• 10,333,304 Posts
• 409,023 Topics
• 23,362 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hudson Henry gains another All-American selection  (Read 1438 times)

sowmonella

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • You know I'm right.
Re: Hudson Henry gains another All-American selection
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 10:09:30 pm »

Well deserved. Rivals and 24/7 should have given him a 5th Star.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

ifghog

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 10:30:11 pm »

Agreed but they knew he was coming to Arkansas.  They weren't gonna give him a 5th star. No way....now if he had committed to Bama....different story.

imtad16

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 10:31:33 pm »

247 definitely needs to re-evaluate their #1 and #2 rankings. Their #1, Baylor Kupp, caught 20 passes this season (10 passes in 2017). Hudson caught 94 passes as Otis mentions. #1 on ESPN, Austin Stronger, caught 50 passes. Hopefully, Hudson will be the consensus #1 in finals evaluations.

Otis Kirk

• Global Moderator
  • All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 02:23:35 pm »

There isn't a better TE in high school in the nation than Hudson. That kid is a stud on the field. very good student, great character and bloodlines. I mean he is the total package.

liljo

• Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 02:25:09 pm »

Agreed but they knew he was coming to Arkansas.  They weren't gonna give him a 5th star. No way....now if he had committed to Bama....different story.
Guaranteed

OneTuskOverTheLine™

• Gold Hogvillian
  • One tusk over the line sweet Jesus...
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 02:06:09 am »

You know I certainly believe this to be the case, BUT i don't think it's for nefarious reasons. I think that the so called experts give more scrutiny to kids after accepting an offer to one of the perinatal top 10 schools due to wonderment over why in the hell they accepted the commitment with higher rated guys on their lists... Henry should have gotten more attention due to his family legacy anyway. I don't understand what it takes to be a 5*, but I'm sure that he deserves it. Burks too....

Been10Hog

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2019, 07:39:14 am »

We all agree stars don't mean anything. Except to recruiting rankings and to the recruits themselves. So, for the sake of giving Hogs best recruiting class ever and to put another feather in Hudson's cap, he should decommit to us and commit to Bama! He will instantly be upgraded by the unbiased recruiting services to a 5 star recruit. Then on signing day in Feb he signs with us  8)

LRHawg

• This too shall pass
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2019, 08:12:44 am »

I won't argue the 5th star, I understand he's a tight end and there's only so many 5*, but for him not to be consensus #1 TE in the country is just ridiculous, and lowers the credibility of the evaluators.

31to6

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2019, 09:20:52 am »

I won't argue the 5th star, I understand he's a tight end and there's only so many 5*, but for him not to be consensus #1 TE in the country is just ridiculous, and lowers the credibility of the evaluators.
The other kid might be better, who knows. But what we do know is that his older brother, who had about the same HS career, was drafted 35th overall *as a junior*. If you knew that there was a >95% chance that any random HS football player was going in the early 2nd round as a junior you would rate him as a 5*.

Esp at a position where truly elite talents are rare. Guys like the Henrys are fast, big, physical *and* smart with sure hands? Virtually unstoppable in the right offenses.

If Hudson lives to his potential (which is not wishful thinking given his similarities to his brother) he will make a ton of plays for the Hogs and frustrate a lot of DCs while he is here.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2019, 09:26:27 am »

Its a freaking joke honestly... Hudsons ranking and stats he has put up through his high school career smash every other tight end... And for gods sake Burks has a 22 and 16 minute highlight video from his soph and JR season. The kid was on pace to score 50 tds this year after scoring 40+ last year almost a 100tds in 2 seasons..smh... and Hembree was using him on offense minimally this season . If both of  these kids arent 5* then i dont see Arkansas having a 5* from this state anytime in the near future.

LRHawg

• This too shall pass
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2019, 09:29:52 am »

Its a freaking joke honestly... Hudsons ranking and stats he has put up through his high school career smash every other tight end... And for gods sake Burks has a 22 and 16 minute highlight video from his soph and JR season. The kid was on pace to score 50 tds this year after scoring 40+ last year almost a 100tds in 2 seasons..smh... and Hembree was using him on offense minimally this season . If both of  these kids arent 5* then i dont see Arkansas having a 5* from this state anytime in the near future.

This is what I'm saying. I looked at his tape vs Kupp and stats, and it's not even close man. Ridiculous. Gotta sell those subscriptions, though.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2019, 09:39:26 am »

This is what I'm saying. I looked at his tape vs Kupp and stats, and it's not even close man. Ridiculous. Gotta sell those subscriptions, though.
No where close.. a long with Burks and the WR rankings who could easily play 7 different positions at the SEC level... something maybe nobody else in the country could do.

Rock City Razorback

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2019, 10:09:16 am »

This is facts. If he went to Bama, bonafide 5* no questions asked.

TexHog188

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Touchdown Arkansas!
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2019, 12:50:57 pm »

Well we should all be glad that Henry and Burks are gonna be hogs.  Screw the stars in this case, we see the value add and hopefully the rest of the nation will too in the coming seasons.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas