11, 11, 12 in the other 4.

Drop the Mike

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2019, 12:48:27 pm »

Heís got to be a 7th year senior by now

BannerMountainMan

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2019, 12:51:12 pm »

Anton Beard stopped him and played way better than him in the SEC tourney last year, it was great.

Hawg Red

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2019, 12:55:26 pm »

there's a 21 and a 28 point showing... 10, 11, 11, 12 in the other 4.

Vividness bias getting to some of us.

Little Lady Back

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2019, 12:55:39 pm »

At least...

raz1965

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2019, 12:56:43 pm »

Over, can't let the other gators get hot with him.

Razorod

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2019, 01:10:01 pm »

Under. 2-12, from the field, 2-3 from the line.

Fan701

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2019, 01:36:12 pm »

Would K. Allen have been a starter at any point in his career had he come to Arkansas?  Maybe last year ahead of Beard?  But behind Durham, Bell, Hannahs in 2015-16; Barford, Hannahs, Macon in 2016-17; perhaps also behind Jones, Joe and Harris this year?

LRHawg

• All-American Hogvillian
  • This too shall pass
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2019, 01:36:48 pm »

Over, if we play him like last year's games. His big games against us seem to skip games, so looks like he's due. I think we can neutralize him forcing him to come inside but not fouling.

RazorPiggie

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2019, 01:53:21 pm »

Would K. Allen have been a starter at any point in his career had he come to Arkansas?  Maybe last year ahead of Beard?  But behind Durham, Bell, Hannahs in 2015-16; Barford, Hannahs, Macon in 2016-17; perhaps also behind Jones, Joe and Harris this year?

lol at Durham and Bell.

Letsroll1200

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2019, 02:35:44 pm »

Over. The kid can't miss against the Razorbacks.

hawg66

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2019, 02:38:11 pm »

lol at Durham and Bell.
Didnít Vaughan make some all-conference teams that year? 

He seems to have regressed instead of improving.

lynbug

• Senior
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2019, 02:47:44 pm »

Didnít Vaughan make some all-conference teams that year? 

He seems to have regressed instead of improving.
Others seem to agree. https://www.rotowire.com/cbasketball/player.php?id=5718&refer=SportsRef  It seems that at one point there was talk of him being one and done or, at least, two and done.

Fan701

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2019, 02:47:53 pm »

lol at Durham and Bell.

Well, Bell averaged 15.7 points per game in 2015-16, better than Allen has ever done.  Bell hit 44.1% of his threes that year, substantially better than Allen has ever done.  37% was Allen's best his sophomore year.  Durham was a distributor not a scorer.  He averaged 6.4 assists per game in 2015-16.  Allen has never averaged more than 2.4 for a full season.  Besides, Allen would have been a freshman that year. Durham and Bell were seniors.  So laugh all you want, if you think Allen would have started over Bell or Durham in 2015-16. Maybe a few will laugh with you.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 03:11:39 pm by Fan701 »

Pumbaa

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2019, 03:11:33 pm »

The only year he might not have started was 16-17. Probably ahead of Bell 15-16. As a Sr, you know he would be starting this year. Still wish he would have called the hogs.

Iíll go ahead and take the under this week though.

Fan701

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2019, 03:16:24 pm »

The only year he might not have started was 16-17. Probably ahead of Bell 15-16. As a Sr, you know he would be starting this year. Still wish he would have called the hogs.

Iíll go ahead and take the under this week though.
So, in 2015-16 you would have started the freshman Allen who averaged 11.6 points per game and hit 31.5% of his threes over the senior Bell who averaged 15.7 points per game and hit 44.1% of his threes?  Seriously?

LAHogfan123

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2019, 03:21:49 pm »

This ^^^^^^.   

NoogaHog

• Senior
  • WPS from Southern Appalachia
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2019, 04:20:48 pm »

Remember when Dusty and Allen got tangled up and Dusty laid on top of him and talked smack in his ear? That seems like 10 years ago. We were kids then, I think.

010HogFan

• I Got Dat Wood Coach
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2019, 04:43:24 pm »

Over

WBOBO

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2019, 11:32:34 pm »

Under.  Somewhere around 10, a couple of rebounds and probably 4 TO's.

pigzwillrise

• WOOOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2019, 11:34:17 pm »

He can score 40 for all I care. Just win the game.

Foshodo

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2019, 11:56:42 pm »

Over... but i hope we win.

GCOOZ

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2019, 12:40:16 am »

UNDER.  KA's past numbers against Arkansas should be thrown out of the consideration.  This year's Hog team has 9 players on it that KA has never faced.  I'm hoping some of the new in state players take offense that he didn't come to Arkansas and maybe give him a cheap shot or two, or otherwise make it difficult on him, but like everyone else, I could care less what he gets as long as it's a Hog W.

Pumbaa

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2019, 02:34:03 am »

So, in 2015-16 you would have started the freshman Allen who averaged 11.6 points per game and hit 31.5% of his threes over the senior Bell who averaged 15.7 points per game and hit 44.1% of his threes?  Seriously?

Yep. That year we were not very good. Bell was very very streaky before his senior year. He started out of necessity to begin the year. He couldnít guard and didnít have much of a game going to the hoop. KA very likely would have gotten the nod. Bell off the bench. We would have been a better team with him, no question about it. Heck, I know Durham was labeled the PG but they may have went Hannahs, Bell, KA to start and brought Durham off the bench. Kinda what had to happen with Hannahs, Macon, Barford (no true PG). I just really donít think you could have kept him out of the starting lineup.

Fan701

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2019, 06:15:20 am »

Yep. That year we were not very good. Bell was very very streaky before his senior year. He started out of necessity to begin the year. He couldnít guard and didnít have much of a game going to the hoop. KA very likely would have gotten the nod. Bell off the bench. We would have been a better team with him, no question about it. Heck, I know Durham was labeled the PG but they may have went Hannahs, Bell, KA to start and brought Durham off the bench. Kinda what had to happen with Hannahs, Macon, Barford (no true PG). I just really donít think you could have kept him out of the starting lineup.
Ok.  I see.  It's your opinion, though I'm surprised since statistically Bell was the far superior player.  Yes, Bell was average on defense, but I'm not aware that Allen is a lock-down defender either.  Bell was far superior offensively and was a senior.  The point I was trying to make about Allen was that he has really never been as good as he was hyped to be.  He did have one monster game against us and another very good one in addition.  His career as a whole, and especially this year, has been very disappointing.  We were lucky to have had some very good guards during that time like Hannahs, Macon, and Barford, one or two of whom we might not have had had we successfully recruited K. Allen.  I expect him to score low double digits tomorrow night at best.

Superhog1959

« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2019, 09:33:52 am »

I remember when he went to Florida it was a big deal. I know he is a good player, but if he was really that good, wouldn't he be in the NBA by now?

pigzwillrise

• WOOOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2019, 09:46:34 am »

I remember when he went to Florida it was a big deal. I know he is a good player, but if he was really that good, wouldn't he be in the NBA by now?
I never thought he would be an NBA guy. He isnít tall enough and the release on his shot is low. Especially for a 6í2 guard. However, he is a very smart player that does not make many mistakes and he can drive or hit an open shot. Also a really good defender and passer. I think he is the kind of player you want On your team. Just because you arenít destined for the NBA does not mean you canít be a very solid/effective college player.  I think we already have Sills, Chaney, Harris- all good college players but likely wonít be able to play in the NBA.

Fan701

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2019, 10:12:27 am »

I never thought he would be an NBA guy. He isnít tall enough and the release on his shot is low. Especially for a 6í2 guard. However, he is a very smart player that does not make many mistakes and he can drive or hit an open shot. Also a really good defender and passer. I think he is the kind of player you want On your team. Just because you arenít destined for the NBA does not mean you canít be a very solid/effective college player.  I think we already have Sills, Chaney, Harris- all good college players but likely wonít be able to play in the NBA.
  I agree that Allen is a solid player, but he is not the player people were expecting him to be.  When you're supposed to maybe be the team's best scorer and average only 10.3 points and make only 32.7% of your threes, your team's offense isn't going to be great.  Remember K. Allen and Jalen Hudson were picked to the pre-season All-SEC team (second team), so expectations for both were very high.  Hudson doesn't even start anymore, and Allen has way underachieved.  I would take our Jones and Joe over their two preseason All-SEC guys.  Still, Florida has a lot of talent and I expect a battle tomorrow night.

Pumbaa

« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2019, 11:41:24 am »

I agree that Allen is a solid player, but he is not the player people were expecting him to be.  When you're supposed to maybe be the team's best scorer and average only 10.3 points and make only 32.7% of your threes, your team's offense isn't going to be great.  Remember K. Allen and Jalen Hudson were picked to the pre-season All-SEC team (second team), so expectations for both were very high.  Hudson doesn't even start anymore, and Allen has way underachieved.  I would take our Jones and Joe over their two preseason All-SEC guys.  Still, Florida has a lot of talent and I expect a battle tomorrow night.

I wouldnít expect that kind of regression from a guard under Mike. I think it would have suited him better had he ended up in a Razorback Jersey.

The Hogfather

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2019, 11:45:19 am »

Many around here would simply because he didn't choose the Hogs and is thought of as a huge fish that got away.  I think we lucked out not getting him.  He shoots way too much for as many as he makes.

Pumbaa

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2019, 11:54:35 am »

Many around here would simply because he didn't choose the Hogs and is thought of as a huge fish that got away.  I think we lucked out not getting him.  He shoots way too much for as many as he makes.

He was referring to my comment and no, thatís not how I usually conduct business. I feel as if he would simply be a better player here. All Bell was able to do was shoot and that was very streaky at times. I will say he was better as a senior. KAís game is much more well rounded. I also stated it may have been for Durham instead but I donít think KA would have been kept out of the starting lineup that year. 15-16 was the worst year weíve had under Mike due to unforeseen circumstances if you canít remember.

King Kong

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2019, 12:04:10 pm »

8 of 10 with 5-6 3 pointers

3 of which we terrible shots that killed Hogs momentum

The Hogfather

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2019, 12:06:30 pm »

He was referring to my comment and no, thatís not how I usually conduct business. I feel as if he would simply be a better player here. All Bell was able to do was shoot and that was very streaky at times. I will say he was better as a senior. KAís game is much more well rounded. I also stated it may have been for Durham instead but I donít think KA would have been kept out of the starting lineup that year. 15-16 was the worst year weíve had under Mike due to unforeseen circumstances if you canít remember.

You're entitled to your opinion.  I think most around here look (although much less now than after his 1st year) at him as one that got away.  I look at him as one who wouldn't have helped us and may have hurt us if he had the same regression as he's had at Florida.

Pumbaa

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2019, 12:31:25 pm »

You're entitled to your opinion.  I think most around here look (although much less now than after his 1st year) at him as one that got away.  I look at him as one who wouldn't have helped us and may have hurt us if he had the same regression as he's had at Florida.

As you are to yours. I donít see him as the one who got away. Thatís definitely ďhe who shall not be namedĒ. I do think KA would have helped though. I also think he would have had a better career at Arkansas than he has had at Florida. I think he would have fit our system fairly well and would not have regressed the way he has. NoT many under Mike have regressed. Iím shocked that he and Hudson arenít better than they are this year. 15-16 we were lousy and he is more rounded than some of the guys on that team. Jimmy Whitt started 10 games that season and I think KA was the much superior player. Thatís all Iím saying.

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
    • Missing your favorite thread?  It's probably in Vents and Rumors
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2019, 12:33:34 pm »

I've got a new strategy.  I'm going to call him Kevin to get inside his head.

The Hogfather

« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2019, 12:47:46 pm »

Jimmy Whitt started 10 games that season and I think KA was the much superior player.

I don't agree.  I think Jimmy is better and I really wish he would've stayed.  He can't shoot the 3, but he knows it, so he doesn't shoot many at all (less than 1 per game).  On the other hand, Allen can't shoot the 3 well, but he shoots 4-6 of them per game.

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
    • Missing your favorite thread?  It's probably in Vents and Rumors
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2019, 01:36:37 pm »

The scorching hot takes of a Kevaughn Allen vs Jimmy Whitt debate are why I come to Hogville.

The Hogfather

« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2019, 01:41:47 pm »

The scorching hot takes of a Kevaughn Allen vs Jimmy Whitt debate are why I come to Hogville.

I come for the hot takes on the scorching hot takes of a Kevaughn Allen vs Jimmy Whitt debate.

hawg66

« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2019, 02:19:35 pm »

I come for the hot cakes too

Superhog1959

« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2019, 02:39:52 pm »

I come for the hot cakes too
But you cant have your cake and eat it too.

Pumbaa

« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2019, 02:44:23 pm »

Hot cakes and sausage, Iím game. KA started 34 of 36 games for a better team that year. Jimmy was not what we expected his freshman year. We can agree to disagree though.

USChog

« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2019, 02:44:55 pm »

Mike loves playing upperclassmen so he would be a starter this year.

Fan701

« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2019, 02:50:12 pm »

Mike loves playing upperclassmen so he would be a starter this year.
You might be right, but would our starting five be better with him starting ahead of Joe and or Jones?  Maybe it's better we don't have him.  I can imagine the treatment he'd get on JB, were he in our starting five this year.  It might make Beard's treatment last year look gentle.

Fan701

« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2019, 02:53:54 pm »

Hot cakes and sausage, Iím game. KA started 34 of 36 games for a better team that year. Jimmy was not what we expected his freshman year. We can agree to disagree though.
Florida was only marginally better that year.  We ended up tied with them in the standings, but they did beat us twice, once on their home court and once on a neutral court.  Both games were competitive.  At this stage of their careers Whitt is the better player, I think.  In the end, I'm happy with the players we have and don't shed a tear for not having either K. Allen nor J. Whitt.

Pumbaa

« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2019, 03:16:11 pm »

Florida was only marginally better that year.  We ended up tied with them in the standings, but they did beat us twice, once on their home court and once on a neutral court.  Both games were competitive.  At this stage of their careers Whitt is the better player, I think.  In the end, I'm happy with the players we have and don't shed a tear for not having either K. Allen nor J. Whitt.

I havenít shed a single tear about either one their entire career. Iím happy with what we have. Thatís wasnít ever the statement though. I just think he would have many starts under his belt had he came and stayed at Arkansas for 4 years. With that said, I still took the under on the original post.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas