• 10,329,194 Posts
• 408,909 Topics
• 23,358 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How Arkansas' Class could look on Feb. 6  (Read 5385 times)

Otis Kirk

• Global Moderator
  • All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net

Otis Kirk

• Global Moderator
Re: How Arkansas' Class could look on Feb. 6
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 12:31:27 pm »

I didn't put this in story, but I will post it here. I honestly don't think all six of the commitments sign and here's why.
The Hogs are gonna add a QB, probably Jalen Catalon and probably Lakia Henry. They signed 21 early. If you get those 3 I just listed that is 24. Then we know they are gonna sign Hudson and Treylon. So that is 26. They will sign A'Montae Spivey and if by chance he doesn't come then I think they sign a RB. That is 27. They can sign 29 and that would leave three commitments. Adonis Otey, Myles Brooks and Dante Walker for two spots. If they get Catalon I wonder if Brooks is on the outside looking in? I am not saying he is, but he is the one kid I am not as sure about.
Academics can also play into who they actually sign and I will leave it at that.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Hopeful Hog

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 12:41:10 pm »

I didn't put this in story, but I will post it here. I honestly don't think all six of the commitments sign and here's why.
The Hogs are gonna add a QB, probably Jalen Catalon and probably Lakia Henry. They signed 21 early. If you get those 3 I just listed that is 24. Then we know they are gonna sign Hudson and Treylon. So that is 26. They will sign A'Montae Spivey and if by chance he doesn't come then I think they sign a RB. That is 27. They can sign 29 and that would leave three commitments. Adonis Otey, Myles Brooks and Dante Walker for two spots. If they get Catalon I wonder if Brooks is on the outside looking in? I am not saying he is, but he is the one kid I am not as sure about.
Academics can also play into who they actually sign and I will leave it at that.

First of all I'm gonna say what most posters on here have already said, you are the man and I'm very grateful to have you on this site giving out free info and answering questions from knuckleheads like me. Ok now that I said all that, to my question. If we do indeed land Henry (Lber) wouldn't Walker be the one on the outside looking in more so than Brooks. You mentioned grades possibly having to do with it and to my limited understanding that's the reason Walker didn't sign early to begin with. Am I wrong?

Rock City Razorback

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2018, 12:46:25 pm »

First of all I'm gonna say what most posters on here have already said, you are the man and I'm very grateful to have you on this site giving out free info and answering questions from knuckleheads like me. Ok now that I said all that, to my question. If we do indeed land Henry (Lber) wouldn't Walker be the one on the outside looking in more so than Brooks. You mentioned grades possibly having to do with it and to my limited understanding that's the reason Walker didn't sign early to begin with. Am I wrong?

Don't think so. Chad mentioned signing another big time DE on NSD, referring to Walker. Brooks they flipped early in process, he was hurt this pass year and they have been slow playing him, no in homes or visits. Not sure if he's academic casualty possibility or not, and at this point seems like a backup plan just in case they don't get Catalon or Henry, or in case Walker does not make grades and they don't want to risk it. Would really love Chris Russell since so thin at LB, but doesn't look like our chances are that great anymore, even though we were first big to offer. 

liljo

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2018, 12:54:13 pm »

As usual, thanks to Otis!

You definitely are one of the top reasons Hogville is a fun place to visit.

presidenthog

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2018, 12:57:51 pm »

Ive been saying this for a month on myles brooks. It could be grades on him, but i get a sense that he is also being slow played by our staff. He seems to be the back up plan for catalon who ended up committing, and they took it because they did not know how things would play out. Either him or otey are the odd man out imo. I would believe otey is a higher priority because i see malik chavis playing safety over corner.

Dante walker is a guy i constantly forget about, but he is necessary due to the fact that i see collin clay, and taurean carter both playing inside more than out. Gregory is a DT now as well. Leaving us with only 2 true outside guys without Walker. A RB is a must get at this point due to losing malik, and more than likely us losing 2 RBs after this year. I haven't heard anymore names for RB, and i am assuming unless one falls in our laps that spivey is our best get there.

I honestly also feel that unless we get a wimbush/buechele/hurts(pipe dream) at QB that we should try and take lakia henry, and christopher russell if he wants to come. With myles Brooks going elsewhere of course. If that happens then i will feel like they addressed every need on this team. Yes we need a transfer QB, but i also am patient enough to realize that i would prefer building quality LB depth over a grad transfer QB who is not a serious upgrade.

I really wish we had not taken that WR from kansas last year, or we would have room for all of these guys and a QB.

isavedjazz

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2018, 12:58:28 pm »

Otis, are the coaches still on Devonta Lee? I donít anticipate there is room for him, but our Lousiana hogs seem to still be recruiting him.

Thanks for all you do.

presidenthog

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2018, 01:00:18 pm »

Don't think so. Chad mentioned signing another big time DE on NSD, referring to Walker. Brooks they flipped early in process, he was hurt this pass year and they have been slow playing him, no in homes or visits. Not sure if he's academic casualty possibility or not, and at this point seems like a backup plan just in case they don't get Catalon or Henry, or in case Walker does not make grades and they don't want to risk it. Would really love Chris Russell since so thin at LB, but doesn't look like our chances are that great anymore, even though we were first big to offer.

I think sci martin is walkers back up, and like i said in my last post brooks is a back up plan that just so happens to be committed. I outlined in that post why walker is important, and myles Brooks is not

SooieGeneris

• Hogvillian
  • You don't ever want to be chasin' speed..
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2018, 01:05:28 pm »

Ive been saying this for a month on myles brooks. It could be grades on him, but i get a sense that he is also being slow played by our staff. He seems to be the back up plan for catalon who ended up committing, and they took it because they did not know how things would play out. Either him or otey are the odd man out imo. I would believe otey is a higher priority because i see malik chavis playing safety over corner.

Dante walker is a guy i constantly forget about, but he is necessary due to the fact that i see collin clay, and taurean carter both playing inside more than out. Gregory is a DT now as well. Leaving us with only 2 true outside guys without Walker. A RB is a must get at this point due to losing malik, and more than likely us losing 2 RBs after this year. I haven't heard anymore names for RB, and i am assuming unless one falls in our laps that spivey is our best get there.

I honestly also feel that unless we get a wimbush/buechele/hurts(pipe dream) at QB that we should try and take lakia henry, and christopher russell if he wants to come. With myles Brooks going elsewhere of course. If that happens then i will feel like they addressed every need on this team. Yes we need a transfer QB, but i also am patient enough to realize that i would prefer building quality LB depth over a grad transfer QB who is not a serious upgrade.

I really wish we had not taken that WR from kansas last year, or we would have room for all of these guys and a QB.

IMO, Tyree Jackson is better than Wimbush who Kelly wanted to move to RB. I'd take Jackson for sure if he wanted to come here. He may have "better" options as far as W-L record..

Oklahawg

• Resident Optimistic Pragmatist
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Pop Music at It's Finest
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2018, 02:39:46 pm »

Thanks, Otis!

Your work is a Christmas present every time I log on.

Hogeyeblind

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2018, 03:10:42 pm »

Good stuff as usual O.K.

Do you think the RB back up plan would be a high school guy on NSD or a possible grad transfer later on

hogbbq

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2018, 04:04:43 pm »

Can someone clear up where we stand on recruits for me?  I'm not seeing big time OL, looks like we are ok with 3*, also how many QB's are we recruiting, how many are on our roster right now?  How many do we need?  I see lots of DE's. I also hear we have fallen from the claimed 11 or 13th to out of the top 20?  I haven't kept up because I wanted to take a break from the hubbud.  So if someone can clear this up I'd appreciate. 

Swinesong1

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2018, 04:12:10 pm »

Can someone clear up where we stand on recruits for me?  I'm not seeing big time OL, looks like we are ok with 3*, also how many QB's are we recruiting, how many are on our roster right now?  How many do we need?  I see lots of DE's. I also hear we have fallen from the claimed 11 or 13th to out of the top 20?  I haven't kept up because I wanted to take a break from the hubbud.  So if someone can clear this up I'd appreciate.
Most of your questions are answered in the article.  The depth chart is also pinned a little further down from this post.

imtad16

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2018, 04:21:41 pm »

We haven't dropped out of the top 20 and are still 13th on Rivals. The Rivals ranking has had us higher than 247 and ESPN throughout. We are currently 20th on 247 and 19th on ESPN.

hogbbq

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2018, 04:33:55 pm »

We haven't dropped out of the top 20 and are still 13th on Rivals. The Rivals ranking has had us higher than 247 and ESPN throughout. We are currently 20th on 247 and 19th on ESPN.

thanks

hogbbq

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2018, 04:42:05 pm »

So we are at a wait and see how these pan out.  Looks like 6 QB's is likely on the roster with the preferred W/O.   I'm most worried about OL and RB.

presidenthog

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2018, 04:51:51 pm »

So we are at a wait and see how these pan out.  Looks like 6 QB's is likely on the roster with the preferred W/O.   I'm most worried about OL and RB.

Clemson has not had a single offensive linemen drafted in 4-5 years. So it seems we could be fine as long as they play well together. We got a juco OT with offers from OU and texas (yes they were real offers)

The center we signed was a 4 star on 247, and had he not committed his recruiting would have blown up. I feel that we got some good O linemen.

We signed only 2 true defensive ends. 3 if we get dante walker. We needed defensive ends. I called bert out in 2015 for not signing any DEs. I got blasted on here for it. Im not sure what you are really getting at. Ya i wish we could have signed more higher rated O linemen, but like 4 NFL probowl linemen were 4 stars these last few years. The majority of them were 3 star or lower.

hogbbq

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2018, 05:14:18 pm »

Just looks to me like we are not going after the most highly regarded OL.  I think I recall Craddock saying he didn't need great OL or great QB's to run his offense?  WEll, we saw how that worked.

Andrew Hogfan

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2018, 06:03:33 pm »

Just looks to me like we are not going after the most highly regarded OL.  I think I recall Craddock saying he didn't need great OL or great QB's to run his offense?  WEll, we saw how that worked.
I like this OL class.  A few had nice offer lists and the PWO from searcy is a big boy.  Also,  that center is the real deal.  We straight up stole that kid.  First OL highlight video I've ever watched that got me pumped.  Watch it if you haven't.

ricepig

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2018, 06:28:34 pm »

Google "Arkansas 2019 offers", you'll see how many "highly regarded OL we went after. I anticipate you linking the Craddock quote for us.

AugustaHog

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2018, 09:32:23 pm »

Brooks they flipped early in process, he was hurt this pass year and they have been slow playing him, no in homes or visits.
With no in homes or visits, are we looking at a possible blue shirt for Brooks?  He doesnít seem to be looking elsewhere as far as I can tell.  By not visiting that is an open option.  I really wonder if the scenario plays out as if Catalon comes and the class is full, you blueshirt, if not you have your spot in this yearís 29.  SWAG on my part, but the lack of visits definitely sets off alarms.

HogsInaBlanket

• Varsity
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2018, 03:42:33 pm »

nobody said this lol

King Kong

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2018, 11:04:57 pm »

Myles Brooks hasnít had an official visit or an in home visit, correct? If those things donít change he will remain a blueshirt candidate who can go on scholarship next fall by counting toward the next signing class.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas